What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (7 Viewers)

such BS. Traitor Danny at it again. Leprechaun, AB, Theis, the guys who left it all on the floor - one gets Kyried, the other two dumped for cap savings. yeah, i wanna bust my hump for that guy...
I would have 100x's rather see Thompson traded over Theis.  I really liked the guy and think he had developed into a good stretch 4/small-ball 5 style player with defensive/rebounding upside.

Last edited by a moderator:
i see that people expect austin rivers to get bought out after his trade and to sign with the bucks and i just threw up in my mouth a little take that to the bank brohans 
I was going to talk about how scrappy he was and tout his 3-pt shooting, but then I looked at his advanced stats.  :yucky:

He is a detriment to his team when on the floor.

ETA: He has had a negative BPM his entire career, a negative VORP in every year but one and averages 1.5 total winshares per season.  That's craptastic for a guy that has actually started 151 games and played for 8 seasons.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
I would have 100x's seen Thompson traded over Theis.  I really liked the guy and think he had developed into a good stretch 4/small-ball 5 style player with defensive/rebounding upside.
poor bastage - he'd be richer than a Kardashian if he was paid for every time a ref saw a flop/fake and whistled down the tattooed white guy

i see that people expect austin rivers to get bought out after his trade and to sign with the bucks and i just threw up in my mouth a little take that to the bank brohans 
I was going to talk about how scrappy he was and tout his 3-pt shooting, but then I looked at his advanced stats.  :yucky:

He is a detriment to his team when on the floor.
yeah he is terrribul and in additon to being bad at everything also is a ball hog so i hope he goes somewhere else the other name i see as a buyout and possibility for the bucks is teague and i would be ok with that as a backup point guard he is a good little spicy enchilada in my opinion take that to the bank brohan 

yeah he is terrribul and in additon to being bad at everything also is a ball hog so i hope he goes somewhere else the other name i see as a buyout and possibility for the bucks is teague and i would be ok with that as a backup point guard he is a good little spicy enchilada in my opinion take that to the bank brohan 
Teague has been ungood this year for the Celtics.  Not sure if it was father time or playing/coaching styles or what, but he isn't the same guy that was an all-star in Atlanta.  Rookie Payton Prichard has played circles around Teague all season.

So after the trade today, the Nuggets roster is:

PG - Murray, Morris, Campazzo, Howard

SG - Will Barton, PJ Dozier

SF - Porter Jr

PF - Gordon, Millsap, Green, Nnaji, Cancar, Bol, Clark, Wittington

C - Jokic, McGee

They needed one more trade to balance out the roster - there are way too many PF/Cs and not enough wings.

@wikkidpissah Who is Jevonte Green?
verrrry talented kid with no schooling or confidence. excellent on-ball defender, hops, stroke, with the focus of a 3yo @ xmas. should be in the hands of a guard whisperer like Dwayne Casey - dont think Donovan will do much with him. he'll be in the game, do sumn make u say "wtf izzat?!" & disappear the rest of the way. i call him "Flashback".

So after the trade today, the Nuggets roster is:

PG - Murray, Morris, Campazzo, Howard

SG - Will Barton, PJ Dozier

SF - Porter Jr

PF - Gordon, Millsap, Green, Nnaji, Cancar, Bol, Clark, Wittington

C - Jokic, McGee

They needed one more trade to balance out the roster - there are way too many PF/Cs and not enough wings.
look for Dozier to be this year's Malik Beasley

look for Dozier to be this year's Malik Beasley
I don't know. I like him enough, nice defender, acceptable shooter, plus athlete, but his feel offensively is lacking and he seems to get in the way sometimes. A fine 9th/10th man that can play on the wing and at PG in a pinch. Good find off the scrap heap though. He'll stay in the rotation because they don't have anybody else like him.

I'm curious to see what the front court rotation looks like. Come playoffs, probably 2/3 of Millsap/Green/McGee are out of the rotation unless they are playing the Lakers.

Got to love how the Heat improved.

Added Oladipo (and likely Aldridge) for nothing
I don't think it's a great improvement, but it was worth a shot to see if Aldridge and Oladipo are totally shot or not. Oladipo has been pretty bad for a couple years now and Aldridge probabaly isn't any better than Olynyk at this point. 

As you said the cost was low, but I see it kind of as a low risk low reward bet.

Most surprising non-moves were Lowry and Lauri. TBH Them being dealt for one another (in some package) would have made a lot of sense for both clubs.

Major said:
Fertitta and Co. not so much.  The Rockets really played this Harden trade wrong.  
i know there was some love for Olynyk in here earlier, but i think that Oladipo trade was the worst trade of the deadline. i mean is ws bad enough to not just grab Allen and Levert in the Harden trade, but to now go for Oladipo and give him up for i'm not even really sure what just seems insane. they had to be able to get a better deal than that i would think

Did not expect Vuc to be traded. Carter any good?
Carter has been disappointing. Decent Defender not as good as he should and not the rim protector he was thought as. He was avg Offensively but doesn't Fit the Bulls current offense. I like it as its a nice aggressive trade from AK. 

i know there was some love for Olynyk in here earlier, but i think that Oladipo trade was the worst trade of the deadline. i mean is ws bad enough to not just grab Allen and Levert in the Harden trade, but to now go for Oladipo and give him up for i'm not even really sure what just seems insane. they had to be able to get a better deal than that i would think
Olynyk>Oladipo

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Most surprising non-moves were Lowry and Lauri. TBH Them being dealt for one another (in some package) would have made a lot of sense for both clubs.
I thought Lauri would be moved for sure.  It's really been a lost season for him and needs a change of scenery.  No idea how much better Chicago will be, but I'm sick of the soft lottery picks they have drafted over the past 15 years that needed their hand held.  

Yeah, I have a feeling Fertitta wanted a big name in the trade and Levert/Allen didn't have enough sizzle.  Instead, they vastly overrated the value of Oladipo who is worth considerably less given his current output and contract demands.  

Yeah, I have a feeling Fertitta wanted a big name in the trade and Levert/Allen didn't have enough sizzle.  Instead, they vastly overrated the value of Oladipo who is worth considerably less given his current output and contract demands.  
I think the idea was always to flip him but they were hoping they could rebuild his value and get a couple firsts.

Deamon said:
I don't think booting the first ever asian woman sports GM out and replacing her with an old white dude would go over well.
LOL.  I wasn't actually looking at who the other teams have at the GM spot when I said that (Grier is also african american for the phins so that wouldn't go over well either), It was more a tongue and cheek comment that while the other 3 (4 if you count soccer) teams haven't really seen any recent success, Riley as their GM wouldn't have allowed them to languish as long as they have.

Boston goes into Milwaukee and wins. 

Time Lord: 7-9-6-5  +19 :popcorn:

Should be interesting to see if Drummond is brought in. 
my guess is that this is driven completely by Boston sports media. I would wager a large chunk Drummond ends up on Nets or Lakers, and nowhere near the Celtics. 

in other news, when did Blake Griffin become such a punk? I think this is becoming the modern NBA where vets go and soak up millions of dollars and smaller market teams, and basically "player tank" until they get bough out and then they actually go hard when they can be surrounded by superstars. Pretty weak picking a fight with Sadiq Bey because Harden dropped 40 on the PItons and now Griffin wants to act tough with his former team

in other news, when did Blake Griffin become such a punk? I think this is becoming the modern NBA where vets go and soak up millions of dollars and smaller market teams, and basically "player tank" until they get bough out and then they actually go hard when they can be surrounded by superstars. Pretty weak picking a fight with Sadiq Bey because Harden dropped 40 on the PItons and now Griffin wants to act tough with his former team
you think guys purposefully go to small market/losing teams for a few years to make money?

you think guys purposefully go to small market/losing teams for a few years to make money?
nope. was simply one sentence out of a few up there. I do think Blake Griffin probably put in 60% effort while with Detroit, particularly this year, working his way toward a buy-out. Now that he has that buy-out, he is trying to play like normal again

Just a pretty slimy thing to do to not put any effort into a team that paid you well, and treated you well with a buy out so you could go where you wanted. he repays his former teammates by yelling at them and trying to pick a fight with them on the court, in particluar a rookie who is around 15 years younger than Blake is. 

So i don't think all players do this, but i do think Griffin is a bit of a bum for doing it

nope. was simply one sentence out of a few up there. I do think Blake Griffin probably put in 60% effort while with Detroit, particularly this year, working his way toward a buy-out. Now that he has that buy-out, he is trying to play like normal again

Just a pretty slimy thing to do to not put any effort into a team that paid you well, and treated you well with a buy out so you could go where you wanted. he repays his former teammates by yelling at them and trying to pick a fight with them on the court, in particluar a rookie who is around 15 years younger than Blake is. 

So i don't think all players do this, but i do think Griffin is a bit of a bum for doing it
you are exhausting

you are exhausting
:(  is it not strange that Griffin goes close to a full year and a half without a dunk with the PIstons, and now has multiple a few weeks with the Nets? Guess it is just me then, or whatever i post in this specific thread that magically turns into poison venom when i click submit.

Anyway, impressed by Harden's ability to adapt to this team, and really am interested in what is going on with Durrant and if he ever will be truly healthy again. If not, real shame for the guy. 

:(  is it not strange that Griffin goes close to a full year and a half without a dunk with the PIstons, and now has multiple a few weeks with the Nets? Guess it is just me then, or whatever i post in this specific thread that magically turns into poison venom when i click submit.

Anyway, impressed by Harden's ability to adapt to this team, and really am interested in what is going on with Durrant and if he ever will be truly healthy again. If not, real shame for the guy. 
It's not that strange; the Pistons suck and teams could pack the paint and double him always. The Nets are amazing and he gets all the free open things. I could score 6 points a game on that team.

The thread turns to poison because you often post really idiotic things. Try to channel your All NBA draft thread self a little more and people probably react more nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread