Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Cade Cunningham excited to get to Detroit and demand what real franchise he wants to be traded to


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GUESS WHAT I AM DOING TODAY??????                 Going to see the Knicks @ Clippers in staples -- wooot wooot, been so long. then... heading for mali

oh my sweet jesus the swcer is in disbelief take that to the bank brohans

Guys, this thread sucks every year. 

8 hours ago, Jayrod said:

Honestly, I'm kind meh on the Knicks as well.  I was excited about the Hornets, but they've lost their luster with the injuries.

My non-fan rooting interests:

  1. Nuggets - Jokic is just too cool to watch right now.  Been in love with his game for a couple of years now.
  2. Bucks - I like Giannis and think he has put in the work to earn a ring sooner rather than later.  He tries to just run through a brick wall too often, but he's got a lot of heart for a guy so naturally gifted.  He's like the opposite of Ben Simmons.
  3. Suns - I would like to see the Point God get some hardware and I like their style of play
  4. Jazz - Mitchell/Conley are a great tandem and I really like Gobert (I know a lot don't)
  5. Mavericks - Doncic/Porzingis can be fun to watch, but a little green and just not a complete team yet.

Teams I will be rooting against:

  1. Nets - F this bunch of ring buying frauds.  I dislike each of their big-3 (each for different reasons) and liked the team from 2 years ago before they shipped half of them away.
  2. Sixers - I've never liked Embiid's "I'm the greatest" schtick before he's done anything and my less-gifted self resents Simmons for not figuring out how to shoot...and also modogg.
  3. Lakers - a lesser version of the Nets with one ring already purchased on their fingers.  I've been annoyed with LeBron for the last 5 years or so and his off court crap is getting real old.
  4. Warriors - Draymond Green is still on the team, Kerr's rubbed me the wrong way a few times now and Curry shimmies and dances too much for a guy on a sub-500 team.
  5. Hawks - I just don't like Trae Young.  He's another guy who's attitude doesn't seem to match his accomplishments like Embiid but plays like a poor man's Harden.

Fun list... stealing your format.

My non-fan rooting interests:

  1. Blazers - Amazing city, Amazing people.  They've been close to being relevant for so long but just can't get over the hump.  Dame is a straight killer, and would be awesome to see him in a deep playoff run.
  2. Hornets - Was a big fan of them in the early 90's when I was young, so kind of have a soft spot from them. Such a fun team to watch and cheer for, and love their home court.  I wanted to dislike Ball but he's so fun to watch and he'll be back soon.
  3. Suns - Love how they play and they're kind of the underdog of the top 8 teams in the league.
  4. Mavs - Doncic is so fun to watch. 

Teams I will be rooting against:

  1. Nets - I hate Kyrie and Harden.  And never been a fan of the whole 'teaming up with 3 all-stars' team building.
  2. Lakers- Dislike Lebron.  Also hate all 16 teams across the 4 main sports from NY and LA.
  3. Celtics - Self-Explanatory.  Can't cheer for rivals. 
  4. Heat - The second they traded Kelly away they went from my 3rd fave team to my 4th least fave team.
  5. Raptors- Won't make the playoffs anyways, but they just belong on any hate list I make.
  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, modogg said:

Was there loss to Portland tonight (have to admit, really delighted in that) them simply having too many injuries to battle, or do they really not care too much about the 1 seed? They will certainly be frightening in the playoffs, but i love the idea of them having to possibly play Miami 1st round, and the Bucks in the 2nd

Mostly an injury thing IMO—that roster isn’t so special when you subtract KD and Harden. Also doesn’t help that Claxton went out and got covid in Miami. Really going to hurt his MVP odds, Jokic probably runs away with it now.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, caustic said:

Mostly an injury thing IMO—that roster isn’t so special when you subtract KD and Harden. Also doesn’t help that Claxton went out and got covid in Miami. Really going to hurt his MVP odds, Jokic probably runs away with it now.

it is interesting to think about if Nets fans enjoyed rooting for the team more with the home grown talent and upswing from last 2-3 years, or enjoy the current product more.

For me, i enjoy watching Mike James on the floor, and glad to see Shamet bouncing back after he went to LA.

Will be more fun come playoff team to see how these teams shake out, you think Brooklyn will take a game or both with the Milwaukee games coming up? those should be fun, pretty sure Milwaukee will be up for them.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, modogg said:

it is interesting to think about if Nets fans enjoyed rooting for the team more with the home grown talent and upswing from last 2-3 years, or enjoy the current product more.

For me, i enjoy watching Mike James on the floor, and glad to see Shamet bouncing back after he went to LA.

Will be more fun come playoff team to see how these teams shake out, you think Brooklyn will take a game or both with the Milwaukee games coming up? those should be fun, pretty sure Milwaukee will be up for them.  

So far that ‘18-‘19 season was more fun for me just because they were a great story and crushed expectations so hard that year. A lot of parallels to this year’s Knicks. Expectations are obviously higher this year, and most of the season has been spent waiting for the whole team to be healthy. Once they win some playoff series I think I’ll start having more fun. 

If they want to get the 1 seed they better at least split with Milwaukee—since it’s not a back to back hopefully KD can play both games. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chaos Commish said:

Brilliant 60 piece for Tatum. Take a bunch of reaching to list 24 better players. Man is stone cold elite. Said so last year. What a performance. Whew.

Trade him now while his value is high. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Chaos Commish said:

Brilliant 60 piece for Tatum. Take a bunch of reaching to list 24 better players. Man is stone cold elite. Said so last year. What a performance. Whew.

I was being conservative and trying to avoid an argument when I said he was top 25. I would put him some where between 10 and 15. If you factor in age he would probably be a top 10 player l you want for the next 10 years. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, modogg said:

Happy to discuss other teams, would love to hear and speak more about the Grizzlies, but doesn't seem to be any Grizzlies fns near here. Easily one of the most fun teams to watch and their potential is pretty high.

...

Would love to discus the Raptors, with their interesting season (think they should have traded Lowery), and the realistic opinion on if Chris Boucher is legit. 

Memphis - Love Ja Morant's ability to control an offense and his willingness to give the ball up.  He needs to improve that shot from 3 and commit a bit more on defense.  He has 'it' but needs to show a big jump in some skill each off-season.  Not sure we're getting that yet.  Love JJJs shot blocking and outside shot, but he's never been a great rebounder and hasn't been the type of all-NBA defender I thought he could be coming out of Mich St.

Biggest frustration watching the Grizzlies is Dillon Brooks.  He plays hard on defense but he's all over the place sometimes.  The real problem is his offense though.  He just keeps shooting...all the time.  He has to realize he isn't the top option for any NBA team.  I doubt that changes, so it's probably time to move him into a 6th man role. 

Biggest whiff as an organization was investing significant commodities to acquire Justice Winslow.  I just don't get how he fits on this team or makes sense on a really good squad.  On the opposite end of that, I love Brandon Clarke's play.  He is so smooth on both ends and can fit with almost anybody on the court.

...

Toronto - Sinking ship IMO.  They are where the Spurs were after Kawhi Leonard left.  Good enough to compete for the playoffs, but not bad enough to draft difference makers.  The Spurs took too long to realize this (if they even have) and the Raptors may be making that same mistake. 

Toronto should trade again for the best player(s) they can or they should go the opposite route.  No idea what Masai Ujiri is really doing right now.

As far as Chris Boucher goes, he's legit and has been a player since his time at Oregon.  He's skinny but is a great shot blocker and he continues to develop his outside shot.  He was keeping Jordan Bell on the bench at C as a Duck, but an injury slowed down his progress for a bit.  No more, glad to see him overcome that setback and establish himself.

20 hours ago, modogg said:

happy to discuss the Nets some more. Funny, but for me, i can't figure out how i feel about them. They have caught tons of hate, and i can't figure out if i have such vile hate for them too, or if i genuinely feel bad for most of their guys and their bad luck with injuries. I like Kyrie and KD, and think they catch a lot of hate that isn't really warranted. Just mainstream fair weather fan reactions. 

Gotta give credit to the Nets organization.  They've been missing huge numbers of games from the big 3, but they're still looking like the #1 seed in the East.  That's a huge credit to the depth the team built, the ability of the coaching staff to hit the ground running in year 1, and to the veterans the team added.

I understand why some will dislike Harden/Kyrie/or Durant, but that's one dangerous team.  If they can win a title this season, they may end up rattling off two or three in a row.  This is the season to get them...before they get a ring together and realize that's all any of those guys are really playing for at this point of their careers.

Edited by trader jake
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, modogg said:

it is interesting to think about if Nets fans enjoyed rooting for the team more with the home grown talent and upswing from last 2-3 years, or enjoy the current product more.

For me, i enjoy watching Mike James on the floor, and glad to see Shamet bouncing back after he went to LA.

Will be more fun come playoff team to see how these teams shake out, you think Brooklyn will take a game or both with the Milwaukee games coming up? those should be fun, pretty sure Milwaukee will be up for them.  

Asa Laker fan observing all the great young talent they've passed around the league, I have considered the possibilites. Then I see the banner hanging in Staples, and yeah that half second of wondering goes away. Nets fans will love this championship more than anything that has ever happened with the franchise. It's about rings, banners and parades in the end.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d put this current Thunder squad right up there with the early Process-era 76ers. Off the charts bad. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Shocking loss by the Wolves. They had gotten quite good (well, 3 games or so) at closing out when they had a lead. But I suppose I don't want them to win too many games.

2. Edwards > Ball

  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pacers were up by 70 at one point today against the Thunder? That’s a big number. Ended up winning by 57 for the large road victory in league history. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

The Pacers were up by 70 at one point today against the Thunder? That’s a big number. Ended up winning by 57 for the large road victory in league history. 

Sabonis had a triple-double at halftime

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chaos Commish said:

Asa Laker fan observing all the great young talent they've passed around the league, I have considered the possibilites. Then I see the banner hanging in Staples, and yeah that half second of wondering goes away. Nets fans will love this championship more than anything that has ever happened with the franchise. It's about rings, banners and parades in the end.

To add to this, I can still root for guys like Randle, Ingram, Clarkson, Russell, Ball, Nance, etc around the league and enjoy watching them flourish. And then still be happy to have LeBron and AD and last year’s championship. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Yo Mama said:

To add to this, I can still root for guys like Randle, Ingram, Clarkson, Russell, Ball, Nance, etc around the league and enjoy watching them flourish. And then still be happy to have LeBron and AD and last year’s championship. 

That bolded collection of players still wouldn't sniff a title either. You have to take your chances on the elite players when you can to win a title in this league.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chaos Commish said:

Atm and imo, based on the way they are playing, the only way either the Lakers or Clippers win a series if they play each other in the first round. 

Lakers and Clippers are still at the moment, the top two vegas favourites to come out of the West.  You should go drop some big bucks on Denver, Utah, and Phoenix if you really think neither LA team is getting past round 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

In 29 post-ASB games, here are Anthony Edwards' numbers:

23.1 PPG
5.4 RPG
3.1 APG
1.6 SPG
43.4% FG
33.2% 3PT
54.3% TS
28.3% Usage

He seems like a pretty funny/cool dude too. Fun guy to root for. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deamon said:

Lakers and Clippers are still at the moment, the top two vegas favourites to come out of the West.  You should go drop some big bucks on Denver, Utah, and Phoenix if you really think neither LA team is getting past round 1.

Soon Deamon, soon. Too many variables to work themselves out still. So, it's lame advice, sorry. I expect better odds once the first series are established. Money will pour in on LA teams. Then they will lose.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lukaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

 

In the driver's seat for the 5-seed now. 4-seed out of reach. Rooting HARD for the Clippers or for us to fall to 6 if Denver stays up there at 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Instinctive said:

Lukaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

 

In the driver's seat for the 5-seed now. 4-seed out of reach. Rooting HARD for the Clippers or for us to fall to 6 if Denver stays up there at 3.

I understand the angling for Denver but they are now 9-1 without Murray. They are playing their best basketball of the season while playing trash heap guards significant minutes. It's pretty impressive.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want a Clippers/Lakers 1st round. I don't care who Denver gets at this point--I just don't want them to get the Lakers. There is no way the league will allow the anointed one to lose in the first round to a small market squad like Denver. but a battle for LA would be interesting. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You Lamelo fanboys should watch some youtubes of the 2016 Chino Hills team. Lonzo and Liangelo were fully grown. Okongwu was 6'9" as a freshman. Lamelo was a 14 yr old 8 th grade midget in complete control of the team. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Yo Mama said:

To add to this, I can still root for guys like Randle, Ingram, Clarkson, Russell, Ball, Nance, etc around the league and enjoy watching them flourish. And then still be happy to have LeBron and AD and last year’s championship. 

You Laker fans are baffling to me. I can't think of another fan base that takes credit for players that leave and do well on other teams. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

You Laker fans are baffling to me. I can't think of another fan base that takes credit for players that leave and do well on other teams. 

 

They were kids. Now they're men. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Nets vs. Bucks is very entertaining, but :lmao: at Jordan grabbing the net while Giannis is dunking it and then looking around at the refs like they made a bad call on the goaltending. 

Edit:  Poetic justice as Jordan misses a dunk like 1 minute later. 

Edited by msudaisy26
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

The Nets vs. Bucks is very entertaining, but :lmao: at Jordan grabbing the net while Giannis is dunking it and then looking around at the refs like they made a bad call on the goaltending. 

Edit:  Poetic justice as Jordan misses a dunk like 1 minute later. 

We take Giannis for granted. Those back to back dunks on Jordan were tricky ridiculous no one else can do that sh**.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chaos Commish said:

We take Giannis for granted. Those back to back dunks on Jordan were tricky ridiculous no one else can do that sh**.

Some do and some don't. Pretty sure there is a brohan watching this game right now with a bible in his hands saying a little prayer every time Anteaternintendo throws down a dunk. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Deamon said:

In Round 2.

Don't care when. Make it happen

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

You Laker fans are baffling to me. I can't think of another fan base that takes credit for players that leave and do well on other teams. 

 

How am I “taking credit” for the guys that started with the Lakers by being happy they have been succeeding elsewhere and still rooting for them?  Am I supposed to boo them every time I see them now, forget about them entirely?  It was fun to watch them develop as Lakers and fun to see them get even better as they’ve moved on.
 

Reread what I said and show me where I was “taking credit” for anything. 

 

Sheesh. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Yo Mama said:

How am I “taking credit” for the guys that started with the Lakers by being happy they have been succeeding elsewhere and still rooting for them?  Am I supposed to boo them every time I see them now, forget about them entirely?  It was fun to watch them develop as Lakers and fun to see them get even better as they’ve moved on.
 

Reread what I said and show me where I was “taking credit” for anything. 

 

Sheesh. 

I am talking about this conversion and the one we had about a week ago with you and several Laker fans. Sorry I was lazy and didn't want to quote all of them. 

It is just odd. I am a Piston fan and don't consider them developing Middleton or Dinwiddie. Nor do I root for them because they were on my team for a hot minute. It is odd to me that people do. It would be one thing if these guys played like 12 years for the Lakers and then left to go get a ring. It is very odd to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

I am talking about this conversion and the one we had about a week ago with you and several Laker fans. Sorry I was lazy and didn't want to quote all of them. 

It is just odd. I am a Piston fan and don't consider them developing Middleton or Dinwiddie. Nor do I root for them because they were on my team for a hot minute. It is odd to me that people do. It would be one thing if these guys played like 12 years for the Lakers and then left to go get a ring. It is very odd to me. 

well, LA didn't develop them. they nurtured them some but they developed elsewhere. it's like sending your children out in the world and enjoying their success.

 

also tatum is a monster

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Capella changed the title to 2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Cade Cunningham excited to get to Detroit and demand what real franchise he wants to be traded to

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...