What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire & FAAB Discussion prior to the Week 8 games (1 Viewer)

I know Harrison Bryant isn't THAT good but no Hoop, no odell, someone's gotta catch the ball and I liked how he moved out there
Is Hooper really good or was he just in a good spot in Atlanta? I haven't seen him play in Cleveland but I didn't understand the signing at the time with them having OBJ, Landry, and the RBs on offense already. 

Is Hooper really good or was he just in a good spot in Atlanta? I haven't seen him play in Cleveland but I didn't understand the signing at the time with them having OBJ, Landry, and the RBs on offense already. 
My opinion is Hooper is solid and its not like Hurst has stepped in and improved his numbers despite improved atheticism.  I was loving Hooper going forward based on his rapport with Baker.   So I was surprised to see Bryant almost step into his role seamlessly today.  But that slot and spot intrigues me

All that said Cincy stinks.  But that said, TE is a wasteland.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd avoid the BAL RBs unless you're absolutely desperate. 
I like Gus -- not a burning priority to get, but he's a guy I'm looking to add as he has a weekly role, and could be big if Ingram gets hobbled. He's looked solid and the team trusts him, so would have value down the stretch as the war of attrition that is the NFL season progresses. 

Yahoo allows you to pick up players who haven’t played yet or are on bye until either their game or until MNF. Edwards and Dobbins are available to be picked up. Blankenship too lol.
If that’s he case you can probably go grab the Indy and Sota TEs. 

Some candidates I see from this week's game -- as always, leagues are different so the availability/lack thereof of these guys will be different:

QB - I don't see a lot of value, and doubt guys like Hebert and Bridgewater are still out there, so these guys are speculative if you have the spot

• Ben DiNucci, DAL -- I mean, I wouldn't, but he's next guy up if Dalton's concussed, and they play the Eagles next. 
  • Jarrett Stidham, NE -- Cam looks horrid, and at some point they have to start throwing him in there.
RB

• Chase Edmonds, ARI -- already had a role that made him flex-worthy as a spot start in PPR, could be the main guy for a bit if Drake's ankle holds him out of games
  • Carlos Hyde, SEA -- clear handcuff and Carson got dinged again. Not sure when Penny returns, but Hyde looks to be the guy for now, with no threat from Homer/Dallas.
  • La'Mical Perine --  Gore was still mpore productive but the Jets have to be giving Perine more of a load to see if he's their future.
  • JaMycal Hasty, SF -- likely scooped last week, but if not, worth the look even if this backfield is still crowded. With Mostert out and Wilson with a high ankle sprain, the field is at least thinning and the rookie is producing.
  • Wayne Gallman, NYG -- this will likely be a hell of a committee, but Gallman was the most productive with Freeman getting dinged.
  • JD MCKissic, WFT -- could be out there, and while Gibson continues to make his case why no one else should be carrying the ball, McKissic looks to be next man up and could have a role that makes him low-end flexable against teams suspect to screens/dump offs.
WR

• Sterling Shepard, NYG -- big game and Engram/Tate aren't contributing
  • David Moore, SEA -- not all games are going to be high scorers like this one, but Moore made the most of his targets I can see them looking his way over Dissley/Olsen/Hollister
  • Christian Kirk, ARI -- highly unlikely he's available after coming on strong these past weeks, but saw a lot of talk about dropping him as the low man on the list to cover byes so if he's definitely a guy to go get if he was dropped and not scooped up after last week
  • Mecole Hardman, KC -- maybe not available, and had a quiet day, but of him and Robinson, Hardman is the better play.
  • Curtis Samuel, CAR -- another guy who might not be available in a lot of leagues but definitely worth a look in PPR as Teddy is spreading the love.
  • Albert Okwuegbunam, DEN -- Hamler is getting back to speed and Patrick had an off day, but Albert is the only one consistently producing these past few weeks
  • Randall Cobb, HOU -- likely a one week wonder, but this WR squad is all boom/bust so he might pay off in a game or two down the line. Trouble is knowing which one.
  • Marquez Callaway, NO -- no idea who this guy is, and I think Tre'Quan Smith might be the better longer term grab,  but anyone who has 8 catches and 75 yards in a high powered offense is at least worth checking out.
TE

• Richard Rodgers, PHI -- not sure what his shelf life is with other TEs ahead of him in the depth chart coming back but the g
  • Harrison Bryant, CLE -- other guys ahead of him in the depth chart are ailing and this guy is producing
  • Drew Semple, CIN -- CIN may not be in many shootouts but Semple is definitely in the game plan
  • Eric Ebron, PIT -- resurgence of relevance with Big Ben & Co. undefeated

For sure. Players aren’t typically that emotional if they’re going to miss a few weeks. 
Agree, he looked to be in agony and fell awkwardly in the pile but it didn't look to be a knee ligament, as opposed to looking like an ankle. Didn't look broken (to me, I'm no doctor) and a high ankle sprains can keep you out for a bunch of games, but better than being out for the season with something worse.

I'm not a mind-reader either but I've seen guys get emotional with an injury that turns out to be not that serious as they are at a point where they want or need to prove themselves and getting taken out of a game hurts their chance to earn that trust. Could argue Drake was in that position as well.

Regardless, hope he is OK. That clearly was an injury that had him writhing in pain.

Thoughts on Agholor?  I can’t believe I just typed that. 
Having watched every Raider game, I think he's worth a shot if you're hurting. Should have put him in my suggestions. He's had a few strong couple of games, Carr looks his way and he's playing tough and agile. I think predicting TDs for any receiver not named Waller is going to be difficult, and the Raiders spread the ball around a lot, but Agholor is cementing himself in this offense.

• Marquez Callaway, NO -- no idea who this guy is, and I think Tre'Quan Smith might be the better longer term grab,  but anyone who has 8 catches and 75 yards in a high powered offense is at least worth checking out.
I think this kid is already better than Tre'Quan "this is his breakout year" Smith.

Kid made the roster over guys that were on the roster last year as an undrafted FA with no OTA's, etc... The James Robinson of WR's. They saw him in practice and he showed he could pick up the playbook and do what Drew needed him to do and made the 53.

Ankle that put him out of the game didn't look great though...

Browns WR Rashard Higgins played on all 28 of Baker Mayfield's Week 7 drop backs against the Bengals. 

Odell Beckham, Jr. exited the game early with a potentially serious knee injury and Higgins took over, catching six of six targets for 110 yards in the Browns' win over Cincinnati. Jarvis Landry played on 27 of Mayfield's 28 drop backs, while Donovan Peoples-Jones was in on 21 of those snaps. Higgins will rightfully be a hot waiver add this week as it looks likely OBJ will miss time with the knee injury. 

Double said:
Yahoo allows you to pick up players who haven’t played yet or are on bye until either their game or until MNF. Edwards and Dobbins are available to be picked up. Blankenship too lol.
My yahoo leagues don’t 

Grain of salt with it being the Jets..plus Crowder being out.  But Mims is probably worth an add based on his target share in his first game back.

Denzel Mims caught 4-of-7 targets for 42 yards in Week 7 against Buffalo.

Mims was making his debut after he missed the first six weeks on IR. He tied Braxton Berrios with a team-high seven targets and was the Jets' leading receiver. Mims benefitted from Jamison Crowder sitting out this week but looks to have a role moving forward. The second-round rookie should be one of this week's top waiver pickups.

-jb- said:
Edmonds skyrockets to the top of available. 
Related - I've had Eno Benjamin stashed all year.  Just dropped him to cover my DEF bye week, figuring I had a great shot at getting him back after byes cleared. Now he's a valuable handcuff

:wall:

ETA - might be able to sneak him back on waivers since they're going into the bye, and the Edmonds owner is not very active.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eagles WR Jalen Reagor (thumb) was activated from injured reserve. 

In September, Reagor was given a 6-8 week timetable after he had surgery to repair a torn UCL in his thumb. He could still be held out through the team's Week 9 bye week. The emergence of Travis Fulgham -- and to a much lesser extent, John Hightower -- could complicate matters for Reagor upon his return. Reagor should be rostered in deeper leagues with multiple flex spots. 

FreshiZ said:
I think this kid is already better than Tre'Quan "this is his breakout year" Smith.

Kid made the roster over guys that were on the roster last year as an undrafted FA with no OTA's, etc... The James Robinson of WR's. They saw him in practice and he showed he could pick up the playbook and do what Drew needed him to do and made the 53.

Ankle that put him out of the game didn't look great though...
Marquez Callaway says he's 'all good' after injury late in Saints' win over Panthers

Absolutely.

Secondarily, Eno Benjamin too if Drake is truly out for a while.
What does Eno Benjamin (or Jonathan Ward, for that matter, who is ahead of Eno in the depth chart) actually bring to the table that would be useable in a fantasy context?

Honestly want to know as I don't know much about them other than they are late round/UDFA pickups that don't seem that different in build/running type.

I could see Jordan Howard being an asset the Cards go after if Drake is out for a meaningful amount of time over these two guys.

What does Eno Benjamin (or Jonathan Ward, for that matter, who is ahead of Eno in the depth chart) actually bring to the table that would be useable in a fantasy context?

Honestly want to know as I don't know much about them other than they are late round/UDFA pickups that don't seem that different in build/running type.

I could see Jordan Howard being an asset the Cards go after if Drake is out for a meaningful amount of time over these two guys.
Very fair point.  Anyone know if Eno or Ward is next in line?  Thanks Stompin'.

Very fair point.  Anyone know if Eno or Ward is next in line?  Thanks Stompin'.
No idea outside of Ward being ahead of Eno on their depth chart. Could be meaningless. I believe Ward, while more of a small school player, was touted as a more well-rounded guy in terms of ability in the run and pass game. Both guys are around similar weight with Eno, a 7th round pick, being slightly taller, so no clear physical traits separate them.

Not sure I'd be after either at this point without knowing their role and usage. Seems to me Edmonds can be a 3 down back,

I feel like Zack Moss might be starting to be a thing, Bills have slumped and Moss didn't wow, I thought he had a shot at a longish TD that he didn't have the foot speed to finish but the offense looked way better with him out there

also want to say this hobby was way more fun when there weren’t a million websites telling everyone exactly what to do. I know I’m not alone. 
Agree but not much you can do about that.  Within a few years I think every player in every league is going to have Fantasy Life or SleeperBot on their phone and everyone will get the same info at the same time.

Agree but not much you can do about that.  Within a few years I think every player in every league is going to have Fantasy Life or SleeperBot on their phone and everyone will get the same info at the same time.
:rant:

Users who are viewing this thread