What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (6 Viewers)

Zigg said:
Yeah. Pretty sure he was traded a while ago, but don’t remember and figured this was easier than googling. I was incorrect. 
Not to beat ya down anymore, but not sure how coming in here and posting is easier or faster than googling "chris paul new team" :P

i don't know why anybody felt the Harden situation wouldn't go the Butler route as it went on:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2923602-report-james-harden-threw-ball-at-jaesean-tate-during-rockets-practice

i know it is silly and has a ways to go to get it weirder, but as soon as the Rockets front office came out and said they weren't looking to trade Harden and were willing to let it get "uncomfortable" you knew it would get worse. Fertitta really may sink the Rockets ship once it is all said and done. Of course, it could pay in their favor and completely pay off too. 

i don't know why anybody felt the Harden situation wouldn't go the Butler route as it went on:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2923602-report-james-harden-threw-ball-at-jaesean-tate-during-rockets-practice

i know it is silly and has a ways to go to get it weirder, but as soon as the Rockets front office came out and said they weren't looking to trade Harden and were willing to let it get "uncomfortable" you knew it would get worse. Fertitta really may sink the Rockets ship once it is all said and done. Of course, it could pay in their favor and completely pay off too. 
Still holding out hope they trade him to a blue collar city with a hopeless team like Cleveland.  I have no idea if they have any interest but Love and picks would make me smile.  

Long Ball Larry said:
I usually like spotrac

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2021/

and yes it’s taken a hit over the past couple weeks

Looking at player options:

-I'd expect Richardson and Dinwiddie to opt out

-I assume the Bucks will lock up Holiday

-Barton, Ibaka, Harrell, Powell are very uncertain now.

-Derrick Jones Jr. could be interesting if he gets to play enough and can show his skills.

Looking at RFA:

-Collins, Allen, Hart, Trent, Graham and Robinson will be the most interesting (based on what we know now).  I'm not sure if those last 3 can still be extended since they weren't first round picks.

-Markannen, Lonzo, Monk and maybe Zach Collins could be worth a look if they have good seasons.

Looking at UFA:

Yeah, that's a rough group.

-I guess Tim Hardaway, Oubre, Oladipo, and Fournier will get the most interest.  Obiviously if Oladipo can get back to his all-NBA level, he will be the prize.   I guess Conley and Lowry will command a decent amount of interest if they can get through the season without falling off too much physically.

-There are at least 10 or 15 guys in there that will still be rotation players and could be worthy of the MLE.

old frankie kaminski is out there right now brohans so i know today is day numero uno of the season but i think the big story is who will sign frank the tank before the end of the day take that to the bank brochachos 

old frankie kaminski is out there right now brohans so i know today is day numero uno of the season but i think the big story is who will sign frank the tank before the end of the day take that to the bank brochachos 
I thought I saw the Suns picked him up off of waivers, brohansky

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
Looking at player options:

-I'd expect Richardson and Dinwiddie to opt out

-I assume the Bucks will lock up Holiday

-Barton, Ibaka, Harrell, Powell are very uncertain now.

-Derrick Jones Jr. could be interesting if he gets to play enough and can show his skills.

Looking at RFA:

-Collins, Allen, Hart, Trent, Graham and Robinson will be the most interesting (based on what we know now).  I'm not sure if those last 3 can still be extended since they weren't first round picks.

-Markannen, Lonzo, Monk and maybe Zach Collins could be worth a look if they have good seasons.

Looking at UFA:

Yeah, that's a rough group.

-I guess Tim Hardaway, Oubre, Oladipo, and Fournier will get the most interest.  Obiviously if Oladipo can get back to his all-NBA level, he will be the prize.   I guess Conley and Lowry will command a decent amount of interest if they can get through the season without falling off too much physically.

-There are at least 10 or 15 guys in there that will still be rotation players and could be worthy of the MLE.
Kawhi mentioned he was opting out yesterday, but it didn’t mean he was necessarily leaving or staying 

so now that i know ole franky is on the suns i have to ask who has had a better process the seventy sizzlers or the suns me i say the suns take that to the nba action bank brochachos 

Kawhi mentioned he was opting out yesterday, but it didn’t mean he was necessarily leaving or staying 
Yeah, I thought about mentioning him, but he seems like he is kind of in his own category.  He would obviously be the biggest get of all, but so hard to try to plan anything around him.  

Kawhi is a minus play for 2021 free agency unless he reallyreallyreally likes being home. he's not gonna like the results w a players' pushover coach and the paid&played-types like '18-19 Bronnie had around him this season

:lmao:  

Tim MacMahon @espn_macmahon

Source: Rockets are working with NBA office to review video of James Harden at a strip club. If the video circulating on social media is verified to be recent, it is a violation of league's COVID protocols, which would put Harden's availability for tonight's opener in jeopardy.

9:19 AM · Dec 23, 2020

Houston's not even played a game yet and already falling apart. Wall, Cousins, and possibly more to miss the opener due to covid contact tracing according to Shams

Question is now, will the Rockets be able to field team tonight? McLemore (+), wall and cousins out. Another currently unknown player tested positive today as well

C's 1st quarter in the books.

Offense clicking but no answer for Giannis' drive and kick game.  Bucks getting wide open looks from 3 every possession. Holiday will be a difference maker for them. 

C's 1st quarter in the books.

Offense clicking but no answer for Giannis' drive and kick game.  Bucks getting wide open looks from 3 every possession. Holiday will be a difference maker for them. 
i max bet Celtics under for the season, biggest worry has to be Coach Stevens has these guys ready to play every game and seems to elevate pretty much all of his players.  

ETA: is Chris Webber doing the color commentary? He may be the worst i have heard in a long time

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like the NBA officials could have used some more pre-season to figure out how to call some of these games. Bertans needs to get dunked on 

Brunell4MVP said:
Deni Avdija is starting for the Wiz tonight.  Interested in seeing what he brings and how well he guards T Harris.
Sixers certainly looking like they need some things to work out, but the Wiz definitely look to be a lively bunch this season. I think they are hitting like 55% from 3 which i am not sure is sustainable, but they certainly seem capable of making some noise and making the playoffs this year

4 minutes into season:

Bulls still terrible. 

Wendell Carter still clueless.

Gonna be a long season.

Again.
Halftime update: (Down 83-59)

Bulls still suck. 

Zero ball movement.

Guys just stand around on offense all possession.

I could select 4 random posters in this thread and give more defensive effort.

Time to hope the lottery balls go their way next year.

Only bright spot so far: Pat Williams looks like he belongs.

Trey Young has everyone on skates out there.

Sixers certainly looking like they need some things to work out, but the Wiz definitely look to be a lively bunch this season. I think they are hitting like 55% from 3 which i am not sure is sustainable, but they certainly seem capable of making some noise and making the playoffs this year
Little early to really make these predictoins haha.  I think they may sneak in the 9/10 spot of playoffs but don't see them doing much.  No way they keep up this 55% from deep for long.

Bulls still suck. 

Zero ball movement.

Bulls just need a few more guys that play 1 end of the court.

When you're relying on Wendell Carter to be your "defensive enforcer" in the starting lineup...

Little early to really make these predictoins haha.  I think they may sneak in the 9/10 spot of playoffs but don't see them doing much.  No way they keep up this 55% from deep for long.
my 2nd prediction is Curry shoots around 32% from 3 with the Sixers. sixers trade him and wherever he goes he shoots 46% from 3

Porter Jr has about as much shot as Jabari Parker as remaining a 3 in the NBA.

Offensively he's got the capability of being this year's Brandon Ingram (probably not to that extent as he won't be the primary option this year with Murray/Jokic there), but it's almost like he's not even there defensively on the perimeter against 3s.

Bulls still suck. 

Zero ball movement.

6 min left in 3rd: (Down 100-64)

I'm out. 

Bulls are unwatchable.

Coby White/Lavine backcourt experiment isn't going to last long. They're the same player. Neither is a facilitator.....and the remaining 3 guys in the lineup need a facilitator to score :lmao:  

Team's a joke.

Have a good season.

-C

Users who are viewing this thread