What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marcus Johnson - Free Agent (1 Viewer)

Insein

Footballguy
Searched pretty thoroughly and didn't see a thread.

Been in the league since 2018. Guy had 100 yard game before the bye. Kind of going under the radar. Is he just a flash or finally starting to emerge?

Add to it TY Hilton's struggles and this guy could be ready to take over.

Last edited:
Just picked him up for free earlier today. I was surprised to learn this was his third year. I don't remember hearing about him before. He seems to be doing well with the opportunity available to him.

When is Pittman due back?
Just designated to return today, which means they have twenty-one days to activate him off of IR. They seem to fill different roles, though it may be tough for Johnson to get on the field. I don't know how the rotation will work. I don't watch Indianapolis too much. 

I am in a total rebuild in a very tough 16-team dynasty league with some pretty savvy owners and I grabbed him and signed him to a 3-year deal.  I figured why not.

And to be perfectly honest I don't even remember him at UT.... and I'm a pretty big Longhorn fan.  

He tested well following his time at UT, drawing praise from the awesome Gil Brandt.  Looks like some of the athletic profile is starting to ooze out a bit.

Definitely a dice roll I can see materializing if the opportunity continues to present itself.

He's done very well with the Titans this off-season. Fans arguing there's no place for him and the guy just keeps making plays.

Whatever development seems to have clicked with him

Pads on tmrw.

Idk where he fits in with five WRs already penciled in but in the least he's a name for summer DFS

Two weeks into camp, he's the 4th WR by reps or depth chart. He's played all three well and the positive news hasn't stopped. 

The compliments have even slowed down where it's expectant. He's arrived. 

This is your Julio or AJB deep roster stash in case they get hurt.

Another fifth year WR proving that theory correct, y'all better leave a post-it on your screen to remember him. Idk if I'd draft him but...he's the one everyone will scramble for.

Two weeks into camp, he's the 4th WR by reps or depth chart. He's played all three well and the positive news hasn't stopped. 

The compliments have even slowed down where it's expectant. He's arrived. 

This is your Julio or AJB deep roster stash in case they get hurt.

Another fifth year WR proving that theory correct, y'all better leave a post-it on your screen to remember him. Idk if I'd draft him but...he's the one everyone will scramble for.
Can't say I know this one.  And he's in his 6th season ;)

Can't say I know this one.  And he's in his 6th season ;)
Really? Fifth year breakout is usually the term.

Really again? I have never bothered to look but I've heard it at least 100 times. Maybe a PS year or...idk.

He got a ring with the Eagles on their ps.

For the Colts he popped on the radar a couple times but that's about it.

Really? Fifth year breakout is usually the term.

Really again? I have never bothered to look but I've heard it at least 100 times. Maybe a PS year or...idk.

He got a ring with the Eagles on their ps.

For the Colts he popped on the radar a couple times but that's about it.
3rd year WR is what I know.  But what do I know?  Not busting too hard on ya, mostly just having fun.

Played handful of snaps week one.

Given starters rest versus Bucs, on the side w Jones and AJB.

It appears he and Reynolds won't play preseason. Reynolds could still go on PUP if need be.

I think Marcus is a great last pick for a draft. "The other guy" should get the defense's worst CB on the field and has had a heckuva off-season.

If Reynolds gets the #3 WR spot week one, because he got paid, then you can cut Marcus. I won't be. I'm on this train.

Julio's injury history, Marcus could be huge some weeks.

Josh Reynolds injury today is considerable for him. He's running out of time to get work in.

Maybe take Marcus 15th 16th round now.

No injury update but just with the updates IR, IR, ... short term IR said about him. I guess we can infer sooner than later.

Chester Rodgers and Reynolds are so fortunate. Marcus was gonna steal that spot and not look back

@Bri what's the word on when Johnson is back from practice?

With the AJB and Julio injuries, I am thinking of stashing.

Definitely stash, I said so in waiver thread Sunday and all my predictions are coming true- not like they're Nostradamus just it all fits so perfectly.

Vrabel said today he could play this week (21 days if they want) and I think he might but how much? Is he ready?

I have him on every FF team of mine and am planning against Jags next week. I'm ok if he does play and goes off against the Jets. I gotta see it first.

Don't forget this is a guy that's in his fifth year and hasn't done much. That he rocked all off-season and looks like a star could be like some preseason darling from years ago when teams sincerely played preseason. 

I'm on the bandwagon and fired up but...show me

I want to see it too.

My eyes were 'whew look at him' in many offseason videos and he could be the piece that puts the Titans in the Supe. 

Chester Rogers improvement translated so now there's a solid sub to go with Batson. If they (essentially) added a third starting WR that can be a problem along with Julio and AJB...that would be huge.

I was never that high on Reynolds and don't wholly care he busted but this would be so cool if Marcus is as advertised. 

First game, more n more snaps with each possession, led Titans in receiving.

I don't blame ya calling me sugar coating that but 3 for 52 yards, five targets was more than AJs 43 yards.

The offense looked better and Downing showed some Smith-like changes and adjustments and it was very encouraging for Titans fans. I gotta figure some of that was due to having Marcus- the top WR all offseason- so he was comfy calling this n that. Last week they were down three starting WRs and play calling was so vanilla. Again could be sugar coating some but it is what it is.

Anywho, I hope y'all picked him up from my posts in WW thread and Titans WR thread. 

I expect he plays the most of Titans WRs. AJ and Julio don't need to be in on every snap...been discussing over n over...same view. Use them as a pros pro and let the other WRs do the dirty work

Users who are viewing this thread