What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (4 Viewers)

Oh yeah, in the other pic she looked larger, but in this you can tell she's the perfect medium-sized perfect dog perfection.  What's her name?
It's Kes. Her full name is Kestrel but we wanted to call her Kes before we decided she would be Kestrel, because of the mythical stuff and kestrels are the smallest falcons and she's kind of the smallest retriever. And Kes has the Star Trek stuff that I don't really know that much about but Mrs. NV P4K likes.

It's Kes. Her full name is Kestrel but we wanted to call her Kes before we decided she would be Kestrel, because of the mythical stuff and kestrels are the smallest falcons and she's kind of the smallest retriever. And Kes has the Star Trek stuff that I don't really know that much about but Mrs. NV P4K likes.
Ah, d'oh, I should have known by the pic file name.  Pretty name, pretty girl!  I don't know anything about Star Trek but do know the bird.

The rest of us might like it better if ...Underground and ...Revolver qualified for the category. 😆
That was the first thought on my mind, actually. About Underground, that is. Revolver didn't really occur to me until you said it. Elvis also. I wonder if anyone in the FFA has a Velvet Elvis? I doubt it. Too kitsch-tacky for us cargo-wearing MFers. Need more zebra and leopard prints adorning the place to make that work.

Yeah, she's lots of Golden I'm sure. It's hard to tell from the picks but she has yellow eyes, and spots on her paws and other random spots, and she's way too small, but she's also absolutely perfect :wub:

One more pic. These are both fairly recent of her as a 1.5-2 year old. She kind of has a permanent puppy look.
She's adorable. The Goodest. Nice touch.

That was the first thought on my mind, actually. About Underground, that is. Revolver didn't really occur to me until you said it. Elvis also. I wonder if anyone in the FFA has a Velvet Elvis? I doubt it. Too kitsch-tacky for us cargo-wearing MFers. Need more zebra and leopard prints adorning the place to make that work.
I used to have a painting of a bull and matador on velvet.  It's probably still somewhere in the back of our storage unit.

I used to have a painting of a bull and matador on velvet.  It's probably still somewhere in the back of our storage unit.
Crazy, man. There used to be a velvet painting -- a portrait of someone -- hanging in an old room in our fraternity. it was a pretty sketchy room which was left uninhabited for the better part of a year, and a pretty sketchy painting in its attempted austerity.

I'm just remembering that now. We had the campus's drug dealer on the very bottom floor of the backside of a huge mansion, which provided a drive thru opportunity for campus cars out the cellar door, and that other velvet room inhabited by a bunch of sketchers. People were still finding jars of weird #### from both rooms as late as the next year. Nobody wanted to live in either room, really. 

That's neither here nor there. But matadors and bulls will forever remind me of reading The Sun Also Rises for the first time, which was an interesting reading experience to explain to people.

Yeah, she's lots of Golden I'm sure. It's hard to tell from the picks but she has yellow eyes, and spots on her paws and other random spots, and she's way too small, but she's also absolutely perfect :wub:

One more pic. These are both fairly recent of her as a 1.5-2 year old. She kind of has a permanent puppy look.
She's gorgeous. ❤️

If I don't post my picks today, I will tomorrow. I don't feel well. The Dr wrote me a prescription for prescription strength naproxen sodium, and it is doing nothing for the pain in my mouth, and it is severe. I have no more expired painkillers, but they didn't do much. I'm going to call this morning, and tell them I need something with more strength. I'm hoping things will calm down shortly.  I drank a protein drink this morning, and now my stomach feels nauseous.   :X   Anyway, I'll be back and good to go soon.

If I don't post my picks today, I will tomorrow. I don't feel well. The Dr wrote me a prescription for prescription strength naproxen sodium, and it is doing nothing for the pain in my mouth, and it is severe. I have no more expired painkillers, but they didn't do much. I'm going to call this morning, and tell them I need something with more strength. I'm hoping things will calm down shortly.  I drank a protein drink this morning, and now my stomach feels nauseous.   :X   Anyway, I'll be back and good to go soon.
Feel better.

So they gave you freakin' Advil. Great. Stick up for yourself for sure, simey (they should know better than to do that with such a serious dental condition). I hope you feel better. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So they gave you freakin' Advil. Great. Stick up for yourself for sure, simey (they should know better than to do that with such a serious dental condition). I hope you feel better. 
Technically that’s Aleve. Advil is ibuprofen. But the point is the same - prescription strength versions of OTC painkillers aren’t enough. Something stronger is needed.

Hope you feel better soon. And don’t worry about getting behind here, plenty of folks have done it.

Technically that’s Aleve. Advil is ibuprofen. But the point is the same - prescription strength versions of OTC painkillers aren’t enough. Something stronger is needed.
Oh yeah, sorry. The little blue pills. Aleve. Looked up naproxen as a generic ingredient and saw the pictures and description.

If I you would have given me the field vs. Lithium for a Ben Folds song, I would have bet my house on the field.
Not sure what this means. Isn’t Lithium 90s grunge and alternative? Guess Ben doesn’t qualify as alternative?
No, it's a fine song and most of you know I love Ben Folds (have been to multiple concerts and even had a meet and great with him - "Look at Me!!").  With Lithium I think of Soundgarden, STP, Foo Fighters, Nirvana.  Just never thought to shoehorn BFF in there, but I like it.

I drank a protein drink this morning, and now my stomach feels nauseous.   :X   Anyway, I'll be back and good to go soon.
Protein shakes are often hard on my stomach and the ones we buy now don't even have milk/whey in them since Mrs. P4K is vegan, just something about them. 

Protein shakes are often hard on my stomach and the ones we buy now don't even have milk/whey in them since Mrs. P4K is vegan, just something about them. 
Eating a protein bar as we speak. Robert Irvine's Fitcrunch. The only thing fit about me right now is not even the name of the bar I'm eating. It's really a candy bar. 200 calories a pop. I feel like Regina from Mean Girls. That dress ain't going to just zip up at the Holly Ball this year. Nosiree.

Try a mix of naproxen and ibuprofen together to treat pain and reduce swelling. Had emergency dental surgery last Dec and looked like I got punched by Mike Tyson afterwards. My face was so swollen could only eat broth thru a straw for 2 days.

I am not a Hits1 kind of guy, but I asked my daughters for this pick

Pick 41 - Hits1 - Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
Great song but will forever remind me of COVID quarantine 
It reminds me of the trip to Tampa for spring training we took at the end of February, just before covid took over the world. 

We went with another couple, who made it like a month of isolation together and split up (after ten years and a kid together :( )

I don't listen much to pop tunes at all, so this was a first listen for me... 
It hit mass popularity right when the #### hit the fan in March. It was the theme song of the virtual NFL draft and listen to the lyrics: 

I been tryna call
I been on my own for long enough
Maybe you can show me how to love, maybe
I'm going through withdrawals
You don't even have to do too much
You can turn me on with just a touch, baby

I look around and Sin City's cold and empty (oh)
No one's around to judge me (oh)
I can't see clearly when you're gone

It reminds me of the trip to Tampa for spring training we took at the end of February, just before covid took over the world. 

We went with another couple, who made it like a month of isolation together and split up (after ten years and a kid together :( )
That’s rough. My friend is a family law attorney and she said once the strict lockdown in Michigan ended she got flooded with divorces.

I may be the only one but I'm glad to see Velvet get rolled again.
I looked up the recently played last time it came up and didn't know any of the songs other than the one from Frozen. Lots of ex American Idols but description lists singers like Adele,John Legend and Alicia Keys that I don't mind.

I looked up the recently played last time it came up and didn't know any of the songs other than the one from Frozen. Lots of ex American Idols but description lists singers like Adele,John Legend and Alicia Keys that I don't mind.
Oh, that's interesting. Wouldn't have thought of those three, but they sure belong.

It hit mass popularity right when the #### hit the fan in March. It was the theme song of the virtual NFL draft and listen to the lyrics: 

I been tryna call
I been on my own for long enough
Maybe you can show me how to love, maybe
I'm going through withdrawals
You don't even have to do too much
You can turn me on with just a touch, baby

I look around and Sin City's cold and empty (oh)
No one's around to judge me (oh)
I can't see clearly when you're gone
I've never been wired to follow what the current crowd is listening to, I guess that's why I am enjoying classic rock so much these days as I revisit on Vinyl .... I listened to those lyrics this morning and it makes total sense now, lol

I've never been wired to follow what the current crowd is listening to, I guess that's why I am enjoying classic rock so much these days as I revisit on Vinyl .... I listened to those lyrics this morning and it makes total sense now, lol
It came out well before the shutdowns so it was just just an odd coincidence but yeah that’s always going to be the spring 2020 Covid song 

Watching the news and they just said Detroit radio is losing its 2 alt rock stations. One going country and the other pop :(  A soft rock station is going classic rock so now have 3 of those.

ETA- will be classic and modern rock.

They talked to a DJ and she said she was fired during her shift over a commercial break. Went from Frosty the Snowman before commercials to a Killers song after surely shocking alot of people,lol.

Watching the news and they just said Detroit radio is losing its 2 alt rock stations. One going country and the other pop :(  A soft rock station is going classic rock so now have 3 of those.

ETA- will be classic and modern rock.
89X is the only major loss and I guess it’s technically Canadian. That was a long time staple here. Oh well, over the air radio has almost no future imo.

It came out well before the shutdowns so it was just just an odd coincidence but yeah that’s always going to be the spring 2020 Covid song 
In a similar vein, I spent a lot of time in NYC in the early '00s during my Lost Years, and many of us adopted Wilco's Jesus, etc. as our 9/11 song.

Our love, our love, our love is all we have
Our love, our love is all of God's money
Each one is a burning sun

Tall buildings shake
Voices escape singing sad, sad songs
Tuned to chords, strung down your cheeks
Bitter melodies turning your orbit around

Voices cry
Skyscrapers are scraping together
Your voice is smoking
Last cigarettes are all you can get
Turning your orbit around

&

But even though the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot album came out in 2002, the song was written well before 9/11; the album was supposed to be released in '01 but was delayed because of a falling out with their record company, which led to a new label. 

60s on 6

This song hit #3 hit on the Billboard charts and was the 17th biggest hit of 1969. It’s so far removed from the start of the decade that lyrically and musically it would have left the mainstream audiences of 1960 fully perplexed- like the music of an alien race.

Rd 40 Grazing in the Grass by The Friends of Distinction 

I can dig it, he can dig it, she can dig it
We can dig it, they can dig it, you can dig it
Oh, let's dig it
Can you dig it, baby?
I had no idea what this was called or what they were singing.  Thanks.  I really like this song.  I like it better now I know that they are singing "grazing in the grass".

I can dig it.

Users who are viewing this thread