What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (4 Viewers)

Marc Stein @TheSteinLine

Indiana remains Gordon Hayward's preferred destination, league sources say, which requires a sign-and-trade with the Celtics to net the former Butler star a deal estimated in the four-year, $100 million range

The Knicks remain in the Hayward hunt with salary-cap space, league sources say, but have held firm on lower figures than Indiana's Hayward has a huge admirer in Tom Thibodeau and the Knicks, I'm told, have shown some willingness tonight to go beyond an initial two-year offer

10:53 PM · Nov 20, 2020

Bucks oddly quiet tonight. Hoping they’re working on getting Sacramento involved in the Holiday trade so they can still end up with Bogie, too.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Free agent G Pat Connaughton has agreed to a two-year, $8.3M deal to return to the Milwaukee Bucks, agents Jeff Schwartz and Jordan Gertler of @excelsm_bball tell ESPN.

11:14 PM · Nov 20, 2020

Marc Stein @TheSteinLine

Indiana remains Gordon Hayward's preferred destination, league sources say, which requires a sign-and-trade with the Celtics to net the former Butler star a deal estimated in the four-year, $100 million range

The Knicks remain in the Hayward hunt with salary-cap space, league sources say, but have held firm on lower figures than Indiana's Hayward has a huge admirer in Tom Thibodeau and the Knicks, I'm told, have shown some willingness tonight to go beyond an initial two-year offer

10:53 PM · Nov 20, 2020
Good for the Knicks holding out here and not caving in to overpay. Happy for them to try and actually try to get themselves out of the basement. and as Boston drags this out they are ruining the opportunity for Heyward, i would think. Will end up with him taking less money and probably signing with NYK, unless Boston wants to sign him for a nice low price too 

It is funny with all of these things with the Celtics, the only one they ever have info from is Boston. You don't hear a peep from Indiana here

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-free-agency-a-look-at-the-top-100-players-on-the-market-from-fred-vanvleet-to-wenyen-gabriel/

Top 100 free agents...a few thoughts:

*Not much star power but some real nice players for contenders to beef up their rosters with if the price is right

*I refuse to believe Nerlins Noel is 26 years old...and Noah Vonleh is 25?

*Josh Jackson went from a guy who had some drooling over him before he got drafted to an afterthought

*I hear Harry Giles mentioned with the C's...worth a flyer and I guess he is a buddy of Tatum's

*Jahlil Okafor went from the #3 pick to not even making the top 100 free agent list
weird there isn't anything much out there with Van Vleet and Bogdan

Buckle up - night ain’t over. 

Woj 

New Orleans and Milwaukee are expanding the original Jrue Holiday trade to include more teams and players, including the routing of Steven Adams to the Pelicans, sources tell ESPN. Talks are moving toward a possible four-team trade.

Can’t keep up (neither can Ariza😞

Stein

The Dallas/Oklahoma City trade has been expanded to include Detroit and the pieces are moving so fast that I typed the expanded deal incorrectly: 

The Mavsget James Johnson 

Delon Wright goes to Detroit 

The Thunder receive Trevor Ariza, Justin Jackson and draft compensation

Woj 

New Orleans and Milwaukee are expanding the original Jrue Holiday trade to include more teams and players, including the routing of Steven Adams to the Pelicans, sources tell ESPN. Talks are moving toward a possible four-team trade.
Zion and Adams setting brick wall screens all game will not be a pleasant experience for opposing teams. 

this would have been fun:

Keith Smith

@KeithSmithNBA

There have been discussions tonight that grew to involve as many as 7 teams involved in one trade:

DAL

DET

HOU

MIL

NOP

OKC

PHI

Will likely break up into smaller trades, but there was a 7-team version talked at one point.

this would have been fun:

Keith Smith

@KeithSmithNBA

There have been discussions tonight that grew to involve as many as 7 teams involved in one trade:

DAL

DET

HOU

MIL

NOP

OKC

PHI

Will likely break up into smaller trades, but there was a 7-team version talked at one point.
And Ariza will probably be a part of all the separate smaller trades

Woj 

I’m hoping this is the deal that brings us Brohanovic. That said, I’m sure I’m just setting myself up for more disappointment... :kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
“Thunder will have traded with 12 teams since moratorium lifted if this Pelicans/Nuggets 3-way deal goes through. In 5 days Sam Presti has made deals w/ more than 1/3 of NBA (Lakers, Wolves, Suns, 76ers, Warriors, Boston, Knicks, Wizards; now Mavericks, Pistons, NOP, and Denver).”

weird there isn't anything much out there with Van Vleet and Bogdan
The only teams with real space left are New York (29), Charlotte(19) and Atlanta(25)

New York would seemingly be the most logical for van vleet, aside from toronto.  

the initial reporting yesterday was that bogdan was going to Atlanta but haven’t seen anything since.  His agent is probably trying to figure which team to go to after he agrees and reneges with the hawks.

I’m hoping this is the deal that brings us Brohanovic. That said, I’m sure I’m just setting myself up for more disappointment... :kicksrock:
I don’t think the league will allow that at this point. 

The only teams with real space left are New York (29), Charlotte(19) and Atlanta(25)

the initial reporting yesterday was that bogdan was going to Atlanta but haven’t seen anything since.  His agent is probably trying to figure which team to go to after he agrees and reneges with the hawks.
Lakers were mentioned too, but I’m not sure what they’d have of interest to offer in a sign and trade. I think there’s a decent chance the Kings still match a reasonable offer and instead try to trade Hield. Some of the deals yesterday suggest Hield isn’t as wildly overpaid as some think. 

Thunder getting George Hill, Darius Millrr, picks, picks and more picks in Steven Adams deal.

So how long does Hill remain a member of the Thunder?

Long Ball Larry said:
“Thunder will have traded with 12 teams since moratorium lifted if this Pelicans/Nuggets 3-way deal goes through. In 5 days Sam Presti has made deals w/ more than 1/3 of NBA (Lakers, Wolves, Suns, 76ers, Warriors, Boston, Knicks, Wizards; now Mavericks, Pistons, NOP, and Denver).”
All I know is the Thunder G League affiliate is going to dominate for the next ten years

And now the teams have to process these in the right order for cap reasons. Nba needs a less complex way of doing things. 
I agree...from a fan standpoint it takes away some of the fun since you you need an abacus, a protractor and a bottle of advil to figure things out.

Long Ball Larry said:

There’s rumblings (Alan Hahn whose plugged in) that the Knicks are trying for both FVF and Bogdan, basically telling them they’d be the core of the team going forward.  I sort of just wish they’d get more assets, but that’d at least make them interesting.

Thunder getting George Hill, Darius Millrr, picks, picks and more picks in Steven Adams deal.

So how long does Hill remain a member of the Thunder?
I picture him in his driveway in a mini-van drinking a coffee with his bags packed waiting for a call from Presti.

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Restricted free agent De’Anthony Melton has agreed to four-year, $35M deal with the Memphis Grizzlies, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

10:51 AM · Nov 21, 2020

The Lakers trying to make a deal for Bogdanovic?

In January, I reported that the Lakers had trade talks with the Kings, who offered Nemanja Bjelica and a pick to the Lakers for Kyle Kuzma, and Los Angeles countered by asking for Bogdan Bogdanovic. L.A.’s pursuit hasn’t stopped. On Friday, The Athletic’s Sam Amick and Eric Nehm reported that the Lakers are pursuing a sign-and-trade for Bogdanovic, who’s sign-and-trade deal to the Bucks fell apart. League sources confirmed the report: The Lakers are indeed pursuing Bogdanovic, though the Hawks are considered the favorites.

The Kings may not have wanted to trade Bogdanovic to the Lakers before the deadline, but now they don’t have much of a choice. The alternative is losing him to the Hawks (or another team with cap space such as the Knicks), to an offer sheet that’s more than they’d like to spend, multiple league sources say. Of course, the Kings could match any offer sheet he receives. But they just drafted a guard in Tyrese Haliburton, gave $163 million to De’Aaron Fox, and still have a disgruntled Buddy Hield. Maybe, just maybe, the Kings would be better off taking KCP and Kuzma even if it means helping their interstate rivals get better.
Would the Lakers better off with Bogdanovic rather than Kuzma and whatever other player they could get for Caldwell-Pope's money (or less)?

The Lakers trying to make a deal for Bogdanovic?

Would the Lakers better off with Bogdanovic rather than Kuzma and whatever other player they could get for Caldwell-Pope's money (or less)?
The Lakers biggest hole/question mark is still perimeter shooting.   Bogdanovic would be a huge upgrade there.  KCP has range--but his shot is not the most consistent.  He's very streaky.    I think the dream scenario is somehow being able to get bogdanovic and retaining KCP.  Kuzma is a younger player with more future upside than KCP--but if they are playing to win this season and next season--he's probably the guy that helps the roster least short term out of those 3 guys. 

Shtick question that’s kind of not shtick. If the Raps won the title or the East, and they played all their home playoff games in Tampa, would they leave a banner there and in Toronto?

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Free agent Avery Bradley has agreed to a two-year, $11.6M deal with the Miami Heat, his agent Charles Briscoe tells @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

12:40 PM · Nov 21, 2020

https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/status/1330217292395933698

Congrats to Charlotte finally getting their guy 6 years later!!!  Congrats @Desert_Power !!!
:lol: I still remember seeing the "Welcome Gordon Hayward" on the big screen outside the arena when he was visiting for that.

Every time I think this team maybe gets it and wants to build around their youth they go splurge on a ridiculous contract. And not even for a position of need. Hopefully they have a way to unload Terry Rozier.

:lol: I still remember seeing the "Welcome Gordon Hayward" on the big screen outside the arena when he was visiting for that.

Every time I think this team maybe gets it and wants to build around their youth they go splurge on a ridiculous contract. And not even for a position of need. Hopefully they have a way to unload Terry Rozier.
lol, that is a lot of money for him, didn't think he could get $30 million a year still. Will be interesting to see the details, I imagine the 4 year for $120 million is the absolute max, and i would think it is more similar to other contracts with a lot of bonuses built in. 

I guess good for Heyward too, dude knows how to get paid. 

:o  Celtics should’ve taken Turner & Mcdermott.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Free agent Gordon Hayward is signing a 4-year, $120M deal with Charlotte, per source.

12:28 PM · Nov 21, 2020
Traitor Danny will blame it on the number (which i indeed dont think the Pacers would have offered - they're only $5mil under the tax and Turner/McDermott are $25mil together) but this factchecks him for all time

Traitor Danny will blame it on the number (which i indeed dont think the Pacers would have offered - they're only $5mil under the tax and Turner/McDermott are $25mil together) but this factchecks him for all time
I am becoming a fan of Traitor Danny. Pretty sure he will also spin that he was working on getting just Myles Turner, and INdiana is the one who pulled out of the deal. 

:shrug:

getting Turner seemed to good to be true
agreed. it was just funny how the news was spun the way it was, that Turner was already a guarantee and it was just coming down to if they got Warren or Oladipo. 

Celtics' fans should still be happy, Danny was able to get another spastic kid with the 1st round pick of Payton Prichard

Users who are viewing this thread