What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (4 Viewers)

I watched BOS-DEN today. Nuggets were up by roughly 15 points late in the third and 10 minutes later they were down 15. Yes, a 30 point swing in about 10 minutes. They completely fell apart. Got outscored 31-8 at home in the 4th. It was . . . shocking, like they just quit.
The bench really let them down. The Nuggets' starting front court was +8, +9, +10 and they still lost by 18. They missed Murray yesterday.

The bench really let them down. The Nuggets' starting front court was +8, +9, +10 and they still lost by 18. They missed Murray yesterday.
i was wondering how it happened. Saw some stuff where Boston media were talking about Grant Williams shutting down Jokic. Was quite surprised to hear that, and wondering if that was the case or no

Malone needs to stop with the three guard lineup with joker out, and more importantly, he needs to stop playing both millsap and green.  

Another fun stat from the twitters:

Last night was the 29th different 6+ game losing streak in the past 15 years for the Kings

In the past 15 years, the Kings have never had a winning streak of 6+ games
Are you suggesting the Kings have been bad at basketball for the last 15 years?  

Anarchy99 said:
I watched BOS-DEN today. Nuggets were up by roughly 15 points late in the third and 10 minutes later they were down 15. Yes, a 30 point swing in about 10 minutes. They completely fell apart. Got outscored 31-8 at home in the 4th. It was . . . shocking, like they just quit.
pretty wild

and as much as i want to see my favorite team win every single game, NBA teams know that sometimes  when you let off the gas a little things can fall apart fast but you don't waste the energy trying to pull it together again because 1 game against a non-conference opponent in the middle of the season is just completely meaningless.

pretty wild

and as much as i want to see my favorite team win every single game, NBA teams know that sometimes  when you let off the gas a little things can fall apart fast but you don't waste the energy trying to pull it together again because 1 game against a non-conference opponent in the middle of the season is just completely meaningless.
In Boston, the media is trying to spin the win against DEN as the Celtics coming out party and they are now going to finish strong and be imposing in the playoffs. What they should be spinning is they had a good come from behind win . . . which coupled with multiple collapses like Denver's puts them where they are. A very inconsistent, .500 team that literally can beat or lose to anyone on any given night. So sure, nice comeback, but until they show any semblance of consistency or a full 48 minutes of effort across multiple games, the Celtics are just another team in the middle of the pack.

Celts driving the lane like go-karts yesterday and, next to quality stops, easy shots is what they've had the hardest time getting.

it's down to Porter's clodhoppers. no matter his skills, with Gordon handling the switches so Jokic only has to play body-up d, someone's got step into the lane like they mean it and MPJ is allergic to both footwork & contact.

:wub:  the Lakers (tonight). Sixers only chance to get to the Finals is if they can get that 1st seed
I think that is true for anyone that wants to go to the finals in East except the Nets. I also think the Bucks, Nets, and 76ers should try to avoid the 3rd seed. The winner of the 2 play ins are going to be waaaay easier then whoever is left of the Hawks, Celtics and Heat. That is 3 rough series to win to the East and 2 of them without home court. I would fade even the Nets if that is their path. 

I think that is true for anyone that wants to go to the finals in East except the Nets. I also think the Bucks, Nets, and 76ers should try to avoid the 3rd seed. The winner of the 2 play ins are going to be waaaay easier then whoever is left of the Hawks, Celtics and Heat. That is 3 rough series to win to the East and 2 of them without home court. I would fade even the Nets if that is their path. 
Then in the West...I have no idea who wins that thing.  It will be whoever gets hot during the playoffs.  Could be any one of the two LA's, Denver, Utah or Phoenix.  Assuming Davis and LeBron are playing, they are the favorite still, but them both missing this much time this late in the season is a problem.  The Clippers looked great last year, but then choked away that lead vs. Denver.  Denver looks good, but seem to be smoke and mirrors at times.  Utah has played the most consistent, but I'll believe it when I see it in the playoffs...Phoenix basically the same.

Once again, the playoffs look to be amazing this year.

This Daniel Theis is an interesting player to watch. He comes in with the 2nd unit and starts banging guys around, all elbows and shoulder blades.

He is like a tatted up Ed Nealy.

This Daniel Theis is an interesting player to watch. He comes in with the 2nd unit and starts banging guys around, all elbows and shoulder blades.

He is like a tatted up Ed Nealy.
I miss him.  I loved his game in Boston and would have MUCH rather let Tristan Thompson walk.  Lots of energy defensively (has had great block numbers the past couple seasons) and can shoot.

#### :sadbanana:

Nick Friedell @NickFriedell

Jamal Murray was in agony underneath the basket for a few moments -- he appeared to be grabbing his left knee. Nuggets coaching staff instantly knew injury was bad and started calling for more attention. Murray just limped his way back to locker room.

11:31 PM · Apr 12, 2021

Jamal Murray was in agony underneath the basket for a few moments -- he appeared to be grabbing his left knee. Nuggets coaching staff instantly knew injury was bad and started calling for more attention. Murray just limped his way back to locker room.

Didn't look good. Sucks.

It looked bad in real time and on replay.  Ugh.

i was so excited for the Nuggets to make a deep run and the results of this MRI are going to really impact that. i am not hopeful. 

Torn ACL for Murray. Ugh.
so weird, in a time where everyone w title aspirations is fake-injuring or stretching rehabs to have stars fresh for the playoffs, that the Nuggets would rush Murray back (he was questionable for last night - i had him out of fantasy lineups). i guess they were in a hurry to see what they had with their post-trade five. dang shame -

Last edited by a moderator:
This bums me out. I thought the Nuggets had a slightly better than a punchers chance of actually winning the finals. They'll still be competitive without Murray, but no better than a second round team that'll probabaly get spanked. 

Optimistically, he returns in the back third of the season next year. 

This bums me out. I thought the Nuggets had a slightly better than a punchers chance of actually winning the finals. They'll still be competitive without Murray, but no better than a second round team that'll probabaly get spanked. 

Optimistically, he returns in the back third of the season next year. 
Definitely sucks for the Nugs. I figured they'd represent the West this year after the recent moves.

Definitely sucks for the Nugs. I figured they'd represent the West this year after the recent moves.
I think it would have been a total toss up between Utah, the LA teams, and Denver, with Phoenix looking to crash the party. They were looking good until these last two games. 

Hey FBG NBA experts,

For our All-Time NBA draft, we are doing a head to head tournament over in the Basketball Forum for our Best In Show teams, which are our top decades teams for each drafter.  

We have two poll threads set up here and here to pick the head to head winners (links provided so Wikkidpissah doesn’t have to scroll). You can judge the teams however you want. No research or criteria needed - although some of the drafters have provided some writeups for their teams in the poll threads and those might be helpful if you aren’t familiar with all the players. 

There are some great matchups in the first round: Shaq vs Steph, MJ and Stockton vs Wilt, Dr J vs Jerry West, Kobe vs Duncan, Magic vs Barkley, LeBron vs Dirk, Hakeem and Payton vs Moses and Archibald, Russell and Petit vs Wade and the Greek Freak. 

Help us settle once and for all who is the GOAT!

First round voting is due today, second round tomorrow, etc. 

Hey FBG NBA experts,

For our All-Time NBA draft, we are doing a head to head tournament over in the Basketball Forum for our Best In Show teams, which are our top decades teams for each drafter.  

We have two poll threads set up here and here to pick the head to head winners (links provided so Wikkidpissah doesn’t have to scroll). You can judge the teams however you want. No research or criteria needed - although some of the drafters have provided some writeups for their teams in the poll threads and those might be helpful if you aren’t familiar with all the players. 

There are some great matchups in the first round: Shaq vs Steph, MJ and Stockton vs Wilt, Dr J vs Jerry West, Kobe vs Duncan, Magic vs Barkley, LeBron vs Dirk, Hakeem and Payton vs Moses and Archibald, Russell and Petit vs Wade and the Greek Freak. 

If you'd like to go make sure everyone remembers that LeBron and no defense loses to both Dirk and Kawhi with well built teams on their own, make sure you pop over there right quick to let everyone know he'd lose to both of them on the same team!

Hey FBG NBA experts,

Voted in both and logged onto 2 aliases accounts to vote against Modogg and Frosty a couple extra times.

Hey FBG NBA experts,

3 hours left for first round voting!!!

We have a couple extremely close contests. 

Celtics have a legit shot to actually go 3-0 now on this West coast trip.  The Lakers had to play in Charlotte last night and are still without Davis and Lebron.

When I first saw the schedule, I thought they may go 0-3.  I kept expecting them to make a push and get the 4 seed, but these last two games have been a pleasant surprise.  Unfortunately, I passed out on the couch last night around 9:00 CST and didn't get to see a second of the game.  Hoping to catch the Friday night broadcast vs. LAL and see if they can handle Drummond.

Yo Mama said:
Hey FBG NBA experts,

sorry to keep spamming this thread but I have no shame. 

Thanks to everyone who voted in the first round yesterday, we had great turnout. 

Second round voting is now LIVE - voting due again by 9pm pacific, midnight eastern tonight. 

So NBA fines the SIxers and Ben Simmons earlier this year for choosing to not play a game with some concerns regarding Covid. Tonight, Nets are literally not playing 6-7 guys, with 2-3 due to injury related issues. Kyrie Irving basically just says "I don't feel like playing a bit, so i am stepping away", and not a peep for the NBA. 

Such a strange league, that seems to be so superstar driven. It is like the economy we have where the top 1-3% owns like half of the economy. 

Sixers-Nets tonight will be such a tease and waste of TV now. Nets are sitting KD, Harden, Kyrie, Aldridge, and Blake Griffin. i for one wanted to see Aldridge and Blake have to match up a bit with Embiid and see if there was any chance either had. 

So NBA fines the SIxers and Ben Simmons earlier this year for choosing to not play a game with some concerns regarding Covid. Tonight, Nets are literally not playing 6-7 guys, with 2-3 due to injury related issues. Kyrie Irving basically just says "I don't feel like playing a bit, so i am stepping away", and not a peep for the NBA. 

Such a strange league, that seems to be so superstar driven. It is like the economy we have where the top 1-3% owns like half of the economy. 

Sixers-Nets tonight will be such a tease and waste of TV now. Nets are sitting KD, Harden, Kyrie, Aldridge, and Blake Griffin. i for one wanted to see Aldridge and Blake have to match up a bit with Embiid and see if there was any chance either had. 
Feels like a lot of injury/other issues throughout the league right now. Hornets are missing 5 out of their top 9 rotation right now and used Brian Wannamaker at PG and Jalen McDaniels played 40 minutes last night! Have been noticing it with other teams too.

Feels like a lot of injury/other issues throughout the league right now. Hornets are missing 5 out of their top 9 rotation right now and used Brian Wannamaker at PG and Jalen McDaniels played 40 minutes last night! Have been noticing it with other teams too.
could be. i think it is more due to the back-to-back situation, but then it could be argued it was silly for the Net to worry so much about the match-up against the T-Wolves yesterday. 

Sixers have a plus in this regard though, with after they play the back-to-bakc against the Bucks next week they can let Embiid and some others have a few games off here and there considering the only tough match up they have over the last 10-11 games of the season is one game against the Heat. 

Except Kyrie is playing and Harden is out for a legit injury and Durant is working back from injury and played yesterday.

Edit: and Blake and LMA are just names and not really that good anymore. 

Edit 2. 

The Philadelphia 76ers have been fined $25,000 for violating the league's injury reporting rules, the NBA announced today. The violation occurred when the 76ers failed to list guard Ben Simmons on the team's initial injury report for a game on January 9 against the Denver Nuggets in which Simmons did not play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lol harden is legitimately hurt. 

I was going to watch to see Lamarcus Aldridge but now I’m not. 

Lol harden is legitimately hurt. 

I was going to watch to see Lamarcus Aldridge but now I’m not. 
Well yeah, that was why I said with only 2-3 injuries. I think harden def is one and probably easing KD back in to not reinjure his leg injury (might have been a hamstring I don’t remember). But Aldridge and Blake seem to be out for the sake of just being out. If I put my homer hat on, I suggest they are sitting out like how Tristan Thompson say out when the c’s played the Sixers... because they are frightened to face Embiid 

Can't believe Embiid is letting Deandre Jordan look like the guy that played on the Clippers and hid in house during free agency. 

Side note: If the Nets win it all this year Blake and Jordan would get a ring before Paul. That would make me smile. 

Users who are viewing this thread