What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (8 Viewers)

so if you are Doc and the Sixers, do you opt to tank the first half and not build a big lead since it seems to not work as well for them?
If I'm Doc I probably start Maxey over Simmons and have Simmons play the 2nd Unit. Late in the game if you have a lead or up 10 in the 4th QTR with 5 to go ya yank him to not play Hack a Ben. 

man, not a lot of interest in this Clippers-Jazz game, or is everyone just content with how it is going and keeping quiet? Lol, maybe the Sixers' fan in here are a bit verbose, but the thread would be at like page 12 if no Sixers' fans

ETA: i forgot the reason i was originally going to post anything. Glad the Jazz have come out and taken control, if they lost this series i have no idea where that franchise would have gone. hard to keep running it back, especially if they lost to a Kawhi-less Clippers

Last edited by a moderator:
Clippers have made 800 shots in a row. 
i know Trae is getting a lot of love, but i think people need to be thinking about Terrance Mann and his next contract. He was drafted in '19 if i am remembering correctly, so he will likely warrant the max. I am guessing by that time Kawhi and George may not be taking up the lion share of the salary cap, so Mann likely stays with Clippers.

i know Trae is getting a lot of love, but i think people need to be thinking about Terrance Mann and his next contract. He was drafted in '19 if i am remembering correctly, so he will likely warrant the max. I am guessing by that time Kawhi and George may not be taking up the lion share of the salary cap, so Mann likely stays with Clippers.
No way Mann gets a max. That would be the worst contract of all-time. And that's saying a lot. 

I’m so happy for Terrance Mann. I can’t even tell you. That guy was so great in college, awesome player for Leonard Hamilton, hustled, great D, attacked the rim. Couldn’t believe nobody was taking him earlier than they did. 

Why are two teams that are playing better than anyone, getting so little respect?  Utah and Pheonix are like +850 and +2400 to win it all.  Phoenix was +3200 a couple of weeks ago, which I went for.  Does everyone just assume LeBron and company are going to win again?  
Feeling pretty good about my positions.  

I’m so happy for Terrance Mann. I can’t even tell you. That guy was so great in college, awesome player for Leonard Hamilton, hustled, great D, attacked the rim. Couldn’t believe nobody was taking him earlier than they did. 
The fans on Reddit were pushing for Mann to get more minutes ago season long. It paid off big time. So happy for him.

As a Suns fan, was really hoping we would get the Jazz, but if kawhi is out, could have broke the right way for us.

I wanted no part of playoff Kawhi.

Wow.  Had bets on jazz but gotta give props to some scrub like Mann taking over a huge game.  Will likely be the biggest moment of his career.  Good for him.

Gobert plus/minus at -24

Quinn getting destroyed by social media and espn

Maybe take him out if he can't defend small ball?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you give the Jazz defense and coaching any responsibility here?
Yes, but gotta give credit to a team making 75% of thees in the 2nd half.  Even open that’s insane.  Especially when a lot of it was from a bench player like Mann.

the clips scored 81 points in the 2nd half.

of course bad defense but even better offense by clips.

Yes, but gotta give credit to a team making 75% of thees in the 2nd half.  Even open that’s insane.  Especially when a lot of it was from a bench player like Mann.

the clips scored 81 points in the 2nd half.

of course bad defense but even better offense by clips.
Tim Legler did a nice breakdown on sports center how the Clippers made Gobert such a liability out there in the 2nd half. They used his “rim protection” against him by driving to the paint, drawing him in, then kicking it out to the man he was guarding for an uncontested three. Time after time with no adjustment by the Jazz. They hit a crazy amount of shots, but they were all totally wide open. 

Sixers are an unlikeable team but people saying to trade Simmons? Is he better suited as a number 3 player? Sure, but what are they going to get for him in a trade - he is a max player, is uncoachable, and from all accounts does not have the desire to put work in. But even with that he is a fantastic defender and playmaker. And guess what, they are in all likelihood going to the East finals and have just as good a shot of winning it all as the remaining 3 teams.

Sixers are an unlikeable team but people saying to trade Simmons? Is he better suited as a number 3 player? Sure, but what are they going to get for him in a trade - he is a max player, is uncoachable, and from all accounts does not have the desire to put work in. But even with that he is a fantastic defender and playmaker. And guess what, they are in all likelihood going to the East finals and have just as good a shot of winning it all as the remaining 3 teams.
I've only really seen the 76er playoff games, but I really don't see a 'fantastic' playmaker.

I see a guy who rarely wants to take the shot (many times so obvious) and passes the ball to an open teammate.

Chris Paul is a fantastic playmaker.

Trae Hunter is that  also.

I haven't seen that from Simmons on any regular basis.

Users who are viewing this thread