Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos


Capella

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SWC said:

brandon jennings is in the parade lol hell yeah the innovator of bucks in 6 love it take that to the bank bromigos 

Did Middleton get to stay for it? Or is he off to Tokyo?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Should be a nice flight to Japan - Booker with his two close friends Jrue and Kash$

 

i wonder if booker will flop when he walks by them in the aisle take that to the bank brohans 

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, strykerpks said:

Agreed. But the Middleton shot up 4 with about a minute left was the dagger. So tough. No one thought that was going in.

tough shot and felt like the back breaker they needed. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Capella said:

Did Middleton get to stay for it? Or is he off to Tokyo?

Milwaukee radio guys said the flight to Tokyo is Friday

private plane. Booker, Middleton and Holiday (plus whoever else, but they aren't flying commercial). 

19 hours. 

that's gonna either be brutal for Booker or they'll get over it quickly and be best friends at the end.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HE DROPPED A 50 BURGER TO WIN IT ALL.

And I was there to see it! I doubt I'll ever experience a better moment as a sports fan. Congrats to all my fellow Bucks fans. Those of us who remained die-hards through the crushing close calls in the 80's, the dark years in the 90's, the oh so close "Light it Up" teams of the early 2000's, and the constant rebuilding that began when they traded Ray - WE DESERVE THIS!

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I got my free Taco Bell NBA Finals taco yesterday

Today I got a text from Taco Bell to get a free NBA Finals taco today also

You can bet I took that And 1 to the bank brohans

 

      :headbang:

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

What is the trade value of Kamba Walker? Little more than expirings?

we had to pay to get rid of him. nice guy, too nice, but that knee will be balky forever, apparently, and it turns out that, even healthy, he was a perfect Charlotte Hornet. he'll help you get the 11th pick every year. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

HE DROPPED A 50 BURGER TO WIN IT ALL.

And I was there to see it! I doubt I'll ever experience a better moment as a sports fan. Congrats to all my fellow Bucks fans. Those of us who remained die-hards through the crushing close calls in the 80's, the dark years in the 90's, the oh so close "Light it Up" teams of the early 2000's, and the constant rebuilding that began when they traded Ray - WE DESERVE THIS!

Man.  That's just awesome you were there.  Very cool!!!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, wikkidpissah said:

we had to pay to get rid of him. nice guy, too nice, but that knee will be balky forever, apparently, and it turns out that, even healthy, he was a perfect Charlotte Hornet. he'll help you get the 11th pick every year. 

Thanks. I’m kicking the tires on all the PGs that might be available to the Bulls. If injury risk is high I guess Kemba is out.  Perhaps the best practical options are Lonzo, Spencer or seeing if Derrick wants to come back home (even though the “fit” isn’t perfect).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

Thanks. I’m kicking the tires on all the PGs that might be available to the Bulls. If injury risk is high I guess Kemba is out.  Perhaps the best practical options are Lonzo, Spencer or seeing if Derrick wants to come back home (even though the “fit” isn’t perfect).

you don't want JarJar Payne back? Kemba's the right type - bring it up, do sumn widdit, back off when LaVine is feelin it - but i just dont think he'll hold up. tell you what - Devonte Graham would look real nice on that team. if a team dont have to overpay too much to keep Charlotte from matching, he's the value out there @ the point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

he's the value out there @ the point

I keep waiting for a team to give Jevon Carter more playing time.  He should, at minimum, be somebody's backup 1 playing 15-20 minutes a game.  His outside shot is solid and he looks more confident taking it, he continues to improve his AST/TO ratio, and he's a bulldog on defense.  Not sure why the Suns didn't find a way to get him on the court more, but I'd love to have him in Milwaukee.  Or on a rebuilding team where he could get some decent minutes.

Also interested to see what happens with Kendrick Nunn.  He's made some nice strides as a scorer, but I'm not sold on his ability to create for others.  Solid skillet to mold though for a team that's looking to work with him and see if they can unlock his game and improve his defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

you don't want JarJar Payne back? Kemba's the right type - bring it up, do sumn widdit, back off when LaVine is feelin it - but i just dont think he'll hold up. tell you what - Devonte Graham would look real nice on that team. if a team dont have to overpay too much to keep Charlotte from matching, he's the value out there @ the point

Yeah, Payne and Graham are on my list too. Just a little lower.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

HE DROPPED A 50 BURGER TO WIN IT ALL.

And I was there to see it! I doubt I'll ever experience a better moment as a sports fan. Congrats to all my fellow Bucks fans. Those of us who remained die-hards through the crushing close calls in the 80's, the dark years in the 90's, the oh so close "Light it Up" teams of the early 2000's, and the constant rebuilding that began when they traded Ray - WE DESERVE THIS!

A friend of my wife's and her husband were at the game, somehow they made in onto the court during the celebration/trophy presentation.  I am a part of that generation that was too young to remember the championship in '71 but remember all the losses in the 80's to the Celtics/76'ers, then the dismal years of the 80's and 90's.  purchased season tickets to watch the likes of Marty Conlon, Lee Mayberry, Todd Day, Kevin Duckworth, Greg "Cadillac" Anderson, Brad "The Vanilla Gorilla" Lohaus, Benoit Benjamin, etc.  I spent the night texting to my old buddies who shared tickets with me and we all could not believe they finally did it. 

  • Like 6
  • Love 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Fantasy_Freak said:

A friend of my wife's and her husband were at the game, somehow they made in onto the court during the celebration/trophy presentation.  I am a part of that generation that was too young to remember the championship in '71 but remember all the losses in the 80's to the Celtics/76'ers, then the dismal years of the 80's and 90's.  purchased season tickets to watch the likes of Marty Conlon, Lee Mayberry, Todd Day, Kevin Duckworth, Greg "Cadillac" Anderson, Brad "The Vanilla Gorilla" Lohaus, Benoit Benjamin, etc.  I spent the night texting to my old buddies who shared tickets with me and we all could not believe they finally did it. 

holy #### a Marty Conlon reference

there's a name i never thought i would hear ever again.

https://bvmsports.com/2020/09/07/former-nba-big-man-marty-conlon-makes-connecticut-his-home-court/

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's Dunc'd On mock offseason time! Hopefully the spoiler tags work correctly -- here are the results of their 3 and a half hour pod, I'm sure I missed one or two things:

  Reveal hidden contents

Mavs trade Josh Richardson to Portland for Derrick Jones Jr.

Philly trades Ben Simmons to Portland for CJ McCollum, Anfernee Simons, Top-4 Protected 2022 pick swap

Mock draft: Cade to Pistons, Green to Rockets, Mobley to Cavs, Suggs to Raptors, Barnes to Magic, Kuminga to Thunder

Kawhi re-signs with Clippers for 2 years $78 million with player option in year 2

Chris Paul re-signs with Phoenix for 3 years $90 million

John Collins re-signs with Atlanta for 4 years $120 million with player option 4th year

Kyle Lowry signs with Dallas for 3 years $87.5 million

Mike Conley re-signs with Utah for 3 years $72.5 million

Spencer Dinwiddie signs with Miami for 4 years $80 million

Lonzo Ball re-signs with New Orleans for 5 years $120 million with 5th year player option

Duncan Robinson re-signs with Heat for 5 years $115 million with $10 million guaranteed in final year

Jarrett Allen signs with Toronto for 4 years $60 million

Gary Trent Jr. re-signs with Toronto for 4 years $60 million

Demar DeRozan re-signs with San Antonio for 1 year $17 million

Norman Powell re-signs with Portland for 4 years $64 million

Tim Hardaway Jr. signs with Chicago for 4 years $60 million

Evan Fournier re-signs with Boston for 5 years $67.5 million ($5 MM guaranteed in 5th year)

Richaun Holmes signs with Charlotte for 4 years $52 million

Devonte Graham re-signs with Charlotte for 4 years $48 million

Norman Powell re-signs with Portland for 4 years $60 million

Nic Batum signs with Miami for 4 years $45 million

Dennis Schroder re-signs with Los Angeles for 2 years $32 million

Lauri Markkanen signs with San Antonio for 2 years $26 million

Talen Horton-Tucker re-signs with Los Angeles for 2 years $22.3 million with player option in year 2

Kendrick Nunn re-signs with Miami for 2 years $16 million with player option year 2

Josh Hart re-signs with New Orleans for 4 years $40 million

Danny Green signs with Denver for 3 years $30 million

Reggie Jackson re-signs with Los Angeles for 4 years $41 million

Alex Caruso re-signs with Los Angeles for 2 years $18 million

Goran Dragic signs with Chicago for 2 years $10 million with player option year 2

Patty Mills re-signs with San Antonio for 1 year $11 million

TJ McConnell signs with Atlanta for 2 years $19 million

Reggie Bullock signs with Detroit for 3 years $24 million

Kelly Oubre re-signs with Golden State for 2 years $25 million

Derrick Rose re-signs with New York for 2 years $22 million

Nerlens Noel signs with Sacramento for 2 years $17 million

Bruce Brown re-signs with Brooklyn for 3 years $22 million

Hamidou Diallo re-signs with Detroit for 4 years $27 million

Cam Payne re-signs with Phoenix for 4 years $38 million

Tomas Statoransky signs with Philadelphia for 3 years $17 million

Alec Burks signs with LA Lakers for 2 years $12 million

Rudy Gay signs with LA Clippers for 2 years $12 million

Lou Williams signs with Washington for 1 year $5 million

Doug McDermott re-signs with Indiana for 1 year $8 million

Cody Zeller re-signs with Charlotte for 1 year $5 million

Bobby Portis signs with Brooklyn for 1 year $6 million

Jeff Green signs with Boston for 1 year $4 million

Wayne Ellington signs with Dallas for 1 year $5 million

Bryn Forbes signs with New York for 2 years $12 million with team option in year 2

Daniel Theis signs with San Antonio for 2 years $16 million

Trevor Ariza re-signs with Miami for 1 year $5 million

Andre Drummond signs with New York for 1 year $10 million

Paul Millsap signs with Phoenix for 3 years $28 million with $2.5 million guaranteed year 3

PJ Tucker re-signs with Milwaukee for 3 years $26 million

Andre Igoudala re-signs with Golden State for 1 year $5 million

Will Barton signs with New York for 1 year $16 million

Svi Mykhailiuk re-signs with OKC for 3 years $15 million with 3rd year non-guaranteed

Terence Davis re-signs with Sacramento for 3 years $15 million with $2 million guaranteed in 3rd year

Jarred Vanderbilt re-signs with Minnesota for qualifying offer of $2.07 million

Blake Griffin re-signs with Brooklyn for vet minimum

Victor Oladipo re-signs with Miami for vet minimum

Edited by caustic
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, caustic said:

It's Dunc'd On mock offseason time! Hopefully the spoiler tags work correctly -- here are the results of their 3 and a half hour pod, I'm sure I missed one or two things:

  Reveal hidden contents

Mavs trade Josh Richardson to Portland for Derrick Jones Jr.

Philly trades Ben Simmons to Portland for CJ McCollum, Anfernee Simons, Top-4 Protected 2022 pick swap

Mock draft: Cade to Pistons, Green to Rockets, Mobley to Cavs, Suggs to Raptors, Barnes to Magic, Kuminga to Thunder

Kawhi re-signs with Clippers for 2 years $78 million with player option in year 2

Chris Paul re-signs with Phoenix for 3 years $90 million

John Collins re-signs with Atlanta for 4 years $120 million with player option 4th year

Kyle Lowry signs with Dallas for 3 years $87.5 million

Mike Conley re-signs with Utah for 3 years $72.5 million

Spencer Dinwiddie signs with Miami for 4 years $80 million

Lonzo Ball re-signs with New Orleans for 5 years $120 million with 5th year player option

Duncan Robinson re-signs with Heat for 5 years $115 million with $10 million guaranteed in final year

Jarrett Allen signs with Toronto for 4 years $60 million

Gary Trent Jr. re-signs with Toronto for 4 years $60 million

Demar DeRozan re-signs with San Antonio for 1 year $17 million

Norman Powell re-signs with Portland for 4 years $64 million

Tim Hardaway Jr. signs with Chicago for 4 years $60 million

Evan Fournier re-signs with Boston for 5 years $67.5 million ($5 MM guaranteed in 5th year)

Richaun Holmes signs with Charlotte for 4 years $52 million

Devonte Graham re-signs with Charlotte for 4 years $48 million

Norman Powell re-signs with Portland for 4 years $60 million

Nic Batum signs with Miami for 4 years $45 million

Dennis Schroder re-signs with Los Angeles for 2 years $32 million

Lauri Markkanen signs with San Antonio for 2 years $26 million

Talen Horton-Tucker re-signs with Los Angeles for 2 years $22.3 million with player option in year 2

Kendrick Nunn re-signs with Miami for 2 years $16 million with player option year 2

Josh Hart re-signs with New Orleans for 4 years $40 million

Danny Green signs with Denver for 3 years $30 million

Reggie Jackson re-signs with Los Angeles for 4 years $41 million

Alex Caruso re-signs with Los Angeles for 2 years $18 million

Goran Dragic signs with Chicago for 2 years $10 million with player option year 2

Patty Mills re-signs with San Antonio for 1 year $11 million

TJ McConnell signs with Atlanta for 2 years $19 million

Reggie Bullock signs with Detroit for 3 years $24 million

Kelly Oubre re-signs with Golden State for 2 years $25 million

Derrick Rose re-signs with New York for 2 years $22 million

Nerlens Noel signs with Sacramento for 2 years $17 million

Bruce Brown re-signs with Brooklyn for 3 years $22 million

Hamidou Diallo re-signs with Detroit for 4 years $27 million

Cam Payne re-signs with Phoenix for 4 years $38 million

Tomas Statoransky signs with Philadelphia for 3 years $17 million

Alec Burks signs with LA Lakers for 2 years $12 million

Rudy Gay signs with LA Clippers for 2 years $12 million

Lou Williams signs with Washington for 1 year $5 million

Doug McDermott re-signs with Indiana for 1 year $8 million

Cody Zeller re-signs with Charlotte for 1 year $5 million

Bobby Portis signs with Brooklyn for 1 year $6 million

Jeff Green signs with Boston for 1 year $4 million

Wayne Ellington signs with Dallas for 1 year $5 million

Bryn Forbes signs with New York for 2 years $12 million with team option in year 2

Daniel Theis signs with San Antonio for 2 years $16 million

Trevor Ariza re-signs with Miami for 1 year $5 million

Andre Drummond signs with New York for 1 year $10 million

Paul Millsap signs with Phoenix for 3 years $28 million with $2.5 million guaranteed year 3

PJ Tucker re-signs with Milwaukee for 3 years $26 million

Andre Igoudala re-signs with Golden State for 1 year $5 million

Will Barton signs with New York for 1 year $16 million

Svi Mykhailiuk re-signs with OKC for 3 years $15 million with 3rd year non-guaranteed

Terence Davis re-signs with Sacramento for 3 years $15 million with $2 million guaranteed in 3rd year

Jarred Vanderbilt re-signs with Minnesota for qualifying offer of $2.07 million

Blake Griffin re-signs with Brooklyn for vet minimum

Victor Oladipo re-signs with Miami for vet minimum

:clap: surprised they did it before the draft. do they cover that (dont wanna look @ the spoilers)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wikkidpissah said:

:clap: surprised they did it before the draft. do they cover that (dont wanna look @ the spoilers)?

They just used ESPN's mock draft for the top 6 picks, saying that later selections aren't likely to affect teams' free agency plans. (They've done much deeper draft work in their prospect scouting report episodes)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

holy #### a Marty Conlon reference

there's a name i never thought i would hear ever again.

https://bvmsports.com/2020/09/07/former-nba-big-man-marty-conlon-makes-connecticut-his-home-court/

After one of the games, my buddies and I went to Water Street, hit a bar called Mel's (if I remember the name correctly), but who walks in, Marty Conlon.  We just watched him get man handled by some center during the game, but since I am the tallest of my buddies they made me find a way to stand next to him to really gauge his height.  He was still much taller than I and the girls flocked to that guy.

Edited by Fantasy_Freak
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Fantasy_Freak said:

After one of the games, my buddies and I went to Water Street, hit a bar called Mel's (if I remember the name correctly), but who walks in, Marty Conlon.  We just watched him get man handled by some center during the game, but since I am the tallest of my buddies they made me find a way to stand next to him to really gauge his height.  He was still much taller than I and the girls flocked to that guy.

have you told this story before or do i know you???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, caustic said:

It's Dunc'd On mock offseason time! Hopefully the spoiler tags work correctly -- here are the results of their 3 and a half hour pod, I'm sure I missed one or two things:

Quote

Lonzo Ball re-signs with New Orleans for 5 years $120 million with 5th year player option

really??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thecatch said:

really??

Yeah, the other guys were surprised at how aggressive New Orleans was in retaining Lonzo. A few were ready to place offers and couldn’t compete with 5/120. In their reflection at the end of the pod they said that Lonzo probably gets less than that irl.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lonzos gonna make major money this off-season. I fully expect him to get that annually. Both Knicks and Bulls (to name a couple/particularly latter) will back the truck up iMO. It'll be interesting if Pellies match

He'll forever be in his brother's shadow IMO but Lonzos improved a lot.

FA PG rankings:

2 Wins from ChamPayne (max deal)

Lonzo

Everyone else

Schroder

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Fantasy_Freak said:

After one of the games, my buddies and I went to Water Street, hit a bar called Mel's (if I remember the name correctly), but who walks in, Marty Conlon.  We just watched him get man handled by some center during the game, but since I am the tallest of my buddies they made me find a way to stand next to him to really gauge his height.  He was still much taller than I and the girls flocked to that guy.

LOL My GB and I were texting back and forth about Marty Conlon and Danny Schayes and all the schmucks from that era.

Mel's is now Scooter's/Duke's

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Fantasy_Freak said:

Don’t know on both accounts…. Do you live south of Brew Town?

no sir. not now. was in IL for a year but a very long time ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2021 at 12:09 PM, caustic said:

Fits well with my grand plan for Charlotte to sign Richaun Holmes next month after drafting Sengun. :yes: 

Doubt they will able to resign Graham, so would need to add someone to get minutes in the backcourt in this scenario.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Rockets are aggressively trying to move up to 1 to draft Cade. I would love to know what aggressively means in this situation.

I am against trading the pick, but if aggressively means like the number 2 pick and 3 or 4  premium assets with it then I feel like the Pistons would have to do it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, msudaisy26 said:

The Rockets are aggressively trying to move up to 1 to draft Cade. I would love to know what aggressively means in this situation.

I am against trading the pick, but if aggressively means like the number 2 pick and 3 or 4  premium assets with it then I feel like the Pistons would have to do it. 

Does Houston have 3 premium assets?

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wikkidpissah said:

if they do, 2 of em - KPorter & CWood - are Piston rejects

I though Porter was a Cavalier. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Desert_Power said:

Does Houston have 3 premium assets?

They probably do with draft picks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Desert_Power said:

Does Houston have 3 premium assets?

Obviously I am not the Pistons GM, but if I was I would listen to this offer only. 2nd pick, Porter and 2 other first round picks that have no protections. 

I always get confused looking at sites trying to figure what teams have what picks going forward. It looks like Houston has a lot of first round picks the next 3 years. I think there is n offer that could be made that the Pistons would consider,  but I don't know what it is with the rules of trading picks in back to back years, pick swaps and protections. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

I though Porter was a Cavalier. 

a piston in my head rejected that...

 

if i was a news commentator, this is the point where i'd say "well, since Porter's never been a Piston, they would have had to reject at least the idea of him at some point".

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2021 at 11:11 AM, Capella said:

I still can’t believe that 3 players from this series are going to finish an exhausting playoff run and then board a plane for Japan to play with a bunch of guys they’re never practiced with. That’s just so crazy to me. 

NBA Champion Jrue Holliday flew right over to Japan and wrecked France. 
 

 

Rest of the team was miserable though. Durant, Tatum and Lillard 10-30 from the field 🥴 

Edited by Capella
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

Obviously I am not the Pistons GM, but if I was I would listen to this offer only. 2nd pick, Porter and 2 other first round picks that have no protections. 

I always get confused looking at sites trying to figure what teams have what picks going forward. It looks like Houston has a lot of first round picks the next 3 years. I think there is n offer that could be made that the Pistons would consider,  but I don't know what it is with the rules of trading picks in back to back years, pick swaps and protections. 

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/team
 

if the nets stay good, they don’t have a ton of valuable draft capital. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...