What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (8 Viewers)

But he's elite.......

Ben Simmons 4th quarter this series:

Game 1: 2-2 FG

Game 2: 0-0 FG

Game 3: 1-1 FG

Game 4: 0-0 FG

Game 5: 0-0 FG

Game 6: 0-0 FG

Game 7: 0-0 FG
Good god...even understanding that scoring isn't what he adds as a player, that's unacceptable for what they pay him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simmons can’t play in philly again. Mentally he isn’t able to come back here.  He won’t get better as a sixer at this point - he is too weak. 
See this actually makes sense with Simmons. I don't think this narrative made sense with Carson but it does for Ben. He's shot confidence wise. Ben for his sake and the team cannot BE ON THE 76ERS next season. If he is it's gonna be a circus 

What do you think that value is though? Legitimately curious.

Trying to think of trades off the top of my head that would work.  Simmons for Porzingis is close in salary, but doesn't really make sense for either team.  Maybe get a third team involved...

Somebody give me some realistic trade scenarios.
That's the thing. Some GMs will value a regular season Star because it means some viability which will mean more income. Simmons is a triple double machine on a bad team.  Morey knows how to sell that. It will be a package of Ben plus stuff but he'll get something usable in return.

Uh oh here comes Ben with the mean mean media. Don't make him cry guys 
man, people really can't cut this guy any slack for having a mental block/mental health issue can they?

it is like the anti-Fultz approach to this. My bet, Ben gets traded to a team with a good coaching staff who have time to work with him and not in a pressure cooker like a team at the doorstep of the finals, and Ben will be a top 20 player soon. Check his videos from summer league: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI4VON2S740

not sure if that one has the jumpshots, but he was shooting all the time in the summer league. Once he gets past this mental hurdle, and there isn't a reason to think he won't, he will be top player in the league for years

Feel bad for Simmons. He just totally lost his confidence. Played scared last two games (at least). 

Gotta figure Morey thought Simmons would be better with Doc and they at least wanted to give that a chance for a season, but Simmons responds to nobody it seems and now his value is at an all time low. Sucks. 

Going to get garbage for him but for a player forcing his way out of a situation. 
They’ll get something more than decent for him.  He has value.  I mean something with the Pels makes a ton of sense for Ingram and/or Ball in a SnT.  I’m sure there are other options like that as well.  

Orlando dumped all its salary......

And gained picks, right?

Ben and Markelle back together again? 🤔 I'd like to comment about their shooting....but at least Markelle has shown progress :lol:  

They’ll get something more than decent for him.  He has value.  I mean something with the Pels makes a ton of sense for Ingram and/or Ball in a SnT.  I’m sure there are other options like that as well.  
My understanding is that a lack of spacing is one reason why Zion is unhappy in New Orleans. I think he might personally murder David Griffin if they trade for Simmons.

Like it was already said I'd be scared if I was in the FO of NO for my safety. Zion might murder them. 

man, people really can't cut this guy any slack for having a mental block/mental health issue can they?

it is like the anti-Fultz approach to this. My bet, Ben gets traded to a team with a good coaching staff who have time to work with him and not in a pressure cooker like a team at the doorstep of the finals, and Ben will be a top 20 player soon. Check his videos from summer league: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI4VON2S740

not sure if that one has the jumpshots, but he was shooting all the time in the summer league. Once he gets past this mental hurdle, and there isn't a reason to think he won't, he will be top player in the league for years
Wat?

Mo that was 5 years ago my man. And every year since it's been once he develops his jump shot he's going to be a top X player in the league.  And year after year not only has he not developed it, which would be a major problem in and of itself, he still won't even shoot it at all.

My understanding is that a lack of spacing is one reason why Zion is unhappy in New Orleans. I think he might personally murder David Griffin if they trade for Simmons.
The Pels spacing problems are because they play an Australian stiff and a third hand ex-FeartheDeer PG who can’t shoot with neither providing the requisite defensive help.  Zion+Simmons and 3 shooters would have the same upside as Philly which is a gamble some GM will take (or throw your favorite #1 star in place of Zion).  There are a bunch of teams where a game 7 second round playoff exit would be a vast improvement. 

Wat?

Mo that was 5 years ago my man. And every year since it's been once he develops his jump shot he's going to be a top X player in the league.  And year after year not only has he not developed it, which would be a major problem in and of itself, he still won't even shoot it at all.
yeah, it was more that he has some ability and was shooting the jumpshots like a normal player. So i think where he has gone so wrong is something mental, it isn't like he isn't practicing and putting work in. 

i've been saying for awhile now it will be great if the Sixers can win this championship, but really what i wanted the most this year was a full off-season with Ben and this new coaching staff to work on his game. and see where we are by the fall

:lmao:

Rich Hofmann @rich_hofmann

Joel Embiid: "I'll be honest. I thought the turning point was when we — I don't know how to say it — is when we had an open shot and we made one free throw..."

10:31 PM · Jun 20, 2021
Dam Friendly fire right there I thought they were friends? 

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
yeah, it was more that he has some ability and was shooting the jumpshots like a normal player. So i think where he has gone so wrong is something mental, it isn't like he isn't practicing and putting work in. 

i've been saying for awhile now it will be great if the Sixers can win this championship, but really what i wanted the most this year was a full off-season with Ben and this new coaching staff to work on his game. and see where we are by the fall
Yeah at this point that might be the worst thing for everyone at this point. Ben needs a change of scenery big time now 

There are a lot of really good, even great, regular season players who become liabilities in the playoffs. You just saw it with 3-time DPOY Rudy Gobert. An outstanding player and a pillar of the team night after night. Got destroyed in teh wrong matchup with the right coaching. In the right/wrong matchup you'd see it with Trae Young, who could be hunted on screens and brutalized by bigger guards (Jrue, hi!) . It just so happens that Ben Simmons shortcomings are going to be a liability in the playoffs against EVERYONE. 

:lmao:

Rich Hofmann @rich_hofmann

Joel Embiid: "I'll be honest. I thought the turning point was when we — I don't know how to say it — is when we had an open shot and we made one free throw..."

10:31 PM · Jun 20, 2021
Jo's done with him. 

There are a lot of really good, even great, regular season players who become liabilities in the playoffs. You just saw it with 3-time DPOY Rudy Gobert. An outstanding player and a pillar of the team night after night. Got destroyed in teh wrong matchup with the right coaching. In the right/wrong matchup you'd see it with Trae Young, who could be hunted on screens and brutalized by bigger guards (Jrue, hi!) . It just so happens that Ben Simmons shortcomings are going to be a liability in the playoffs against EVERYONE. 
maybe, but you really can't ignore what Trae shot tonight. 5-23, and a 2-3 of those were when Ben wasn't on him. I know offensively Ben was pretty bad, but you really can't ignore those numbers. 

However, they aren't going to win a championship either. so who knows

I'm not ignoring any of the good things he does. 
i can't remember the numbers off the top of my head, but there were line-ups last year with Horford at the Center and Ben running the offense, and i remember they had like a 110 offensive rating or something considerably good. It may always come back to the idea that Ben and Joel were never perfect fits for each other, but i think considerations about the other 3 players out there at the same time. If they ever made that Lowery trade, would this series have been the Sixers in 5 games, and we would not have had any of this talk we have had over the past week and a half?

i can't remember the numbers off the top of my head, but there were line-ups last year with Horford at the Center and Ben running the offense, and i remember they had like a 110 offensive rating or something considerably good. It may always come back to the idea that Ben and Joel were never perfect fits for each other, but i think considerations about the other 3 players out there at the same time. If they ever made that Lowery trade, would this series have been the Sixers in 5 games, and we would not have had any of this talk we have had over the past week and a half?
No, because his weak points are easily exploitable in the playoffs. 

No, because his weak points are easily exploitable in the playoffs. 
ehh we will see. Having Ben play the post and Lowery at the point would have made a difference. the Sixers had one of the top overall ratings with their starting 5. 

need to also factor in Tobias Harris was close to a 50-40-90 guy in the regular season, and shot way, way worse then that, particulary this series. 

I should have bet out of some of my future Sixers bets when the Sixers lost that Wizards game when Embiid went down. you could see how the others couldn't step up reliably. 

ehh we will see. Having Ben play the post and Lowery at the point would have made a difference. the Sixers had one of the top overall ratings with their starting 5. 

need to also factor in Tobias Harris was close to a 50-40-90 guy in the regular season, and shot way, way worse then that, particulary this series. 

I should have bet out of some of my future Sixers bets when the Sixers lost that Wizards game when Embiid went down. you could see how the others couldn't step up reliably. 
Only one set of numbers that matter.

well i give up
i would be open to a trade of Ben to the T-Wolves for Edwards and a bunch of picks

ETA: i get it though, there is no defending Ben anymore. think we can have a normal conversation about it in a few days after all of the Steven A Smith's abd all the talking heads stop yelling to me how much Ben sucks. after the noise is gone i am guessing a normal conversation can occur.

it is just a pain when all national media, and the local media who are even worse, have complete tunnel vision that all of the Sixers' faults are all on Ben 

maybe, but you really can't ignore what Trae shot tonight. 5-23, and a 2-3 of those were when Ben wasn't on him. I know offensively Ben was pretty bad, but you really can't ignore those numbers. 

However, they aren't going to win a championship either. so who knows
you cant guard the shooter at the end of the game when it really matters when you are sitting on the  bench take that to the bank brohans

Users who are viewing this thread