What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (6 Viewers)

Can't believe Embiid is letting Deandre Jordan look like the guy that played on the Clippers and hid in house during free agency. 

Side note: If the Nets win it all this year Blake and Jordan would get a ring before Paul. That would make me smile. 
The Mavs now have had Jordan and Redick since then lol

this game is just a joke, has been a joke since we knew that half of the Nets were not going to play today. Refs doing what they can to keep the game competitive, but when you take a team as top heavy as the Nets and majority of their starters aren't playing it is almost not even worth playing, let alone televise nationally

this game is just a joke, has been a joke since we knew that half of the Nets were not going to play today. Refs doing what they can to keep the game competitive, but when you take a team as top heavy as the Nets and majority of their starters aren't playing it is almost not even worth playing, let alone televise nationally
Nets just outworking us right now.  Gotta hit our FT's to close this out.  Brutal.

Nets just outworking us right now.  Gotta hit our FT's to close this out.  Brutal.
yeah, but the whole things has been laughable. they did lull the Sixers into sleep when the Siexers were up 24 points. Same basic thing with the Grizzlies game earlier this year with the Sixers when they put in the btm of the bench. 

But Sixers average 31 free throw attempts a game, and had 11 before the last 3:00 minutes of this game. Just been a funny game, Nets throwing forearms and elbows on offense and for whatever reason it is all good. Refs look like a deer in headlights half of this game

F'ers are going to cost me my dub bet on the Sixers -7 though, knew this would be close with a national game and the Sixers so much more talented then the Nets bench

yeah, but the whole things has been laughable. they did lull the Sixers into sleep when the Siexers were up 24 points. Same basic thing with the Grizzlies game earlier this year with the Sixers when they put in the btm of the bench. 

But Sixers average 31 free throw attempts a game, and had 11 before the last 3:00 minutes of this game. Just been a funny game, Nets throwing forearms and elbows on offense and for whatever reason it is all good. Refs look like a deer in headlights half of this game

F'ers are going to cost me my dub bet on the Sixers -7 though, knew this would be close with a national game and the Sixers so much more talented then the Nets bench
-7 isn't over just yet

if i were on the Sixers i would wait until we were up by 8 and just gun a ball at the Nets bench to bean one of those old goofballs, and act like i was trying to make a pass

hilarious.
i hope what comes out of this game is the Nets and media pushing that Jordan can hang with Embiid. would be great if they start to think they can cover or do anything with him. Biggest worry for the Sixers is teams trying to get Embiid to foul out (which i can't remember the last time he did)

Those Philly liberty bell jerseys are trash.  And what's up with the Gucci esque snakes on the court? 

i watched Kyrie Irving's post game interview, no idea why C's fans hated him so much and why he gets so much grief all the time. I know he has said some wacky things, and it was good when he recounted the whole flat earth thing (basically said he got caught in a rabbit hole), but he seems like a generally good guy and teammate

i watched Kyrie Irving's post game interview, no idea why C's fans hated him so much and why he gets so much grief all the time. I know he has said some wacky things, and it was good when he recounted the whole flat earth thing (basically said he got caught in a rabbit hole), but he seems like a generally good guy and teammate
Yeah I'm sure that post game interview is a perfect summation of who he is as a person and all that he has done in the past.  Your post seems very logical and well reasoned.   :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm sure that post game interview is a perfect summation of who he is as a person and all that he has done in the past.  Your post seems very logical and well reasoned.   :rolleyes:
Lol, again a Celtics fan and their hate for kyrie. No idea why there was ever such hate for him, and him leaving the team was probably the end of any championship hope for the Celtics org for a good 5-7 years 

hey everybody, i'm new here and just learning about the NBA.

are there really only two teams in the entire league?  the Celtics and the Sixers?  do these other teams just barnstorm between the two cities like the Washington Generals and they don't have any real fans to talk about their games?

i'll hang up and listen

are there really only two teams in the entire league?  the Celtics and the Sixers?  do these other teams just barnstorm between the two cities like the Washington Generals and they don't have any real fans to talk about their games?

i'll hang up and listen
There are rumors of a new fledgling league out near the Californias called the "Western Conference", but I'm having trouble finding anything to verify their existence or any reports about the games.  Whatever it is, there is no way it is a quality league that can compete with the likes of the Celtics or even the 76ers.

i'll hang up and listen
The bandwagon for Nets fans hasn’t really loaded up yet and there weren’t exactly a lot of Nets fans in general. Laker fans in this board have either gotten timeouts, been sucked in the politics forum, or have grown bored with winning.

Just about everyone else, IMO, has grown tired of an NBA where 2 or 3 super teams exist and everyone else knows their shot at a title is extremely small. 

i'll hang up and listen
Ok fine, move Wolves talk. Got it. 

i'll hang up and listen
lol, definitely a fair point. I do like the other fans chipping in from time to time, but do agree this thread would likely be at 10 pages if C's and 6ers fans didn't talk as much about their teams. 

I will say the good thing with both Boston and Philly fans is that we discuss the good and bad.

Oh wow, Aldridge is retiring. Had an irregular heartbeat scare during a game last week and is hanging it up. Hopefully he’s alright.
hmm strange that it took so long for him to find out about this. does kind of make you wonder why teams don't do more regular checks on players, like Levert only finding his scare due to his trade. with medical staffs on each team, you would think it wouldn't hurt to do a full exam during the off-season and check all of these things. Players could benefit, and maybe teams are nervous to put in place for extra costs and chances of losing players

hmm strange that it took so long for him to find out about this. does kind of make you wonder why teams don't do more regular checks on players, like Levert only finding his scare due to his trade. with medical staffs on each team, you would think it wouldn't hurt to do a full exam during the off-season and check all of these things. Players could benefit, and maybe teams are nervous to put in place for extra costs and chances of losing players
I'm wondering if it's a covid thing, the Spurs had a bad outbreak in their locker room a couple months ago.

Lol, again a Celtics fan and their hate for kyrie. No idea why there was ever such hate for him, and him leaving the team was probably the end of any championship hope for the Celtics org for a good 5-7 years 
Kyrie is really hard to like.   Why are you defending him? Just curious 

Kyrie is really hard to like.   Why are you defending him? Just curious 
just saw the post game interview, and Kyrie came off as a good teammate and seemingly good guy. micro-view of him, so who knows. I also thought the media and fans crushing him a bit when he spoke about his Native American heritage hit a chord for me too, but all in all, was just a fleeting observation. 

Like Ben over Kyrie though  :homer:

lol, definitely a fair point. I do like the other fans chipping in from time to time, but do agree this thread would likely be at 10 pages if C's and 6ers fans didn't talk as much about their teams. 

I will say the good thing with both Boston and Philly fans is that we discuss the good and bad.
lol, just poking the bear a little.

lots of people seem to like their teams but aren't really speaking up about them. 

i'm only a casual Bucks fan and don't really get to watch them much or i'd have a few thousand more posts in here :oldunsure:

So we need more talk about how Luka is the greatest player to come into the NBA since LeBron and it's not even a hot take, which is insanity.

He shotput parallel to the floor a buzzer beating game winner last night. I lost my mind. I woke my wife up (also wtf an 8:30pm CT start time for a game IN MEMPHIS??)

So we need more talk about how Luka is the greatest player to come into the NBA since LeBron and it's not even a hot take, which is insanity.

He shotput parallel to the floor a buzzer beating game winner last night. I lost my mind. I woke my wife up (also wtf an 8:30pm CT start time for a game IN MEMPHIS??)
Luka is awesome. The Mavs are one all star level wing away from being a legit contender. 

lol, just poking the bear a little.

lots of people seem to like their teams but aren't really speaking up about them. 

i'm only a casual Bucks fan and don't really get to watch them much or i'd have a few thousand more posts in here :oldunsure:
Not that there was ever much doubt, but after last night its even more apparent that the regular season truly does not matter in this league. 

Luka is awesome. The Mavs are one all star level wing away from being a legit contender. 
Idk man. I watch this team every game...I think they're an underrated contender this year. They have STILL, after like 2 months of no issues, lost the most games of any team to COVID and protocols. They're like the #3 team in Goldsberry's efficiency since they got every back a little before the break. 

Even now these stupid losses to SA and HOU are due to guys being out that make a difference to how the team works. With Murray's injury...I think the questions for the West are:

1. Playoff P?

2. Is Phoenix real or already at their absolute peak while other teams go up a level?

3. LeBron and AD health?

If I'm Dallas, I'm not that worried about Utah. Portland also has got them in the season series ut again without their strong defenders in the lineup. 

Like, sure, another all-star would be great. But that Luka-Hardaway-DFS-Maxi-KP lineup is still rounding into form and looks nasty at times. 

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
Idk man. I watch this team every game...I think they're an underrated contender this year. They have STILL, after like 2 months of no issues, lost the most games of any team to COVID and protocols. They're like the #3 team in Goldsberry's efficiency since they got every back a little before the break. 

Even now these stupid losses to SA and HOU are due to guys being out that make a difference to how the team works. With Murray's injury...I think the questions for the West are:

1. Playoff P?

2. Is Phoenix real or already at their absolute peak while other teams go up a level?

3. LeBron and AD health?

If I'm Dallas, I'm not that worried about Utah. Portland also has got them in the season series ut again without their strong defenders in the lineup. 

Like, sure, another all-star would be great. But that Luka-Hardaway-DFS-Maxi-KP lineup is still rounding into form and looks nasty at times. 
I should define what I mean by contender.

Could the Mavs make a run to the conference finals if they caught a bunch of breaks and got hot? Maybe.

A true contender for me is a team that if they play well they can beat anyone in a 7 game series without breaks. 

If the Mavs could find their version of Khris Middleton then they are that team. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

i'm waiting til the Mavs finish maybe 5th or 6th in their conference before conferring beatitudes

Curry playing out of his mind right now. 29 treys in the last three games.  39.9 ppg in April
happened to catch his 20pt first quarter the other night. 

it just looks so effortless. behind the back, weaving between two guys, fading to the side, just effortlessly splashes a 3 that barely rips the net.

he looks so fluid, doesn't need any time, space or perfect setup to knock em down. he almost looks like a 1-man video game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread