What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (5 Viewers)

Pretty much the best case scenario!

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

There is no structural damage to Giannis Antetokounmpo's left knee after his awkward landing last night in Atlanta; ligaments are sound, sources tell @ZachLowe_NBA and me. Timetable to return is unclear.

3:12 PM · Jun 30, 2021
TB12 pliability is real

I'd be surprised if he's back this series. Maybe if they push a game 7
I’d be surprised if he’s back at all this season, even if they somehow win this series and make the Finals. Bucks owe this dude a quarter billion dollars. There’s no way they’re not playing it safe.

I’d be surprised if he’s back at all this season, even if they somehow win this series and make the Finals. Bucks owe this dude a quarter billion dollars. There’s no way they’re not playing it safe.
I hear you but if there’s no further risk of injury and it’s just about pain management I don’t see any reason to hold him back. This is likely the best chance they’ll get with Giannis to win one, gotta go for it 

But you pay him the money to deliver championships and it is not every year the team gets this close.  I have 10,000 reason to want Atlanta,   but I doubt he or the team plays it safe.  

Think of your ACL as a rubber band.  Rubber bands can still work well enough with slight tears, right?  It's the degree of the tear that really matters.  When some athletes seem to be fine or play through it -- like "Superman" Tiger Woods in 08 -- those weren't severe tears imo.  No way he does that with a shredded ACL (even though he LOVES for the world to think as much).

But people tend to group all ACL tears as the same or similar, when they simply aren't.

I'm totally guessing that this one isn't season-ending because it wasn't lateral is all.  However Draftkings won't let me speculate as such.  The series line is down until more comes out of The Valley.  Oh wait, I mean MLK, sorry, the ones in blue.
Ha!  Too bad DKNG wouldn't put up a line.  Will still hit it when they do, he's coming back.

50% down before tomorrow's game.  The other half if he doesn't play tomorrow and they go back to ATL down 3-2.  He would at least play by Saturday, imo, unless of course they win tomorrow without him.  In which case, for sure he's in there game 7.   :popcorn:  

Great push by the Clippers before the last few minutes, but they look like a team that may not have any more rabbits to pull from their hat.  An epic shooting quarter may be their only hope to get this series to a game 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point this is just soccer without goalies.
The NBA has a major problem with player reactions at this point.  The league needs to get serious about addressing it or they'll face real backlash soon.  Nobody enjoys watching some of the best athletes on the planet act like spoiled brats almost every trip down the court.

It may require drastic measures like players can't talk to the officials during live action, only the captain and head coach can make their case during dead balls, or even technicals/suspensions for 'unbecoming behavior' or repeated flopping on the court.  It's gotten to that point IMO.

Guy with what many considered the most untradeable contract in the league at the time leads his team to the finals :excited:  Not bad for 36.

Things so good Jaden Jalen Smith (whatever the guy's name we passed on Haliburton for) even scored his first 2 points of the season I think :lol:  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread