Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos

Capella

3 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Durant needs to show he is durable to be the best player in the league, IMO.  Hard to call someone the best player when he has played in 35 of the last 144 regular season games.  Part of being great and being the best is staying healthy and playing almost every game.  That is why I can never put Kawhi Leonard in the best player conversation; he takes way too many games off. 

I'm not saying he deserves to be MVP or anything, just talking about what my eyes saw this series.

Regardless of how I feel about it, I would expect load management and days off to continue to increase. All the injuries to start lately guarantees it.

Just now, Desert_Power said:

I'm not saying he deserves to be MVP or anything, just talking about what my eyes saw this series.

Regardless of how I feel about it, I would expect load management and days off to continue to increase. All the injuries to start lately guarantees it.

Agreed.  With LeBron getting older and a little past his prime now, I don't think we can really say he is the best player anymore (after he was for a good 10+ years), and when healthy, I absolutely agree that Durant looks like the best one right now.  He just needs to stay healthy and on the court. That was my only point. :shrug: 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, need2know said:

Nets would have been better off keeping their bench and not trading for harden

As much as I love Caris Levert and Jarrett Allen, I totally disagree with this. Levert is far more valuable on-ball than off, so he was relegated to a super sub role in Brooklyn. And I doubt Allen would’ve gotten more playoff minutes than Claxton, another defense-first big who provides no offensive spacing. Harden is a fantastic fit who, when playing with two legs, gives that offense a gear it didn’t have before. We started to see it in the Boston series and it was awesome.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gruecd said:

Which begs the next question, how can you NOT be in shape when money isn’t an object and you have access to world class nutritionists, trainers, personal chefs, etc.?

You remember that graphic from a few years ago where it documented Harden's stat lines in various cities around the NBA vs the ratings of that cities "adult entertainment"?  That's how.  He's enjoying his wealth and fame (partially) at the expense of his NBA body.  I don't begrudge him for living his life how he wants to but it's also a main reason why he won't go down as an all-timer and hasn't won a title yet.  His game is well-suited to be effective as a role player as he ages though, so he'll have plenty of more cracks at that elusive ring if he wants it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Feeling Suns/Sixers right now.

Same for me...

Wouldn't mind the Hawks winning though

Edited by identikit

13 hours ago, Chaos Commish said:

A 20 year old MLB story isn't very representative of the last decade of LA NBA. I'm fully aware of the reputation, and it's hard to negotiate downtown traffic at quittin' time for games, but both Clips and Laker games are usually very loud for the player introductions. Dodgers? No idea. Never cared for baseball. 

It's pretty representative of SoCal in general.  LA NBA fans getting loud for intros is a rarity.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Nothing like a conference finals12:30 local start for 2 teams in the West in 5000 degree heat.

pfft, it takes hours to cook a pizza at these temps

• Laughing 1

2 hours ago, Chaos Commish said:

And it's just warming up for Philly night. 

No lie and hate doing this but it gets worse. I was on Facebook and made a comment on the Triple H thing from Last round. Based on knowing people in WWE I was told they weren't letting anyone do public appearances do to covid restrictions. I posted something similar on the comment section. Well Triple H showed up and my contacts were shocked to an extent but then said "well he does what he wants and that really POs some of the talent told they can't do X but then he gets to do Y." Either way the one guy in the comment section keeps harassing me every time the 76ers win now. (Was awfully quiet after those two collapses).

Anyway I saw I had some notifications on my messenger (Most were about a record player I've been trying to sell and FB Mess has the whole notification thing screwed up). I find a message from this same clown actually 2 (one from when Triple H rang the bell and other from Fri night), and the dude is now making violent threats to me. Seriously how pathetic and insecure does someone have to be to continue to harass people for a sports disagreement? I said "thanks buddy for the message I just took screen shots and texted my buddy in the PPD and another who works at my local police department. Expect a visit from your local police department if you continue this."

I told him I was trying to have a friendly trash talk exchange but apparently he's not mature enough for one and maybe he should take a break from the internet for awhile. Literally this is the most bandwagon, most sensitive fanbase in this city and I'm honestly glad I don't root for this team. Props to all the cool Sixers fans, especially a few in here and my friends who can have a friendly back and fourth but there are a ton who apparently can't handle a civil sports debate without crossing a line. I don't mess around with things like that. 

1 hour ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Nothing like a conference finals12:30 local start for 2 teams in the West in 5000 degree heat.

Sounds fun 

• Laughing 1

7 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

No lie and hate doing this but it gets worse. I was on Facebook and made a comment on the Triple H thing from Last round. Based on knowing people in WWE I was told they weren't letting anyone do public appearances do to covid restrictions. I posted something similar on the comment section. Well Triple H showed up and my contacts were shocked to an extent but then said "well he does what he wants and that really POs some of the talent told they can't do X but then he gets to do Y." Either way the one guy in the comment section keeps harassing me every time the 76ers win now. (Was awfully quiet after those two collapses).

Anyway I saw I had some notifications on my messenger (Most were about a record player I've been trying to sell and FB Mess has the whole notification thing screwed up). I find a message from this same clown actually 2 (one from when Triple H rang the bell and other from Fri night), and the dude is now making violent threats to me. Seriously how pathetic and insecure does someone have to be to continue to harass people for a sports disagreement? I said "thanks buddy for the message I just took screen shots and texted my buddy in the PPD and another who works at my local police department. Expect a visit from your local police department if you continue this."

I told him I was trying to have a friendly trash talk exchange but apparently he's not mature enough for one and maybe he should take a break from the internet for awhile. Literally this is the most bandwagon, most sensitive fanbase in this city and I'm honestly glad I don't root for this team. Props to all the cool Sixers fans, especially a few in here and my friends who can have a friendly back and fourth but there are a ton who apparently can't handle a civil sports debate without crossing a line. I don't mess around with things like that. 

Ummm

Yeah...

• Like 2

Just now, identikit said:

Ummm

Yeah...

Yep not a good look at all. I'm all for friendly back and fourths. My Friends and I and even my cousins rib each other constantly. It's no different then the ribbing we do my one buddy who a Penguins fan. Some people obviously get brave when behind a computer. The dude looks like your typical sunglass wearing jock with the sunglasses on profile pic ready to give ya a hot take on the local news comment section. 

took a break from watching Euro matches i had on DVR to watch this Clippers v Suns game

talk about a shocking change from watching 45 minutes of consecutive game action, to 2 minutes, commercial. 15 seconds. foul. 1 minute, commercial. 30 seconds, foul.

oof

• Like 1

Too close for comfort but solid win w/o CP3. 

Book was awesome. I'm stunned about the career turnaround with Campaign after his stints with OKC and Chicago. He's not someone I'd want as my franchise PG but he's probably created himself a few more years in the league as a backup PG.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Too close for comfort but solid win w/o CP3. 

Book was awesome. I'm stunned about the career turnaround with Campaign after his stints with OKC and Chicago. He's not someone I'd want as my franchise PG but he's probably created himself a few more years in the league as a backup PG.

There's talk of the Suns letting go of CP3 and starting Payne.   Suns have cap issues.

2 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

There's talk of the Suns letting go of CP3 and starting Payne.   Suns have cap issues.

It’s a player option, right? I don’t think Paul in opting out of $44 million.  And a contract at that size can be challenging to move.

1 minute ago, Juxtatarot said:

It’s a player option, right? I don’t think Paul in opting out of $44 million.  And a contract at that size can be challenging to move.

A lot up in the air, you can move big contracts if the player is valued and perhaps give extra assets.  

It's going to be tricky for the Suns to keep this core.

• Like 1

they really don't like showing any of the foul calls on Trae Young do they. I am listening to the rdaion play by play, and they made it sound like Trae threw his legs out and simply feel off the jump, and they just don't want to show any of the replays with the fouls called for him

whew, Kevin Huerter will be getting paid soon. Guy makes around 2.7 million this year, and 4.2 million next year before free agency. he certainly seems like the kind of guy who needs to be the 3rd or 4th option, but he certainly seems dependable 

• Capella changed the title to 2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos