What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (6 Viewers)

As far as the free throws go, Phoenix was 29th in the league in FT attempts per game, while the Lakers were 5th, even without Davis and Lebron for much of the year.  With those two, it stands to reason that the disparity would stand and even grow, especially since they have nobody at all to deal with Davis when he wants to play aggressively.  Add to that the previously referenced dirty tactics employed by Paul, and I think he's just a veteran whining in hopes of getting more calls in the next game.
yeah, you aren't wrong. it is funny because Sixers are close to the same. People complain because Embiid gets a bunch of free throws and people blame the refs. then you watch the game and see Embiid could probably have another 8-10 FTs, it is just refs can't call that many fouls.

yeah, you aren't wrong. it is funny because Sixers are close to the same. People complain because Embiid gets a bunch of free throws and people blame the refs. then you watch the game and see Embiid could probably have another 8-10 FTs, it is just refs can't call that many fouls.
Literally no one in this thread does this. 

Mark Eaton, a former two-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year for the Utah Jazz, died Friday night after apparently crashing his bike, the team announced Saturday.

He was 64.

That must have been some tall bike.
He lived here in the SLC area. He was an avid cyclist. Obviously had his bikes custom built. Lots stories about it over the past few years. 

Super great guy in the community. Owned a couple of high end restaurants in SLC. 

He was also a big music fan. I’d see him at concerts every now and then. Luckily I never had to stand behind him. 

Sad loss.

RIP. 

Luka and AD questionable tonight. 

I really like the chances for Jazz, Clippers or Mavs to come out of the west. I don't think the Lakers can stay healthy through the whole playoffs. To little rest from last year, too many injuries and not enough depth. 

modogg said:
Sorry @Capella:

https://twitter.com/ballislife/status/1398670093547102215?s=21

ron: "Anytime I hear Orlando right now I get PTSD."

Mav: "Orlando has no chance of free agency?"

LeBron: "They have no chance."

Mav: "What if you get traded to Orlando."

LeBron: "I'm not going. I'll just retire."
Oh I don’t care at all, the magic kinda lost me years ago. I follow the nba for the stories and shtick. I’ve got great teams in the other sports. Bron is right, nobody is trying to go there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
msudaisy26 said:
Literally no one in this thread does this. 
:lmao:  lol, you guys are so quick over-reacting to some posts. never thought anybody in here complained much about Embiid FTAs, was thinking of the CLNS guys iwatch on youtube who hate it

man, aggressive and involved Ben is fun to watch. Wizards came out looking very good, moving the ball and playing well on offense, and it doesn't seem to matter one bit. 

ETA: :lmao:  my bad Sixers, Wiz go on literal 5-0 run as soon a i wrote this

it's kind of crazy thinking how Bucks just finished their series today, before the Sixers-Wizards even started their Game 3. 

Jayrod said:
What?  Do you know how easy it is to score if you can just run and cut wherever you want?

A huge part of defense is beating the offensive player to the spot and maintaining a legal guarding position.  If you know where a guy wants to go, the best play is to get there first.  If the offensive player insists on going through you anyway, that is illegal and a foul.  That is exactly what happened on this play and will continue to happen in games at all levels.

I honestly have no idea what you are getting at here.  It is literally a foundational principal of the game.
He’s grasping at straws. You said it above, two NBA vets as announcers said the same thing. Acting like Durant didn’t roll right over him for a charge is crazy. I have no idea what those refs saw although I will say that it sure seemed like they called every touch on the Celtics at the end and Tatum had to get smashed to get a call.

He’s grasping at straws. You said it above, two NBA vets as announcers said the same thing. Acting like Durant didn’t roll right over him for a charge is crazy. I have no idea what those refs saw although I will say that it sure seemed like they called every touch on the Celtics at the end and Tatum had to get smashed to get a call.
The Nets down 8 under a minute without the ball. Lol

The Nets down 8 under a minute without the ball. Lol
Huh? I was talking about the charge overturn. I still have no idea how they decided to overturn it.

Also you have a couple things wrong. It was the Nets ball hence Smart playing D and it was a 7 point lead that would have been a 3 point lead had Durant made the 3 right after his free throw. Seeing as how Durant made a 3 20 seconds later the Nets could have been down 1 with 21 seconds left. It was a big overturn but Tye Nets didn’t add 2/3 more points due to the overturn.

Huh? I was talking about the charge overturn. I still have no idea how they decided to overturn it.

Also you have a couple things wrong. It was the Nets ball hence Smart playing D and it was a 7 point lead that would have been a 3 point lead had Durant made the 3 right after his free throw. Seeing as how Durant made a 3 20 seconds later the Nets could have been down 1 with 21 seconds left. It was a big overturn but Tye Nets didn’t add 2/3 more points due to the overturn.
She might be saying that the refs were trying to give the Nets a chance to win.

Maybe.

Seth Curry is the best Curry by far.....     :stirspot:

in seriousness, i hope he keeps it going. he looked so good before he got his Covid diagnosis and his injury, be happy for him if he recaptures some of that

They overturned it because the Nets were down 8 with under a minute to play and didn't have the ball until they overturned it. 

i have to admit, i do get a smile everytime Ish Smith can sink a basket. feels like a kid of mine all grown up

ETA: also glad Ben is getting all of his missed FTs out of the way this series. My man is playing chess while the rest are still playing Checkers. Good thinking Ben 😎

man, Brad Beal looks really, really bummed. i know he gets thrown in trade rumors with like 27 teams all the time, but you have to feel for him here

So Embiid definitely doesn't get enough love these days, and i think some of that has to do with his fun immaturity from his younger years. But i have never seen this before:

https://streamable.com/ygz9v9

I don't know how Bertans can show his face in the locker room after that

Trailing dude takes a pass from Morant and two steps.  But realizes he'd rather be closer for his three.  Two more steps to get near the line, then shoots and drains it.

They don't even really need to worry about it being called.

So I had to google 'Jack Harlow'

I do read books about submarines, so there's that.

Pretty impressive series from the Hawks so far. That 3rd quarter meltdown in game 2 is the only thing keeping this from being a straight up sweep.

Randle has had a terrible series so far.  But to me he’s had no help outside Rose who is too old.  Hawks have been able to somewhat freely double Randle whenever they want.  

Users who are viewing this thread