What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (6 Viewers)

just saw Boston media guy saying Ainge wants to hold TPE and tey will make a trade for Beal this summer. Lol, Boston media loves to try and hint the C's will get every superstar in the league
since Simmons left, i've yet to see a Boston media guy (except Scal - and he aint tellin now that he has Heinsohn's job - and the Globe print reporters) who anyone who knows ANYTHING inside will talk to. seven years easy since one of the talking heads has said sumn came true

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, refs are making it up to the Knicks for last night. Silly NBA, wish they told me before i bet.

Cue Soduko...
Nope, haven't heard from him lately since we're on a 6 game win streak.

Either that, or he switched to digital Sudoku and the tablet slipped into the tub.

The top 4 teams in the East are on a crazy streak.  Combined 35-5 in the last 10 games for the Sixers, Nets, Bucks, Heat.

:wall:  destroyed the Clippers Sunday then gave away another would-be great win against Dame and the Blazers. Literally in the last 10 seconds. AGAIN. I'm tired of Lillard. Would rather not have to play him again. lol 

The top 4 teams in the East are on a crazy streak.  Combined 35-5 in the last 10 games for the Sixers, Nets, Bucks, Heat.
Meanwhile in Boston....let a close game slip away again.  Smart was brutal and just kept bombing away in the 4th, basically negating an all-around great effort against the Jazz last night.  That was one they should have won with simply average shot selection down the stretch.  Instead they opted for horrible shot selection and choked it away.

Meanwhile in Boston....let a close game slip away again.  Smart was brutal and just kept bombing away in the 4th, basically negating an all-around great effort against the Jazz last night.  That was one they should have won with simply average shot selection down the stretch.  Instead they opted for horrible shot selection and choked it away.
cant believe i was not upset by the IU rumors on Stevens, but they've stopped listening to him. not a side2side the whole game. CWebb said what Scal has for weeks - allowing too many easy shots and not working to any for themselves. thing is, there aint a coach left who anyone listens to, not even Pop.

was just going to talk about this. Last 10 games have:

Sixers 8-2

Nets 9-1

Bucks 9-1

Heat 9-1

Hornets 7-3

It is funny thinking about how so much NBA media and some fans were crying how the West is so great, and the Eastern conference is such junk. What was that, 1 year? 

was just going to talk about this. Last 10 games have:

Sixers 8-2

Nets 9-1

Bucks 9-1

Heat 9-1

Hornets 7-3

It is funny thinking about how so much NBA media and some fans were crying how the West is so great, and the Eastern conference is such junk. What was that, 1 year? 
It was a lot more than 1 year.  The East has definitely closed the gap in the last few years, but I'd still say the West overall is a bit stronger, even this year.  But it's much closer now.

It was a lot more than 1 year.  The East has definitely closed the gap in the last few years, but I'd still say the West overall is a bit stronger, even this year.  But it's much closer now.
if we are talking overall East teams and overall West teams we would have to take a longer look. but thinking about it, LebRon has been in LA for 2.5 years right? before that East wasn't considered that bad. year before last Toronto wins the championship, and last year we could say West was superior

if we are talking overall East teams and overall West teams we would have to take a longer look. but thinking about it, LebRon has been in LA for 2.5 years right? before that East wasn't considered that bad. year before last Toronto wins the championship, and last year we could say West was superior
The year Toronto won the championship, the West was much stronger than the east. Toronto doesn't win the championship if KD doesn't get hurt. 

love all of the buzz and hype around the trade deadline, and then we get this:

The Thunder have traded Trevor Ariza to the Miami Heat for Meyers Leonard and a draft pick, sources tell the Athletic that Leonard is signing his trade consent and the trade will go through.

So Ariza barely played this year and Leonard is suspended. Free 2nd round pick for OKC, or does Ariza have something left in the tank?

love all of the buzz and hype around the trade deadline, and then we get this:

The Thunder have traded Trevor Ariza to the Miami Heat for Meyers Leonard and a draft pick, sources tell the Athletic that Leonard is signing his trade consent and the trade will go through.

So Ariza barely played this year and Leonard is suspended. Free 2nd round pick for OKC, or does Ariza have something left in the tank?
i believe a racist-to-be-named-later is going to Miami....

Ariza can show ol' Iggy how to get treys almost all the way to the basket.

What call?  The travel?  Looked like he went up, never lost control of the ball and came down.
looked like the defender (i forget who by now) palmed the ball which caused Randle to double-clutch a bit and come back down with the ball instead of shooting it.

feels like he should know better than to think that he can just come down with it and not be a travel.

would have to watch on replay again to be 100%

Great job by Gianis. Witht the help from the refs, he has been able to get all the way up to 9 points with Ben guarding him  :clap:

about to make up that deficit in the next 90 seconds
maybe you are right. refs with 5 straight fouls on the Sixers in like 65 seconds. that is impressive

ETA: and now they opt to call a Tech on Shake for no reason, and follow that up with Middleton throwing a heave with no time left on the clock, but jumping into Howard on and calling a foul on Howard to give them 3 free throws. Really should consider doing something about these guys shooting 3s and then jumping into someone and somehow calling a foul on that. Just silly, and really is embarrassing.  :shrug:

what i can't figure out is when exactly the NBA turned into this much of a joke with officiating. you hear about 2-3 games a night. This Sixers game is a literal joke at this point simply because the refs.

I am almost positive it wasn't like this in the late 80s and early 90s, right? was it early 2000s when this subjective officiating started to take root?

Yes, you've nailed it. Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan never got preferential treatment from the refs, and never whined about not getting it.
i don't remember them getting a ton, did they? Maybe that was the start then, wouldn't be surprised David Stern would push some of that. It worked and helped the NBA grow, but silly they are keeping with it

SIxers need to learn to play with some of these shennanigans. Shooting went ice cold in the 4th due the frustrations with calls, funny how they finally got it back when under a minute came. 

Bucks look pretty terrible though, don't switch for anything and left 2 absolutely wide open 3s in the last 30 seconds to allow Sixers to tie it up. Zero excuse for 31 points in the 1st half too, Sixers played good defense, but a team needs to figure out how to get around that. Way to dependent on 1 or 2 things, and that is it. 

Nets with a solid win despite Kyrie & KD being out. Harden 40/10/15  :wub:
have to give Harden credit. Took same exact route as Butler, and will all turn up roses for him in the end. Not sure how much longer it will work for players, but for these 2 the plan worked great

lol, and again Ben hits a 3 with a guy in his face in OT with nothing but net. C'mon Ben, try to get 1-2 of those up a night buddy

what i can't figure out is when exactly the NBA turned into this much of a joke with officiating. you hear about 2-3 games a night. This Sixers game is a literal joke at this point simply because the refs.

I am almost positive it wasn't like this in the late 80s and early 90s, right? was it early 2000s when this subjective officiating started to take root?
Wow

lmao at thinking refereeing is bad today, but was magically good in the 80s

the NBA is practically impossible to referee.  sure there are bad calls, but they let so many things go and can't possibly whistle every infraction.  there must literally be hundreds of opportunities per game to call fouls. and most of the calls are legit. there are a small percent each game that fans hate and that makes people believe they are the worst in the world.  :shrug:

there used to be straight out fistfights on the court. Rudy T nearly got killed in a fight. guys would get ####### clotheslined going to the hoop. the Knicks, Hornets, Heat, Pistons, etc. nearly rendered the NBA unwatchable because of how physical and slow the games were. people wanted the game sped up because referees were getting too involved in the football game... so the game sped up, guys got more athletic, longer, leaner, faster and the NBA more free-flowing.

but that's still not enough. 

you whined that the NBA should introduce replay because referees were missing too many calls. too many missed goaltending calls, missed calls on loose ball situations.. then you got replay and you hate it because it slows the game down too much. but when a ref blows a whistle and you don't like it, you want them to go to the tape and review.

some of you should stop watching sports.

lmao at thinking refereeing is bad today, but was magically good in the 80s

the NBA is practically impossible to referee.  sure there are bad calls, but they let so many things go and can't possibly whistle every infraction.  there must literally be hundreds of opportunities per game to call fouls. and most of the calls are legit. there are a small percent each game that fans hate and that makes people believe they are the worst in the world.  :shrug:

there used to be straight out fistfights on the court. Rudy T nearly got killed in a fight. guys would get ####### clotheslined going to the hoop. the Knicks, Hornets, Heat, Pistons, etc. nearly rendered the NBA unwatchable because of how physical and slow the games were. people wanted the game sped up because referees were getting too involved in the football game... so the game sped up, guys got more athletic, longer, leaner, faster and the NBA more free-flowing.

but that's still not enough. 

you whined that the NBA should introduce replay because referees were missing too many calls. too many missed goaltending calls, missed calls on loose ball situations.. then you got replay and you hate it because it slows the game down too much. but when a ref blows a whistle and you don't like it, you want them to go to the tape and review.

some of you should stop watching sports.
Refs will miss calls and replay should be fired into hell for all sports. 

this is the type of hot takery that has been missing since all the guys who claimed to be lifelong basketball fans but who had actually discovered basketball at the exact moment golden state signed durant then immediately left when durant got injured so thank you for filling that hot take void take that to the bank brohans   

ok fine, NBA officiating has been silly for some time promoting superstars like they can. That is a funny one how SImmons can't draw fouls while driving to the basket, but others can get a call almost every time. 

DO people actually like the special treatment for guys who can seen as stars of the league? I mean Embiid has learned to game the system, and good for him, but he does earn a ton of those calls too getting hacked a ton down there

SHams called it a few hours earlier, but heck of a pull for the Rockets getting a 1st out of this:

"Tucker will head to Milwaukee with Rodions Kurucs and a 2022 first-round pick previously owned by the Bucks. Houston will receive D.J. Augustin, D.J. Wilson, a 2023 unprotected first-round pick and the right to swap its 2021 second-round pick with Milwaukee’s first-round pick (top nine protected)."

That swap of picks is a fun little deal with it being only top 9 protected. Bucks are 3rd in the East now, so really no reason Houston can't get that

SHams called it a few hours earlier, but heck of a pull for the Rockets getting a 1st out of this:

"Tucker will head to Milwaukee with Rodions Kurucs and a 2022 first-round pick previously owned by the Bucks. Houston will receive D.J. Augustin, D.J. Wilson, a 2023 unprotected first-round pick and the right to swap its 2021 second-round pick with Milwaukee’s first-round pick (top nine protected)."

That swap of picks is a fun little deal with it being only top 9 protected. Bucks are 3rd in the East now, so really no reason Houston can't get that
PJ Tucker is a difference maker.  That's a huge boost to the Bucks who can go small with Giannis/Tucker/Middleton/Jrue/DiVencinzio

PJ Tucker is a difference maker.  That's a huge boost to the Bucks who can go small with Giannis/Tucker/Middleton/Jrue/DiVencinzio
watching the game tonight, i was not impressed at all by the Bucks. Considering they didn't have Curry for more than half of it, and no Embiid, and were up by 19 through most of the game until the game got kind of funky in the mid-3rd Q, i am not too concerned about them. 

also would have rather seen PJ come to the Sixers, he actually had a report that he wanted to come to Philly the most. Mil gave up quite a bit (i say too much) to get him

watching the game tonight, i was not impressed at all by the Bucks. Considering they didn't have Curry for more than half of it, and no Embiid, and were up by 19 through most of the game until the game got kind of funky in the mid-3rd Q, i am not too concerned about them. 

also would have rather seen PJ come to the Sixers, he actually had a report that he wanted to come to Philly the most. Mil gave up quite a bit (i say too much) to get him
I think the Bucks are too soft outside of Giannis.  Tucker is an animal and will be pleasantly surprised at the relief he gets from playing alongside 2 giants in Giannis and Lopez.  His energy will help push Jrue and Middleton into playing up to their potential and will give Giannis a guy to feed off of.  I love the move for the Bucks.

Sixers average close to 30 FTs a game. Tonight they had 4........ Was 6 maybe but 2 of those were because of a tech call.

I get Embiid gets 13 of those a game, but really only calling 2 personal fouls when they had multiple guys driving to the basket all night is just silly

I think the Bucks are too soft outside of Giannis.  Tucker is an animal and will be pleasantly surprised at the relief he gets from playing alongside 2 giants in Giannis and Lopez.  His energy will help push Jrue and Middleton into playing up to their potential and will give Giannis a guy to feed off of.  I love the move for the Bucks.
will be interesting to see. I know there isn't much out there with moves, but i hope the Sixers make one or 2. It is always tricky, and luckily i have faith that Morrey and company won't screw it up (like max contract Horford), but will be interesting next week to see which teams in the East can make some moves

Sooo, it's time to worry about the Celtics, Right? Maybe not getting Myles Turner for free was a bad idea.
Especially when Turner knocks them out in the play in games. 

Hard to see a first round matchup Celtics could win with Sixers, Nets, Bucks, and Heat running away with the top four spots. 

Users who are viewing this thread