Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos


Capella

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Can't believe Embiid is letting Deandre Jordan look like the guy that played on the Clippers and hid in house during free agency. 

Side note: If the Nets win it all this year Blake and Jordan would get a ring before Paul. That would make me smile. 

 

The Mavs now have had Jordan and Redick since then lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

this game is just a joke, has been a joke since we knew that half of the Nets were not going to play today. Refs doing what they can to keep the game competitive, but when you take a team as top heavy as the Nets and majority of their starters aren't playing it is almost not even worth playing, let alone televise nationally

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, modogg said:

this game is just a joke, has been a joke since we knew that half of the Nets were not going to play today. Refs doing what they can to keep the game competitive, but when you take a team as top heavy as the Nets and majority of their starters aren't playing it is almost not even worth playing, let alone televise nationally

Nets just outworking us right now.  Gotta hit our FT's to close this out.  Brutal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Nets just outworking us right now.  Gotta hit our FT's to close this out.  Brutal.

yeah, but the whole things has been laughable. they did lull the Sixers into sleep when the Siexers were up 24 points. Same basic thing with the Grizzlies game earlier this year with the Sixers when they put in the btm of the bench. 

But Sixers average 31 free throw attempts a game, and had 11 before the last 3:00 minutes of this game. Just been a funny game, Nets throwing forearms and elbows on offense and for whatever reason it is all good. Refs look like a deer in headlights half of this game

F'ers are going to cost me my dub bet on the Sixers -7 though, knew this would be close with a national game and the Sixers so much more talented then the Nets bench

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, modogg said:

yeah, but the whole things has been laughable. they did lull the Sixers into sleep when the Siexers were up 24 points. Same basic thing with the Grizzlies game earlier this year with the Sixers when they put in the btm of the bench. 

But Sixers average 31 free throw attempts a game, and had 11 before the last 3:00 minutes of this game. Just been a funny game, Nets throwing forearms and elbows on offense and for whatever reason it is all good. Refs look like a deer in headlights half of this game

F'ers are going to cost me my dub bet on the Sixers -7 though, knew this would be close with a national game and the Sixers so much more talented then the Nets bench

-7 isn't over just yet

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Deamon said:

hilarious.

i hope what comes out of this game is the Nets and media pushing that Jordan can hang with Embiid. would be great if they start to think they can cover or do anything with him. Biggest worry for the Sixers is teams trying to get Embiid to foul out (which i can't remember the last time he did)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Major said:

Those Philly liberty bell jerseys are trash.  And what's up with the Gucci esque snakes on the court? 

Ben Franklin used the snake to represent the colonies uniting for freedom

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Deamon said:

Ben Franklin used the snake to represent the colonies uniting for freedom

Yeah, I just googled it.  Odd timing as Gucci made them relevant a few years back which I'm sure influenced their decision.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

hilarious.

I was just trying to fit in with the NBA comedy hour in the thread. Did you read all the hilarious takes in here?

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i watched Kyrie Irving's post game interview, no idea why C's fans hated him so much and why he gets so much grief all the time. I know he has said some wacky things, and it was good when he recounted the whole flat earth thing (basically said he got caught in a rabbit hole), but he seems like a generally good guy and teammate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, modogg said:

i watched Kyrie Irving's post game interview, no idea why C's fans hated him so much and why he gets so much grief all the time. I know he has said some wacky things, and it was good when he recounted the whole flat earth thing (basically said he got caught in a rabbit hole), but he seems like a generally good guy and teammate

Yeah I'm sure that post game interview is a perfect summation of who he is as a person and all that he has done in the past.  Your post seems very logical and well reasoned.  :rolleyes:

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jayrod said:

Yeah I'm sure that post game interview is a perfect summation of who he is as a person and all that he has done in the past.  Your post seems very logical and well reasoned.  :rolleyes:

Lol, again a Celtics fan and their hate for kyrie. No idea why there was ever such hate for him, and him leaving the team was probably the end of any championship hope for the Celtics org for a good 5-7 years 

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hey everybody, i'm new here and just learning about the NBA.

are there really only two teams in the entire league?  the Celtics and the Sixers?  do these other teams just barnstorm between the two cities like the Washington Generals and they don't have any real fans to talk about their games?

 

i'll hang up and listen

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

hey everybody, i'm new here and just learning about the NBA.

are there really only two teams in the entire league?  the Celtics and the Sixers?  do these other teams just barnstorm between the two cities like the Washington Generals and they don't have any real fans to talk about their games?

 

i'll hang up and listen

There are rumors of a new fledgling league out near the Californias called the "Western Conference", but I'm having trouble finding anything to verify their existence or any reports about the games.  Whatever it is, there is no way it is a quality league that can compete with the likes of the Celtics or even the 76ers.

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

hey everybody, i'm new here and just learning about the NBA.

are there really only two teams in the entire league?  the Celtics and the Sixers?  do these other teams just barnstorm between the two cities like the Washington Generals and they don't have any real fans to talk about their games?

 

i'll hang up and listen

The bandwagon for Nets fans hasn’t really loaded up yet and there weren’t exactly a lot of Nets fans in general. Laker fans in this board have either gotten timeouts, been sucked in the politics forum, or have grown bored with winning.

Just about everyone else, IMO, has grown tired of an NBA where 2 or 3 super teams exist and everyone else knows their shot at a title is extremely small. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

hey everybody, i'm new here and just learning about the NBA.

are there really only two teams in the entire league?  the Celtics and the Sixers?  do these other teams just barnstorm between the two cities like the Washington Generals and they don't have any real fans to talk about their games?

 

i'll hang up and listen

Ok fine, move Wolves talk. Got it. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

hey everybody, i'm new here and just learning about the NBA.

are there really only two teams in the entire league?  the Celtics and the Sixers?  do these other teams just barnstorm between the two cities like the Washington Generals and they don't have any real fans to talk about their games?

 

i'll hang up and listen

lol, definitely a fair point. I do like the other fans chipping in from time to time, but do agree this thread would likely be at 10 pages if C's and 6ers fans didn't talk as much about their teams. 

I will say the good thing with both Boston and Philly fans is that we discuss the good and bad.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, caustic said:

Oh wow, Aldridge is retiring. Had an irregular heartbeat scare during a game last week and is hanging it up. Hopefully he’s alright.

hmm strange that it took so long for him to find out about this. does kind of make you wonder why teams don't do more regular checks on players, like Levert only finding his scare due to his trade. with medical staffs on each team, you would think it wouldn't hurt to do a full exam during the off-season and check all of these things. Players could benefit, and maybe teams are nervous to put in place for extra costs and chances of losing players

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, modogg said:

hmm strange that it took so long for him to find out about this. does kind of make you wonder why teams don't do more regular checks on players, like Levert only finding his scare due to his trade. with medical staffs on each team, you would think it wouldn't hurt to do a full exam during the off-season and check all of these things. Players could benefit, and maybe teams are nervous to put in place for extra costs and chances of losing players

I'm wondering if it's a covid thing, the Spurs had a bad outbreak in their locker room a couple months ago.

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, modogg said:

Lol, again a Celtics fan and their hate for kyrie. No idea why there was ever such hate for him, and him leaving the team was probably the end of any championship hope for the Celtics org for a good 5-7 years 

Kyrie is really hard to like.   Why are you defending him? Just curious 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, caustic said:

Oh wow, Aldridge is retiring. Had an irregular heartbeat scare during a game last week and is hanging it up. Hopefully he’s alright.

No, he was so scared to face Embiid so he retired. 

Edited by msudaisy26
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2021 at 8:48 AM, mr. furley said:

Pistons and Kings fighting over who gets to sign Lu Dort to a max contract today

I figure the NBA will have to rework the salary cap to make sure he is fairly paid. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Capella changed the title to 2020-21 NBA Thread: LaMarcus Aldridge retires rather than forced to rebound dozens of missed Ben Simmons shots in East playoff series
44 minutes ago, caustic said:

Oh wow, Aldridge is retiring. Had an irregular heartbeat scare during a game last week and is hanging it up. Hopefully he’s alright.

Kind of a bummer for the Nets, he was playing surprisingly well. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, need2know said:

Kyrie is really hard to like.   Why are you defending him? Just curious 

just saw the post game interview, and Kyrie came off as a good teammate and seemingly good guy. micro-view of him, so who knows. I also thought the media and fans crushing him a bit when he spoke about his Native American heritage hit a chord for me too, but all in all, was just a fleeting observation. 

Like Ben over Kyrie though :homer:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Frostillicus said:

Ok fine, move Wolves talk. Got it. 

as an expansion franchise i understand it may take some time for them to get off the ground, but i'm on board with it.

let's go TImbers!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did watch the 76ers vs Nets game last night and there was a driving lay up that Ben threw off the glass so hard I thought it was a pass, but no one was there. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, modogg said:

lol, definitely a fair point. I do like the other fans chipping in from time to time, but do agree this thread would likely be at 10 pages if C's and 6ers fans didn't talk as much about their teams. 

I will say the good thing with both Boston and Philly fans is that we discuss the good and bad.

lol, just poking the bear a little.

lots of people seem to like their teams but aren't really speaking up about them. 

 

i'm only a casual Bucks fan and don't really get to watch them much or i'd have a few thousand more posts in here :oldunsure:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So we need more talk about how Luka is the greatest player to come into the NBA since LeBron and it's not even a hot take, which is insanity.

 

He shotput parallel to the floor a buzzer beating game winner last night. I lost my mind. I woke my wife up (also wtf an 8:30pm CT start time for a game IN MEMPHIS??)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Instinctive said:

So we need more talk about how Luka is the greatest player to come into the NBA since LeBron and it's not even a hot take, which is insanity.

 

He shotput parallel to the floor a buzzer beating game winner last night. I lost my mind. I woke my wife up (also wtf an 8:30pm CT start time for a game IN MEMPHIS??)

Luka is awesome. The Mavs are one all star level wing away from being a legit contender. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

lol, just poking the bear a little.

lots of people seem to like their teams but aren't really speaking up about them. 

 

i'm only a casual Bucks fan and don't really get to watch them much or i'd have a few thousand more posts in here :oldunsure:

Not that there was ever much doubt, but after last night its even more apparent that the regular season truly does not matter in this league. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Luka is awesome. The Mavs are one all star level wing away from being a legit contender. 

Idk man. I watch this team every game...I think they're an underrated contender this year. They have STILL, after like 2 months of no issues, lost the most games of any team to COVID and protocols. They're like the #3 team in Goldsberry's efficiency since they got every back a little before the break. 

 

Even now these stupid losses to SA and HOU are due to guys being out that make a difference to how the team works. With Murray's injury...I think the questions for the West are:

1. Playoff P?

2. Is Phoenix real or already at their absolute peak while other teams go up a level?

3. LeBron and AD health?

If I'm Dallas, I'm not that worried about Utah. Portland also has got them in the season series ut again without their strong defenders in the lineup. 

 

Like, sure, another all-star would be great. But that Luka-Hardaway-DFS-Maxi-KP lineup is still rounding into form and looks nasty at times. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Instinctive said:

Idk man. I watch this team every game...I think they're an underrated contender this year. They have STILL, after like 2 months of no issues, lost the most games of any team to COVID and protocols. They're like the #3 team in Goldsberry's efficiency since they got every back a little before the break. 

 

Even now these stupid losses to SA and HOU are due to guys being out that make a difference to how the team works. With Murray's injury...I think the questions for the West are:

1. Playoff P?

2. Is Phoenix real or already at their absolute peak while other teams go up a level?

3. LeBron and AD health?

If I'm Dallas, I'm not that worried about Utah. Portland also has got them in the season series ut again without their strong defenders in the lineup. 

 

Like, sure, another all-star would be great. But that Luka-Hardaway-DFS-Maxi-KP lineup is still rounding into form and looks nasty at times. 

I should define what I mean by contender.

Could the Mavs make a run to the conference finals if they caught a bunch of breaks and got hot? Maybe.

A true contender for me is a team that if they play well they can beat anyone in a 7 game series without breaks. 

If the Mavs could find their version of Khris Middleton then they are that team. IMO

Edited by msudaisy26
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Instinctive said:

So we need more talk about how Luka is the greatest player to come into the NBA since LeBron and it's not even a hot take, which is insanity.

 

He shotput parallel to the floor a buzzer beating game winner last night. I lost my mind. I woke my wife up (also wtf an 8:30pm CT start time for a game IN MEMPHIS??)

i'm waiting til the Mavs finish maybe 5th or 6th in their conference before conferring beatitudes

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Navin Johnson said:

Curry playing out of his mind right now. 29 treys in the last three games.  39.9 ppg in April

happened to catch his 20pt first quarter the other night. 

it just looks so effortless. behind the back, weaving between two guys, fading to the side, just effortlessly splashes a 3 that barely rips the net.

he looks so fluid, doesn't need any time, space or perfect setup to knock em down. he almost looks like a 1-man video game.

Edited by mr. furley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Capella changed the title to 2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...