What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (3 Viewers)

Full trade --

Rockets get Oladipo, Exum, Kurucs, 3 BKN unprotected 1sts ('22, '24, '26), 1 MIL unprotected 1st ('22), 4 BKN 1st round swaps ('21, '23, '25, '27)

Nets get Harden

Pacers get LeVert, 2nd rounder

Cavs get Allen & Prince

Good breakdown from Shams:

@ShamsCharania

Sources: Full current trade:

Rockets: Victor Oladipo, Dante Exum, Rodions Kurucs, 3 BKN first-rounders (22, 24, 26), 1 MIL first (22, unprotected), 4 BKN 1st round swaps (21, 23, 25, 27)

Nets: James Harden

Pacers: Caris LeVert, 2nd-rounder

Cavs: Jarrett Allen, Taurean Prince

Looks like full rebuild mode in Houston (Hou 2021 pick is protected 1-4 with pick swap with OKC). 

Think Oladipos expiring will be on move soon too 

Last edited by a moderator:
Harden and KD nice combo when Kyrie is on his bs which is most the time. 

Sixers nerds like me are irrationally glad to keep Maxey. 

On to the Beal speculation. 

Holy ####

Brooklyn’s acquiring James Harden in a three-way deal with Cleveland. Caris LeVert, Dante Exum, Rodions Kurucs, four 1st round picks – including Cavs’ 2022 first via Bucks -- and 4 Nets pick swaps to Rockets. Jarrett Allen, Taurean Prince to Cavs.
good trade for Brooklyn, and Indiana. Not sure why Houston didn't keep trying to get pieces, it would seem like they could have got more. 

ETA: the picks sound sexy, but i am not sure how valuable they will be. My guess most will be in the 20s. Maybe in 5 years they can pay off a bit, but my guess is NJ makes some moves before then

As a long time Nets fan - this gives me PTSD from the awful Celtics deal but a KD/Kyrie?/Harden trio is way better than over the hill Garnett/Pierce so at least it gives the Nets a legit shot at the title....

If they win a title its a great deal....if not its a likely disaster....no in between,  This better wake up Kyrie..  

Looks like full rebuild mode in Houston (Hou 2021 pick is protected 1-4 with pick swap with OKC). 

Think Oladipos expiring will be on move soon too 
yeh, it would seem that Oladipo would be the richest piece they got, and i agree there is probably 0 chance Fertitta would pay up for him. I wonder how much of this trade was about Fertitta continuing to cut costs since it wouldn't seem like they will be playoff contenders for some time. 

Wonder how happy Wall and Cousins are now

Wow.

Glad to see them lose LeVert and Allen.  They are pretty top heavy and mortgaged the future, but they are the most talented team in the East by far now.

Wow.

Glad to see them lose LeVert and Allen.  They are pretty top heavy and mortgaged the future, but they are the most talented team in the East by far now.
Now if only you could get those guys to play together. Apart from KD, Harden and Kyrie are only concerned with scoring the most points.

4 unprotected and 4 swaps.  i don’t think 1 title justifies this for a malcontent that houston seemed desperate to move.  you better win multiple titles.  at least harden isn’t 37, but man, he likes to quit from time to time.

They've only played one half of ball against the Knicks, but Brooklyn's depth is still looking okay tonight! This is the best Jordan has played all year, Bruce Brown is balling, and even the rookie Reggie Perry is putting up some numbers. Very good to see.

I really wish Dinwiddie wasn't out for the year though. :(  

There's nothing inherently all that funny about it, but the video of Kyrie and his family dancing at the party just cracks me up for some reason.

The combination of all the components (the outfits, the dance moves, the faces they're making, the lighting, the fact that its occurring while he's supposed to be at a job that pays him 10's of millions of dollars) just seems like the pinnacle of  "We dont give a damn. We're here to PAR-TAY".

The Pelicans have lots of talent. I think with time and development they will improve. Don't sleep on Nickeil Alexander Walker.  If Van Gundy can invest some playing time in him to allow him to develop--watch out.  I watched clips of off season workouts and scrimmages  that Nickeil was doing with other NBA players and rhw dude was absolutely beasting.  The kid has a great work ethic and a strong desire to get better.   
Eff it.  I know it's lame to give oneself props--but I'm going to do it.  Kid got his first start today and completely balled out.  He had a huge game against a team with very solid defenders and made it look easy. Really made it look effortless like his cousin Shai Gilgeous Alexander. 

In regards to this trade today--I love it for Indiana.  I'm a huge Pacers fan and as much as I like Oladipo--Levert is low key borderline all star talent imo.  If the Pacers can somehow get him, Brogdon, Sabonis, Turner, and TJ warren (when he gets back) to gel--I think they could give a lot of teams some trouble. 

I also like the deal for the Rockets. They basically get to see Oladipo for a year to see if he can get anything close to his old self without any major commitment.  Wall looks decent, and Christian Wood is a great young talent.  The picks they have could be used to draft talent or they could also be future trade equity.   Also--while Brooklyn has a lot of talent (assuming Kyrie comes back)--they also have the ingredients to implode and be a dumpster fire.  If that happens--those picks that Houston got--could be a lot more valuable than most are expecting.   

There's nothing inherently all that funny about it, but the video of Kyrie and his family dancing at the party just cracks me up for some reason.

The combination of all the components (the outfits, the dance moves, the faces they're making, the lighting, the fact that its occurring while he's supposed to be at a job that pays him 10's of millions of dollars) just seems like the pinnacle of  "We dont give a damn. We're here to PAR-TAY".
The 30 for 30 they eventually do on Kyrie is gonna be fantastic...to say he marches to his own drummer is an understatement...if he writes a book the title should be "Personal Reasons."

I dont get all these Net fans crying about "mortgaging the future" - its the NBA...you either have stars or your irrelevant.  and mediocre is irrelevant....

The Nets have been between a laughingstock and irrelevant since Kidd left 12 yrs ago and most of their existence before that since moving tothe NBA....if in the middle of that purgatory if you told me that they would be the talk of the NBA and had arguably 3 of the top 10 players in the NBA on one team to make a title push for the next 2 yrs Id have signed on immediately.  

Is it a little strange that they are not making a run with home grown talent...sure....but dont forget their last run was based on Kidd who wasnt home grown....gotta grab stars when you are able in the NBA....you could "Build" forever....luck is definitely needed

Fans are acting like this is a disaster....if they leave after 2 yrs so be it...this has stamped Brooklyn as a legitimate NBA title destination so let's not act like the future is doomed because of no picks for a few yrs....this is not the Celtics trade for 2 over the hill guys....

Im going to enjoy every minute of this run and if/when the Nets turn back into a pumpkin so be it....Im praying Ill have the 1st title ive ever witnessed with the Nets to fall back on.  

I dont get all these Net fans crying about "mortgaging the future" - its the NBA...you either have stars or your irrelevant.  and mediocre is irrelevant....
tis wrong that mediocre is irrelevant. we are apparently not learning last wk's lesson that most of what's created by indulging the ridiculous in the name of fun Reality TV is a further need to indulge the ridiculous f'Real

Can Beal be had without including Simmons?
9 pick swaps and Al Horford's ghost

Kyrie mess is even more of a reason to make the deal - you cant waste an opportunity to win with Durant.  If Kyrie doesnt want to play they would not have much of a shot with just Durant....if Harden rounds back into form then they have a legit chance...Im still fine with the deal. 

If Kyrie wants to sit out then so be it.....wonder if they can cancel his contract

He didn’t want to be second fiddle to LeBron, a guy that is known for involving his teammates, and now he’s not even 2nd fiddle and the two guys ahead of him both prefer to have the ball in their hands. Wouldn’t surprise me if he never plays another game for the Nets.

I’ll say this though, it’s funny how people complain about superstars manipulating things so that they can team up and dominate, but then also complain when a guy wants to try to prove that he’s the guy and can lead a team to a championship without teaming up with a bunch of superstars.

Users who are viewing this thread