What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (10 Viewers)

unlike previous trade deadlines, i just want this one to be over and we still got Maaaacus Smaaaat, who is rumored to be traded for the entire Magic franchise (dunno if that's the team or a movie theater). let it pass, listen to Traitor Danny on being thiiiis close to getting Vuc, Drummond, Barnes AND Oubre and let us thud home in one piece, to trade Jaylen Brown for Bradley Beal so maybe the St Louis boys being together will make sumn happen

Maybe I’m crazy as I don’t follow the NBA all that closely, but is Kyle Lowry really a HOFer as this ESPN article states?
Basketball Reference has his HOF probability at 85.7%

I think he is borderline.  Without the championship, I'd say his chances were slim.

His career has been good to very good for a decent length of time, but he was never considered great.  Did make one all-NBA 3rd team and 6 All-star games.  He got drafted at pick #174 in our all-time NBA draft and I calculated his value at #133 between Vern Mikkelson and Dave Debusschure.

Basically the answer is yes, but not by much.

I think he is borderline.  Without the championship, I'd say his chances were slim.

His career has been good to very good for a decent length of time, but he was never considered great.  Did make one all-NBA 3rd team and 6 All-star games.  He got drafted at pick #174 in our all-time NBA draft and I calculated his value at #133 between Vern Mikkelson and Dave Debusschure.

This is an outrage..you have Debusschure much too low.

Javale McGee to Denver, per Shams. Action!  :towelwave:
Ugh. I was hoping the Nuggets would go to Porter at full time PF (the Nuggets have been fire with Jokic and only one of Millsap/Green/Porter) with Green and Millsap playing PF/C on the second unit. Guess not.

Ugh. I was hoping the Nuggets would go to Porter at full time PF (the Nuggets have been fire with Jokic and only one of Millsap/Green/Porter) with Green and Millsap playing PF/C on the second unit. Guess not.
I bet he isn't used more than just to relieve Joker a few minutes a game.  The Nuggets have to do something or they are gong to waste an MVP Joker season. 

Would he have made any all star games in the West?  Maybe he qualifies, but it doesn’t seem like those should be a significant factor. 

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Orlando is trading Nikola Vucevic and Al-Farouq Aminu to Chicago, sources tell ESPN.

10:02 AM · Mar 25, 2021

Last edited by a moderator:
i was actually hoping Nuggets would be the one to get Aaron Gordon. it seems his style would accommodate up there well

Orlando is trading Nikola Vucevic and Al-Farouq Aminu to Chicago, sources tell ESPN.

10:02 AM · Mar 25, 2021

Bulls are sending Wendell Carter, Otto Porter, and 2 1sts.
wow that one is strange. Didn't think the Bulls would be able to pull Vuc, but those 2 1sts from the Bulls is nice. Not sure why Magic wanted Porter back, i wonder if he will be a buy out?

Also seems that Magic may be letting others go soon. I like Evan Fournier, will be interesting to see if he gets any value back and where he goes

Marc Stein saying that both Gordon and Fournier are expected to be dealt today as well. Khem Birch receiving interest too. Magic are really tearing it down. 

I think Windhorst may be one of the worst of the ESPN bunch. this tweet just seems silly:

The Raptors want Tyrese Maxey, Matisse Thybulle, and 2 first round picks from Sixers for Kyle Lowry according to

@WindhorstESPN

So Lowery is likely to leave in free agency because Raptors will have a tough time investing big money on him with their other pieces, yet we want to push agenda's for team by tweeting stuff like this?

Did not expect Vuc to be traded. Carter any good?
my guess is they pulled that trade more for the value of the 1st round picks. i am sure Bulls' fans know better, but Carter has been better this year and makes sense top try and build a young nucleus with draft picks coming in. Not sure what they do with Porter though

Building around Fultz????
Keith Smith @KeithSmithNBA

Per a source: The Magic see an opportunity to land a top-4 pick in the 2021 draft. Putting that player alongside Jonathan Isaac and Markelle Fultz, and the newly acquired Wendell Carter has Orlando believing they can turn things around quickly.

10:18 AM · Mar 25, 2021

my guess is they pulled that trade more for the value of the 1st round picks. i am sure Bulls' fans know better, but Carter has been better this year and makes sense top try and build a young nucleus with draft picks coming in. Not sure what they do with Porter though
Sure Porter is a salary match/buyout. No way he matters on the court. 

The Bulls seem terrible. Weird trade to make. I don’t know if there are protections but that could be a lottery pick. 

Per a source: The Magic see an opportunity to land a top-4 pick in the 2021 draft. Putting that player alongside Jonathan Isaac and Markelle Fultz, and the newly acquired Wendell Carter has Orlando believing they can turn things around quickly.

Fultz is just ok. Isaac is top defensive player in the league good, but he can’t shoot. Doesn’t seem like a much better future than they had yesterday but they had to do something. They need to hit on some lottery picks, they pretty much have missed on those for 10 straight years (I guess Isaac is good when healthy). 

The Bulls seem terrible. Weird trade to make. I don’t know if there are protections but that could be a lottery pick. 
Looks like they're 2021 and 2023 firsts and the '21 pick is only top-4 protected. Could end up being nice assets for sure.

Boston is in serious talks to acquire Orlando guard Evan Fournier for two second-round picks, sources tell ESPN.

10:27 AM · Mar 25, 2021

ETA: The deal is done.

I think Windhorst may be one of the worst of the ESPN bunch. this tweet just seems silly:

The Raptors want Tyrese Maxey, Matisse Thybulle, and 2 first round picks from Sixers for Kyle Lowry according to

@WindhorstESPN

So Lowery is likely to leave in free agency because Raptors will have a tough time investing big money on him with their other pieces, yet we want to push agenda's for team by tweeting stuff like this?
ESPN also just did a full segment on the Lakers sending four of their top eight players for Lowry just to make the salaries match. 

Of they can end up the 6th pick in a 5 player draft!  Wheeee!!!!!!111

I'm so psyched for the Mo Bamba Era!  Fire up the posters!

Maybe I’m crazy as I don’t follow the NBA all that closely, but is Kyle Lowry really a HOFer as this ESPN article states?
No. he is to be admired - didnt have much game when he came in, just hustle & savvy - but not revered.

Sixers are nuts if they dont get him cuz what Lowry is is fearless. He might cost you a game here & there with his chukkin, but his greatest value is that his teams stay in contact with the lead by his efforts and occasionally go on nutso runs led by him - two monstrously important playoff qualities.

Fournier's a nice pickup - he's who i thought the Dubs should have used their trade exception on (i wont mention who they got even w Modogg on ignore) - he's taken on a lot more running of the offense with the Magic having gone thru like 5 PGs this season and done a lot better than i thought he would. Would have traded Timelord for Vuc, but this is a good rental, tho we may be beyond needing one.

is there anything, beyond media liking to talk about it, that gives any indication that the Pellies have any desire to unload Ball? seems to be developing a nice 2man w the Big Fella and has crowded the eminently crowdable Bledsoe out of the picture

ETA: i see Ingram (who is in a Brown/Tatum thing w Zion) leaving the scene b4 Lonzo

ESPN also just did a full segment on the Lakers sending four of their top eight players for Lowry just to make the salaries match. 
that would be nuts. ESPN is a funny thing these days, Lakers would be awfully shallow if that even was put on the table. 

Fournier's a nice pickup - he's who i thought the Dubs should have used their trade exception on (i wont mention who they got even w Modogg on ignore) - he's taken on a lot more running of the offense with the Magic having gone thru like 5 PGs this season and done a lot better than i thought he would. Would have traded Timelord for Vuc, but this is a good rental, tho we may be beyond needing one.
I think i will start auto replying to all of your messages since i am on ignore with you :)

and yes, Fournier is a real nice pick up for 2 2nds if that is the case. Will help the Celtics out i think, though there issues seem to be deeper than just needing a piece or 2. 

TRADER DANNY STRIKES AGAIN!!!!?!?!?111

:kicksrock:

Alrighty then.  
that is a nice pick up for you guys, better than Gordon i think. I had no idea how Aaron Gordon would fit on that team, Fournier will help Boston, though they have a long ladder to climb to get up in the top 4 seeds for playoffs. 

Windhorst - Toronto is saying the two teams in the lead for Kyle Lowry are the Sixers and the Lakers with Miami in third place, Lowry is “preparing to be traded to the Sixers”

I don't know if this qualifies as reporting anymore, or just Windhorst saying things to say things

so what you are saying is that he will never be kelly oubre got it take that to the bank bromigos 

I thought this was strange. So Evan Fournier is making $17 million this year, and is an unrestricted free agent after this season. Are the Celtics looking to re-sign him for close to that kind of money? I don't know if that move makes as much sense for them unless they really think they are legit threat for the Eastern Conference finals, i am not sure Celtics would want to re-sign him at his age and the money he will be asking for. If they let him walk, might not be as sexxy of a trade as i thought for C's

is there anything, beyond media liking to talk about it, that gives any indication that the Pellies have any desire to unload Ball? seems to be developing a nice 2man w the Big Fella and has crowded the eminently crowdable Bledsoe out of the picture

ETA: i see Ingram (who is in a Brown/Tatum thing w Zion) leaving the scene b4 Lonzo
Well, allegedly the Pelicans organization said a little while back that Zo was available. Maybe it was just a ploy to motivate. He has gotten markedly better since that time. I think the cost of his contract will be the big factor. Which means it might come down to how bad he wants to stay and play with this group with much room to grow but perhaps make a little less than playing elsewhere. Just my :2cents:  

I'd much prefer to see JJ, Lowery, or Ingram (in that order) go before Lonzo. 

It looks like Porter will have more competition at PF, @Kev4029:

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

The Orlando Magic are progressing on a trade to send Aaron Gordon to the Denver Nuggets, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

11:18 AM · Mar 25, 2021

Users who are viewing this thread