What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (6 Viewers)

I’ve always found Aaron Gordon super overrated, but maybe Denver’s environment and playing with Jokic will be a good fit.
I think he was overrated, but probabaly sufficiently rated now. He's over matched as a offensive focal point and a shaky shooter, but he's a plus defender at either forward spot and still has plenty of athleticism. He's going to be the 5th option offensively for the Nuggets and should give Jokic an athletic running mate he hasn't had since Faried (the Faried-Jokic front court was very effective offensively and all Faried could do was dunk).

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Toronto is trading guard Matt Thomas to the Utah Jazz for a future second-round pick, source tells ESPN.

1:07 PM · Mar 25, 2021

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

The Hawks and Clippers are in serious talks on deal to send Rajon Rondo to L.A., sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

1:20 PM · Mar 25, 2021

Toronto is trading guard Matt Thomas to the Utah Jazz for a future second-round pick, source tells ESPN.

1:07 PM · Mar 25, 2021
with the moves Toronto has already made, it seems like this was done just to set up for a move from Lowery. would be strange for him to still be on the Raptors after all of this, and his free agency coming up this off-season

Who they heck are these people?  Hopefully they play defense and rebound.  
both former 1s, i think. Gaff showed promise last year but had a huge chance when WCJ got hurt early this season and did buttnuttin widdit. Hutchinson's an old-fashioned SF who cant stay healthy or shoot treys well enough to be a wing. probably fits scotty's picture of a 3 better than Deni does, so he can only get in the further way of his progress

Last edited by a moderator:
both former 1s, i think. Gaff showed promise last year but had a huge chance when WCJ got hurt early this season and did buttnuttin widdit. Hutchinson's an old-fashioned SF who cant stay healthy or shoot treys well enough to be a wing. probably fits scotty's picture of a 3 better than Deni does, so he can only get in the further way of his progress
Thanks,  I doubt anything matters as long as brooks is coaching.  I expect that's why they are keeping Beal.  Maybe a new coach can piece it together.   In 5 years never once have I though Brooks out-coached the opponent.  Pretty much every night it's the opposite.  Would it hurt the guy to run a play for Bertans or Deni?   Nothing like running every play for Beal and when it breaks apart having Westbrook dribble the ball off his leg.  Quality.

Thanks,  I doubt anything matters as long as brooks is coaching.  I expect that's why they are keeping Beal.  Maybe a new coach can piece it together.   In 5 years never once have I though Brooks out-coached the opponent.  Pretty much every night it's the opposite.  Would it hurt the guy to run a play for Bertans or Deni?   Nothing like running every play for Beal and when it breaks apart having Westbrook dribble the ball off his leg.  Quality.
yeah, Scotty gets credit for the Thunder when he should get the blame and is one of the coaches who just never will get trey-game spacing. at this point, he should just #####slap Westbrook every timeout til he gets killed or fired or the talented damfool shapes up, cuz he's dun after this. hello, Northwest South Dakota State!

Toronto is trading guard Terrence Davis to Sacramento for a future second round pick, source tells ESPN.

1:53 PM · Mar 25, 2021

Freeing up roster space for a Lowry trade? Not much time left.

To add, Gafford can dunk and block a few shots but doesn’t seem too bright nor possesses much of a basketball IQ.

Hutchison hasn’t played in over a month due to “personal reasons”. My belief is he demanded a trade and refused to play after Donovan dropped him from the rotation.  That hasn’t been confirmed though—just me reading between the lines. He is a poor shooter but rebounded well for his position and seemed to have some defensive potential. 

Overall, I’m happy to see both of them gone.

Toronto is trading guard Terrence Davis to Sacramento for a future second round pick, source tells ESPN.

Yeah, not sure what Ujiri's endgame is here.  He's probably playing 3-D chess, though.

The New Orleans Pelicans are close on a deal to send JJ Redick to the Dallas Mavericks, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

1:56 PM · Mar 25, 2021

Also: no Lonzo trade, per Woj. Staying in NOLA.
For NOLA, keeping Lonzo is the wise move.  He fits well with Zion.

shonuff duz look like he's making room for Maxie & his Pahds (Thybulle? Shake? etc)

The Hornets are acquiring Golden State's Brad Wanamaker, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

2:05 PM · Mar 25, 2021

Houston is trading Victor Oladipo to Miami, source tells ESPN.

2:08 PM · Mar 25, 2021

ETA: Houston is getting Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, and a draft swap.

Golden State has traded Marquese Chriss to the Spurs, source tells ESPN.

2:16 PM · Mar 25, 2021

Boston is trading center Daniel Theis to Chicago, sources tell ESPN.

2:18 PM · Mar 25, 2021

ETA: Mo Wagner going to the Celtics.

Houston is trading Victor Oladipo to Miami, source tells ESPN.

2:08 PM · Mar 25, 2021

ETA: Houston is getting Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, and a draft swap.
This is ####### brutal.  Miami just went from my 3rd fave team to my 3rd most hated team.  Guess I like the Rockets now.  Ugh.

Good move on Pellies (trying) to keep Lonzo. I think they're going to have to ante up for him this offseason. Was really hoping the Bulls would get their hands on him. Maybe they do this offseason. 

Shocking Lowry wasn't dealt. 

Unless there's last minute news (or news I just missed earlier), I think Drummond will get bought out. 

It's going to be tough to beat what the Rockets did this year in the worst trades for a superstar all-time rankings.  Real tough.  

Phew, I was afraid those crazy Lakers rumors were going to happen (Schroeder, KCP, THT). That never made sense to me from a Lakers perspective. 
yeah if the reports out there were true that Toronto was looking for Hero and Robinson from the Heat, or 2 1sts, Thybulle and Maxey, then it seems logical that Raptors were not really looking to move Lowery in the 1st place. 

The asking price was way too high for a guy going to be a free agent this summer. I guess Toronto may try to pull a sign and trade deal in the off-season or something like the Celtics and Hornets did with their swapping of Kemba Walker and Rozier, but it does seem like the asking price was higher than maybe it should have been

yeah if the reports out there were true that Toronto was looking for Hero and Robinson from the Heat, or 2 1sts, Thybulle and Maxey, then it seems logical that Raptors were not really looking to move Lowery in the 1st place. 

The asking price was way too high for a guy going to be a free agent this summer. I guess Toronto may try to pull a sign and trade deal in the off-season or something like the Celtics and Hornets did with their swapping of Kemba Walker and Rozier, but it does seem like the asking price was higher than maybe it should have been
Pelinka seems to run a tight ship as far as leaks go, so I’m assuming all the Lakers chatter with Toronto was mainly Ujiri trying to drive up the asking price. 

This is ####### brutal.  Miami just went from my 3rd fave team to my 3rd most hated team.  Guess I like the Rockets now.  Ugh.
i think there has to be more to that trade. If Miami only gave up Bradley and Olynyk for Oladipo, that is a huge win for Miami. Maybe nobody else was even trying to get Oladipo? I just can't imagine his value has dropped that low

i think there has to be more to that trade. If Miami only gave up Bradley and Olynyk for Oladipo, that is a huge win for Miami. Maybe nobody else was even trying to get Oladipo? I just can't imagine his value has dropped that low
Olynyk is huge 

Olynyk is huge 
yeah he isn't too bad, and maybe i am just viewing Oladipo like he is the guy from a year or 2 ago in the playoffs with Pacers, and leading that team pretty high after the Paul George trade. Maybe his injuries have taken a bigger thought than i imagined.

Will make Heat tough, but i don't know if they are tough enough to battle 2 of the Bucks, Sixers and Nets

yeah he isn't too bad, and maybe i am just viewing Oladipo like he is the guy from a year or 2 ago in the playoffs with Pacers, and leading that team pretty high after the Paul George trade. Maybe his injuries have taken a bigger thought than i imagined.

Will make Heat tough, but i don't know if they are tough enough to battle 2 of the Bucks, Sixers and Nets
I think it can definitely put them in the conversation with Sixers, Bucks, Nets.  Very clear top 4 now in the East.  2nd and 3rd round in the East is going to be amazing.

Lonzo is staying in New Orleans.
I have mixed feelings as someone that pulls for the Pelicans. He has definitely improved his shot this year, but he seems wildly inconsistent. I would have loved to see them trade for Cam Reddish to get some 3 point shooters to open up things for Zion even more (not that he is hurting when it comes to scoring in the paint ;)  ) 

Boston is trading center Daniel Theis to Chicago, sources tell ESPN.

2:18 PM · Mar 25, 2021

ETA: Mo Wagner going to the Celtics.

Apparently that gets Celtic under tax line.
such BS. Traitor Danny at it again. Leprechaun, AB, Theis, the guys who left it all on the floor - one gets Kyried, the other two dumped for cap savings. yeah, i wanna bust my hump for that guy...

Users who are viewing this thread