What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (15 Viewers)

If you're a Sixers fan who wants Ben Simmons gone, you are probably hoping the team gets eliminated tonight with the cherry on top of being blown out hopefully forces the major changes needed to help Embiid win something. 
and that would literally be the worst idea the team could make. Trade Ben at his lowest value would be one of the dumbest ideas Sixers could do. If Morrey gets a great deal then sure, but NBA fans may be the worst of all of the major sports

I have no idea why they don't feed it to Embiid against Capella and get him in foul trouble. Embiid shooting from the outside 5+ times in the first quarter equals Atlanta closing this out. 

and that would literally be the worst idea the team could make. Trade Ben at his lowest value would be one of the dumbest ideas Sixers could do. If Morrey gets a great deal then sure, but NBA fans may be the worst of all of the major sports
His Value is getting lower by the year. They should've dealt him last year. This is the issue the Sixers have continuous through the years no matter who is there. They did the same with AI when his value was at an all time low all because they wanted to keep butts in seats. 

DJackson10 said:
His Value is getting lower by the year. They should've dealt him last year. This is the issue the Sixers have continuous through the years no matter who is there. They did the same with AI when his value was at an all time low all because they wanted to keep butts in seats. 
he was runner up for Defensive player of the year. i know ESPN and the NBA media love to say he is the worst player ever, but something makes me think he hasn't loss value every year

he was runner up for Defensive player of the year. i know ESPN and the NBA media love to say he is the worst player ever, but something makes me think he hasn't loss value every year
Thats all and good but I don't see teams trading a lot for a guy whos a liability at end of games and refuses to put in the hardworking to get better and seems un-coachable at times. 

i am amazed how Trae can push off half the time and he never gets called for it. props to him for getting away with it, but i just don't know how he doesn't get called

When will he be a free agent?
4 yrs from now in 2025 so cap hits of 

21-22 $33M 

22-23 $35M

23-24 $37M

24-25 $40M 

So you are looking to get a guy who in 4 yrs his cap hits goes up $7M after 4 yrs. If you end up getting the guy many thought 76ers were getting in the draft and he develops it's gonna be a lot more you owe him. If he's not and just above avg thats a lot of money to pay a guy plus whatever you paid to Philly to take him. I could see some team getting desperate and overtrading for him though. 

i have no idea what to think of this game. the way they have blown those huge leads the last 2 games, i have no idea if it is better for the game to be close right now, or the Sixers to be down

i'm trying to be objective with this, but the absolute excitement in all of these ESPN announcers when the Hawks do anything is just disturbing. Maybe it is the underdog thing or something, just seems weird

If the NBA was ever serious about Flopping they'd T up guys who do it. After 3 Ts for flopping you get suspended for 5 games. Next infract is 15. The next is Half a season. Your 4th and you're done for a year. Or something like that. I mean the games can be disputed on suspension wise but I'd also implement fines for every flop and the fine amount goes up the more infractions you hit. Repeat offenders would be fined more. 

i'm trying to be objective with this, but the absolute excitement in all of these ESPN announcers when the Hawks do anything is just disturbing. Maybe it is the underdog thing or something, just seems weird
Dude, you sound like my 75 year old mother who calls me 5 minutes in to any game Georgia Tech plays in:

"These announcers don't like us - why are we not getting any calls??"

I say the same thing to her each time:  "Mom, you're nuts."

Dude, you sound like my 75 year old mother who calls me 5 minutes in to any game Georgia Tech plays in:

"These announcers don't like us - why are we not getting any calls??"

I say the same thing to her each time:  "Mom, you're nuts."
lol, might be right.  would have been happier if they gave some love to Maxxey and his nice play, or Thybulle and his impressive defensive. But yeah laughing at the halftime show now so fine tuning all of it out

Users who are viewing this thread