What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (9 Viewers)

Donovan pulled all the starters, and they seemed to pick it up, relatively speaking. 

Arch's manbun :oldunsure:
Down only 11!!!! Amazing what a little defense effort will do....

Defense in their current starting lineup is non-existent. 

Coby needs to be moved to 2nd unit. A move I think happens next game. They can't continue with all of Lavine/White/Lauri starting. White's been terrible all around and they need a PG on offense, so easy decision with him.

I don't think Lauri/Carter will fit together long term either....but it's a less pressing of an issue than their backcourt of Lavine/White.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bulls move to 0-2. 

By far the worst team in the league I've seen thus far this year. On the bright side Bulls fans, their margin of defeat in 1st 2 games in LESS THAN (somehow) Sunday's opponent....

....The Golden State Warriors.

If Golden State loses to the Bulls, they might should look at dealing Steph. (Will they? Of course not IMO)

Hey Thunder, you might want to guard Miles Bridges on the perimeter!!! (He's drained 3 straight 3s in the last 20 seconds.....10 seconds left in game)

His final trey tied it at 107-107. Gilgeous Alexander then with a sick crossover & drains a long 2 and 1.4 seconds remains (109-107 Thunder). And Thunder win after a Hornets miss from 3 at buzzer.
Hornets with a nice start losing to the juggernauts of Cleveland and OKC. Good thing they're spending all that money to do it.

Bulls move to 0-2. 

By far the worst team in the league I've seen thus far this year. On the bright side Bulls fans, their margin of defeat in 1st 2 games in LESS THAN (somehow) Sunday's opponent....

If Golden State loses to the Bulls, they might should look at dealing Steph. (Will they? Of course not IMO)
Golden State is so ####ed cap wise, they'll hold onto Steph forever. They owe Wiggins and Green close to $60 mil/yr for 2 years beyond this one :lol: Draymond is just starting his deal. They're already so desperate theyre paying $80 million for Kelly Oubre this season  :lmao:

Quick Mavs time out after Clippers start the third quarter on a 10-0 run. 

Dallas lead down to only 40. It’s a new ballgame, folks. 

This game is going to mess with players’ +/- stats so bad. 

Per Tm McMahon on Twitter:

”The Mavs played 10 guys in the first half. Every single one had a plus-minus of +20 or better.”

Adrian WojnarowskiSenior NBA Insider 

The Clippers are trading Landry Shamet to the Nets for No. 19, source tells ESPN. This is a three-way deal that includes the Pistons, with Luke Kennard heading to the Clippers, sources tell ESPN. The Pistons will get the No. 19 pick, giving them three in the Top 20 now, per source.

Bulls move to 0-2. 

Bulls up 3 at the end of the first.

Golden State is so ####ed cap wise, they'll hold onto Steph forever. They owe Wiggins and Green close to $60 mil/yr for 2 years beyond this one :lol: Draymond is just starting his deal. They're already so desperate theyre paying $80 million for Kelly Oubre this season  :lmao:
I'm fine with this as a Warrior fan. Curry, Klay, and Draymond can play as long as they want. We had decades of losing before them, so I'm happy to let them play out their current contracts. Plus, we have Wiseman on a rookie deal and he's looking like a bargain. Just really hope we can get something close to peak Klay back next season.

Hornets beating the Nets, Cavs beating the Sixers, and Knicks beating the Bucks, just like everyone expected.
Sixers look terrible. But we all know Simmons is a career loser. Even Jimmy Butler couldn't carry him to a finals.

Free money every year betting the under with them.

Tatum thinks that bank shot winner vs. the Bucks was a good shot apparently.  He backs up even further for a ridiculous shot down 1 vs the Pacers and, of course, misses it.

Horrible decision making from Tatum.  Just plain stupid.  Get in the paint, get a good look, get to the line, find a teammate....anything but that POS 25ft attempt.  I don't care about a miss or make in reality, I just hate the decision making because that is a miss 90% of the time.

Stevens is not the coach I thought he was if he can't get that kind of BS out of Tatum's system.  I'm so mad.  Everyone else did their job fairly well down the stretch to give them a chance to win the game and Tatum pukes up a hero ball chuck shot from a mile away.

On the plus side, Pritchard looks like a decent contributor and Robert Williams had a really effective game.  Brown showed up again and Tatum did actually get to the free throw line a few times.  They did enough to win tonight, just came up one play short.

1-2 doesn't feel that poor considering the competition, but they can't lose to Indy again on Tuesday.  Need to get some momentum going and find an identity that doesn't include Jayson firing last second shots from half court.

Bulls up 3 at the end of the first.
Update: 

Still terrible.

Drop to 0-3 (all 3 at home)

At least they were competitive tonight. :unsure:  

Warriors aren't any good either. 

Carter Jr feasted because they have zero physical presence on their roster right now. I think I could shot fake Wiseman......kid bites every single time.

Going to be a long long year IMO for both teams. Is it possible to rebuild during a rebuild? :unsure:  

Bulls desperately need an option at PG. Little doubt Coby can score....but he's not a PG and just looks clueless way too often on BOTH ENDS by much of anything that's not shooting.

Still can't quite believe the Lakers got Gasol.  Such a great fit.

They've put 103 on the wolves - at the end of the third.
The T-Wolves are terrible, but it was still fun to watch Gasol just run things from the high post.  The Lakers are ridiculously deep this season.  

At least the T-Wolves scored more than the Clippers tonight.

Trade Simmons and Scott for Harden and maybe PJ Tucker. 

Start Shake and move Green to the bench. Shake-Curry-Harden-Harris-Embiid. Bench of Maxey-Kork-Green-Tucker-Howard with a sprinkle of Thybulle. 

Jayrod said:
Tatum thinks that bank shot winner vs. the Bucks was a good shot apparently.  He backs up even further for a ridiculous shot down 1 vs the Pacers and, of course, misses it.

Horrible decision making from Tatum.  Just plain stupid.  Get in the paint, get a good look, get to the line, find a teammate....anything but that POS 25ft attempt.  I don't care about a miss or make in reality, I just hate the decision making because that is a miss 90% of the time.

Stevens is not the coach I thought he was if he can't get that kind of BS out of Tatum's system.  I'm so mad.  Everyone else did their job fairly well down the stretch to give them a chance to win the game and Tatum pukes up a hero ball chuck shot from a mile away.

On the plus side, Pritchard looks like a decent contributor and Robert Williams had a really effective game.  Brown showed up again and Tatum did actually get to the free throw line a few times.  They did enough to win tonight, just came up one play short.

1-2 doesn't feel that poor considering the competition, but they can't lose to Indy again on Tuesday.  Need to get some momentum going and find an identity that doesn't include Jayson firing last second shots from half court.
it's funny that i am listening to more Celtics podcasts so far then Sixers' ones, but according to these guys (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ2cxXAmiBU&t=243s&ab_channel=CLNSMedia) Stevens had a play designed that didn't pan out so Tatum called an audible. I think Tatum is a little head over heels with himself, and just loving Hero Ball

Trade Simmons and Scott for Harden and maybe PJ Tucker. 

Start Shake and move Green to the bench. Shake-Curry-Harden-Harris-Embiid. Bench of Maxey-Kork-Green-Tucker-Howard with a sprinkle of Thybulle. 
no thank you. it is the 3rd game of the season, with pretty much 2 practices for the season started for the team with the new head coach, asst. coaches and 3 new significant team mates. Harden won't magically fix the current team, at all. Could make it even worse (we want to see Harden vs. Embiid fighting at the end of the game for who should be shooting when the team has said for the last 3 years that this is Embiid's team?).

let's play out a little more of the season. Hopefully we get to see some improvements from Green and hopefully Curry starts to settle in better

Gr00vus said:
Still can't quite believe the Lakers got Gasol.  Such a great fit.

They've put 103 on the wolves - at the end of the third.
it is funny that they landed him, and i am guessing they preferred him to Dwight and that was why Dwight moved on. Was a pretty great low key move by them. 

Happy the Sixers got Dwight though too, dude is doing well and fitting in much better than was assumed he would

Partially torn ACL for Dinwiddie. Seems like he’ll be out for the season. :kicksrock:  
Well that certainly hurts their chances at a potential Harden deal.  With that said- this sets Levert up for a very large role. He might be the most under rated player in the league right now.

Well that certainly hurts their chances at a potential Harden deal.  With that said- this sets Levert up for a very large role. He might be the most under rated player in the league right now.
he'll get hurt too. ashamed to be wasting thought over a team w Kyrie on it, but Bruce Brown is the guy to watch now - one of the underrated pickups of the offseason

Partially torn ACL for Dinwiddie. Seems like he’ll be out for the season. :kicksrock:  
That is a rough break. Despite losing to my lowly Hornets, I thought the Nets looked better than expected. Irving/Durant high pick and rolls are neat. 

Pretty sure Ryan Tannehill had a partial tear several years back that he came back from sooner than the normal window, but then tore it for real.

I guess real sports doesn't work like fantasy, but my first thought is it would make it more likely to trade him as part of a Harden deal. I always like acquire hurt players on the cheap in dynasty.

I guess real sports doesn't work like fantasy, but my first thought is it would make it more likely to trade him as part of a Harden deal. I always like acquire hurt players on the cheap in dynasty.
Houston was feeling as if Levert, dinwiddie and Allen were not enough for Harden with a healthy Dinwiddie. Dinwiddie getting hurt would move them further apart  as his value is now discounted.  The Nets don’t have much else to offer which probably means a third team would most likely have to get involved to facilitate something. Who knows what will happen

Houston was feeling as if Levert, dinwiddie and Allen were not enough for Harden with a healthy Dinwiddie. Dinwiddie getting hurt would move them further apart  as his value is now discounted.  The Nets don’t have much else to offer which probably means a third team would most likely have to get involved to facilitate something. Who knows what will happen
Didn't realize that was the current terms. Nets would be dumb to take that deal. 

Knicks at .500? 2020 is crazy.       Julius Randle with a 28/11/11 - almost had the quad double with his 9 turnovers.

Last 5 triple doubles for the Bricks...would have thought Porzingis had gotten one but no.  Didn't even remember Jarrett Jack playing for them.

Julius Randle 12/29/2020
Elfrid Payton 2/3/2020
Mario Hezonja 4/5/2019
Jarrett Jack 1/10/2018
Carmelo Anthony 4/17/2012

I’m far too jaded to get any hopes up for the Kings, and I’m a little concerned about what this is doing to their draft pick, but they are 3-1 after playing a tough opening schedule (Nuggets 2x, Suns 2x). Halliburton has been so fun to watch. Really amazed that they were able to get a day 1 contributor late in the lottery in such a maligned draft. 
They lucked out a bit in that Halliburton is probably a better nba fit than several players ahead of him, but although this draft was very weak at the top, it was decent in the middle tier, so sac was in a decent spot.

So far, I’ve been pleasantly surprised  by the Hornets and a little by the Thunder.  The suns and the blazers look like they will be really tough outs for anyone in the playoffs.

the magic still look like the same blah, low ceiling team despite their early record. 

Bulls win again! Can they play the Wizards every game?

Otto Porter's looked good this year. JMO He's always been one of the favorites for Boston to use their exception on if Kemba can make it back this year.

Bulls win again! Can they play the Wizards every game?

Otto Porter's looked good this year. JMO He's always been one of the favorites for Boston to use their exception on if Kemba can make it back this year.
Bulls certainly looked a lot better than the first few games.  They have a tough stretch of opponents coming up (Bucks, Mavs, Blazers, Kings, Lakers, Clippers, Celtics) so I'm not expecting many more wins anytime soon.

That said, I'm becoming a big fan of Donovan. He's probably the best coach they've had since Phil Jackson.  If the Bulls stay reasonably healthy, I think he can coach them up to possibly squeak into the play-in tourney.  There is talent on the team.  

Karnišovas has said it's an evaluation year for the players but I could see changes at the trade deadline.  Porter could help a playoff team.  Maybe Thad Young or Satoransky too.  LaVine?  I want to wait more games and see how the team looks before deciding whether I'd like to see him traded or not.  Of course, it always also depends on what the other teams are offering.

Users who are viewing this thread