What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (6 Viewers)

Imagine being a completely rebuilding team and spend $22 mil in 2020 on a couple 30 something centers. (and probably ~addition $5-6 mil on Bradley/Okafor).

While you watch your mid 20s best player walk for under $14 mil/yr  :lol:  

Or your best player before that for that same $28 million for a couple of 2nds to Cleveland. 

:lmao:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine being a completely rebuilding team and spend $22 mil in 2020 on a couple 30 something centers. (and probably ~addition $5-6 mil on Bradley/Okafor).

While you watch your best player walk for under $14 mil :lol:  
Woj just said the Houston Wood signing was a sign and trade with the Pistons.

Wood just must not have wanted to be in Detroit.

Curious what the Nuggets do now, because if they're starting Murray, Jokic, and MPJ... I dunno, that's a lot of pressure on Gary Harris.

Well, if we're being honest here....

Who really does??
Kind of set that one up on a tee. 

Having said that - from local D beat writer - 

"Wood gets close to $14 million per year from Houston. Was told the Pistons didn't want to go that high for C-Wood. Detroit elected to go with Grant at a higher price instead."

--

So I got nothing now.

Nate Duncan @NateDuncanNBA

The last time we saw anything as bad as what the Pistons are doing was Sacramento on July 1, 2015.

9:18 PM · Nov 20, 2020

The Stauskas trade!! Cleared a bunch of cap space so they could sign Rondo, Koufos, and Belinelli. :lol:  

Blake's almost 32, rarely (never) healthy over a full season, 3 years over $100 million left on his contract.

It would certainly be splashy I suppose.

The new Paul Millsap for Denver!!! 

Blake's almost 32, rarely (never) healthy over a full season, 3 years over $100 million left on his contract.

It would certainly be splashy I suppose.
I refuse to think they'd let Grant walk in order to get Blake......but stranger things have happened. They did grossly overpay for both Millsap / Plumlee recently.

From a local D writer about Pistons possibly using waive and stretch - 

"I almost wonder if they made Snell-Dedmon trade for this reason. Snell's $12.5M deal expires this season. Dedmon has $13.3M this season + $1M guaranteed next -- meaning DET can stretch the total of $14.3M over 5 seasons (as opposed to being able to stretch Snell over 3 seasons)"

"I almost wonder if they made Snell-Dedmon trade for this reason. Snell's $12.5M deal expires this season. Dedmon has $13.3M this season + $1M guaranteed next -- meaning DET can stretch the total of $14.3M over 5 seasons (as opposed to being able to stretch Snell over 3 seasons)"
I admire that beat writer for trying to put a positive spin (or trying to make sense) on anything they're doing.

I really do.

I admire that beat writer for trying to put a positive spin on anything they're doing.

I really do.
Pretty sure that is a retweet of Zach lowe

https://twitter.com/zachlowe_nba/status/1329986016271364100?s=21

Wall for Westbrook is perfect...neither side wants to add anything.  I don’t know what type of stalemate this is, but it’s something.  They’re both going to have give the Knicks boatloads of picks to absorb the Wall contract.  

Wall for Westbrook is perfect...neither side wants to add anything.  I don’t know what type of stalemate this is, but it’s something.  They’re both going to have give the Knicks boatloads of picks to absorb the Wall contract.  
Both of them will end up on the Knicks somehow. 

Wood just must not have wanted to be in Detroit.
But apparently Grant did!!!! :unsure:

@ShamsCharania

Denver was willing to match the three-year, $60M offer Jerami Grant received from Detroit. Grant enjoyed his time in Denver, but leaves for Pistons where he is expected to have an enhanced offensive role.

Howard to backup Embiid?  Dont love it. I thought the goal was to have someone to run and space with Simmons when Embiid was on the bench?

Crazy bargain. Curious about the fit, but he is a Klutch client. I had to double check to make sure Shams didn’t accidentally put down the wrong LA team. Sounds like he turned down a bigger deal from Charlotte. 
I like this deal. Basically slots in where Howard was roster wise, but is younger. Would have been interesting to see gasol play with Davis and James, oh well.

Howard to backup Embiid?  Dont love it. I thought the goal was to have someone to run and space with Simmons when Embiid was on the bench?
vet minimum is pretty key. so they still have some cap room to play with. Morey has talked about running some small ball with Ben at the 5, so maybe that is an option. 

Eric Pincus

Assuming full MLE to Trez - which puts the Lakers with 4 min players, Markieff and KCP at $10 mil - and JaVale - at $138,62,893 for tax purposes - $275,107 under the line. Roughly
He cleaned this up a bit later. Lakers could afford 10 for KCP and Kief for 2.8. Sounds like KCP might want more. Might need to dump McGee somewhere or hope the league gives them relief from Deng. 

My God do I wish I had been 6 inches taller and a bit more athletic.  Be looking at $10MM/year minimum.  The amount of money the NBA can pay these mid-tier/bench guys is filthy.

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Free agent Justin Holiday has agreed to a three-year, $18.1M deal to return to the Indiana Pacers, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

10:38 PM · Nov 20, 2020

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Free agent Jakob Poeltl is finalizing a three-year, near $27M deal to return to San Antonio, agents Mike Tellem, Aaron Mintz and Steven Heumann tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

10:49 PM · Nov 20, 2020

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Free agent Justin Holiday has agreed to a three-year, $18.1M deal to return to the Indiana Pacers, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

10:38 PM · Nov 20, 2020

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Free agent Jakob Poeltl is finalizing a three-year, near $27M deal to return to San Antonio, agents Mike Tellem, Aaron Mintz and Steven Heumann tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

10:49 PM · Nov 20, 2020
Finally a couple of deals that make sense 

Users who are viewing this thread