What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (6 Viewers)

Just stop. This is bad enough as is.
It is bad.   Absolute nightmare.  I just find it funny that in the Philly wins there was maybe 3 posts.  Philly loses and there's 3 pages.

No excuses, Philly collapsed and was awful.  We sucked.  Greatest basketball day of @msudaisy26's life.  She won't stay up for any other game or watch a Detroit game, but is probably having a big party tonight.

It is bad.   Absolute nightmare.  I just find it funny that in the Philly wins there was maybe 3 posts.  Philly loses and there's 3 pages.

No excuses, Philly collapsed and was awful.  We sucked.  Greatest basketball day of @msudaisy26's life.  She won't stay up for any other game or watch a Detroit game, but is probably having a big party tonight.
stopppppppppppppppppp whining

Should have traded Simmons and kept Jimmy Butler. 
Butler said on the Reddick podcast he wouldn't have resigned. He mentioned a specific moment where he was in a film room with Brown, Joel and Simmons and everyone was quiet not saying anything. I don't remember specifics what he said (Then again he may not have) but he said to Reddick that was a week after he got to Philly and decided right there he wasn't resigning and wanted to go elsewhere at the end. '

But yeah I've said for 3 yrs they have to trade Simmons 

Last edited by a moderator:
Both. 8 missed FTs for Ben. Doc AGAIN not adjusting when they hit a lull. When it got to 8, he should have done something to get it going. Korkmas, Milton,Maxey anything. He did nothing. 

And Tobias Harris is the invisible man. 

In general, I agree with your premise.  However, I disagree with Philly.  Embiid doesn't have 10 more seasons in that body and he and Simmons just don't make sense together in today's NBA.
Okay move Simmons. Don't blow it up. You don't get 10 year windows unless you are an all time great and even only a few of them get those runs (Lebron, Duncan, Russell) You get a 3 to 5 year window. Embiid should be fine for it. 

Butler said on the Reddick podcast he wouldn't have resigned. He mentioned a specific moment where he was in a film room with Brown, Joel and Simmons and everyone was quiet not saying anything. I don't remember specifics what he said (Then again he may not have) but he said to Reddick that was a week after he got to Philly and decided right there he wasn't resigning and wanted to go elsewhere at the end. 
He wouldn’t stay if Simmons and Brown stayed. They should have chosen Butler. 

just ran to the sports book and got the 6'ers to win at -115. there is almost zero chance they fold completely and lose this. if they do, let the Sixers move to Camden and let the fans sell all the merchandise back. 

lol, how is that a foul on Harris?
This is exactly why I said teams should be angling their seeding to face the Sixers. This is a really bad team. 

Ben Simmons shot 4/14 from the line and some of y’all wonder why we clown on him. Man took 4 field goal attempts. He sucks. 
I see a lot people on Social media who hated on Wentz but for some reason love Ben still. The dude needs to be traded. He's not gonna change and I think if Philly wants to have any chance at a title he needs to be traded and ride the talent of Embiid 

This is exactly why I said teams should be angling their seeding to face the Sixers. This is a really bad team. 
They're not though. That's the frustrating part. If they were mediocre overachievers this wouldn't hurt as bad. They are choking. They have a good team in Atlanta on the ropes twice and they blow it. 

Nah.  With all due respect to most of the Philly fans here, they aren't a fanbase worthy of pity. :P
I’m a transplanted Cowboys living in Philadelphia.  Philly fans annoy me.  I don’t really have a team I follow in basketball but I never looked so forward to listening to philly sports radio tomorrow morning 😂😂😂

As a newbie to this NBA but a fan of the game.....I think PHI needs to move on from Simmons  He's an elite defender.  He's an elite passer. He's a liability in the half court; and now that teams have no qualms about Hack a Ben....he's dunzo.  I'm not one of these OG "SHOOT 1000 SHOTS A DAY UNTIL YOU GET IT RIGHT" guys either.....he just doesn't seem to get it..or care to get it.

Your only hope is that the Hack a Ben embarrasses him enough (it should) to make him want to go to learn how to shoot....but I wouldn't bet on it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
He sucks compared to what people think he is. 
Who thinks he's top 10 in the league?  Not me, not modogg.  Still think he's top 30.

But yes, he was awful tonight and might never (probably will never) be a top 10 player in the league without shooting better. 

They're not though. That's the frustrating part. If they were mediocre overachievers this wouldn't hurt as bad. They are choking. They have a good team in Atlanta on the ropes twice and they blow it. 
I feel sorry for you having to deal with this. It’s been apparent this is a regular season team and not a pressure team. 

Who thinks he's top 10 in the league?  Not me, not modogg.  Still think he's top 30.

But yes, he was awful tonight and might never (probably will never) be a top 10 player in the league without shooting better. 
I feel like we’ve had conversations where people argued he’s an all-nba caliber player but it doesn’t matter now. The secret is out either way. 

trader jake said:
In general, I agree with your premise.  However, I disagree with Philly.  Embiid doesn't have 10 more seasons in that body and he and Simmons just don't make sense together in today's NBA.
i think this will come down to game 6. if Sixers come out flat and losing that, my guess is Morrey really makes some big changes. Not sure how you come back with not big changes after holding the #1 seed for most of the season, and just utterly collapsing to a team like the Hawks. Embiid should be destroying Capella in the paint like he does when they are up. So many issues...

Maybe Doc retires after this one too if they lose game 6. utterly disgusting  :sadbanana:

i have no desire to see game 6 myself, so maybe the Sixers team doesn't even bother showing up. Postgame comments will be interesting, won't be surprised if Curry demands a trade off this team

Leeroy Jenkins said:
He wouldn’t stay if Simmons and Brown stayed. They should have chosen Butler. 
Probably but I think it was the overall premiss of the team 

Butler specifically mentioned a lack of leadership plaguing his tenure in Philadelphia:

"Hell yeah, it was difficult. It was so different, and on any given day, me as a person, as a player, I didn't know who the f--k was in charge. I think that was my biggest thing. I didn't know what the f--k to expect whenever I would go into the gym, whenever I'd go into the plane, whenever I'd go into the game. I was like: 'Man.' I think I was as lost as the next motherf--ker."

"We're all sitting in there, and nothing got accomplished, at all. So I was like, and I told you this as we walked out: 'JJ, why would I ever go back in there again? Nothing's getting accomplished. Nobody's saying nothing to anybody and we're just sitting in here watching film, and you can literally hear the thing just clicking, and we're all just looking around.'

"But you gotta think, now, I may have been two, three weeks there tops. So, you know what, I'm sitting back and I'm watching. I ain't saying nothing, because don't nobody know me like that. ... So I'm sitting back and I'm relaxing, I'm like: 'These motherf--kers think I'm an assh--e anyways, let me be quiet.' So I'm sitting back and I'm hearing the click, click, looking around, click, click. 'Alright guys, let's go practice.' Why did we just go through this? That's literally what was going on in my head.

Then he also mentioned how the team wanted to control him. Not sure what he meant by that but he said that wasn't gonna happen. I think there was much more then Brown/Simmons saying though. But the point I was making is I don't think he was ever going back anyway no matter what changes they made. From the podcast and just the tone he said it, it didn't sound like this was a guy who was gonna have his mind changed 

Capella said:
I feel like we’ve had conversations where people argued he’s an all-nba caliber player but it doesn’t matter now. The secret is out either way. 
I argued years ago he could be an MVP. And he could have been but he has no interest in putting in the work needed to become one. I'm done with him.

Capella said:
I don't remember this but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that that convo happened. But I'm maybe the biggest Ben fan here... and for the record, I have never thought, and don't think, Ben is All-NBA. 

Probably but I think it was the overall premiss of the team 

Butler specifically mentioned a lack of leadership plaguing his tenure in Philadelphia:

"Hell yeah, it was difficult. It was so different, and on any given day, me as a person, as a player, I didn't know who the f--k was in charge. I think that was my biggest thing. I didn't know what the f--k to expect whenever I would go into the gym, whenever I'd go into the plane, whenever I'd go into the game. I was like: 'Man.' I think I was as lost as the next motherf--ker."

"We're all sitting in there, and nothing got accomplished, at all. So I was like, and I told you this as we walked out: 'JJ, why would I ever go back in there again? Nothing's getting accomplished. Nobody's saying nothing to anybody and we're just sitting in here watching film, and you can literally hear the thing just clicking, and we're all just looking around.'

"But you gotta think, now, I may have been two, three weeks there tops. So, you know what, I'm sitting back and I'm watching. I ain't saying nothing, because don't nobody know me like that. ... So I'm sitting back and I'm relaxing, I'm like: 'These motherf--kers think I'm an assh--e anyways, let me be quiet.' So I'm sitting back and I'm hearing the click, click, looking around, click, click. 'Alright guys, let's go practice.' Why did we just go through this? That's literally what was going on in my head.

Then he also mentioned how the team wanted to control him. Not sure what he meant by that but he said that wasn't gonna happen. I think there was much more then Brown/Simmons saying though. But the point I was making is I don't think he was ever going back anyway no matter what changes they made. From the podcast and just the tone he said it, it didn't sound like this was a guy who was gonna have his mind changed 
Ahhh look who arrived on cue. 

I don't remember this but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that that convo happened. But I'm maybe the biggest Ben fan here... and for the record, I have never thought, and don't think, Ben is All-NBA. 
It sucks. I’ve rooted for some very frustrating players and teams before. 

I argued years ago he could be an MVP. And he could have been but he has no interest in putting in the work needed to become one. I'm done with him.
I'm not convinced it's his work ethic. I'm convinced he just sucks at shooting. 

Insein said:
I see what Clips and Celtics fans were talking about now. Doc rivers can't ####### coach under pressure.
I think I may have said something Doc Rivers hiring isn't gonna change much. I don't remember exactly what I posted at the time but I think it was more of along the lines Instead of just 2nd round exit it'll be a 2nd round exit where the team just chokes now or something similar. Rivers is a coach who has coached a ton of talented teams and should have more then 1 title to his name already but his teams constantly choke when the pressure is on. 

It sucks. I’ve rooted for some very frustrating players and teams before. 
But what are you gonna do?  You cheer for a team when they suck and ppl make fun of your team. You cheer for a team when they're good and ppl make fun of your team. Not gonna give up cheering for my team just because they win/lose. 

Deamon said:

I know you hate me mentioning it but a ton of people on social media think the dude is elite. At least the Ben Apologists at this point. My favorite is the "he doesn't need to shoot to be great." comments 

But what are you gonna do?  You cheer for a team when they suck and ppl make fun of your team. You cheer for a team when they're good and ppl make fun of your team. Not gonna give up cheering for my team just because they win/lose. 
No doubt. Part of what makes the winning feel so great. 

Users who are viewing this thread