Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos

Capella

9 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Hmmm maybe the Sixers should have traded for Chris Paul afterall.  

careful

because of the implication

• Laughing 1

7 hours ago, Jayrod said:

You can see him mentally struggling with it right up to the second free throw where he just hits the front of the rim.  Just zero confidence in that one going in.  He seems to be just conceding to himself and giving up on his shot.  It really isn't that his form looks bad, it seems to just be completely mental.

Somebody needs to make him fight through it (during the offseason) and just shoot so many shots that his arms almost fall off.  Build him up, working from 2 feet, then 3, 4, etc. until he is shooting 3's.  Do it every single day.  Start close until you hit like 5 in a row and then back up.  He needs to see the ball go in and believe it is going in and do it enough that it becomes second nature and the assumption is that every shot goes in.  Just like he can dribble and pass without worrying about it, he needs to shoot without thinking.

hopefully whomever helps him with his FT's does the same for Giannis

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trader jake said:

but a poor free throw percentage seems to draw the ire more than any other flaw 

it's basically the one thing anyone can see and say "wow, he sucks" because the entire game stops for it. all eyes and all focus are on those 10 (or 30 if you're Giannis) seconds where you a guy is standing alone, with no defender and no obstacle other than their own mind to stop them from free points.

someone might not make precise cuts, or their passes are off-center, or they don't take good angles pursuing on defense but those aren't as easy to spot as some tall guy who can't throw a ball in to a hole from 10 feet away when that's the entire purpose of the game.

my wife who only understands that basketball is played with a round orange ball can watch a game and only notices that guys aren't good at making free throws. she doesn't notice that Curry is automatic from the line, she only notices if someone misses on and says "even i could do that".

and also when guys miss in late situations it's just gutting. free throws! they're free! you make them because they're easy! 

it's like a kicker missing an extra point. kicking is freaking impossible, but guys are so good that when they miss fans throw ashtrays at their kids.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, facook said:

@msudaisy26  I heard today from some know-nothing media guy that McCollum is more likely than Dame to be traded from PDX, maybe to Boston.  I could live with that.  Any thoughts?

I always thought that. I don't think Dame is getting traded. I just think they should. 

• Like 1

Pretty wild what happens when you put your best perimeter defender, rather than your 3rd or 4th best one, on the opposing team's best offensive player.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, caustic said:

Pretty wild what happens when you put your best perimeter defender, rather than your 3rd or 4th best one, on the opposing team's best offensive player.

Doc does dumb things sometimes

1 minute ago, NutterButter said:

Can I pay google to not show that octopus advertisement anymore?

lol

Love the last line by the kid though

:cry:

2 minutes ago, Insein said:

Sloppy sloppy sloppy

yup. for as good as they looked in the 1st Q, they pretty much crapped it all away the first 5 minutes of the 2nd Q. have to keep the petal down. 

Embiid may send Capella to the 2nd level soon though

38 minutes ago, caustic said:

Trae played the whole 1st Q i believe and he had 4 pts. Ben certainly locks him down well

• Like 1

if Embiid could stay healthy and cared all the time he could be in the conversation for greatest big man of all time

i just don't know how you stop him from doing whatever he wants

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

if Embiid could stay healthy and cared all the time he could be in the conversation for greatest big man of all time

Dare I say some Olajuwon moves on the short jumpers?

2 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

He is such an impressive basketballer. I watch a lot of Towns, and although they put up similar numbers it looks so much more effortless for Embiid.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

oh c'mon refs, you guys were doing good for so much of this game.....

ETA: lol, it was legit to call, and thankful Foster takes time to review. Hawks playing rel physical with Embiid trying to get him off his game a bit

Edited by modogg

2 minutes ago, identikit said:

Dare I say some Olajuwon moves on the short jumpers?

he's so much thicker and just.... massive.. that it doesn't look quite as fluid, but there are definitely shades of it.

• Thanks 1

Fun fact 75% of this crowd was rooting for whatever team Lebron was on or the Warriors 4 yrs ago 

Just now, NutterButter said:

Man, Embiid playing with fire there.   Could have been an ejection.

He's lucky he's not with Scott Foster on the call tonight 

Gallinari is a d-bag. Sixers messing this game up though leaving these guys wide open to shoot un-opposed. They were dominating the game because they were playing tight D on them. They play loose, and they will get smoked if these guys catch fire like they are

• Capella changed the title to 2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos