What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (7 Viewers)

Nuggets signed Austin Rivers to a 10 day. He might be the starting PG for most the remainder of the regular season with Murray out for the year and Morris out for a good while with a pulled hammy.

They started Facu at going last night and the Grizz were leaving him open. He's making a decent % of his threes on the season (.373 and nearly 3/4 of his shots are from 3) but he's only shooting 5.5 per 36 and they are mostly open. The team needs a guard that is at least a bit of a threat off the dribble and somebody that will at least be guarded at the 3 point line so the team isn't playing 4 on 5 offensively. It's unfortunate that the Nuggets will be reliant on a 10 day contract player to play a pivotal role on what should have been a championship contender.
at least he was a viable NBA player at one point.  could be worse. not ideal, but could be worse.

at least he was a viable NBA player at one point.  could be worse. not ideal, but could be worse.
Statistically, things don't look much different these last couple years from his "peak" in LA. His usage is down a bit, he's quit taking FTs (which is concerning), and he's traded some mid rangers for threes, but otherwise he looks like the same player. I haven't watched him much over the last couple seasons so I don't know if he sucks worse or not, but he'll fit better as a combo guard in the starting lineup than the other options they have.

msudaisy26 said:
Steph Curry now has 21 career games with 10 or more made 3's. Doesn't seem like a lot until you see Klay is second with 5 games and Curry is a career 43 percent 3 point shooter on that kind of volume. Crazy. 
just saw this on reddit:

If Steph Curry went 0/500 on 3 pointers and then retired, he'd have a higher 3-point percentage than Ray Allen.

Ridiculous.

Ray Allen - 2,973 / 7,429 = 40.01%

Steph Curry - 2,755 / 6,342 ---- 2,755 / 6343 + 500= 2755 / 6843 = 40.26%

Embiid playing tonight when the rest of the starting line up is out.  Just punt this game and rest him... but I guess they're worried about getting fined, and also Joel wants that MVP badly.

Embiid playing tonight when the rest of the starting line up is out.  Just punt this game and rest him... but I guess they're worried about getting fined, and also Joel wants that MVP badly.
i'm glad they seemed to be playing it conservative with Toby and some of the others. Those Bucks games coming up are bigger deal. First one is tomorrow right? back to back with away games is just silly

:eek: :eek: :eek:  if that shot at the buzzer by Embiid didn't bounce out i would say he should get the MVP automatically. that shot looked like he practiced it

i am 4 spots into five spot and six spot parlays. need utah to cover (looking good) to hit the 5er, utah to cover and memphis to win to hit the 6er. fingers crossed, could be a 4 figure$ slate...

These injuries are really getting out of hand.

Marc Stein @TheSteinLine

Atlanta's Trae Young just helped off the court by teammates after a bad landing on his left ankle.

8:44 PM · Apr 21, 2021

Westbrook has been fantastic lately. They’ll get destroyed but I hope they get Brooklyn in round 1
My favorite player to watch. Nice to see him go on a tear after the all-star break. His wife had a little twitter breakdown over all the haters. Really they just have to live with it. Since she is in charge of so much of his fashion, I tweeted her to make him a shirt that says, "Not an All-Star". 

also wiggins with a miserable layup choke to tie the game with 7 seconds left. and westbrook gets 20 boards. also a really fun game. 
Fun game, but so sloppy. Was difficult to watch at times. If I bet I would have lost a small fortune betting the overs on Curry and Beal having over 30 points. They each went in with an 11 and 6 game streak. 

Jordan Poole looks like he is going to have little nice career. Has the look of a future 6th man of the year. 

My favorite player to watch. Nice to see him go on a tear after the all-star break. His wife had a little twitter breakdown over all the haters. Really they just have to live with it. Since she is in charge of so much of his fashion, I tweeted her to make him a shirt that says, "Not an All-Star". 
I think Westbrook might just be misunderstood. He has a mean look on his face, but maybe that is just his face and he is super competitive. Everytime I watch him play this year though he is always helping guys up, says my bad on hard fouls and is talking to tge other team after games. 

These injuries are really getting out of hand.

Marc Stein @TheSteinLine

Atlanta's Trae Young just helped off the court by teammates after a bad landing on his left ankle.

8:44 PM · Apr 21, 2021
Short off-season, trying to cram 72 games in 5ish months as opposed to 82 in 7 months, but the players are the wusses and ruining the sport by taking days off amirite?

:sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Westbrook might just be misunderstood. He has a mean look on his face, but maybe that is just his face and he is super competitive. Everytime I watch him play this year though he is always helping guys up, says my bad on hard fouls and is talking to tge other team after games. 
honestly don't like praising him cuz it brings out the haters, i won't engage. remember all the generous, charitable, philanthropic stuff many learned about kobe post mortem? russ is just like that, maybe moreso. i could go on, but...

those who hate his inefficiency have a point.

i am 4 spots into five spot and six spot parlays. need utah to cover (looking good) to hit the 5er, utah to cover and memphis to win to hit the 6er. fingers crossed, could be a 4 figure$ slate...
hopped on Memphis tonight too. i have literally lost about 5-6 bets the past week and a half by either .5 points or 1 point.

By all accounts he is a first-rate human being. His game is polarizing and his emotions get the better of him on the court sometimes, so I think people get the wrong impression 

Last edited by a moderator:
posting my biggest parlay before action starts, prolly jinx myself, but it's house money... and been a lot of fun for weeks.

pels to win

celtics to win (meh, probably should have just avoided it)

spurs pisstons (over 216)

hornets bulls (over 210)

LA Dal (over 216)

hit play, drink beer, vape weed, have fun all alone

i will watch bucks sixers, which i completely avoided
really is a silly game. Let a home team rest for 2 nights, and the away team play last night and have to travel. then go ahead and make it your nationally televised game. just so dopey of whoever drew these schedules up

Users who are viewing this thread