What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (5 Viewers)

Seems like every 2 days you apologize for getting carried away and that you'll stop the back and forth.  But like clockwork, 2 days later you can't help yourself.
Your comprehension and lack of self awareness is amazing. I am apologizing to everyone else for mucking up the thread responding to you, but this will be the last response to you. 

I am still going to make fun of Ben Simmons when he plays bad and goes 0 for a million on free throws, I will still joke about Giannis taking longer to shoot 1 free throw then Simmons does to practice shooting. I will still laugh when you guys blame the refs for only missed calls on your team and the fact you don't even understand  the rules. Good luck to you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Your comprehension and lack of self awareness is amazing. I am apologizing to everyone else for mucking up the thread responding to you, but this will be the last response to you. 

I am still going to make fun of Ben Simmons when he plays bad and goes 0 for a million on free throws, I will still joke about Giannis taking longer to shoot 1 free throw then Simmons does to practice shooting. I will still laugh when you guys blame the refs for only missed calls on your team and the fact you don't even understand  the rules. Good luck to you. 
This is your 4th time saying this in the last month.  You can't help yourself.

Is your position that it wasn’t a clear path foul?
In the emotion and heat of the moment I thought no way, it looked like Embiid swatted at the ball.  Upon review I can see it.  I also think there were more bad calls towards Philly this game than Atlanta... but we played so bad and Atlanta played so good, that we shouldn't have even been in the game even if the reffing was equal.  If you look at my history, I've almost always stuck up for the refs, and even challenged fellow Sixers fans who complained about calls. 

The difference between myself and some people like msudaisy and other anti-sixers people in here, is that I can admit when my team is bad.  I've never acted like we are better than we are, never bragged about a win, never predicted us to go farther than the average analyst has.  I can post when the Sixers do something bad.... those posters wouldn't be caught dead posting when the Sixers did something good and deserve praise.

what's it gonna take to get a steve ballmer camera; maybe something picture in picture especially when the clippers are on offense.

Probably the biggest win in 20 years for the Hawks (which is sad) but I didn’t get to watch - oldest daughter graduation party today.  Big win - hope they play this well the whole series.
Philly is the better team but Atlanta can pull this off. They choked big time under Philly’s intense defensive pressure but they ultimately pulled it off. Me and @Otis are pulling for you. We want to lose to the champs.

Probably the biggest win in 20 years for the Hawks (which is sad) but I didn’t get to watch - oldest daughter graduation party today.  Big win - hope they play this well the whole series.
considering Philly's home record for the last 4 years, Hawks came out with zero fear and shot lights out. I took Sixers in 6 games before the series, but yeah if they play that well again i don't know if any team can beat them. The way they shot in the 1st Q will be interesting if possible to do any more

Well, in this case he’s right.  It was a horrible call.  And then on the other end of the court, Hawks defenders got a pass on more blatant contact two trips in a row.  That’s just bad officiating.  🤷‍♂️
Welcome to the NBA. Bulls fans like myself got to watch Derrick Rose get mauled at the rim with no call followed by Lebron training over a bulls player at the other end get called for a block that should be a charge or get a foul for breathing on the guy. 

Worst was Nate Robinson getting mugged at the hoop the same game that Butler got two fouls called on him in the first 3 mins of a playoff game for breathing on Lebron James. 

Refs favor star players but The Sixers today had almost 15 more Fts that ATL had. 

Ben Simmon's FT shooting continues to be embarrassing for a player paid that much

If we're gonna talk about getting away with stuff Joel gets away with a ton of push offs constantly. Every player gets away with palming the ball and traveling too. AI got away with pushing off constantly too. People would hate if I reffed games. These players in general get away with so much today it's not even funny anymore 

NBA officials suck in general. 

The Sixers played like absolute garbage and didn't show up to start. Thats on the coaches 

I haven't seen an Atlanta organization put a beating on a WWE affiliate like that since Nitro was winning the ratings wars on Monday Night in the mid to late 90s. 

No idea what Doc was thinking having Green guard Young. That's coaching malpractice right there. 

Would have rather be blown out and embarrassed/pissed off than lose a game like this.
ehh maybe. They were down 26 going into the 2nd half. Pulling with-in 2 after playing kind of poorly from half the starters even in the 2nd half isn't too bad. 

just please for the love of all that is good, Doc please no more Green on Trae

My predictions:

• LAC over DAL in 7, DEN over POR in 7, PHX over LAL in 6.
  • PHI over ATL in 6, MIL over BKN in 7, PHX over DEN in 7, UTA over LAC in 6
  • MIL over PHI in 5, UTA over PHX in 6
  • MIL over UTA in 6
I thought Portland would win game 6, but was 3/3 on series winners here when they were all at 3-2.

I'm expecting some back and forth in this round, so no doubts yet after Bucks and Sixers lost their game 1's.

After PHI made baskets, Young would let the ball roll up the court, delaying the start of the shot clock while the game clock was running.  It allowed them to use over 40 seconds in a possession in one instance.
I've seen that before, but I didn't know the game clock would run.  That's amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread