What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (5 Viewers)

If Luke Kennard hits one more shot and they mention that the Pistons took him one pick before Mitchell again.   :hot:

Last edited by a moderator:
msudaisy26 said:
@SWC not basketball related, but I wasn't sure what thread to put this in where you would see it. 

Anyways our daughter is at the stage where she calls everyone bro over the past few months. So my husband started calling her bro dog, then bro hammer and today it was brochaco. Neither one of them could figure out why I laughed myself to tears (and then to the bathroom). 

So thanks for that. 
ask her if she wants some brotato chips and tell her brosiden is the king of the brocean take that to the bank brohan

This series just turned with Kyrie's ankle.

That game 3 finish was huge.  Bucks were already looking good this game before the injury, but if the Bucks finish this game and Kyrie and Harden both miss the next one, the Bucks should win this series.

The Bucks defense looks incredible right now.  Lopez is a brick wall in front of the rim.

If the Bucks can't win this series with kyrie injured and Harden missing majority of it, they really do need to consider blowing it up. They look great now with only Durrant playing (who looks like he is sullen after the Kyrie injury), but they won't get better opportunities then these 

This series just turned with Kyrie's ankle.

That game 3 finish was huge.  Bucks were already looking good this game before the injury, but if the Bucks finish this game and Kyrie and Harden both miss the next one, the Bucks should win this series.

The Bucks defense looks incredible right now.  Lopez is a brick wall in front of the rim.
Agree.  I think the bucks got this

I don't think Denver can pull this game out. They have played desperate and are starting to hit shots and they are still down. 

Rooting for them though. More playoff basketball is good. 

hmm, pretty interesting stat: i saw on reddit

Kawhi has not missed a shot in 4th quarter in all 5 games clippers won during playoffs

his averages are:

8.6 minutes

8.6 pts

fg% - 3.2/3.2 100%

3fg% - 0.8/0.8 100%

FT% 1.4/1.4 100%

Totals: 16/16 for overall field goal, 4/4 from three and 7/7 from free throw line.

total points scored: 43

hmm, pretty interesting stat: i saw on reddit

Kawhi has not missed a shot in 4th quarter in all 5 games clippers won during playoffs

his averages are:

8.6 minutes

8.6 pts

fg% - 3.2/3.2 100%

3fg% - 0.8/0.8 100%

FT% 1.4/1.4 100%

Totals: 16/16 for overall field goal, 4/4 from three and 7/7 from free throw line.

total points scored: 43
Best player in the league

I didn't get to watch the game but watching the replay there was no way that was worthy of an ejection on Joker, If you are going to say this was an F2, how? I mean you can punch a guy in the face and get an F2--this is a guy swiping at the ball out of frustration and caught the guy's nose (give him props for the soccer dive) Joker is one of the most easy going guys in the league.

Just BS 

if that was Lebron--that is MAYBE a foul......please let Jazz/Bucks final happen

I didn't get to watch the game but watching the replay there was no way that was worthy of an ejection on Joker, If you are going to say this was an F2, how? I mean you can punch a guy in the face and get an F2--this is a guy swiping at the ball out of frustration and caught the guy's nose (give him props for the soccer dive) Joker is one of the most easy going guys in the league.

Just BS 

if that was Lebron--that is MAYBE a foul......please let Jazz/Bucks final happen
I disagree. I love Jokic but that was a dangerous and frankly dirty play even though Jokic has been a clean player up to that point in his career. I watched it live and it wasn’t a basketball play. Jokic went to Payne with the intention of fouling the heck out of him. He unnecessarily wound up and even if he didn’t catch Payne in the face (which he clearly did) he also chopped Payne’s shoulder really bad. Even if the foul deserved a flagrant 1, his walking down and hostile reaction to Booker for calling him out on his action sealed the deal. You can’t make dangerous plays that risk the health of opposing players because of frustration over a no call. It was clumsy, it was dangerous, and he backed it up with his hostile action that easily could have elevated into a brawl.

the Kyrie injury is why that game 3 was so critical - Nets played awful but still could have stolen it.....up 3-0 they likely win 1 even with Harden/Kyrie out....now it is going to be an uphill climb....have a feeling they both will sit Tues but if the Nets lose they will both find a way to play in game 6 if facing elimination....doubt they will be very effective though.    

While KD's face looked like he knows ithe team is in trouble - this is where he could cement his status as one of the greats.....carry the team on your back for a game or 2 and just find a way to win the series....my respect for him would go through the roof and he would earn his status as one of the Nets legends.....Kidd carried a team of misfits to the Finals on his back....let's see if KD can do the same.  A rare chance to prove he doesnt need a super team to win.  

I disagree. I love Jokic but that was a dangerous and frankly dirty play even though Jokic has been a clean player up to that point in his career. I watched it live and it wasn’t a basketball play. Jokic went to Payne with the intention of fouling the heck out of him. He unnecessarily wound up and even if he didn’t catch Payne in the face (which he clearly did) he also chopped Payne’s shoulder really bad. Even if the foul deserved a flagrant 1, his walking down and hostile reaction to Booker for calling him out on his action sealed the deal. You can’t make dangerous plays that risk the health of opposing players because of frustration over a no call. It was clumsy, it was dangerous, and he backed it up with his hostile action that easily could have elevated into a brawl.
While I agree with the concept that strong physical plays like this should be penalized, I think a flagrant 2 was too harsh even if it was some random bench player in a mid-season game...much less the MVP in a close-out playoff game.

First of all, he was going after the ball.  It was forceful and out of frustration, but the ultimate goal was to knock the ball loose, which he actually did.  They let super strong contact go on guys trying to shoot layups all the time because it is deemed a "basketball play" but in reality it is simply to keep the player from having a chance at a 3-point play.  This seemed to be more of a punishment of the when and where (in the backcourt) than the how.

Secondly, there was no real risk of significant injury.  Worst case was a bloody nose or jammed finger.  It was an open hand slap with only arm strength (unlike a shove with body weight behind it), nor an attack on an airborne player.  As hard as you can slap someone the worst it will do is sting and bruise, but that's about it.  There was not real danger of significant injury unless he caught him on square the bridge of the nose or jab into the eyes.  He basically just grazed Payne's face with his forearm while the force of his hand struck the ball.

I've seen similar contact deemed common fouls, so the final call seemed really odd to me.

no plays, no stops, players judging their self-worth by the defense they dont HAVE to play, not to mention some pretty revolting personalities, i think i've been looking for a way tp quit this game again for a while. i did in 2009 - i think it was a LeBron thing that put me over the top but i dont remember - and it lasted til the Warriors brought in a new brand of ball and Brad Stevens was hired not long after i moved back to Celtics country, and i think the call - so stoopit that it almost had wokeness in it - on Jokic last nite is it for me, at least for the rest of this season. !!!

no plays, no stops, players judging their self-worth by the defense they dont HAVE to play, not to mention some pretty revolting personalities, i think i've been looking for a way tp quit this game again for a while. i did in 2009 - i think it was a LeBron thing that put me over the top but i dont remember - and it lasted til the Warriors brought in a new brand of ball and Brad Stevens was hired not long after i moved back to Celtics country, and i think the call - so stoopit that it almost had wokeness in it - on Jokic last nite is it for me, at least for the rest of this season. !!!
The Warriors brought me back to the game also.

I knew what the link was before I clicked on it. Heh

It was the soccer flop that sold the whole thing. I mean if that is an F2, then Joker should have just punched the guy square in the face and knocked him out since the punishment would have been the same. 

Being honest, i don't think anything would have changed the outcome of the series. Phoenix--specifically Paul, played amazing and they deserved to win. 

I don't know what Denver will do in the off-season. Like I said earlier in this thread, i really thought signing Gordon was going to be the final piece, but little did I know he is just a piece of (insert word). They need to let go of Milsap and that will save 10 mil. There just is a two--three year window here to make this happen. Murray is being paid like a top tier guy--he needs to bring it EVERY night  Sure he has 30 points one night, but it is followed by a 12 and then a 10 point night. You can't have that. It will interesting to see how he is after the recovery. 

Users who are viewing this thread