What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (12 Viewers)

Bravo to Draymond Green for his comments in the post game interview.  I might not always agree with the dude--but I 100% respect his brutal honesty. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvJ1MX4m1CI
see, Draymond - that's why they give you the money.

you're getting $22million this season to advance the aims of the people who run the business you work for. the fans to which you supply that immense public service of running & jumping & shooting & and giving googly eyes to refs pick up that tab of a quarter mil every time you lace em up without any idea whether or not you'll be having load-mgmt or personal-reason issues on the one day a year they can afford to take the kids to see you play. play a game for $37.40 and not be allowed a pee break, then get back to me.

Seems to me like the Cavs are doing the right thing for Drummond.  Same with Blake Griffin and the Pistons.  Since the teams do not want to start these guys any longer, it is better for the guys to just sit out the games rather than play bit roles off the bench.  By sitting out, at least these guys may still be perceived as starters in this league.

Seems to me like the Cavs are doing the right thing for Drummond.  Same with Blake Griffin and the Pistons.  Since the teams do not want to start these guys any longer, it is better for the guys to just sit out the games rather than play bit roles off the bench.  By sitting out, at least these guys may still be perceived as starters in this league.
The Andre/Blake situations are not parallel. Blake has asked for a trade or for a buyout and the Pistons are trying to accommodate him.  Andre did not ask to be traded.  Cleveland announced to the world/league that Jarrett Allen is their starting center and that Andre would be benched until they found a trade partner.  Harden basically did the same thing as a player--did not show up to camp and did not play until he got traded and he got crucified.  The Cavs are basically forcing Andre to do the same thing that Harden did--but their reputations are not getting questioned at all--while Harden was treated as if he was an embrassment. 

see, Draymond - that's why they give you the money.

you're getting $22million this season to advance the aims of the people who run the business you work for. the fans to which you supply that immense public service of running & jumping & shooting & and giving googly eyes to refs pick up that tab of a quarter mil every time you lace em up without any idea whether or not you'll be having load-mgmt or personal-reason issues on the one day a year they can afford to take the kids to see you play. play a game for $37.40 and not be allowed a pee break, then get back to me.
For every dollar that Draymond and every other NBA player makes--there is an owner making a lot more.  Why don't you use the same justifications for investment bankers?  These players generate a lot more money than they earn and are the best in the world at what they do.   The same person paying Draymond is also paying Steph, klay, Wiggins and the rest of the team.  It's funny how you expect the people who are actually providing the entertainment to be the ones who sacrifice their salaries to make tickets more affordable. How come the notion that the owners actually dip into their exponentially deeper pockets Is not a consideration?

Last edited by a moderator:
For every dollar that Draymond and every other NBA player makes--there is an owner making a lot more.  Why don't you use the same justifications for investment bankers?  These players generate a lot more money than they earn and are the best in the world at what they do.   The same person paying Draymond is also paying Steph, klay, Wiggins and the rest of the team.  It's funny how you expect the people who are actually providing the entertainment to be the ones who sacrifice their salaries to make tickets more affordable. How come the notion that the owners actually dip into their exponentially deeper pockets Is not a consideration?
apple, meet orange.

my point was not at all about money except to clarify that his talent has been contracted for use however the contractor sees fit, unless otherwise stipulated. my point was that jumping up & down is not a public service - it is an entertainment that mostly common people pay to see, and that the average baller currently exhibits less respect for the ticket buyer than the contracting team does for the baller, so he should count his dough, lose some weight and practice his shot.

I don't go out of my way to watch T-wolves games unless they're playing an L.A. team, but are their announcers always so impartial and polite? They don't complain about the refs, aren't especially biased toward Minnesota, they admit when they make a mistake. It's pretty refreshing compared to some other broadcast teams that cry like typical homers with microphones.

Joe Bryant said:
Do not just :lmao:  at a post. If you disagree, state why. If you just want to laugh at people, find another board. 
🤣

Jesus Christ, now the rolling emoji can't be used.  This board used to be required reading for me, I have been moving more and more to reddit and realGM.  It's a damn wokeathon in here.  Joe you have ruined what was one of the most enjoyable reads on the internet for me.  

FYI.......that is me stating why I disagree

🤣

Jesus Christ, now the rolling emoji can't be used.  This board used to be required reading for me, I have been moving more and more to reddit and realGM.  It's a damn wokeathon in here.  Joe you have ruined what was one of the most enjoyable reads on the internet for me.  

Reddit is ultra toxic. Especially for sports.

knicks will wind up with a lottery pick and it won’t be their own, but someone else’s.  makes the porzingis trade a lot more interesting.

Blazers playing surprisingly well w/o Nurkic and McCollum. 

Bob Covington and Jones Jr were terrific acquisitions. They needed guys that'd play ANY defense more than any team in the league this offseason.

Assuming full health, they're a much much more interesting playoff team this year IMO. Bob and Jones Jr can both play defense any position.

the end of this Hawks-C's game is just silly. for the last 3 minutes of the game, every time C's miss a shot the ref calls a foul. it is pretty much automatic, i thought Nate McMillan was going to literally throw the ref

the end of this Hawks-C's game is just silly. for the last 3 minutes of the game, every time C's miss a shot the ref calls a foul. it is pretty much automatic, i thought Nate McMillan was going to literally throw the ref
Didn't matter.  They couldn't stop Trey Young at all.

The C's are what there record is, a .500 team in the East.  :yucky:

Didn't matter.  They couldn't stop Trey Young at all.

The C's are what there record is, a .500 team in the East.  :yucky:
yeah, i thought they would show up and bet them -3 tonight  :kicksrock:

not sure what they need to fix, seem to have a few issues, and they just don't seem motivated

🤣

It’s all good , the 🤡 is the new :lmao:

yeah, i thought they would show up and bet them -3 tonight  :kicksrock:

not sure what they need to fix, seem to have a few issues, and they just don't seem motivated
It seems to be their defense most often, but tonight turnovers were a problem as well.  I only watched the second half, but every time they cut the lead down, Tatum or Brown would kick it out of bounds a couple of times and then Trey would hit a 3 and the lead was back to 8 or 9.

Tough loss for my Pels. Had 2 open looks at the end and bricked both :(   Man, Dame Lillard is good. Really good. We had no answer for him. I've seen highlights but this was the first whole game I've watched him play.  Also, Still not sure why we are entertaining trading Lonzo Ball. He's a really good passer and seems to lead our offense well. Brandon Ingram is good, but doesn't seem to have the same clutchness in tight situations, like last night. He completely missed the pick and roll to Zion in the final seconds. Like didn't even look at Zion, where SVG said the play was designed to go. 

It seems to be their defense most often, but tonight turnovers were a problem as well.  I only watched the second half, but every time they cut the lead down, Tatum or Brown would kick it out of bounds a couple of times and then Trey would hit a 3 and the lead was back to 8 or 9.

Tough loss for my Pels. Had 2 open looks at the end and bricked both :(   Man, Dame Lillard is good. Really good. We had no answer for him. I've seen highlights but this was the first whole game I've watched him play.  Also, Still not sure why we are entertaining trading Lonzo Ball. He's a really good passer and seems to lead our offense well. Brandon Ingram is good, but doesn't seem to have the same clutchness in tight situations, like last night. He completely missed the pick and roll to Zion in the final seconds. Like didn't even look at Zion, where SVG said the play was designed to go. 
i guess future stars gotta grow on their own on no-account teams, then be assembled onto SuperTeams once they've made Big Dog status (the D will be laughable, but no one's playing it anyways). STILL waiting for Simmons and Embiid to run a play together; Brad Stevens has taken to staggering the Jays' PT and letting them take turns being the Kawhi (i'm the most talented player on the floor so i should be the point no matter how few skillz i have for it) while Kemba figures himself out as a 2-guard and Maaaacus Smaaaat heals; and i watched 3 Pels game in the last coupla weeks and dint see Ingram & Zion look at each other. dont think i will outlive the "rep" phase of my favorite game...

I don't go out of my way to watch T-wolves games unless they're playing an L.A. team, but are their announcers always so impartial and polite? They don't complain about the refs, aren't especially biased toward Minnesota, they admit when they make a mistake. It's pretty refreshing compared to some other broadcast teams that cry like typical homers with microphones.
Actually yes. They have a reputation as among the best in the league. Which, as we all know, is more important than winning games so being a Wolves fan is pretty sweet. 

Exact opposite of Raptors announcers.  Worst in sports.  You should try watching a Canadian broadcast of a Raps game....... it's pure cringe and unwatchable.

Ingram and Zion seem to be 2 individuals playing on the "same team".

JMO They're going to have to shell out for Lonzo. Can't imagine he'll get less than what Rubio got. Feeling the itch to pay Steven FN Adams $17-18m/yr on yet another deal but not paying Lonzo is a tough pill to swallow. Maybe he's a good locker room guy but he should at best be in the that $8-10mil/yr range. 

It's quite funny. I think Lonzo (a facilitator) is exactly what the Pellies need.

Ingram and Zion seem to be 2 individuals playing on the "same team".

JMO They're going to have to shell out for Lonzo. Can't imagine he'll get less than what Rubio got. Feeling the itch to pay Steven FN Adams $17-18m/yr on yet another deal but not paying Lonzo is a tough pill to swallow. Maybe he's a good locker room guy but he should at best be in the that $8-10mil/yr range. 

It's quite funny. I think Lonzo (a facilitator) is exactly what the Pellies need.
I agree. Took him a little bit to find his way, but I think he's falling right into place. I hope he stays.  And I know a lot were down on Adams when we got him, but I really like the way he plays for us, and he's a good compliment for Zion when they're in together. 

And if you haven't watched a Pels game, you should. Zion is an absolute freak of nature. A TWENTY year old kid already dominating and is virtually unstoppable within 15 feet. And the scary thing is, he's only going to improve. 

gotta tell ya, i've been around bball for 40 years.  Never heard of Anta until I saw Caruso signed with them. A quick search shows Klay, Hayward and others on their payroll ... I assume through the Fila brand.  3rd largest sportswear company.  Based in China.  I did know many of their subsidiaries (salomon, arcteryx, fila, atomic.)   Goes to show you can learn something new every day.

Yeesh. What a collapse by the Pellies at home in the 4th. Up 11 entering it. Outscored 41-12 during the quarter.

Don't know what it is with that team. They're loaded with talent but the only time IMO they look like a team is when Ball's facilitating the offense leading to easier buckets.

----------------------

Man, this would be wonderful for the Bulls....

They desperately desperately need a facilitator that can create easy shots for others. Coby can be a high volume scorer. I just think he's a 6th man ala Lou Williams. He's just not a PG :shrug:   

The Bulls are interested in trading for Lonzo Ball, Shams Charania reports.

They are one of a number of teams who will emerge as suitors for the PG. The Pelicans recently put Ball on the block, but he responded with some really strong play and it's unclear if their stance has changed. There has been no discussions between the Bulls and Pelicans yet, but this is a pretty clear sign that they don't have a lot of confidence in Coby White as their franchise point guard due to his struggles as a playmaker. 

Yeesh. What a collapse by the Pellies at home in the 4th. Up 11 entering it. Outscored 41-12 during the quarter.

Don't know what it is with that team. They're loaded with talent but the only time IMO they look like a team is when Ball's facilitating the offense leading to easier buckets.

----------------------

Man, this would be wonderful for the Bulls....

They desperately desperately need a facilitator that can create easy shots for others. Coby can be a high volume scorer. I just think he's a 6th man ala Lou Williams. He's just not a PG :shrug:   
Yes. Awful. :sadbanana:  So frustrating to watch.  SVG took Zion OUT of the game and it immediately went downhill. 

Would the Pelicans pay Lonzo $20 million per year? $27 million?

Should they? Yes, IMO. Our team is better when he's in the game. Will they? I don't know. Sadly, probably not. 
If the rumors about the Bulls interest is true (they would make sense but we don't know) I could see them offering Lonzo $20 to $27 in restricted free agency.  There really aren't a lot of good PGs available.  It would be an interesting match decision for the Pels. 

Those pink gradient ones? They fit the 90's Vice City theme but I'm not a huge fan. I don't really like the green/blue Maverick ones either. The orange Jazz unis are OK.

Draymond is going to have some words about the refs after tonight's game. They've been terrible and he just got ejected with 9 seconds left.

Link: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1363327653575417859
This is the reason I can't stand Draymond.  I like his hustle, non-stat effective on his team, but his complete disrespect of officials is off-putting.

They are people too, doing the absolute best they can at an incredibly difficult job.  All he ever does is try and manipulate them, flail and flop, but then get mad when he thinks they are wrong.  Most of the time he's the one who is wrong and just constantly tries to show them up.

Lebron: 25.9P, 8.2R, 7.9A, 1.0S, 0.4B, 51FG%, 70FT%
Joel: 30.5P, 11.0R, 3.2A, 1.3S, 1.3B, 55FG%, 85FT%

Why is Lebron still such a heavy Vegas favourite to win MVP?

More reviews in this Celts-Pels game would be ideal.
Video reviews are out of control.  I'd prefer they get rid of it altogether.  Totally ruins the end of close games now.  ...and, let's go to the Elam ending while we're fixing the ends of basketball games.

Lebron: 25.9P, 8.2R, 7.9A, 1.0S, 0.4B, 51FG%, 70FT%
Joel: 30.5P, 11.0R, 3.2A, 1.3S, 1.3B, 55FG%, 85FT%

Why is Lebron still such a heavy Vegas favourite to win MVP?
LBJ makes his teammates better. He could pad his stats even more if all we do is look at numbers like this. He's simply a better basketball player 

Users who are viewing this thread