What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (3 Viewers)

Last time this category was rolled, I added two songs, and another person added one by someone other than Jimmy.  I'll keep adding. This is my favorite Buffett song. I've drafted it before. What's not to love about a poet and his dog? 
I'll join you for a drink:

Round 51

A Pirate Looks At Forty - Jimmy Buffett (Margaritaville)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mrs. Rannous said:
Round 47  -  Broadway  -  For Good  -  Wicked

From the original cast recording-  Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth.

Round 48  -  Road Trip Radio  -  Kick it Out  -  Heart

Round 49  -  Hair Nation  -  Walk Away  -  Bricklin
While I was making the hair nation playlist came across an interesting occurrence. A bunch of artists have recorded a song called Walk Away but here is the interesting part, these 4 bands also all have brick in their name- Bricklin,Bricktop,Brick Bosso and Jus' Bricky😲

Loving the lithium playlist- even found a couple new to me songs that really rock. Now I’m trying to narrow my choices from 4 to 2. 

What was new to you? 
The Mudhoney Broken Hands song. Never heard that particular song before and really liked it. Babes in Toyland- never heard of that band before but will check them out some more. Also that Red Head Walking song that I think Rock posted. I just kind of dig that band in general and they are totally new to me. Also P-rick by Tripping Daisy will get more spins from me.

Lithium

Having a hard time narrowing this down as there were still a few bands I really liked from that era that didn’t get drafted yet. I’ll give the edge on this to the female singer since rock was always a little too male dominated and a kick ### female lead singer just adds so much to a band. Like a flame throwing lefty- you don’t get enough of them but when you do they are total difference makers. 

Rd 51 Ridiculous Thoughts by The Cranberries

I think after four we are retiring stations. May need to re-roll that one.
You'll need to take that up with the commissioner.

I'm respecting the dice today in honor of George Cockroft, the author of the 70s cult novel The Dice Man, who died recently at age 87.

I wrote with unfirm hand and dazed eyes the first option, for snake-eyes or double sixes; I would leave my wife and children and begin a separate life.  I trembled (which is hard for a man with so much meat on him) and felt proud. Sooner or later the dice would roll a two or a twelve and the last great test of the dice’s ability to destroy the self would occur. If I left there would be no turning back; it would be dice unto death.

The Mudhoney Broken Hands song. Never heard that particular song before and really liked it. . Also that Red Head Walking song that I think Rock posted. I just kind of dig that band in general and they are totally new to me.
I also posted the Mudhoney song. I used to love that when I was eighteen. I used to sit in DeWindt Hall at Berkshire School, late night, lights out, with PG (post-graduate from high school. I attended Berkshire for a year after graduating high school to play hockey and get grades up) privilege and listen to that album and song, rocking out in our common area.

I loved your fragile fingers
Oh, how they used to soothe me
I need to hear your play again
To smooth my hard feelings

How come they've made you go?
How come they broke your hands?
How come I always have to know?
How come I never understand?

Into alcohol or being a hillbilly?
I'm a suburban slacker, through and through. So neither really applies anymore.

Nah, back in the 70s draft, this was her album from '70 or '71. I told her I loved the sixties Kinks but definitely not (nope, never) the '70s Kinks. I told her I'd give it a spin. It's a darn fine album, that one. Figured I'd cop a deep track off of it, though it seems to be pretty popular among fans.

Nah, back in the 70s draft, this was her album from '70 or '71. I told her I loved the sixties Kinks but definitely not (nope, never) the '70s Kinks. I told her I'd give it a spin. It's a darn fine album, that one. Figured I'd cop a deep track off of it, though it seems to be pretty popular among fans.
I'm a fan of Preservation Act 1

A Kinks song draft would be fascinating because they went through so many wildly different phases.

I'll roll tonight but don't know what the draft protocols are for this strange Thanksgiving.  Canada celebrated theirs before this draft started so there's no international precedent.

I'll roll tonight but don't know what the draft protocols are for this strange Thanksgiving.  Canada celebrated theirs before this draft started so there's no international precedent.
I would say roll and make it a special bonus free day. People can pick as usual- once in the am and once in the pm if they want. If they are busy, they don’t need to pick at all. Then you roll again and Rds 53 and 54 are Friday. 

I would say roll and make it a special bonus free day. People can pick as usual- once in the am and once in the pm if they want. If they are busy, they don’t need to pick at all. Then you roll again and Rds 53 and 54 are Friday. 
I s<3cond that <3motion.

Users who are viewing this thread