What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (1 Viewer)

watched a bit of the Bucks game

looked like two teams doing a walk through pre-game. cruising along at 50%. maybe and not putting up any defensive effort whatsoever.  blech.

really is a silly game. Let a home team rest for 2 nights, and the away team play last night and have to travel. then go ahead and make it your nationally televised game. just so dopey of whoever drew these schedules up
Saturday is going to be a massive game.  Ben should be back and the team should be slightly rested.

50 games is plenty. Under the new format only ten teams are eliminated after the regular season. In a couple decades we’ll look back on 82 games and be amazed that we used to do that. 

posting my biggest parlay before action starts, prolly jinx myself, but it's house money... and been a lot of fun for weeks.

pels to win

celtics to win (meh, probably should have just avoided it)

spurs pisstons (over 216)

hornets bulls (over 210)

LA Dal (over 216)

hit play, drink beer, vape weed, have fun all alone
Got your wins, but missed on overs.  Low scoring night overall.

Man, the fake crowd noise on TNT is brutal. I switched over from the Laker channel to see who was calling the game (ugh Reggie) and couldn’t stand it. Just one steady stream of canned noise (and I’m not talking about Reggie). 

You don't make money sitting at home on the couch and owners don't sell $9 beers to empty seats.
50 is hyperbole, and 20 years probably is too. I’ll remember to bump this thread in 2075 from the retirement home so you can all eat crow. 

50 games is plenty. Under the new format only ten teams are eliminated after the regular season. In a couple decades we’ll look back on 82 games and be amazed that we used to do that. 
i agree with others here that it won't ever happen (simply money), but the product would be better if it were around 50. I liked the proposed idea of a tournament in mid-season that would mean something, and that would also reduce the total games played

i agree with others here that it won't ever happen (simply money), but the product would be better if it were around 50. I liked the proposed idea of a tournament in mid-season that would mean something, and that would also reduce the total games played
Things always change. Something tells me our society won’t always cater to the uber-wealthy like we do now, but maybe that’s a pipe dream. 

I also think we’re getting close to the peak in terms of the TV deals. They can’t continue to go up forever, and when that bubble pops there will be a reckoning and everything will be on the table. 

As the discipline of sport science continues to grow and we learn more and more about what causes injuries, I think it’s going to become clear that the average NBA season puts entirely too much strain on the human body. 

Whether all of that gets us to a shorter season in my lifetime (I’m 36) we shall see. I meant to quote Furley’s post about the Bucks game when I made my original post, so it was like 50% serious. 

Will Barton went down with some sort of hmu leg injury. Malone said that Barton heard a pop. Their backcourt is getting awfully thin.

LaMelo with the cast off and shooting.  A rested LaMelo, Hayward, and Monk should win the 7/8 game and  be in prime position to take down #2 seed Philly in 6.  From there it will be child's play dismantling the Hawks/Knicks winner.  A sweep of the that series should allow plenty of time to rest up for Brooklyn/Milwaukee winner.  It will be a tough series, the the Bugs take it down in 7.  Biggest question is who will make it out of the West to see LaMelo and company hoist the trophy in Buzz City?

BassNBrew said:
LaMelo with the cast off and shooting.  A rested LaMelo, Hayward, and Monk should win the 7/8 game and  be in prime position to take down #2 seed Philly in 6.  From there it will be child's play dismantling the Hawks/Knicks winner.  A sweep of the that series should allow plenty of time to rest up for Brooklyn/Milwaukee winner.  It will be a tough series, the the Bugs take it down in 7.  Biggest question is who will make it out of the West to see LaMelo and company hoist the trophy in Buzz City?
Funny, but they wouldn't play the winner of the Hawks/Knicks if they got through the #2 seed.

BassNBrew said:
:fishing:

really is a silly game. Let a home team rest for 2 nights, and the away team play last night and have to travel. then go ahead and make it your nationally televised game. just so dopey of whoever drew these schedules up
Really wish these teams would get the same amount of rest

Oh wait....

What's the Philly excuse tonight? 

Will Barton went down with some sort of hmu leg injury. Malone said that Barton heard a pop. Their backcourt is getting awfully thin.
Ugh....it is too late to tank and get in the lottery? I really thought this was the year... :(

Watching them get killed by the Lakers in the first round and all the slobbering announcers will do over Lebron, is going to make me sick. 

Of course, I can't watch the Nugs or Avs games because of the stupid ongoing Altitude battle here. 

Really wish these teams would get the same amount of rest

Oh wait....

What's the Philly excuse tonight? 
don't get me wrong, Bucks are a very good regular season team. Beating a team without Embiid and Simmons sounds like championship to me

stepped out of my car after the Sixers whittled the lead from 10 to 1 at the start of the second half.

got back in my car and the Bucks were up 34.  
yeah, wasn't pretty. game was doomed from the start, hope Seth Curry can get it going by the playoffs, he seems like the Covid got him pretty bad

BassNBrew said:
They better win that 7/8 game because our Washington Wizards are getting in 

is Doncic mic'd up?

he just tried to dive in to a 3pt foul for the third time in the last few possessions, didn't get the call on any, then got T'd up after a Redick blocking foul.

after he got to the sidelines he was talking in to his jersey, but not like he was yelling under his breath or anything. he seemed to be talking to/responding to someone.

i've not watched a lot of Mavs basketball, but every time i do he's trying to jump in to someone on wild threes multiple times per game.

Luka is awesome, obviously, and the draft day where the Kings took Bagley over him was one of my 5 worst sports moments, which I recognized even at the time. But I dislike watching him play, for many of the same reasons I do not enjoy watching Harden. 

AD got.... Powell??... off his feet on a three and then dove in to his legs, undercutting him. 

they've got to stop this ####. it's just dangerous.

Ugh....it is too late to tank and get in the lottery? I really thought this was the year... :(

Watching them get killed by the Lakers in the first round and all the slobbering announcers will do over Lebron, is going to make me sick. 

Of course, I can't watch the Nugs or Avs games because of the stupid ongoing Altitude battle here. 
The Mavs have a pretty easy schedule remaining, they are only 1.5 games back of the Lakers, and they now own the season series. I'm hoping they can leap frog the Lakers.

The Mavs have a pretty easy schedule remaining, they are only 1.5 games back of the Lakers, and they now own the season series. I'm hoping they can leap frog the Lakers.
You and me both. We're coming for that 5 seed. Denver is definitely the most favorable opponent in the top 4 without Murray.

Luka is awesome, obviously, and the draft day where the Kings took Bagley over him was one of my 5 worst sports moments, which I recognized even at the time. But I dislike watching him play, for many of the same reasons I do not enjoy watching Harden. 
I don't understand why they haven't eliminated the jump sideways into people for fouls thing yet. It's just the worst. They kind of did when they made the "basketball move" or whatever rule but then they never enforced it. Should not be hard to take 10 clips of that bull####, send it around the league to all teams, and say "This will not be called a foul on the defender." It's one thing when you're at the rim and it makes sense that you're jumping towards the basket. Nobody intentionally jumps sideways into you to shoot a jumper well. 

That said, at least Luka doesn't do any of the Harden crap like grabbing your arm and then pulling you with him, or sweeping up through you on every drive. He's got amazing footwork on all his paint stuff. 

The stupid jump into you when you weren't going to foul me thing just makes the game so boring to watch. 

And potentially without Barton and Morris too. The Nuggets' backcourt suuuuucks.
It's one of those weird situations where both teams probably want the outcome. Like I imagine Denver would prefer to play Dallas than the Lakers, and Dallas would rather play Denver than the Clips or Suns 

So Tatum has pretty much lost the last 2 games for Celtics. Just lazy and doesn't play defense. yes he can inflate the box score points, but I don't know if any free agent is coming to Boston for a long time 

I did like how the C's media PR was pushing it was all because of Covid for Tatum. Might be a new coach who can come in and light a fire under Tatum and maybe they can get something out of him, but if i am Boston i am trying to sell Tatum if i can

-28 plus/minus today. That is tough to accomplish

Last edited by a moderator:
So Tatum has pretty much lost the last 2 games for Celtics. Just lazy and doesn't play defense. yes he can inflate the box score points, but I don't know if any free agent is coming to Boston for a long time 

I did like how the C's media PR was pushing it was all because of Covid for Tatum. Might be a new coach who can come in and light a fire under Tatum and maybe they can get something out of him, but if i am Boston i am trying to sell Tatum if i can

-28 plus/minus today. That is tough to accomplish
Yeah, it's time to put you back on ignore now that we are done with the all-time draft.

Thanks for the reminder!  :thumbup:

Nets pull out a big win vs Phoenix.  I think the #1 seed is theirs.  Embiid and Harris both questionable again tomorrow and Simmons is going to possibly be out long term with his personal issue.

Nets pull out a big win vs Phoenix.  I think the #1 seed is theirs.  Embiid and Harris both questionable again tomorrow and Simmons is going to possibly be out long term with his personal issue.
they have 2 games against the Bucks yet and a few other tough one's. if they remain healthy i agree they probably keep that #1 spot

Users who are viewing this thread