What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (9 Viewers)

Case and point, something like 8 of the last 9 (exaggerated, but not by much) thread titles have been about Simmons.
I guess I'm just talking the last month or so (in between when you complained about the ribbing he was taking and when modogg basically invited people to start it up again).

I guess I'm just talking the last month or so (in between when you complained about the ribbing he was taking and when modogg basically invited people to start it up again).
There's a difference between ribbing and trolling/fishing.  I don't believe the latter belongs on these boards.  

I can’t believe you’re mad online about stupid thread titles. What a world. 

I had a run of Dwight Howard thread titles here 5 or 6 years ago, I don’t remember you caping for him over that. 
DId not say I was mad.  A guy made a claim about how we bring up Simmons more than everyone else did.  I made a hyperbolic statement saying that the thread title is always about Ben.  That is all.

how can Ayton be 26/29 for 53 points?

particularly when all but 2 (i think) of his scores are at the rim.

he not getting the foul calls?? or is he 1/38 from the line?

Ben is an easy target, unlike the hoop when he pulls up from deep. 
Modogg makes a positive post about him after a good game and not a peep from anyone about it and suddenly people are saying how much he brags about him.

Anyone else makes a negative post about him after a bad game, and the peanut gallery sprints to their like emoji.

I thought we were done with all this Simmons trolling, but here we are again.

Modogg makes a positive post about him after a good game and not a peep from anyone about it and suddenly people are saying how much he brags about him.

Anyone else makes a negative post about him after a bad game, and the peanut gallery sprints to their like emoji.

just let it go, man. it's better for everyone.

how can Ayton be 26/29 for 53 points?

particularly when all but 2 (i think) of his scores are at the rim.

he not getting the foul calls?? or is he 1/38 from the line?
I don't think FT's count towards FG percentage?

Maybe he's 25/28 from 2 point range and 1/1 from 3 point range?  That would make his FG percentage 26/29 for 53.

I dunno man, I read the popcorn thing today  and the joke popped into my head. I think you’re taking things a little too serious. I’m a Tampa fan, you can make fun of any player you want, I truly don’t care even a little bit. I don’t know these guys and sports are dumb fun. 

and right on cue Paul throws two violent elbows, in clear view of the ref, in quick succession and gets a foul call against Kuzma

amazing

Last edited by a moderator:
except he's literally 26/29 from 2 and has 53 pts in the series
Ah yes.  Just looked.  26/29 from 2 = 52 points.  Also is 1/2 from the line for that 53rd point.

EDT:  So yes, maybe just not getting the calls.  Or else people don't bother fouling him when he goes for a dunk and just run to get out of his way.

Suns had 28 points in the 1st quarter and 12 points in the 2nd.  Oof.

This year HAS to be the highest 1st quarter scoring of all time.

Happy to once everyone else does.  Things were fun in here without the Simmons talk.
Might I suggest assuming those posts are meant for others and modogg and not for you? Because modogg seems to take it more llike good-natured ribbing instead of mean-spirited trolling meant to elicit emotional response.

I mean, modogg is the one who asked for it to start up again.

Anyway, that's how I read the situation as a casual observer. No big deal in my book.

I saw the title and laughed, not knowing the problems therein. I don't even follow basketball. Maybe some Rondo jokes again? Is he even playing anymore once guys figured out to leave him alone and he'd throw up a lazer off the backboard or something like that...?

I don't know. When you don't even follow basketball and can picture a guy's game just from a title on a magic football board, you know it's evocative, at least.

Sorry, Deamon. I remember thinking I was taking it in the hockey thread once years ago and then proceeded to ruin people's fun and get in arguments with people I liked. Go with it. It's funny.

I saw the title and laughed, not knowing the problems therein. I don't even follow basketball. Maybe some Rondo jokes again? Is he even playing anymore once guys figured out to leave him alone and he'd throw up a lazer off the backboard or something like that...?

I don't know. When you don't even follow basketball and can picture a guy's game just from a title on a magic football board, you know it's evocative, at least.

Sorry, Deamon. I remember thinking I was taking it in the hockey thread once years ago and then proceeded to ruin people's fun and get in arguments with people I liked. Go with it. It's funny.
Today's wasn't even that bad, I originally only commented on one guy saying we talk more about the Simmons hate than others do. The thread title wasn't that bad, maybe just scarred from the few months ago when it was pretty clear trolling and fishing. 

Anyways, moving on from it for now. I've been pretty modest about Simmons (never said he was top 10, just claimed he was a great player that wasn't elite without a shot), and especially about the Sixers (I'm the last fan to ever say my team is way better than they are). 

But dudes who actually say Simmons is bad at basketball, is "not a top 200 player", and that Philly is "not even a good team and will lose round 1" are just looking for responses. 

Ive enjoyed the basketball chat in here this playoffs tho, so will drop the Ben stuff for now. 

Today's wasn't even that bad, I originally only commented on one guy saying we talk more about the Simmons hate than others do. The thread title wasn't that bad, maybe just scarred from the few months ago when it was pretty clear trolling and fishing. 

Anyways, moving on from it for now. I've been pretty modest about Simmons (never said he was top 10, just claimed he was a great player that wasn't elite without a shot), and especially about the Sixers (I'm the last fan to ever say my team is way better than they are). 

But dudes who actually say Simmons is bad at basketball, is "not a top 200 player", and that Philly is "not even a good team and will lose round 1" are just looking for responses. 

Ive enjoyed the basketball chat in here this playoffs tho, so will drop the Ben stuff for now. 
Yeah, don't mean to butt in, really. Just friendly advice about these threads. Somebody's player or favorite team's culture always winds up taking it, and it's generally the major markets like NY, Philly, Boston (for me even though I'm a NY Jets fan), LA, etc. They come under scrutiny.

Anyway, I'll bow out and let it get back to basketball.

The last 40 years of basketball say Dr. Octopus is right.
Yup.  Anything can happen but the Knicks aren’t a championship caliber team.

538 had Atlanta as a 70%+ favorite to win the series but the betting line was even.

NY fans are loyal with a lot of money.  For the rest of the country there are good odds on betting against them.  

props to the knicks for splitting their home games.

Suns look like a bunch of Simmons' out here from 3.  Ice. Cold.
are we really doing this? We really want to talk about the guy on #1 team in the East who had a game the other night of 15 assists and 15 rebounds, but only look at one slim aspect.

Are we willfully ignoring the iso-guy who wants to chuck balls up as he goes 3 for 12, with 3 rebounds and 1 mercy assist awarded to him. Following that up by feigning a poke in the eye so he can escape the embarrassment of a game that the supposed leader of a team is in? 

I’ve been firmly in the Jordan > Lebron camp but If he manages to win again this year I’ll have to (reluctantly) consider them essentially equals.  

I’ve been firmly in the Jordan > Lebron camp but If he manages to win again this year I’ll have to (reluctantly) consider them essentially equals.  
it's hard to say because Lebron is not really playing well at all. But it is impressive how the Lakers can limp into the playoffs, and seemingly have a ticket to the finals through a pretty easy playoff schedule. I hope that the Nuggets can give them a good fight, i just don't know if they can

are we really doing this? We really want to talk about the guy on #1 team in the East who had a game the other night of 15 assists and 15 rebounds, but only look at one slim aspect.

Are we willfully ignoring the iso-guy who wants to chuck balls up as he goes 3 for 12, with 3 rebounds and 1 mercy assist awarded to him. Following that up by feigning a poke in the eye so he can escape the embarrassment of a game that the supposed leader of a team is in? 
The focus was on the Suns' anemic 3 pt shooting, not Simmons.

Every player has a weakness.  Well, maybe not MJ or LBJ

Can everyone just lighten up about stuff?

NBA fandom is serious business.
NBA fandom has just gone nuts. It is strange comparing the current NBA to the other 3 main sports in the country. Just seems to be such a stand alone from the other 3, and a lot of those are not good things.

I mean look at the NBA media over the last 3-4 days. there is maybe 8% of all NBA media stories about analysis of an NBA game. just a strange path the NBA seems on, and maybe it is because it is so heavy into the ESPN/Sportscenter world that it has gone away from the actual play.

it's hard to say because Lebron is not really playing well at all. But it is impressive how the Lakers can limp into the playoffs, and seemingly have a ticket to the finals through a pretty easy playoff schedule. I hope that the Nuggets can give them a good fight, i just don't know if they can
He’s averaged 20/8/5.  He’s 36, coming back from an injury and is still pretty damn unstoppable 1:1.  And they are up 2-1 on the 2 seed.  I’m not saying they win it all - I don’t think they will but if he does it’s another huge statement in his GOAT discussion.  And I’m not really a fan - and don’t want the Lakers to win.

Oh man, Donte DiVincenzo is out for the rest of the playoffs. Wont matter this round but the Bucks needed him versus Nets. 

Shams
Ladies & gentleman, the wide, wide world of basketball is about to get to know the force for hoop excellence that is Vermont Academy graduate Jordan Nwora. NObody stands in a corner, looking anxiously back and forth, and makes a cool third of the wide-open shooting opportunities which present themselves when the ball ends up in his hands like Vermont Academy graduate, Louisville alum and 45th pick in the 2020 NBA draft Jordan Nwora. You've been warned...

Users who are viewing this thread