What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (4 Viewers)

Our new houses will be 1.5 miles apart!  They are moving over to my town, and I'm happy about that.  After not living in the same state as my Mom since I was 17, she and my stepfather moved out here five years ago, and we were two miles apart.  She didn't quite get the idea that you just cannot "drop by" my house unexpectedly and have me be happy about it, especially since I work from home, but I think I trained her.  Then we both moved 2-3 years ago and right now we're an hour apart, which isn't the best.  They are in their mid/late 70s, and even though healthy and fine, it would feel better to have them closer for when they hit the point of needing my help.
Mrs. Eephus' mom and stepfather live on the other side of SF.  It's been great having them close by this year although I haven't been able to go over to their place and help out around the house as much.
My mom lives 6 doors down. It's pretty great.

I've mentioned before my in-laws live in the subdivision behind us. That's good too for my wife being able to help out with their failing health and my father in laws cancer but my mom is super healthy (healthier than me, certainly) and it's still great, even for the silly, let the pets out, borrow a cup of milk, etc.. stuff. 

Plus, my mom always calls or texts first, despite (because?) being 6 doors down and the in-laws never do :angry:

I think the unified belt was passed from Elvis-->Beatles-->Stones-->U2 which takes us up to around the mid-90s.  Rock Music like boxing has suffered from fragmentation and disinterest since then.  I blame Ugly Kid Joe for everything since 1991.
I think Guns n Roses had a short run followed by Nirvana. Not sure where to go from there. You probably nailed it on the splintering.

Ilov80s said:
Somewhat unrelated and totally not real, but if there was a title of "Best Rock Band in the World", who holds is the lineal champion right now? I have my answer but I am curious who others think as the best pure rock band out there today. Not talking technically the best or has the best body of work, but who is at their peak, is making the best music and doing it in a fashion that really represents the time and place. 
Tough one to answer with so much splintering of musical genres but a few candidates of bands that would be considered "rock":

• Pearl Jam
  • White Stripes
  • Alabama Shakes
I'd put Drive-By-Truckers on there but I'd guess they'd be more "Southern Rock".

BPM

Kicking it off with some Detroit techno/dance music and one of The Godfather’s of modern dance music, Kevin Saunderson who along with Derrick May and Juan Atkins reshaped the world of electronic music when the 3 students met at Belleville High School (I “dated” a girl who lived that way for a minute senior year, FB tells me she’s now a QAnon zombie). 

Rd 65 Big Fun by Inner City

We don't really need a crowd to have a party
Just a funky beat, and you to get it started and oh
We'll dance the night away
We're having big fun

I finally was prescribed an antibiotic today. I've still had lingering pain from that tooth extraction, and I saw the Dr yesterday (I've talked to him on the phone on three other occasions since my tooth was extracted two weeks ago), and he said the area is healing and probably got off to a slow start. I told him I think I had dry socket.  He doesn't think that.  He said there is still some inflammation around it and the sinus cavity, but no infection. He told me not to worry, and give it time. My sinus's have been bothering me for the last two or so weeks, and I've been doing my neti-pots and taking mucinex to hopefully hold off a sinus infection.  The mucus has just been getting thicker and changing colors, so I went to a walk-in today, and I do have a sinus infection. That has probably added to my mouth pain area. Anyway, I was prescribed an antibiotic 💊, which I've wanted since my molar was pulled. Hopefully things will be on the upswing now. 

65.8 or 12 - Avicii feat. Sebastien Drums - My Feelings For You (BPM)

I was planning to visit the Roadhouse today but an old UK work colleague sent me a DJ set he'd streamed earlier this week.  This song was in his mix and I remembered what a banger it  was/is.
Absolute banger. Never heard it before but I instantly hit the like button.

Round 66:

Pearl Jam channel

Wake Up -- Mad Season

Mike McCready side project with Layne Staley, Screaming Trees drummer Barrett Martin and jazz bassist John Baker Saunders. They had bonded over having addiction/rehab in common. 
i nearly took another song from this album a few rounds ago for lithium. it would have been nice to get another album out of those guys. whatever tv channel had the Seattle game a few weeks ago played a mad season song for its bumper music.

ETA: random stream of conscious post. read this post in the voice of the Jerry McGuire kid

Last edited by a moderator:
it would have been nice to get another album out of those guys.
Wiki says it was a one-off because Staley's health deteriorated and Saunders died in 1999. Pearl Jam returning to touring probably didn't help either. 

Martin was (presumably still is) an incredibly powerful drummer, up there with Dave Grohl IMO. I saw the Trees three times and he was a force of nature every time. Looks like these days, in addition to having a few musical projects, he teaches music at a Seattle-area college, writes essays for the Huffington Post and elsewhere, and is an ordained Zen monk. 

Users who are viewing this thread