What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (6 Viewers)

Yes him and LeBron both are not good from the line. Simmons slightly worse. 
the big difference is that when ole lebron is at the line you say man that four time champ four time mvp four times finals mvp ten time finals appearing brohan could shoot a little better from the line but when benny boy simmons is there you say man that guy who is worse than the 20th best center from the 1970s is just a laroosh take that to the bank bromigos 

Last edited by a moderator:
Deamon said:
Or ban those who are allergic to giving a 3 time All-Star any credit at all. Even when he succeeds or has good stats, it's either "ignore the sixers fan" or "gang up on the sixers fan" 

I get that modogg's anti-celtics shtick can get a little overdone, but most of us are just happy we are finally decent. 
i wish i could keep the anti-Celtics thing going, but now that they are sub .500 it isn't nearly as fun. In seriousness, it is better when both the 6ers and Cus Cries are good

Nathan R. Jessep said:
Obvious Pels homer here, but can you explain why it's so silly? I'm intrigued at why you think it's the silliest pick. Have you looked at Zion's numbers this season? And who he's put them up against? 
i don't know honestly. thinking about the all-star it does get to the root of why the NBA is such an enigma t times. You have guys like Rozier and Booker who don't get in but score tons of points regularly. 

And i haven't seen too many Pels games this year, but from what i heard Zion's defense has been atrocious. Maybe he turned it round when everyone started to point it out and hit him up, but he falls into this category at times as the go to guy for his team so he naturally will get more points, etc. 

Compare him to a guy i have seen more of like Tobi Harris. Tobias has been efficient this year, and probably has comparative stats, but being on a team with Embiid and Simmons his overall numbers will naturally be lower then guys on less talented teams. 

So honestly, i don't know  :shrug: . I have heard a lot the past week or 2 about the value of an overall team's record mattering with the votes (a team with a better record would seem to insinuate you have a more talented team). 

SWC said:
ben simmons is a career 604 free throw shooter and that is an improvement from his rookie year of 560 so i guess i give him credit for working on it but he is still no connie hawkins take that to the bank bromigos 
over 70% in February, i think maybe itching toward 80%. He has had some solid games lately going to the line more, and in particular in games when teams look for him like yesterday when he went 3/4 from the line in the last 2 minutes

Guy is only 24 too, so we will see him for another 10 years

over 70% in February, i think maybe itching toward 80%. He has had some solid games lately going to the line more, and in particular in games when teams look for him like yesterday when he went 3/4 from the line in the last 2 minutes

Jokes aside, Sixers look a lot better this year. Simmons does too. NBA has always been a league where you have to prove it in the postseason.  Get to the ECF and you'll get the respect IMO.

Pacers-Warriors.  Absurd flop by TJ McConnell with 19 seconds left.  It’s so idiotic to see the refs continue to allow obvious flopping.  McConnell on the bench smirking afterward.

It's pretty wild that many won't ever give the guy props.  He's having an incredible year.

Sixer Fan:  Ben made all star team
Sixer Hater:  It's fan votes anyways
Sixer Fan:  Ben got very few fan votes and a ton of the player votes
Sixer Hater:  Silent.

Sixer Hater:  Middleton should have made it over Ben.
Sixer Fan:  Ben's stats are better than Middletons
Sixer Hater:  You should use advance stats instead, don't use basic stats.
Sixer Fan:  (Shows advanced stats showing Ben was better this year)
Sixers Hater:  Silent.
Other Sixers Hater:  You should use the eye test only.

Sixers Fan:  Lebron has a slightly better FT % than Ben this year.
Sixers Hater:  "Slightly" is doing some heavy lifting.
Sixers Fan:  it's 68% to 70%
Sixers Hater:  Silent.

I get it, Ben can't shoot long range.  But he's very good.

Jokes aside, Sixers look a lot better this year. Simmons does too. NBA has always been a league where you have to prove it in the postseason.  Get to the ECF and you'll get the respect IMO.
I'm pretty confident they won't get the respect even if they do make the ECF.  They could lose in OT of game 7 of NBA finals and it would be "See you can't win a title with Ben at PG, he sucks"  :P

I'm pretty confident they won't get the respect even if they do make the ECF.  They could lose in OT of game 7 of NBA finals and it would be "See you can't win a title with Ben at PG, he sucks"  :P
Maybe so. I've always been very skeptical of a team built around Ben/Joel. I'm skeptical of Middleton/Giannis too. People still don't respect Lebron as much as they should. We all have our biased takes.

Seems like @Raider Nation is reading this thread.

i wish i could keep the anti-Celtics thing going, but now that they are sub .500 it isn't nearly as fun. In seriousness, it is better when both the 6ers and Cus Cries are good
Celtics have now lost 7 straight games against teams below .500. I know C's fans looooove Danny (except @wikkidpissah), but man i don't know how you don't fire the guy after this year. if he does nothing by trade deadline i hope Brown demands a trade

it is nice to see Charlotte turn into a legit organization again with the beginning stages of a perennial playoff contender. 
MJ running a franchise is still something I don't believe in until I see it, but Lamelo is magic. I was pounding the table for him as soon as Charlotte got that #3 pick. He sees the floor so well and just elevates everyone around him with his positive attitude. He tries (and sometimes fails) things that most players wouldn't even consider.

No thanks. I’ve already spent more time on this than I should have. 
Haha, so you bash me for saying 68% vs 70% is "slightly" but won't follow up on it once you see the numbers are actually closer together than you assumed.  Then when I show you VORP and advanced stats that favour Ben > KM,  you cowardly no longer want to discuss it.

When the numbers and facts don't support your narrative,  suddenly it's 'not worth your time' but you keep liking posts about it 😂.  Time for a new sport for you.

Haha, so you bash me for saying 68% vs 70% is "slightly" but won't follow up on it once you see the numbers are actually closer together than you assumed.  Then when I show you VORP and advanced stats that favour Ben > KM,  you cowardly no longer want to discuss it.

When the numbers and facts don't support your narrative,  suddenly it's 'not worth your time' but you keep liking posts about it 😂.  Time for a new sport for you.
this is where @Yo Mama should flop and have it sent the other way.

Lakers without AD continue to be a hard watch.

ETA: It's made easier by this beautiful paint job on Utah's floor though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lakers without AD continue to be a hard watch.

ETA: It's made easier by this beautiful paint job on Utah's floor though.
Losing AD was obviously a huge blow for them, but missing Schroeder is killing them right now. Vogel had been basically staggering him with LeBron since Schroeder is the only other shot creator on the team. He also allowed LeBron to play more off ball when they were on the floor together. LeBron is now forced to do everything on offense and it’s even more bogged down when he sits. 

Go get some air.

Gr00vus said:
Pretty sure they'll be having this argument in 2079 about how Biff Jackson and his cybernetic implants would have destroyed George Mikan at hoops.
In 2079 will Los Angeles still be counting titles won in Minneapolis?  If so, let the battles wage on.

Maybe so. I've always been very skeptical of a team built around Ben/Joel.
As you should be.  Long-term, Embiid's health has to be a concern and Ben's inability to shoot becomes a bigger issue as the games become more important.

it is nice to see Charlotte turn into a legit organization again with the beginning stages of a perennial playoff contender. 
When did this happen?  The Hornets are now an entertaining league pass team, but they have to do more than make the correct pick at 1.03 to become a legit organization.

BTW - I find myself wanting to see the following line-up more than I should:  Bridges/Monk/Ball/Rozier/Graham....because that puts the uniform numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4 on the court for the Hornets at the same time. 😄

PS - The only other "better" line-up combo would be in Portland with: Anthony/Lillard/Simons/Trent Jr/McCollum which would put 00, 0, 1, 2, and 3 on the court for the TrailBlazers.  With 4Giles and 5Hood waiting at the scorers table to check in.  :bag:

Losing AD was obviously a huge blow for them, but missing Schroeder is killing them right now. Vogel had been basically staggering him with LeBron since Schroeder is the only other shot creator on the team. He also allowed LeBron to play more off ball when they were on the floor together. LeBron is now forced to do everything on offense and it’s even more bogged down when he sits. 
Agreed on Schroeder.  He's now the third most important player to the Lakers title pursuit.  All the items you list on offense are spot on.  I've also been very impressed with his defense this season.  He's constantly in the back court harassing the opponent's ball handler and he's been extremely active on that side of the ball overall.

Shroeder is a free agent this summer right? Have to think he will be asking for more money in his next contract, not sure Lakers can keep him with their cap

Shroeder is a free agent this summer right? Have to think he will be asking for more money in his next contract, not sure Lakers can keep him with their cap
Yeah he’s set to be a free agent, but the Lakers can now (or soon, I forget the exact date but it’s this month) sign him to a longer term extension. Sounds there is interest in both sides to get it done. With all the cap space, limited quality FAs, and limited space for the Lakers in the off-season it makes sense to lock him up now (even if it’s an overpay). Similar thinking to the Kuzma extension. They could always trade him down the road but don’t want to lose him for nothing in the off-season. 

I will throw up if the sixers make this trade for Lowery and move Harris to the 3 and Simmons to the 4:

The trade would likely see veteran Danny Green and his $15 plus million moved back to Toronto along with Tyrese Maxey, Mike Scott and Terrance Ferguson. The 76ers would also need to send at least one first-round pick in the deal.

I will throw up if the sixers make this trade for Lowery and move Harris to the 3 and Simmons to the 4:

The trade would likely see veteran Danny Green and his $15 plus million moved back to Toronto along with Tyrese Maxey, Mike Scott and Terrance Ferguson. The 76ers would also need to send at least one first-round pick in the deal.
Ya I don't really want Lowery.  Maybe he can start at the 2, but we're going to ruin our chemistry and lose some depth and future talent.  Would add some much needed shooting though.

PS - The only other "better" line-up combo would be in Portland with: Anthony/Lillard/Simons/Trent Jr/McCollum which would put 00, 0, 1, 2, and 3 on the court for the TrailBlazers. 
Thinking about this.....is there any logical reason why the NBA allows the number "00"?  I mean I guess I get "0", but who the #### needs two zeros?  Curious if they would allow "000"?

Simmons is great if you discount actual basketball related ability

he's..... tall and he's..... tall
Back to trolling I see.  Simmons is definitely a great player to anyone that follows basketball.  Guess all the NBA players who voted him to the ASG for 3 years are all somehow dumber than you are though.

I didn't want to jump in this Simmons argument again, but i am amused at how much people gush about Giannis, yet hate Ben and think he is horrendous.

Give me the guy who is a top 2 DPOY, and chooses to not shoot  bunch of 3s because he knows he won't make a good percent of them. Ben was shooting close to 80% from FT line in Feb, getting him close to 70% for the season. then we have Giannis:

Season     FT       FT%

2017-18   6.5       76.0%

2018-19    6.9       72.9%

2019-20    6.3       63.3%

2020-21   5.8       57.5%

Not saying Giannis is terrible, simply saying this love affair with hating Ben is comical at best

When did this happen?  The Hornets are now an entertaining league pass team, but they have to do more than make the correct pick at 1.03 to become a legit organization.

BTW - I find myself wanting to see the following line-up more than I should:  Bridges/Monk/Ball/Rozier/Graham....because that puts the uniform numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4 on the court for the Hornets at the same time. 😄
I agree with all of this. Those you mention plus PJ Washington and Hayward have ended up being a surprising amount of offensive firepower. Makes it a fun watch, I jumped through more hoops than I wanted to watch them locally. Wish I could just go to the damn arena a mile away instead.

Users who are viewing this thread