What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (9 Viewers)

Dammit Mo, I was hoping you weren't gonna bring up the refs today lol.

Refs or not, we're getting smoked.  Put the bench in and come back Tuesday Pissed off.
This is totally true.  Sixers aren’t losing because of the refs.  That isn’t the point.  The point is that 95% of impartial fans (I have no skin in this game) can easily see that Trae Young pushed off.  It was either a no-call, a pushoff on Trae, or a defensive foul before the shot (before the what they showed repeatedly on replay).  What wasn’t it?  A shooting foul for Trae.  

He thinks the refs are out to get the 76ers. Always does. 
If anybody feels the refs are doing a fine job in this game I would think they should reconsider. 

but no Sixers have had way too many turnovers and letting up in transition. 

If anybody feels the refs are doing a fine job in this game I would think they should reconsider. 

but no Sixers have had way too many turnovers and letting up in transition. 
I wouldn't say it if it was the first time you brought the refs up. This is like the 100th time. 

I wouldn't say it if it was the first time you brought the refs up. This is like the 100th time. 
Well, in this case he’s right.  It was a horrible call.  And then on the other end of the court, Hawks defenders got a pass on more blatant contact two trips in a row.  That’s just bad officiating.  🤷‍♂️

This is totally true.  Sixers aren’t losing because of the refs.  That isn’t the point.  The point is that 95% of impartial fans (I have no skin in this game) can easily see that Trae Young pushed off.  It was either a no-call, a pushoff on Trae, or a defensive foul before the shot (before the what they showed repeatedly on replay).  What wasn’t it?  A shooting foul for Trae.  
Young created the contact, which isn't a foul, but he didn't push off.  Both players were moving and the defender, playing a lock and trail technique, never establishes legal guarding position.  Could have been a no call but no way an offensive.

Well, in this case he’s right.  It was a horrible call.  And then on the other end of the court, Hawks defenders got a pass on more blatant contact two trips in a row.  That’s just bad officiating.  🤷‍♂️
I think there have been a lot of bad calls both ways. I don't here complaining for the Hawks or saying the 76ers got away with one there. 

Howard navigates the court like that dude you play pickup with who is consistently doing his own thing, gambling on D and getting in the way when you have an open lane to the rim.

How can a veteran player look so lost out there?
I almost started laughing when after a made Hawks basket he stood under the goal as if he was going to receive the inbounds pass and bring the ball up the court. Clearly he just needs to run down the floor but for some reason he just hung out down there like he was going to run point guard. It was hilarious.

He even put his hands up like he was going to receive the pass from the inbounder.

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost started laughing when after a made Hawks basket he stood under the goal as if he was going to receive the inbounds pass and bring the ball up the court. Clearly he just needs to run down the floor but for some reason he just hung out down there like he was going to run point guard. It was hilarious.
I saw that too lol.  Reminded me of a video game haha

He even put his hands up like he was going to receive the pass from the inbounder.
Yep.  Amazing.   Dude is in his own world.

That's about it. Atlanta shot out of their minds from 3 this game. We'll see if they can keep that up the rest of the series. 
If they sustain that 3 point shooting the rest of the season, this will be a very quick series.

My hope is that they can't.  Would be surprised if they did.

Guy was on his own baseline heaves up a prayer and some how they give a clear path foul. Get out of here ref

Users who are viewing this thread