Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos

Capella

10 hours ago, Deamon said:

Who would have thought that the only bottom 4 seed in the West to lose game 1 would be the Lakers??

I'm fairly shocked about the Jazz losing.  The rest wasn't a big surprise as we knew those 2 series were going to be battles.

I also like the Suns to handle the Lakers.  Davis and LeBron aren't 100% and their supporting cast isn't nearly as good as Phoenix.  That Suns team is deeeeeeep.

12 hours ago, Deamon said:

Who would have thought that the only bottom 4 seed in the West to lose game 1 would be the Lakers??

man i have loved the Grizzlies for a few years now, and really glad they are starting to show results on the court. Ja is so fun to watch, and JJJ hopefully continues to grow. Valanciunas has been under-rated all year and I think they may be able to take another one from Utah in Memphis. 

3 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

i love game 1 over-reactions

Lakers are the worst team to ever make the playoffs! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

i love game 1 over-reactions

I don't think much changed after game 1.  it is worth noting though that the NYK/ATL, POR/DEN, and LAL/PHO series winner vegas odds have swapped because of game 1 now though. Atlanta, Portland, and Phoenix are now all favoured to win those matchups (Lakers are very very small underdogs now)

1 hour ago, msudaisy26 said:

Lakers are the worst team to ever make the playoffs! 

Lebron looked old/like he was tanking.

AD can't handle Ayton.

Lakers should never have let Randle walk.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Thunderlips said:

Man, this is a straight bum-reddening.  MIA doesn't even look like they got supper before they got spanked and sent to bed.  

Love it.  Miami really misses Kelly... never should have traded him.

• Laughing 1

On 5/22/2021 at 5:14 PM, Instinctive said:
  • Brunson gets nowhere near enough respect as one of the best 6th men in the NBA. It's absolutely ridiculous that Jordan ####### Clarkson is a finalist and Brunson isn't.

Clarkson 64 1st place votes.
Brunson 0 1st place votes.

First of all, the Trae Young stuff at MSG last night was amazing. Holy crap if he wasn’t Reggie Miller all over again.  Right down to trolling the fans and Spike Lee.  This series is going to be awesome and I hate Young so so hard.  

Today I saw this on Twitter and it’s amazing  

https://twitter.com/choudhrijaan/status/1396903502174117892?s=21

Apparently the guy is afraid of ####### birds.

Can someone please change the title to Trae Young’s Ornithophobia, and pigeons at the Garden?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, modogg said:

i took the Heat +23.5 in live betting, they have to be able to cover that, right?

I would think so. 27 point lead at the half, I think they end up winning by 20 once they rest everyone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Insein said:

NBA Explains why it didn't punish LeBron James for breaking Covid protocol

Now I personally don't care if he plays or not because I think their rules are arbitrary and dumb but I do think it's funny how obvious it is who runs the league.  

You know someone is lying when they go through every little detail and stretch it from point A to point B. 

• Like 1

• Capella changed the title to 2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Trae Young scared of birds, but not scared of 400 pound men in giant Yankees jerseys struggling to find the breath to chant his name at the Garden
3 hours ago, Otis said:

First of all, the Trae Young stuff at MSG last night was amazing. Holy crap if he wasn’t Reggie Miller all over again.  Right down to trolling the fans and Spike Lee.  This series is going to be awesome and I hate Young so so hard.  

Today I saw this on Twitter and it’s amazing  

https://twitter.com/choudhrijaan/status/1396903502174117892?s=21

Can someone please change the title to Trae Young’s Ornithophobia, and pigeons at the Garden?

close enough 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, The Kansas Comet said:

Dame doing his best Bryn Forbes imitation in the second quarter here. Just ridiculous.

Dame can't hold Bryn Forbes Gatorade bottle  :mellow:

• Like 1

holy crap  "not scared of 400 pound men in giant Yankees jerseys struggling to find the breath to chant his name at the Garden"

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Otis said:

First of all, the Trae Young stuff at MSG last night was amazing.

Yet he's on the Hawks.  Hopefully he drops some more #### on the Knicks heads Wednesday.

Posted (edited)

It's the day everyone's been waiting for...NBA draft tiebreakers day!

The results:

4th-best odds: Oklahoma City
5th-best: Cleveland

8th: Chicago (will convey to ORL if not in top 4)
9th: Sacramento
10th: New Orleans

11th: Charlotte
12th: San Antonio

19th: New York
20th: Atlanta
*Congrats Otis, you beat the Hawks!

21st: Dallas (conveyed to New York)
22nd: LA Lakers
23rd: Portland (conveyed to Houston)

25th: Denver
26th: LA Clippers

Edited by caustic
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deamon said:

@identikit I'm going to do better today.

Nets by 9
Lakers by 3
Clippers by 6

That felt weird picking 3 of my least favourite 4 teams in the playoffs.

This is like watching a superhero trying to see if he can control his newly-found powers.

• Laughing 3
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, jhib said:

This is like watching a superhero trying to see if he can control his newly-found powers.

In my defense, since abandoning my pick-with-my-heart-play-in-games strategy once the playoffs started, I'm 6-4.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Refs calling this tight out the gate.

And not a lot of defense so far.

Edited by Jayrod

Good grief.  Celtics playing with zero discipline on defense.  So many silly mistakes.  Here is a news flash, Joe Harris can shoot 3s really really well.  Act accordingly.

• Capella changed the title to 2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos