What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (3 Viewers)

Major said:
I haven't followed any draft rule changes but that makes sense.  
Best they can do is get bottom 3 and hope that 52% lands them top 4, otherwise they swap positions with the least favorable of MIA and OKC picks.

:towelwave:

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

The Brooklyn Nets are believed to be leaders to sign six-time All-Star Blake Griffin, sources tell me and @JLEdwardsIII. Rival teams with interest are expecting Griffin to choose Nets as a title favorite for chance to win a championship.

12:03 PM · Mar 5, 2021

The Brooklyn Nets are believed to be leaders to sign six-time All-Star Blake Griffin, sources tell me and @JLEdwardsIII. Rival teams with interest are expecting Griffin to choose Nets as a title favorite for chance to win a championship.

i know the league dont think so, but there's sumn dead wrong about a team with a $164MM payroll being allowed to sign players being paid $25MM not to play.

plus, except for sick P&R's, it aint gonna help. i watched one of Blake's last game s w the Pistons and all i could think of was the old Drew Carey joke: Brownsfan Drew, "Ever seen my Bernie Kosar impression?".............................*violently knocks over mike stand*

Don't get your hopes too high

It seems to make sense for Blake to go there. Not sure how much it moves the needle for the Nets since it isn't like the Nets need anybody else to take shots.

Quite a few sources have PJ Tucker to the Sixers as either a buy out or for a 2nd round pick as well. 

Not sure which move makes either team that much better. The Vuc to Celtics rumors seems like the typical Danny/Celtics front office PR mahine churning because i don't know what the C's can offer the Magic to make them trade Vuc there. 

my Pels quietly dismantled the #1 team in the league last night :coffee:  We pretty much dominated the game the entire time despite some heroics by Mitchell. We tried our best to choke it away mid-way through the 4th, but held in there with some clutch buckets and some :gasp: defensive stands. Fun when you're on the winning end of those close ones against really good teams. Whew! 
I want to dislike Zion so much because of the over-zealous national media going goo-goo for him, but I can’t.  Every time I hear the kid in an interview he comes off so good. Seems like a genuine good, humble kid. If I were the pels I would already be lining up his max contract for as soon as his rookie contract expires. 

seems like just a good kid to build a team around. 

The trade aggregation restriction for Victor Oladipo, James Harden and the other five players involved in the deal has expired, according to ESPN's Bobby Marks. 

Oladipo (Indiana to Houston), Harden (Houston to Brooklyn), Jarrett Allen, Taurean Prince (Brooklyn to Cleveland), Caris LeVert (Brooklyn to Indiana), Dante Exum (Cleveland to Houston) and Rodions Kurucs (Brooklyn to Houston) were all involved in the deal. The expiration of the restriction means that the players' salaries can now be combined with other salary in a trade, which is especially noteworthy when it comes to Oladipo. Earlier this season he turned down a two-year extension worth $45.2 million, which did not come as a surprise to the Rockets. But with the team struggling, and Oladipo intent on hitting the market as an unrestricted free agent, this could open the door for the Rockets considering the possibility of moving him ahead of the March 25 trade deadline. 
Unless a team wants an upper hand trying to resign him, I don't see a robust market for Oladipo. Teams that stand out are Milwaukee and Denver. Maybe throw NY in there.

So this is what the C's have been planning the whole time, sneaky:

[Charania] 76ers All-Stars Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons are potentially ineligible to play tonight in the NBA All-Star Game due to contact tracing from exposure to a likely COVID-19 positive individual before they arrived to Atlanta, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium .

Great job NBA, ruin your season because you had squeeze every dollar and throw this event in Georgia, of all places

So this is what the C's have been planning the whole time, sneaky:

[Charania] 76ers All-Stars Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons are potentially ineligible to play tonight in the NBA All-Star Game due to contact tracing from exposure to a likely COVID-19 positive individual before they arrived to Atlanta, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium .

Great job NBA, ruin your season because you had squeeze every dollar and throw this event in Georgia, of all places
I still have no idea why we are doing an All Star game....except for the obvious reason of generating special Top Shot moments.

I still have no idea why we are doing an All Star game....except for the obvious reason of generating special Top Shot moments. 
There is plenty of evidence that NBA players are much less likely to contract covid within the NBA's ecosystem than outside of it. I don't view this as a big concern.

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Blake Griffin has cleared free agency waivers and the six-time NBA All-Star is expected to sign with the Brooklyn Nets, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1368682878255632393

Might be overkill, but we’ll do whatever it takes to loosen Ben Simmons’ grip on the league.  :thumbup:
it certainly won't hurt, and will help with this crazy schedule for the 2nd half. Can't imagine he will get any minutes in the playoffs, you think he will fit in anywhere specifically?

it certainly won't hurt, and will help with this crazy schedule for the 2nd half. Can't imagine he will get any minutes in the playoffs, you think he will fit in anywhere specifically?
Honestly I have no idea if he adds much value to this team at all. His passing out of the PnR might be a little interesting? Reports are that they want to use Griffin primarily as a small ball 5, but given his athletic/defensive decline, he may struggle to beat out Jeff Green for that job.

Honestly I have no idea if he adds much value to this team at all. His passing out of the PnR might be a little interesting? Reports are that they want to use Griffin primarily as a small ball 5, but given his athletic/defensive decline, he may struggle to beat out Jeff Green for that job.
just saw this on some NBA site:

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/03/07/nba-scout-gives-brutal-feedback-on-blake-griffin-to-the-nets/

One NBA scout, who asked to remain anonymous, shared brutally honest feedback about the move. He does not think it will go well for either the Nets or Griffin.

“Blake Griffin is quite possibly the worst fit the Nets could have gone for in the front-court. I would have taken JaVale McGee head and shoulders above Griffin. Griffin hasn’t been an athletic scorer for a couple of years now, he shoots threes and isn’t good at it. Plus, he demands the ball too much to play with Kyrie, James, and KD. It’s a bad move and it won’t benefit either side.”

Talk about some brutal feedback for the Nets. It’s not necessarily wrong feedback either. However, Griffin and the Nets are hoping to prove all of the critics wrong.

just saw this on some NBA site:

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/03/07/nba-scout-gives-brutal-feedback-on-blake-griffin-to-the-nets/

One NBA scout, who asked to remain anonymous, shared brutally honest feedback about the move. He does not think it will go well for either the Nets or Griffin.

“Blake Griffin is quite possibly the worst fit the Nets could have gone for in the front-court. I would have taken JaVale McGee head and shoulders above Griffin. Griffin hasn’t been an athletic scorer for a couple of years now, he shoots threes and isn’t good at it. Plus, he demands the ball too much to play with Kyrie, James, and KD. It’s a bad move and it won’t benefit either side.”

Talk about some brutal feedback for the Nets. It’s not necessarily wrong feedback either. However, Griffin and the Nets are hoping to prove all of the critics wrong.
Certainly doesn't look like a great fit on paper, but we'll see what happens. No risk with a vet min deal. Harden seemed to magically lose 30 pounds after landing in Brooklyn, maybe Blake will rediscover his hops there as well. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly doesn't look like a great fit on paper, but we'll see what happens. No risk with a vet min deal. Harden seemed to magically lose 30 pounds after landing in Brooklyn, maybe Blake will rediscover his hops there as well. :)
lol, that would be pretty funny if Blake comes in and dunks his first game with the Nets. I like salty "anonymous" scouts too, i would guess he is works with the Bucks, or Sixers or someone else who just doesn't like the Nets getting the free players without losing anything

Nets need big bodies. 

I agree if Blake works out, it'll be as an off the bench 5. It's a free flyer. I also agree someone like McGee would have been a better fit for Nets. Nets desperately need a big that can help on defense some. DeAndre Jordan might be buddies with KD but he's real close to the end. Claxton is probably closer to an answer there in the middle but still too raw IMO for a title contender.

I can see another big becoming available on the buyout market or via trade. Wouldn't at all be surprised if it were McGee. Hasaan Whiteside is on a 1 year deal in Sacramento (I believe) could be another option. I also can see the Nets using Dinwiddie as a chip that gets them another contributor for this season.

Blake Griffin made the Pistons a substantially worse team when he was on the floor. I can't imagine that he's going to help a title contender at all.
There is a huge difference playing with Harden/Kyrie/Durant/Harris than with Ellington/Wright/Grant/Plumlee (god what an awful starting lineup that is - can't imagine anyone really contributing to winning with that crew).

But, I do agree that he isn't really going to offer too much, but best case scenario he steals you 15-20 minutes of competent ball

Nets had only one prob - KD aint taking the job of defending the beasties (Freak, Brow particularly) theyre gonna face on the road to the championship and DAJ is too slow no mo. so they go out and get the only player mo slo to swallow the minutes by which they could see if young Claxton was up to the job. if the beauty of Harden's & KD's game had me overlooking my seething Kyrie hate to root for Bru'tlyn, this wiped it out.  :rant:

Nets had only one prob - KD aint taking the job of defending the beasties (Freak, Brow particularly) theyre gonna face on the road to the championship and DAJ is too slow no mo. so they go out and get the only player mo slo to swallow the minutes by which they could see if young Claxton was up to the job. if the beauty of Harden's & KD's game had me overlooking my seething Kyrie hate to root for Bru'tlyn, this wiped it out.  :rant:
Pretty shooting makes for a fun all-star game.

This team ain't beating the Sixers, Bucks or even the Celtics (if they can get their full team together) in the playoffs.

This team ain't beating the Sixers or even the Celtics (if they can get their full team together).
yeesh, i dunno. Harden is showing true, coach-on-the-floor understanding in the Borough of how the ball gets in the hole and he's hardly even worked w KD yet. the playoffs are gonna go to the team who gets the stops cuz nobody's working on that anymore but it's getting so that aint doable against the Nets

yeesh, i dunno. Harden is showing true, coach-on-the-floor understanding in the Borough of how the ball gets in the hole and he's hardly even worked w KD yet. the playoffs are gonna go to the team who gets the stops cuz nobody's working on that anymore but it's getting so that aint doable against the Nets
The thing about KD/Kyrie/Harden is not one of them knows how to lead a team to a championship.  KD was the best player, but maybe the 4th most respected voice on the team in GS.  Harden has laid a couple of playoff eggs as the man and Kyrie just had to "put the ball in the hole when open" while playing with LBJ.  They are three great scorers, but won't play enough D (note I didn't say can't) and their coach doesn't know much about that either.  Durant's already the most unstoppable offensive player in the league anyway, so Harden is really just a luxury during clutch offensive possessions in the postseason.

I honestly see them exiting in the 2nd round this year as constructed (especially if they really try to "fit" Blake in somehow).

This team ain't beating the Sixers, Bucks or even the Celtics (if they can get their full team together) in the playoffs.
to be honest, i would really like to see if the C's slip some more and Nets do too a 1st round match-up with the Celtics and Nets. Brad Stevens >>>> Nash, and i think the C's have another perimeter defenders to keep the game interesting. Would be a fun series to watch

Harden's adaption to the Nets has been impressive. i was a little surprised that he fit in with the team so well. Will be interesting when they run into some adversity, but they are a better team with Harden not playing as much hero ball now and looking to facilitate an offense more

to be honest, i would really like to see if the C's slip some more and Nets do too a 1st round match-up with the Celtics and Nets. Brad Stevens >>>> Nash, and i think the C's have another perimeter defenders to keep the game interesting. Would be a fun series to watch
unless Maaaacus Smaaaat comes back wearing a cape or we trade Timelord str8up for Vuc (still not sure how i feel about that), we aint beating nobody this yr. and your own boys better win EVERY OTHER buyout or they aint winning nothin either

if ben simmons shoots a brick in the forest and no one hears it clang off the rim did it really make a sound who knows but he still missed take that to the bank bromigos   
Still a better shooter than Giannis.

Users who are viewing this thread