What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (9 Viewers)

I believe the pressure of 5 famous NBA players staring at you while you shoot free throws would affect SOME of the posters on this board.  Guess we don't agree on that, that's cool.
I DGAF what they are staring at, I'm not looking at them.  I find it hard to believe you played competitive basketball at all, let alone in college, as you claim.  

Is every 1st round series going to end 4-1 or go 7 games?

EDIT:  Forgot about the Bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I DGAF what they are staring at, I'm not looking at them.  I find it hard to believe you played competitive basketball at all, let alone in college, as you claim.  
I absolutely did, but I'm not here to measure ##### like you seem to be. 

I'm assuming a few people on this board never played though, and the ONLY claim I'm making is that not EVERY poster on this board could go 6 for 10.  Yikes.

@Instinctive I haven't seen much Mavs ball this season. Just based on this Clippers series, seems like there's a decent amount of work to do on that roster to give Doncic more support. I've been pretty astounded at how crummy Porzingis has looked. Is this just an anomalous 4 games for him?
He's looking worse than I think he has all year...but he hasn't looked good all year either for more than a game or two.

I like to play as a starter on a great team: Hardaway, Kleber

I like on the bench on a great team: Finney-Smith, Brunson, could maybe sell me on Powell

I like the idea of Josh Richardson and the idea of Porzingis, as a guard stopper who can shoot and a big man who protects the rim and can shoot, but neither has actualized the shooting or the defense enough this season to believe. Imagine this team with Myles Turner instead of Porzingis and Jrue Holiday or Middleton instead of Richardson. It would be the favorite in the West. Seriously. And those type of guys are attainable at salaries that would fit around Luka.

Knicks had no business in the playoffs. Completely outclassed by the Hawks. Having Julius Randle as your best player is a wonderful recipe for mediocrity. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Y'all might think I'm pulling for Dallas considering I predicted neither LA team would win a series this year, but this is heartbreaking. Where's the Clip team that showed up in Dallas? Just... meh.

Another Strawman.  I never claimed I'd win such a contest with Simmons.
What?  My ONLY argument was that SOME people in this thread might be affected by an NBA crowd, court, players, and NOT be able to hit 6 of 10 FT's in those situations.  Do you disagree?

Another Strawman.  I never claimed I'd win such a contest with Simmons.
But do you think you would? Ftr, I think I would. I set my HS's record with 88 in a row, 1980. A fund raiser, not in games. The annual free throw-a-thon. I wasn't good enough to play at a small college, Chico State. But coach wanted me to ride the pine. It was too much work and I just wanted to party. I shoot around in the backyard every day. I haven't practiced free throws in awhile but they're pretty easy. HS girls team I coached shot 68% from the line... Ben.

But do you think you would? Ftr, I think I would. I set my HS's record with 88 in a row, 1980. A fund raiser, not in games. The annual free throw-a-thon. I wasn't good enough to play at a small college, Chico State. But coach wanted me to ride the pine. It was too much work and I just wanted to party. I shoot around in the backyard every day. I haven't practiced free throws in awhile but they're pretty easy. HS girls team I coached shot 68% from the line... Ben.
I'd absolutely win a FT contest.  I was referring to the **** measuring.

Yep, not sure anyone in here said Ben is good at FT's.

Yeah, but he is better than a handful of people on a message board, the ones who never played, so he's got that going for him.

Congrats?
No, it's zero accomplishment being better than people on a message board.  But someone claimed every person on here was better.  I said he is bad, but still could beat some people on this board.  What exactly are you arguing against there?

the #### measuring was you bragging about your "playing/coaching career" and then acting pompous about it.
I never bragged about it.  You made assumptions on my skill level without even knowing anything about me.  I felt stating my bona fides was called for.

I know you think standing next to tall guys would affect your FT shooting and didn't even mention the most obvious extenuating factor.
I said it very quickly as one of the reasons I think some people in this thread (maybe myself included), might struggle to hit 60% from the line if they were thrown into a game.  Basically that I thought some people (not all, and maybe not you), wouldn't shoot as good as Ben.

No I don't think that's a compliment to Ben. He's bad at FT's and really needs to pick it up.

Let me overreact to the previous overreaction - after two games the Clippers looked dead.  Now, they may be the favorite to come out of the West.*

*Although now I will jinx them and they'll lose the next two and be eliminated.
I DID IT!

Unbelievable.  Maybe @Otis was right and the Knicks should stay away from Leonard.*

*No, Otis was still wrong - Knicks suck too  :bye:

Knicks bounced from the first round in 5, just like the ‘18-‘19 Nets. Now it’s time to get a couple stars with all that cap space — maybe a dynamic duo of [checks free agent list] DeMar DeRozan and John Collins?

I say this as someone who watches limited NBA so maybe this is a hot take or on point but man, Randle was not good in that series against the Hawks.  He looked unsure of himself, was easily frustrated and started being chippy the last 2 games.  Maybe he's angry at the rest of his team, no clue but what is the story here?  Wasn't he a stud during the regular season?

I say this as someone who watches limited NBA so maybe this is a hot take or on point but man, Randle was not good in that series against the Hawks.  He looked unsure of himself, was easily frustrated and started being chippy the last 2 games.  Maybe he's angry at the rest of his team, no clue but what is the story here?  Wasn't he a stud during the regular season?
Randle struggled big time in this series. He was very good during the regular season but that had a lot to do with him being the best player on a team devoid of serious talent - so the offense flowed through him. He's solid pro - but not a star.

The Knicks over-achieved this season by playing hard and outworking other teams on defense. It was a fun team to watch but like I said a few pages ago - winning this series would have been the ceiling for this team as currently construed. Julius Randle has to be, at best, the second best player on a contending team, but honestly probably a great No. 3.

Derrick Rose was the glue for this team, but just can't be a major contributor at this point - and I'm not sure anyone can expect a repeat performance from him in 2021/2022 season. A star PG would be the best thing to happen to the Knicks - maybe a pursuit of Dame Lillard would be the way to go if Portland is indeed looking to move on.

My biggest take away was jhow much more confident Obi Toppin looked in the playoffs. He was a very one dimensional player during the regular season but looked so much better this series. If he builds on that and 21 year old RJ Barrett takes another step, this team should be back in the playoffs next season - but will need to add a star in order to go further.

Users who are viewing this thread