What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (4 Viewers)

man i really hope the C's can turn up their game and make these playoffs. find a way to play the Sixers in the 1st round please

man i really hope the C's can turn up their game and make these playoffs. find a way to play the Sixers in the 1st round please
The C's look bad now, but be careful what you wish for. Lots of time before the playoffs and C's are playoff tested and could be a tough match up if they figure it out. 

The C's look bad now, but be careful what you wish for. Lots of time before the playoffs and C's are playoff tested and could be a tough match up if they figure it out. 
maybe. in all honesty i would like to see them match up in the playoffs against the Nets. Tatum is a shell of his former self defensively, but if he can light a fire where ever he needs it, i think the C's are one of the teams that can match up pretty good defensively against Nets big 3. 

i also take Stevens over Nash 1000 out of 1000 times. 

but if they run into the SIxers, i think the Sixers will win in 5. I am impressed with how Tako guarded Embiid and didn't let himself get too carried away and pile up fouls. But just ilke Stevens said on this broadcast, Celtics are very lucky to only be down 15 points. And Sixers aren't even playing that great, Harris has been bad, and as a whole the team has been kind of just in cruise control 

Last edited by a moderator:
Celtics will likely go get that 4 seed.  They needed TT & Fornier back for depth vs. Philly.  That was also Robert Williams first go at Embiid as a starter...he'll learn from it and be better next time.

How are Piston fans not filing a lawsuit for fraud against Blake Griffin? From what i understand, he had not dunked this decade in a Pistons uniform, but his first basket back in the "spotlight" was a jam and last nite he was bouncing like a kid and showtiming and shuckin, jivin', be-boppin' & scattin' all over the Pellies. i guess a mere $450,000 of Michigander moolah every time he laced up (or didn't) wasnt enough of a reason...

now, i'm screwed - i dont watch LeBron teams until the finals cuz he's such a pompous ### and, just as i got over enough of my Kyrie hate to be able to enjoy three all-time chukkers playing together, they add an insurmountable disgustifiaction. maybe i should just quit

How are Piston fans not filing a lawsuit for fraud against Blake Griffin? From what i understand, he had not dunked this decade in a Pistons uniform, but his first basket back in the "spotlight" was a jam and last nite he was bouncing like a kid and showtiming and shuckin, jivin', be-boppin' & scattin' all over the Pellies. i guess a mere $450,000 of Michigander moolah every time he laced up (or didn't) wasnt enough of a reason...

now, i'm screwed - i dont watch LeBron teams until the finals cuz he's such a pompous ### and, just as i got over enough of my Kyrie hate to be able to enjoy three all-time chukkers playing together, they add an insurmountable disgustifiaction. maybe i should just quit
Blake Griffin is what he is - we all knew that things would end up like this as soon as we traded for him. And there are two things that he has in the plus column for Pistons fans: 

1. He did come back early from an injury to play in the playoffs a couple of years ago, and may have worsened the injury because of it. But more importantly,

2. We have zero interest in winning games this season, so him dogging it to get out of town worked just fine with our team goals.

I posted this a few pages back. Blake was good for the Pistons until injuries. The dunk thing is overblown. Yes it was 2 years or 40ish games for Blake. A lot while playing hurt. 

It's pretty bad.  Lakers/Nets final would be great for star power but it would be hard to cheer for either team.  Anything but that and I'm good.

Can't see anyone beating the Nets if they get HCA and are healthy.  So many good young players in the league right now, was hoping this dream team thing was behind us but here we are.

Jayrod said:
Celtics will likely go get that 4 seed.  They needed TT & Fornier back for depth vs. Philly.  That was also Robert Williams first go at Embiid as a starter...he'll learn from it and be better next time.
if they can find a way to get past this powerhouse T-Wolves team they may have a chance to even make the playoffs

Zach LaVine with 39 points in the first half.  Unbelievable performance.
Kind of funny looking back at the online reaction to the Kings signing Lavine to that “ridiculous” offer sheet, and the even dumber Bulls deciding to match. In Sacramento everyone was furious that it signaled that Vlade wasn’t sufficiently committed to Buddy Hield. A good reminder that us online pundits don’t always know what we’re talking about. 

Nuggets with 8 straight wins, last three without Murray. Still undefeated with Gordon. Jokic with 26/13/14. I think there is a fair chance that the Nuggets slide up to the 2nd seed over the next 20 games - they are currently a game behind LAC (they play later in the season to decide the season series) and 2.5 games back of the Suns (Nuggets own the tie breaker). 

Nuggets with 8 straight wins, last three without Murray. Still undefeated with Gordon. Jokic with 26/13/14. I think there is a fair chance that the Nuggets slide up to the 2nd seed over the next 20 games - they are currently a game behind LAC (they play later in the season to decide the season series) and 2.5 games back of the Suns (Nuggets own the tie breaker). 
I'd love to see the Nuggets just win the whole thing.  Really, anybody but the Lakers or Nets would make me happy (I may not watch if its those 2 in the Finals), but I love watching Jokic so much.

I'd love to see the Nuggets just win the whole thing.  Really, anybody but the Lakers or Nets would make me happy (I may not watch if its those 2 in the Finals), but I love watching Jokic so much.
The longer Davis and LeBron are out, the less likely I see them as serious contenders. After being off for a month or two, players don't always come back 100%. 

I think the Nuggets have a nice two year window right here. The whole starting lineup other than Barton are still getting better, as well as some of their bench rotation (Dozier, Morris). The backup bigs are getting old (Millsap/Green/McGee) but Bol and Nnaji are buried on the bench and they both still have a chance of being NBA rotation players - I'd be surprised if Nnaji doesn't at least develop into a decent 4th big, he's mobile defensively to the point he may be able to switch out onto guards and he has an NBA stroke. Unless there are some injuries, this team will be better next season, and maybe for the next 2-3 if they get the green light to go over the tax.

Tatum with 53, but I’d rather have Oubre.
you sound like ESPN and the NBA media these days. Guys check box scores, and how many points and then talk all about it. If NBA switched to a 1:1 league, Tatum would be top 10. i just don't know how much he makes his teammates/team better

you sound like ESPN and the NBA media these days. Guys check box scores, and how many points and then talk all about it. If NBA switched to a 1:1 league, Tatum would be top 10. i just don't know how much he makes his teammates/team better
I don't know for sure either, but it's a good bit more than Kelly Freaking Oubre.

I don't know for sure either, but it's a good bit more than Kelly Freaking Oubre.
yes, my post that Oubre is better was wrong. However, if i was starting a new team i either would take Tatum and 4 other specific pieces around him to build a one-dimensional team, or i would take Oubre as my 4th or 5th guy and have more tools in the toolbox

Not Wilt, not Kareem, not Shaq, not Kwame Brown or Chuck Nevitt.  

Andre Drummond joins Bob McAdoo as the only Lakers to ever have at least 20 points and 10 rebounds in 22 minutes or less. 

Are the Lakers Better Without LeBron and AD?

In this week’s podcast, @JMon348 and I will do a deep dive into . . . 
Topics include:

Was Frank Vogel the real reason for the 2020 title?

When Lebron returns is he willing to let the offense flow through Ben Mclemore?

Will Anthony Davis be ok returning as a floor spacing 4, so Drummond can dominate the paint? And will there be issues that the team now refers to Drummond when yelling “AD”?

i hope they move the timber wolves to fargo and rename them the fargo kelly oubres take that to the bank brohans 

Whoa, I actually was going to put that in my post, WTF Lakers???, but I forgot.
Yeah. I get that it is really like a throwback for them, but when I see blue on white with LA I think Clippers.

I like that the NBA let's teams do alternate jerseys (earlier Miami Vice, Mint Charlotte, and sunset Jazz have all been beautiful), but just think a lot of these teams have run out of good ideas having to do a new one each year. And don't get me started on these "Earned" uniforms where you have buffoonery like a gold Heat jersey.

Yeah. I get that it is really like a throwback for them, but when I see blue on white with LA I think Clippers.

I like that the NBA let's teams do alternate jerseys (earlier Miami Vice, Mint Charlotte, and sunset Jazz have all been beautiful), but just think a lot of these teams have run out of good ideas having to do a new one each year. And don't get me started on these "Earned" uniforms where you have buffoonery like a gold Heat jersey.
Yeah I don't care for most of Brooklyn's alternates this year. I wish they could just recycle designs from previous years, because nothing's going to top their Biggie unis from 2019 IMO. Everyone loved those.

It’s so bad. I can’t even identify half these teams when I flip on the tv. It’s one thing to have an alternate or two but some of these teams have a dozens outfits. It’s ridiculous. Get off my lawn. 

Not Wilt, not Kareem, not Shaq, not Kwame Brown or Chuck Nevitt.  

Andre Drummond joins Bob McAdoo as the only Lakers to ever have at least 20 points and 10 rebounds in 22 minutes or less. 
It wasn't as record breaking weird as this, but Talen Horton Tucker somehow had 11 assists last night, more than twice as much as any other Laker.

:loco:

I watched BOS-DEN today. Nuggets were up by roughly 15 points late in the third and 10 minutes later they were down 15. Yes, a 30 point swing in about 10 minutes. They completely fell apart. Got outscored 31-8 at home in the 4th. It was . . . shocking, like they just quit.

Users who are viewing this thread