Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos

Capella

12 minutes ago, modogg said:

it was sarcastic, throwing a can is dopey

Hard to detect Sarcasm on here sometimes. I was just making sure 

• Like 1

Just now, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Maybe if Lillard wants to force his way out of Portland?

Good lucky getting him without putting Thybule and Maxey in there. Ben and picks alone wouldn't get it done

33 minutes ago, Insein said:

Dude. No. It was a dunk. He's scared

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1406799004990464004?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1406799004990464004|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fphiladelphia-76ers

ehh, yeah it looks little worse then i thought. i thought Thybulle was closer then i thought to the basket and had a clear path to the basket. 

• Like 2

On 6/6/2021 at 12:57 PM, Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub said:

Easy money even w/o Hunter. 

CLANK!!

Enjoy rest of your weekend my friends.

:goodposting: 

Probably a sweep if Hunter played. 

Enjoy rest of your weekend friends. :heart: 

Enjoy your offseason to others. :heart: 

It might be a losing season for some. But it's ALWAYS winning season when betting against the 76ers :thumbup:

:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

Edited by Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub

13 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

Sixers fans are more hipster doofuses.....  they're not the Ogres that Eagles fans are.  At worst, someone might throw a solo cup of IPA.

In 3 yrs most of those people there will be rooting for whatever team Lebron is on in the finals or whatever the hipster team to root for is. 

4 minutes ago, whoknew said:

It would be stunning if they brought him back. Philadelphia fans would kill him. 

But what is his trade value? The next four years, his salary is $33mm, $35mm, $38mm, $40mm. After watching what we just did, who is going to want to trade for that?

Presti will do it if they sweeten the deal with a 1st.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, modogg said:

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1406799004990464004?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1406799004990464004|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fphiladelphia-76ers

ehh, yeah it looks little worse then i thought. i thought Thybulle was closer then i thought to the basket and had a clear path to the basket. 

@need2knowRivers stinks apparently 

10 minutes ago, need2know said:

Don't care what we get for him.  Get that bum off the team

If they can get anything for him I'd be shocked 

• Like 1

Marc Stein @TheSteinLine

Sixers coach Doc Rivers was asked postgame if Ben Simmons can be the point guard on a championship team. "I don't know the answer to that right now," Rivers said.

9:56 PM · Jun 20, 2021

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1

9 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

God bless the 76ers for winning G6 on the road just so they could come home and make Philly fans suffer through a G7 home loss. :lol: 

Honestly it's the philly way here. Give false hope then rip the hearts out in the end 

the best part of this thread is that portland will trade lillard for simmons that is the type of hot takery that deserves awards take that to the bank brohans

• Laughing 2

12 minutes ago, modogg said:

Look at Seth Curry's reaction.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JetMaxx said:

What overreaction are you referring to?

Blowing up the team, firing a first year coach, not getting anything for Simmons. Just a few. 

24 minutes ago, modogg said:

it is insane, but it will be hard to bring him back. But the media and dopey local sports media will probably kill the value Morrey could get back because they are dopes and have been for decades. 

it is literally the worst time to trade Ben, but the dopey local media and others don't understand nor care and are going to force Morrey's hand.

NBA Gms don't base their value on local sports talk radio. His value is what it is.

If I'm the Sixers this is what I do. In the next few days I'm Josh Harris I get Elton Brand, Doc Rivers and the shooting coach in the room (even better get Seth Curry in there), get Ben Simmons and his agent all together in one room. Harris and the Org lays down the law. Ben you either get your butt in the gym this offseason or we are trading you and we don't carer who it's too at this point. You've become too much of a liablity to us. So unless you can show you can put in the work you are being traded. if we can't find a good trade we'll keep ya on the team for the time being but you aren't starting unless you show us a reason to start ya. End of convo.

Lay down the law and don't have the player or agent dictate anything. Time for Ben to put on the Big Boy pants and stop playing victim  

18 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

That was probably a decent game for neutrals - I think the biggest lead anybody has was 7 which was the spread at the end 

tons of fun to watch

• Like 1

Feel bad for Simmons. He just totally lost his confidence. Played scared last two games (at least). 

Gotta figure Morey thought Simmons would be better with Doc and they at least wanted to give that a chance for a season, but Simmons responds to nobody it seems and now his value is at an all time low. Sucks. 

Going to get garbage for him but for a player forcing his way out of a situation. 

• Like 1

Here’s something I want to see:

PG: Kemba Walker
SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
SF: Cade Cunningham
PF: Aleksej Pokusevski
C:: Ben Simmons

Don’t know how much they’d win but this would be must-watch basketball. I’m very invested in this idea now. Do it Presti!

Edited by caustic
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Just now, Insein said:

NBA Gms don't base their value on local sports talk radio. His value is what it is.

way to hard to look objectively at this point, but the 5 minute stretch to start the second half, that allowed the Sixers to go on the 9-2 run or whatever, should show that Ben is not a worthless trade chip. runner up to DPOY, with legit film showing he can shut down most players out there, his value should be worth something. 

but who knows, it is pretty much impossible to think the team chooses to "run it back"

Big question for Morrey is does he give Embiid that contract extension that will be up around 50 million a year near the end of the contract

1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

If I'm the Sixers this is what I do. In the next few days I'm Josh Harris I get Elton Brand, Doc Rivers and the shooting coach in the room (even better get Seth Curry in there), get Ben Simmons and his agent all together in one room. Harris and the Org lays down the law. Ben you either get your butt in the gym this offseason or we are trading you and we don't carer who it's too at this point. You've become too much of a liablity to us. So unless you can show you can put in the work you are being traded. if we can't find a good trade we'll keep ya on the team for the time being but you aren't starting unless you show us a reason to start ya. End of convo.

Lay down the law and don't have the player or agent dictate anything. Time for Ben to put on the Big Boy pants and stop playing victim  

he got $150 mil coming his way for showing up. he can dropkick his foul shots and aint nuttin nobody can do about it.

that said, if i'm Sam Presti, i'm on the phone tomorrow 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Insein said:

What do you think that value is though? Legitimately curious.

Trying to think of trades off the top of my head that would work.  Simmons for Porzingis is close in salary, but doesn't really make sense for either team.  Maybe get a third team involved...

Somebody give me some realistic trade scenarios.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Blowing up the team, firing a first year coach, not getting anything for Simmons. Just a few. 

Doc should be fired. He's living off his one title for yrs now. He's completely overrated in the playoffs. He's now 98-94 in the post season as a coach. Before this year he was two game under .500 in the playoffs. 

Simmons really doesn't have much value. Who wants an uncoachable malcontent who needs to be babied and a liability offensively to a team? 

1 minute ago, caustic said:

Don’t know how much they’d win but this would be must-watch basketball. I’m very invested in this idea now. Do it Presti!

wOw - great minds....

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, identikit said:

Even Doc shook his head on Simmons' non-dunk effort.

Charles Barkley ripped him a new one. I hope Ben wasn't watching he might cry. 

6 minutes ago, SWC said:

the best part of this thread is that portland will trade lillard for simmons that is the type of hot takery that deserves awards take that to the bank brohans

But it is time to fire up the trade machine.  

If Jrue and our Bucks can’t blanket Trae, we have problems.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Feel bad for Simmons. He just totally lost his confidence. Played scared last two games (at least). 

Gotta figure Morey thought Simmons would be better with Doc and they at least wanted to give that a chance for a season, but Simmons responds to nobody it seems and now his value is at an all time low. Sucks. 

Going to get garbage for him but for a player forcing his way out of a situation. 

really think they don't pull a trade, with giving Doc and Cassell a full off-season to see what they have. Not sure what the advantage is to trade Ben now, and the Sixers fans and local media need to get off his ### for the start of next season so at the very least he can help his trade value for a beter trade by Morrey before the deadline

2 minutes ago, modogg said:

way to hard to look objectively at this point, but the 5 minute stretch to start the second half, that allowed the Sixers to go on the 9-2 run or whatever, should show that Ben is not a worthless trade chip. runner up to DPOY, with legit film showing he can shut down most players out there, his value should be worth something. 

but who knows, it is pretty much impossible to think the team chooses to "run it back"

Big question for Morrey is does he give Embiid that contract extension that will be up around 50 million a year near the end of the contract

Maybe if there are safety nets for the Sixers like this last one. I can't remember the details but the team put in parameters that allowed them to get out of that deal if Joel wasn't healthy or lived up to it. 

1 minute ago, modogg said:

really think they don't pull a trade, with giving Doc and Cassell a full off-season to see what they have. Not sure what the advantage is to trade Ben now, and the Sixers fans and local media need to get off his ### for the start of next season so at the very least he can help his trade value for a beter trade by Morrey before the deadline

Simmons can’t play in philly again. Mentally he isn’t able to come back here.  He won’t get better as a sixer at this point - he is too weak. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Doc should be fired. He's living off his one title for yrs now. He's completely overrated in the playoffs. He's now 98-94 in the post season as a coach. Before this year he was two game under .500 in the playoffs. 

Simmons really doesn't have much value. Who wants an uncoachable malcontent who needs to be babied and a liability offensively to a team? 

as @caustic said and i been harping on for a while now, a team that wants to try him @ center

• Like 1

Process Over? :cry:

Someone will trade for Simmons. I've never thought you could win a title with a ball-dominant PG that can't shoot FT's. Finally came to pass where he finally got benched for it when it mattered.

Good on Doc for that. He's had 25 years to learn how to shoot a basketball. He has no confidence to lose...

It'll be until this contract is over before he'll ever be appreciated for anything he does well because his flaw is so overwhelming and the most important skill in basketball.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

5 minutes ago, caustic said:

holy moly that would be fun. with all of the future draft picks added as well, that could be a fun team to start rooting for since i am about to burn all my Sixers stuff

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Not going to go round by round, but you are wrong. Philly should judge Doc on this year. Simmons has value, all coaches think they can fix a player and he is still a top 50 player. 

• Like 1

But he's elite.......

Ben Simmons 4th quarter this series:

Game 1: 2-2 FG

Game 2: 0-0 FG

Game 3: 1-1 FG

Game 4: 0-0 FG

Game 5: 0-0 FG

Game 6: 0-0 FG

Game 7: 0-0 FG

• Laughing 1

Just now, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Where is Mike D’Antoni rumored to go to next?

i think youre about to see a LOT of white coaching legends on the beaches of many Americas this winter

• Capella changed the title to 2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos