What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (3 Viewers)

Philly is trading Josh Richardson and pick 36 to Dallas, per Shams. Mavs are sending Seth Curry.

Last edited by a moderator:
MJ is just...not good at this post-career basketball thing.

Vernon Carey to Charlotte?  Man, I know he was good at Duke,but will he be anything in the pros?  Take a wing...any wing...and see what happens.

Vernon Carey to Charlotte?  Man, I know he was good at Duke,but will he be anything in the pros?  Take a wing...any wing...and see what happens.
Cody Zeller, Hernanogomez (sp), Biyombo (if he's still in the league and with them)

He's certainly gonna get a chance in Charlotte.

But MJ will likely ship Ball & whatever assets Charlotte's have to Houston for Westbrook and Batum and a BOATLOAD of 1sts to OKC for Horford....

Philly is trading Josh Richardson and pick 36 to Dallas, per Shams. Mavs are sending Seth Curry.
Interesting.

I really like Curry for the Sixers. Like someone that is competent behind the scenes is making some decisions for Philly now. I gotta think Mavs have another move planned to get rid of Curry.

He seems allergic to shooting wings. Maybe he has Al Jefferson flashbacks with this pick. Center is certainly a need, but mostly on the defensive side. Not sure Carey can bring that.

Richardson alone wasn’t enough to get Seth Curry?
I'd take Curry over Richardson and the pick by a wide margin. No slight on Richardson. Sixers also get money off the books in the process.

Seth's turned into one of the best shooters in the game. And on a bargain contract for several years.

Surprised Dallas dealt him. I gotta think Dallas has another move in mind.

Richardson alone wasn’t enough to get Seth Curry?
i'm surprised as well, but it seems that the '19 - '20 Sixers tanked almsot everybody's stock. I think Richardson will play much better in Dallas, and Seth should be just like JJ on the team. Take the heat off everyone screaming for Ben to shoot 3's, and he can continue to lead the league in assists for 3 pointers

I'd take Curry over Richardson and the pick by a wide margin. No slight on Richardson. Sixers also get money off the books in the process.

Seth's turned into one of the best shooters in the game. And on a bargain contract for several years.

Surprised Dallas dealt him. I gotta think Dallas has another move in mind.
Could also indicate Dallas thinks Hardaway Jr will opt out too. (I thought he'd pick up his player option myself...still might).

Loved Curry's fit in Dallas. Should be similar in Philly. Think he's gotten knocked for being the worse brother & was slow to do much early career but he's developed into one of the best 3 point shooters in the game himself.

Between Danny Green and Curry, they should be able to get 48 productive minutes a game. If Green sucks like he did in the postseason, Curry can win games for Philly with his shooting.

I love the Curry move for the Sixers. They're starting to look like an actual team.

Just easy money taking a guy like Tre Jones at 41.  Will be a solid 10 year pro that can come off the bench, run the show,  and lock down on D.  Sometimes I feel like teams overthink this part of the draft looking for grand slams when there are solid doubles out there for the taking.  

I'm gonna be pretty upset if Grant leaves. He is the piece that will make MPJ viable.
You finally come around on Jerami? He was a great fit with what y’all had going on this year, I agree, hope they can work out a deal for him to stay.

wow, Sixers got a bit of a steal with that 49th pick of Isaiah Joe. Figuring Joe, Green and Curry the Sixers have them quite a bit of shooting that they were missing. 

Would love to know how much of this is the former Sixers front office, and how much is Morrey. 

I think if anything, Sixers will be a heck of a lot more enjoyable to watch this year as compared to last year. Though, really don't know how they could be worse to watch then last year. Brett Brown got screwed a bit with the hand the front office dealt him

My last in person pro/college game was taking my 3 sons (oldest attends) to Clemson to watch them beat FSU. Great freaking game. Had seats right behind the hoop which were awesome (right there for the GW) and went onto the court after the win. Younger boys got selfies with the players and cheerleaders. Here’s the link in case you forgot:

https://youtu.be/MgNvbLkSeis

I’m sure we were in there somewhere. Also, Deshaun Watson must have been there since we passed by an i8, or something like that, with a personalized license plate that I think was Watson4.
I remember being very upset after that game. Feels like 300 years ago. 

wow, Sixers got a bit of a steal with that 49th pick of Isaiah Joe. Figuring Joe, Green and Curry the Sixers have them quite a bit of shooting that they were missing. 

Would love to know how much of this is the former Sixers front office, and how much is Morrey. 

I think if anything, Sixers will be a heck of a lot more enjoyable to watch this year as compared to last year. Though, really don't know how they could be worse to watch then last year. Brett Brown got screwed a bit with the hand the front office dealt him
Not sure what exactly what the Sixers are going to do, but it never hurts to pick up a great shooter at this stage of the draft.

If Isaiah Joe ever becomes a significant player I will eat my hat. 

If Isaiah Joe ever becomes a significant player I will eat my hat. 
maybe. I think he is a better prospect then Shake Milton was. I'll be happy to take a quality bench guy who can shoot. If anything, he can be a nice cheap contract and they can move on from guys like Mike Scott, etc. 

I actually like some of Charlottes young pieces. I think PJ washington, devonte Graham, miles bridges, and now Lamelo do have some nice future upside.  I agree with you that MJ hasn't been a great executive--but I don't think the team is a complete wasteland. There is some talent there. 

What's this new Bogden/Bucks issue?
Seems nobody bothered to tell Brohanovic about the signing part of the sign and trade. 

Either that or everyone figured out this move wasn’t legal yet until FA starts so this was their way out of it for now. 

I remember being very upset after that game. Feels like 300 years ago. 
So glad we went, it was a blast and I can barely remember it. To think that there was a little “worry” about the virus back then when there were like a handful of cases across the entire South at that point.

Seems nobody bothered to tell Brohanovic about the signing part of the sign and trade. 

Either that or everyone figured out this move wasn’t legal yet until FA starts so this was their way out of it for now. 
Sounding more and more like Bogie DOES want to play in Milwaukee, and this is quite possibly just an elaborate ruse to avoid getting in trouble for tampering (since clearly someone couldn’t keep his mouth shut). If Bogie truly wants to play in Milwaukee, he’ll be playing in Milwaukee.

https://twitter.com/brewhoop/status/1329301793973673985?s=21

Dani Avdija ... steal of the draft at 9.  He's no Doncic.  But there is huge upside.  Likely will grow a couple more inches.   Can shoot, dribble, basketball genes, and is fairly athletic.  Considering how weak this draft was, love what les Bullets did here.  Not sure about Winston in 2nd though.  Always seemed slow to me.

Users who are viewing this thread