What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (3 Viewers)

Round 55

Bittersweet - Hoodoo Gurus  (First Wave)

I saw this band back in the mid 80s at Duke. They were fun.  I remember during the road trip to Durham from Greenville (ECU), one of my friends and a guy I didn't know that well had a conversation I still remember to this day. He was in a couple of my art classes, and he liked the band, and so I asked him if he wanted to go with us. During the ride he told one of my friends that he wrote for the city newspaper. He did the horoscopes. My friend always read hers. For the record, I believe that the characteristics of a sign generally fits that person. For example I am an Aquarius, and I fit the characteristics of one. I, however, do not believe daily horoscopes. Chip, the guy that wrote horoscopes for the paper, told my friend that the next day would bring hardship for her. I told her he was pulling that #### out of his ###. I told her he was making it up.  He laughed and said he wasn't, and that planet so and so along with so and so showed him signs of what would be. He wasn't an astrologer either, he was a college student full of horse hockey. Anyway, it somewhat ruined her time at the show, cause she was so worried about what the next day would bring. He was right that the next day did bring her hardship, because she was worried all day about the doom that was awaiting.  I never asked that guy to do anything with us again, and my friend still reads her daily horoscope. 

He was right that the next day did bring her hardship, because she was worried all day about the doom that was awaiting.  I never asked that guy to do anything with us again, and my friend still reads her daily horoscope. 
We had a musical category for all the P.T. Barnum victims out there...

Round 56.xx

Category: Pearl Jam Radio

Artist: Green River

Song: Ain't Nothing To Do

If you all catch why I picked this one, give yourself one bonus point for getting one connection to PJ, and then another for another connection to PJ while flexing your nerd muscles. If not, click the spoiler, peeps. 

Before Pearl Jam rose from the ashes of Mother Love Bone, Green River had split and Mudhoney and Mother Love Bone had risen from theirs. Here's Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament, IIRC, covering the Dead Boys years before "Sonic Reducer" would be a staple of PJs

Last edited by a moderator:
Those posts in there were pretty tame.  Hope that wasn't the reason, unless a post got deleted.  
Yeah I assume something was deleted 
Yeah, it was something along the lines of "whatever you have to tell yourself, I feel bad for you". Definitely ill-advised going to that part of town after some beers, no good can come from it. 

Interestingly, that ban was termed "indefinite" which is not the same as the "permanent" one a different friend of mine received. 

Yeah, it was something along the lines of "whatever you have to tell yourself, I feel bad for you". Definitely ill-advised going to that part of town after some beers, no good can come from it. 

Interestingly, that ban was termed "indefinite" which is not the same as the "permanent" one a different friend of mine received. 
Wait, your 1st Canadian friend is perma-banned?

If there's a guy who might be involved in this thread who also started but did not finish the TV draft, they're asking if you're going to finish.  If not, Doug B would like to make your remaining picks.  You might wish to pop in there and let him know, or let me know here and I'll post for you there just in case you might not quite be feeling like yourself, if you know what I mean.

If there's a guy who might be involved in this thread who also started but did not finish the TV draft, they're asking if you're going to finish.  If not, Doug B would like to make your remaining picks.  You might wish to pop in there and let him know, or let me know here and I'll post for you there just in case you might not quite be feeling like yourself, if you know what I mean.
Wow.  That was obscure.

Sadly, I understood all of it.

Users who are viewing this thread