Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos

Capella

1 minute ago, Harry Frogfish said:

That's a blanket statement and untrue.  There are shredded ACL's where you get up and it buckles on you.  Definitely not all the same.  I also don't get the walking being a BAD sign, at all.

Yes I guess it depends on the severity.  I've just seen a lot of ACL tears and seen people walk totally fine on them without a limp and then the doc tells them it's torn.

Time will tell.  I hope I'm wrong though.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Yes I guess it depends on the severity.  I've just seen a lot of ACL tears and seen people walk totally fine on them without a limp and then the doc tells them it's torn.

Time will tell.  I hope I'm wrong though.

I remember Edgerrian James doing that several years ago when he was in his prime. i kept on saying he was fine because he walked off the field without a limp. Yeah, I didn't work out well.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Hermit said:

I remember Edgerrian James doing that several years ago when he was in his prime. i kept on saying he was fine because he walked off the field without a limp. Yeah, I didn't work out well.

I remember that too.

Many rbs in the NFL have walked well after ACLs as I recall.

28 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Being able to walk on it is actually a BAD sign.  You can easily walk on a torn acl and often without a limp.   More so than if it's hyperextended or bruised which would cause you to limp even more.

I think it's an ACL.

humans to animals here, but my dog recently tore her right rear CCL and she absolutely cannot walk on it "easily" or "without a limp".

she put no pressure on it whenever possible for about 6 weeks and still gingerly sets it down. when she walks her gait is noticeably affected.

some people are able to function on a torn ACL but i'd hardly say "easily".  one of my friends tore his tossing garbage and he thought he'd tough it out. but the knee kept caving in and he just couldn't tolerate the pain. so.. i dunno about "easily". 

i've heard stories of NFL linemen doing it, but it may be slightly easier with knee braces, Toradol, HGH and whatever else they're plugged full of to ignore it.

running, jumping and landing would seem to be somewhat problematic with a torn ACL.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

humans to animals here, but my dog recently tore her right rear CCL and she absolutely cannot walk on it "easily" or "without a limp".

she put no pressure on it whenever possible for about 6 weeks and still gingerly sets it down. when she walks her gait is noticeably affected.

some people are able to function on a torn ACL but i'd hardly say "easily".  one of my friends tore his tossing garbage and he thought he'd tough it out. but the knee kept caving in and he just couldn't tolerate the pain. so.. i dunno about "easily". 

i've heard stories of NFL linemen doing it, but it may be slightly easier with knee braces, Toradol, HGH and whatever else they're plugged full of to ignore it.

running, jumping and landing would seem to be somewhat problematic with a torn ACL.

Yes it's more the side to side movements.  Getting jumped on for the "easily" word so I'll rephrase.  In many many cases, having a torn ACL doesn't affect your ability to walk straight as much as a hyper-extension or even a bruise.  Everyone is different, but the ability to walk straight without a limp can often mean the tendon has just completely ruptured.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Harry Frogfish said:

No way dude.  To anyone that follows it, this year's team will stick out regardless.  Even the non-fans that look at a list will go, wait a minute, what happened that year?

I guarantee it won't.

I remember when I tore my ACL in '97 I played soccer on it for a month before I got it checked and fixed. I would run and play a half and if I stepped wrong it would buckle, cause an intense amount of pain, but I'd be fine and it would feel fine after about a half an hour. 

Finally got it fixed. 

• Like 1

Not sure how many of you basketball nerds are also soccer nerds but the way Giannis' knee buckled was eerily similar to the injury to the Ukrainian player had in the Euro match yesterday.  Granted, his was directly cause by a dude's cleats in to his leg but both were ugly to view.

16 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

can your dog suit up for the bucks

• Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1

16 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

hmm, i had my dog tear both her ACLs on her hind legs and that was when we had to get her surgery. She tore her first one 1-2 months before that. We only got one ACL repaired and she has been fine since that with the other one still torn. can't jump as high, but definitely shows it can be different for some

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Three things:

1. The human body is a remarkable thing

2. Everyone's body is different and reacts differently to injuries

3.  None of you people have any idea what you are talking about

i'll disagree with you on point 1

my body is a ####### disaster

• Laughing 5

3 minutes ago, Capella said:

can your dog suit up for the bucks

she can dribble with either front paw and control the paint with her size and tenacity

2 minutes ago, modogg said:

hmm, i had my dog tear both her ACLs on her hind legs and that was when we had to get her surgery. She tore her first one 1-2 months before that. We only got one ACL repaired and she has been fine since that with the other one still torn. can't jump as high, but definitely shows it can be different for some

dogs are the wurst

• Laughing 2

2 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

she can dribble with either front paw and control the paint with her size and tenacity

How are her free throws?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desert_Power said:

Reminds me about how it felt the times Marcus Lattimore's knee got blown out. Ruined the chances at a title and the second time you just knew it was going to be over...

I don't think it is over for Giannis, but not sure the Bucks are going to get a better crack at it than this was.

Giannis can always win a title later on by joining a superteam.

• Sad 1

To change the subject, Simmons and Rusillo did a draft of which duo on each team would you want, just for next year, not counting salaries or anything. It went until each team had someone chosen. Results:

1. Lebron & AD

2. Durant & Harden

3. Curry & Klay

4. Giannis & Middleton

5. Kawhi & PG

6. Jokic & Murray

7. CP3 & Booker

8. Tatum & Jaylen Brown

9. Luka & Porzingis

10. Embiid & Simmons

11. Dame & CJ

12. Butler & Bam

13. Zion & Ingram

14. Trae & Collins

15. Mitchell & Gobert

16. Vuc & Lavine

17. Sabonis & Brogdon

18. Ayton & Bridges

19. Morant & Brooks

20. Towns & Edwards (should be #16 IMO)

21. Westbrook & Beal

22. Fox & Haliburton

23. LaMelo & Hayward

24. Randle & Barrett

25. Siakam & Van Vleet (Lowry ineligible as a pick due to FA)

26. Kyrie & Joe Harris

27. Garland & Jarrett Allen

28. SGA & Kemba

29. Wall & Wood

30. Grant & Hayes

31. Isaac & Cole Anthony

32. Jrue & Lopez

33. Draymond & Wiseman

34. Murray & Keldon Johnson

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Think of your ACL as a rubber band.  Rubber bands can still work well enough with slight tears, right?  It's the degree of the tear that really matters.  When some athletes seem to be fine or play through it -- like "Superman" Tiger Woods in 08 -- those weren't severe tears imo.  No way he does that with a shredded ACL (even though he LOVES for the world to think as much).

But people tend to group all ACL tears as the same or similar, when they simply aren't.

I'm totally guessing that this one isn't season-ending because it wasn't lateral is all.  However Draftkings won't let me speculate as such.  The series line is down until more comes out of The Valley.  Oh wait, I mean MLK, sorry, the ones in blue.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

To change the subject, Simmons and Rusillo did a draft of which duo on each team would you want, just for next year, not counting salaries or anything. It went until each team had someone chosen. Results:

1. Lebron & AD

2. Durant & Harden

3. Curry & Klay

4. Giannis & Middleton

5. Kawhi & PG

6. Jokic & Murray

7. CP3 & Booker

8. Tatum & Jaylen Brown

9. Luka & Porzingis

10. Embiid & Simmons

11. Dame & CJ

12. Butler & Bam

13. Zion & Ingram

14. Trae & Collins

15. Mitchell & Gobert

16. Vuc & Lavine

17. Sabonis & Brogdon

18. Ayton & Bridges

19. Morant & Brooks

21. Westbrook & Beal

22. Fox & Haliburton

23. LaMelo & Hayward

24. Randle & Barrett

26. Kyrie & Joe Harris

28. SGA & Kemba

29. Wall & Wood

30. Grant & Hayes

31. Isaac & Cole Anthony

32. Jrue & Lopez

33. Draymond & Wiseman

Devin Booker is missing??

48 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

7. CP3 & Booker

18. Ayton & Bridges

Not sure why you wouldn't take Booker/Ayton first and I think #7 is too high for Paul/Booker.  I would have had them down around the #15 range just due to Paul's physical decline at this stage of his career.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gruecd said:

First if was Aaron Rodgers's calf in 2016 (and now his bruised lady parts).  Then it was Yelich busting his kneecap when Brewers were contending in 2019.  And now Giannis.

Next I fully expect a rash of injuries to a few of the Brewers' lights-out pitchers.  

We're seriously cursed as Wisconsin sports fans.  What the actual eff.

I’d gladly take WI sports history over Atlanta’s. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Frostillicus said:

1. Lebron & AD

2. Durant & Harden

3. Curry & Klay

4. Giannis & Middleton

5. Kawhi & PG

6. Jokic & Murray

7. CP3 & Booker

8. Tatum & Jaylen Brown

9. Luka & Porzingis

10. Embiid & Simmons

11. Dame & CJ

12. Butler & Bam

13. Zion & Ingram

14. Trae & Collins

15. Mitchell & Gobert

16. Vuc & Lavine

17. Sabonis & Brogdon

18. Ayton & Bridges

19. Morant & Brooks

21. Westbrook & Beal

22. Fox & Haliburton

23. LaMelo & Hayward

24. Randle & Barrett

26. Kyrie & Joe Harris

28. SGA & Kemba

29. Wall & Wood

30. Grant & Hayes

31. Isaac & Cole Anthony

32. Jrue & Lopez

33. Draymond & Wiseman

Total crap. Cade and Grant for the Piatona are top 10. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Total crap. Cade and Grant for the Piatona are top 10. 

Italian League team?

Edited by identikit

On 6/29/2021 at 12:10 AM, metoo said:

Now imagine a world where you fought against racism. Nothing I hate more than when the majority calls out the minority and they haven't done any work. If you had done any work, this wouldn't bother you.

Go work on yourself.

Robert Horry says Phil Jackson isn't racist.

Horry later reiterated, “And I don’t think Phil is racist. I really don’t."

Horry, on the other hand, said he’s giving Pippen a “pass” for his remarks. 

“I’m not going to judge the man, because right now, he might not be in a good place mentally,” Horry said, noting the loss of Pippen’s 33-year-old son Antron, who died in April.

link

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ChiefD said:

I remember when I tore my ACL in '97 I played soccer on it for a month before I got it checked and fixed. I would run and play a half and if I stepped wrong it would buckle, cause an intense amount of pain, but I'd be fine and it would feel fine after about a half an hour. 

Finally got it fixed. 

Same for me

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

“I’m not going to judge the man, because right now, he might not be in a good place mentally,” Horry said, noting the loss of Pippen’s 33-year-old son Antron, who died in April.

link

Didn't realize Pippen lost a son recently, that colors things a bit differently IMO.

1 minute ago, dickey moe said:

Better than Simmons. 

That was a given. Better and quicker than Giannis at the line?

15 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

link

i am a huge Pippen fan, but one of his reasons for Phil being racist was he drew up a game winning play for Kukoc instead of him. Phil, you monster!!! 

• Laughing 1

40 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

link

when DP asked Pippen about his new booze line he responded in a way that made it seem like he's deep, deep in the bottle.

it was kind of sad and revealing in a way i don't think he intended.

1 hour ago, Jayrod said:

Not sure why you wouldn't take Booker/Ayton first and I think #7 is too high for Paul/Booker.  I would have had them down around the #15 range just due to Paul's physical decline at this stage of his career.

CP3 even now is substantially better than Ayton. 

• Laughing 1

2 hours ago, Frostillicus said:

1. Lebron & AD

2. Durant & Harden

3. Curry & Klay

4. Giannis & Middleton

5. Kawhi & PG

6. Jokic & Murray

7. CP3 & Booker

8. Tatum & Jaylen Brown

9. Luka & Porzingis

10. Embiid & Simmons

11. Dame & CJ

12. Butler & Bam

13. Zion & Ingram

14. Trae & Collins

15. Mitchell & Gobert

16. Vuc & Lavine

17. Sabonis & Brogdon

18. Ayton & Bridges

19. Morant & Brooks

21. Westbrook & Beal

22. Fox & Haliburton

23. LaMelo & Hayward

24. Randle & Barrett

26. Kyrie & Joe Harris

28. SGA & Kemba

29. Wall & Wood

30. Grant & Hayes

31. Isaac & Cole Anthony

32. Jrue & Lopez

33. Draymond & Wiseman

I'm sure it's just an oversight on my part but where is Red Rocket Velvet & Okungwu?

Just now, Gilroy34 said:

I don't want to push my luck!

I couldn't get in on the IPO but I did buy on the first dip and sold for +7% in 15 minutes.  Thanks for the quick cash.  I'll look to re-enter after the enthusiasm wears off next week.

@gruecd You may want to hire this guy.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

20 minutes ago, thecatch said:

CP3 even now is substantially better than Ayton. 

He was this season, but the gap isn't that great and is closing quickly.  Ayton is playing consistently good to great basketball these playoffs and CP3 has been both great and bad.  Plus Paul missed a couple of games and had to play hurt for a couple.  Chris Paul the basketball mind is light years ahead of Ayton, but Chris Paul the athlete is on a steep decline.  As Ayton's acumen and IQ increase and Paul's physical abilities and health decrease, Ayton will pass him up sooner rather than later.

I'd be very surprised if 37 yr old CP3 outplays Ayton next season.

Pretty much the best case scenario!

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

There is no structural damage to Giannis Antetokounmpo's left knee after his awkward landing last night in Atlanta; ligaments are sound, sources tell @ZachLowe_NBA and me. Timetable to return is unclear.

3:12 PM · Jun 30, 2021

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 8

Just now, caustic said:

Pretty much the best case scenario!

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

There is no structural damage to Giannis Antetokounmpo's left knee after his awkward landing last night in Atlanta; ligaments are sound, sources tell @ZachLowe_NBA and me. Timetable to return is unclear.

3:12 PM · Jun 30, 2021

:confetti:

Dr. Jayrod's online medical diagnosis practice is now open for business.

Edited by Jayrod
  • Like 5
  • Laughing 3

2 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

He was this season, but the gap isn't that great and is closing quickly.  Ayton is playing consistently good to great basketball these playoffs and CP3 has been both great and bad.  Plus Paul missed a couple of games and had to play hurt for a couple.  Chris Paul the basketball mind is light years ahead of Ayton, but Chris Paul the athlete is on a steep decline.  As Ayton's acumen and IQ increase and Paul's physical abilities and health decrease, Ayton will pass him up sooner rather than later.

I'd be very surprised if 37 yr old CP3 outplays Ayton next season.

Paul was second team all NBA this year. The gap is bigger than you are giving it credit for.  

• Like 1

• Capella changed the title to 2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos