What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (2 Viewers)

So, he posted a category and I posted a song in that category, just as we had been doing all along. But then you asked, unlike any previous picks, if it were "official," so I don't really get the question.
Sorry, just mostly being kind of buzzed and posting. Your posts and song choices have been perfect!

:lol:   maybe next year they will be #1 on my playlist.   For sure if the 5 year old has a say in it.   

Unfortunately that playlist got shoved aside by her new 35 song Christmas playlist though.  

ETA:  I feel like I am slowly being converted though... 
I still owe the solo playlist, but have just been too busy to complete it.  I do have the top 190 songs on there, which might be enough.  :lmao:

I know you liked "Dear Prudence" but am eager to hear of other songs that might convert you.  :)  

Didnt' think it was good?
It is very well made, directed, acted.    I think I had a similar reaction to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, but it was even more stark here - I think there is a base knowledge of the history and people that you need to possess to really embrace and love the movie, and I didn't have that.   I had the exact thought during the movie that I posted here - 80s will love this movie.  IMO right in your wheelhouse based on your knowledge of that time period in film.  

Next:

Outlaw Country

Can I pick a category that hasn't been rolled yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
I still owe the solo playlist, but have just been too busy to complete it.  I do have the top 190 songs on there, which might be enough.  :lmao:

I know you liked "Dear Prudence" but am eager to hear of other songs that might convert you.  :)  
I will be honest, I don't think it was very many certain songs that were the key.   I think it was a combo of:

1.  Your top 50 not having the skippable songs that really stopped me from loving them and embracing some albums.   ie Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Rocky Racoon, etc.    I think the only one that I don't really like is your #4, but even that is not a skip.  

2.  Giving these songs an honest, dedicated listen with the headphones.   It really helped me appreciate the musicianship more.  

3.  The kiddo loving some of these songs too.  

4.  I had heard most of the songs, but I know that Rain was a standout that I hadn't heard before and I loved.  

I will be honest, I don't think it was very many certain songs that were the key.   I think it was a combo of:

1.  Your top 50 not having the skippable songs that really stopped me from loving them and embracing some albums.   ie Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Rocky Racoon, etc.    I think the only one that I don't really like is your #4, but even that is not a skip.  

2.  Giving these songs an honest, dedicated listen with the headphones.   It really helped me appreciate the musicianship more.  

3.  The kiddo loving some of these songs too.  

4.  I had heard most of the songs, but I know that Rain was a standout that I hadn't heard before and I loved.  
Rain is so amazing.  I think, though it's been a while, that I linked my write-ups in the first post, so you could get to the one about Rain.  It's not that my write-up was good (they were much better in my later thread!), but that I love what Ringo said about his drumming on that one.  It would also give you some insight into the backwards guitar and #### on that if you didn't know.

Rain is so amazing.  I think, though it's been a while, that I linked my write-ups in the first post, so you could get to the one about Rain.  It's not that my write-up was good (they were much better in my later thread!), but that I love what Ringo said about his drumming on that one.  It would also give you some insight into the backwards guitar and #### on that if you didn't know.
It's an audacious record

I'm so tired of Joe's "good people on both sides", "I have coffee with my friends who are conservatives and we all get along, so I'm going to pretend that conservative "facts" can't be called out as being untrue" nonsense. 

I like debating politics but here isn't the place for me, and I *think* I've realized that for good now. 

I don't want to lose the ability to access the music community here, which is really the only reason I come here, and start drafts and countdowns and polls and stuff. This music community we've built here is awesome and will keep me coming back.
I just came across this, and yeah - the PSF is a bit of this.  I think Joe's perception of his R buds clouds his perception of what goes on in those threads with the usual set of posters like SC and the like.   They are not one in the same, but I think because Joe has those connections with this friends, he is too slow to call out the BS and toxic posts from that group of people.  

He's good about bird songs, like Paul McCartney.
I hope that didn't sound dismissive.  It's just that "Too Many Birds" is one of my top three Bill Callahan (or Smog but not Golden Smog, which is the supergroup) songs, and I'm kinda Paul focused right now, and he does so many great bird-related songs.

Anyway, Pigeons is spectacular.

Users who are viewing this thread