What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ranking pies (1 Viewer)

Summer of 2019 I was asked to be a pie judge at our church picnic.  Almost 30 pies.  It was the best day of my life.  Nothing else even comes close.

Oh, and:

1) Peach

2) Pumpkin

3) blackberry and/or raspberry 

4) blueberry

5) apple

Best pie I ever had was at a place called The Marietta Fruit Company.  Pecan pie served with a scoop of cool whip topping.  The owners were a married couple in their 80’s.  The wife (Barbara) made the pies from scratch every day.  If you told me she put a sprinkle of crack in the crust I’d believe you - it’s not possible to have something that tasted better than that pie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Razzleberry- raspberry, blackberry, blueberry

Olaliberry

cherry (real cherry, bot the fake pink stuff from the can)

pecan

chocolate silk

Buffaloes said:
strawberry rhubarb
Surprised to see this as the only mention. Done right this is absolute gold.

Also surprised to see so many votes for key lime -- it's a great pie, don't get me wrong, but really, really hard to find a truly superb key lime pie done right. Most of the time I've had it is cruddy.

bostonfred said:
100% - Apple Brown Betty was what we called it

Assuming pizza is not allowed (which is de fact #1):

1) Apple Brown Betty

2) Cherry

3) Strawberry Rhubarb

4) Pecan

5) Chocolate Cream

Best pie I ever had was at a place called The Marietta Fruit Company.  Pecan pie served with a scoop of cool whip topping.  The owners were a married couple in their 80’s.  The wife (Barbara) made the pies from scratch every day.  If you told me she put a sprinkle of crack in the crust I’d believe you - it’s not possible to have something that tasted better than that pie.
Here's something that tasted better than that pie:

Anything other than pecan pie.

True story. 

I started a garden 15 years ago that has a huge strawberry patch, and 5 rhubarb plants. The pies have been incredible. 

The wife and I have been processing pumpkin this week for homemade pies.

1. Strawberry Rhubarb 

2. Pumpkin 

3. Apple pie with Granny Smith apples

4. Cherry

5. Key Lime

I know a lot of people who like pecan pie, but it's to sweet for me.

I know a lot of people who like pecan pie, but it's to sweet for me.
Usually true for me, too.  But when it's made with the right chocolate, it balances out and becomes very tasty.

1 - blackberry and apple pie

2 - dewberry

3 - mince

4 - pear

5 - fresh strawberry

This place has me covered for the most part.  The name pretty much says it all.  Their pecan sandies are great, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Strawberry rhubarb

Everything else
Agreed love Strawberry Rhubarb.  Pumpkin, Lemon Meringue, Apple and Key Lime round out me top 5

Id love to try a good Pecan Pie but I live in WI, no one knows how to make one here at least that I’ve come across in my 49 years here.

Usually true for me, too.  But when it's made with the right chocolate, it balances out and becomes very tasty.

1 - blackberry and apple pie

2 - dewberry

3 - mince

4 - pear

5 - fresh strawberry

This place has me covered for the most part.  The name pretty much says it all.  Their pecan sandies are great, too.
Nice to know they're still around. Lot's of early mornings/late nights spent at the Westheimer location.  

Everybody says that, until they try it. 
I'm not a huge fan of raisins but they are ok - just read how it's made and I do have to say that I would probably like it.  The basic raisin flavor isn't off-putting to me so adding sugar and cinnamon to it would probably be pretty good.

Apple

Chocolate(basically pudding in a pie crust, absolutely loved it growing up)

Cheesecake(technically a pie)

Pizza

Key Lime

Apple pie

French Silk

Cannoli Cream

Strawberry

Sweet Potato for fall otherwise four berry (tart cherries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries)

1. "The shuke": a piece of pumpkin pie on top of a piece of pecan pie, with whipped cream.

2. Dutch apple/apple crisp whatever it's called.

3. Cherry

4. Lemon meringue

5. Derby

1. "The shuke": a piece of pumpkin pie on top of a piece of pecan pie, with whipped cream.

2. Dutch apple/apple crisp whatever it's called.

3. Cherry

4. Lemon meringue

5. Derby
Never heard of Derby but I am in!!

1. Pizza

2. French Silk

3. Peanut Butter

4. Oreo

5. Sheperds

Get this fruit nonsense outta here.

I went to the local farmers market this morning, and was wondering how you guys would rank the top five pies of all time?

@shuke @General Malaise @Otis
Key Lime is probably my favorite.  Apple pie (has to be done right) a close second.  From there, I suppose banana cream and then peach crisp and once I had some sort of pear pie that was really good.   Oh, and I like pumpkin pie okay too. 

As fat as I am I probably eat pie less than 3 times a year.  My wife will make me a key lime for my birthday and an apple pie for Thanksgiving.  I never get dessert at restaurants.  I have more of a beer tooth than a sweet tooth.

1.  Key Lime
2. Apple Pie
3. Banana Cream
4.  Peach Crisp
5.  Pumpkin 

Honorable mention the Pear Pie thing I had once.

Users who are viewing this thread