What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (5 Viewers)

That was our discussion last week. A few Laker fans were taking credit for their development and I disagreed. 
I seem to remember (granted I’m getting old) saying Clarkson was pretty good for the Lakers, especially for his draft spot, and agreed he’s gotten a lot better since then for Utah. Is that the “taking credit” you’re talking about?

As far as Chris Boucher goes, he's legit and has been a player since his time at Oregon.  He's skinny but is a great shot blocker and he continues to develop his outside shot.  He was keeping Jordan Bell on the bench at C as a Duck, but an injury slowed down his progress for a bit.  No more, glad to see him overcome that setback and establish himself.
If Boucher doesn't tear his ACL in the Pac 12 tournament Oregon would have won the NCAA championship in 2017.

If Boucher doesn't tear his ACL in the Pac 12 tournament Oregon would have won the NCAA championship in 2017.
Meh.  Was at that FF.  Gonzaga would have matched up very well vs Oregon and I think they would have beaten them had Oregon gotten by UNC.

i have no rooting interest in philly spurs but daaaang that ball was not all the way clear from the top view. it was close but still needed to move out of the cylinder an inch or so. ref wanted to go home. short review, screw it, cannot reverse, too close.

These challenges are brutal.
sheesh, sweat that one out. I know almost everyone hates Ben Simmons, but he is the main reason they won that game. drawing those offensive charges on the Spurs was huge, and the head's up play in OT was a saver. 

Never should have been that close, but you could see Doc was really trying to get that 2nd unit to win the game and maintain the lead. Played with fire there, luckily they didn't get totally burned. 

Have an away game in Miami at some point, but outside of that i don't see why they would lose another before the end of the season

sheesh, sweat that one out. I know almost everyone hates Ben Simmons, but he is the main reason they won that game. drawing those offensive charges on the Spurs was huge, and the head's up play in OT was a saver. 

Never should have been that close, but you could see Doc was really trying to get that 2nd unit to win the game and maintain the lead. Played with fire there, luckily they didn't get totally burned. 

Have an away game in Miami at some point, but outside of that i don't see why they would lose another before the end of the season
They'll probably lose at least 1 they shouldn't.  But yes, that 1 seed is massive.  Would love to see the Nets/Bucks slug out a full 7 game series. 

Simmons with the super long distance game winning shot at the buzzer in OT was sweet.

They'll probably lose at least 1 they shouldn't.  But yes, that 1 seed is massive.  Would love to see the Nets/Bucks slug out a full 7 game series. 

Simmons with the super long distance game winning shot at the buzzer in OT was sweet.
Will probably no more after Tuesday night. if the Sixers get a 2 game lead i could see them rest Embiid or some others down the stretch

this is what they have left:

tomorrow 5/3 @ CHicago  - yikes, that could be the one. back to back away game from SA to CHicago is some funny scheduling by the NBA

5/5 at Houston 

5/7 Pelicans in Philly - Win, will be revenge since their flop in N.O.

5/8 Pistons in Phi

5/11 @ Pacers  - could be tough one, but Philly should win because Embiid dominates this match-up

5/13 at Heat - Yikes

5/14 and 5/16 Magic in Philly

Tatum and Brown crashed into each other at end of C’s - Blazers game and couldn’t finish the game. Just about the worst nightmare for any team. Hopefully nothing serious or Boston will be even more dead in the water. 

lakers blazers mavs all 36-28. one is headed for a play in game.

lakers get - nuggets, clippers, blazers, suns, knicks, rockets, pacers ,pels

mavs get - nets, heat, cavs, cavs, griz, pels, raptors, wolves

blazers get - hawks, cavs, lakers, spurs, rockets, jazz, suns, nuggets

it's gonna be close for the 7 seed play in game

I wonder if the play in game is actually that bad in the West.  1 game vs Memphis and then a series vs the Suns, or a series vs the Clippers?

Funniest for me with the West bracket is the Warriors, currently at 10. Fight hard every game to maintain that 1 seed, just to have the Warriors in first match-up would not be fun

Tatum and Brown crashed into each other at end of C’s - Blazers game and couldn’t finish the game. Just about the worst nightmare for any team. Hopefully nothing serious or Boston will be even more dead in the water. 
This game was very, very frustrating to watch.  Celtics are just a mess right now (when compared to legit contenders).  So much inconsistency.  I can't think of another team that can look so dominant and unstoppable and then so clueless and soft in back to back quarters.  Only Tatum is the consistent force keeping them above .500.  I think Walker is actually fine, just too many games off makes him look inconsistent and Brown seems to be streakier in his play lately.  Other guys are all role players that seem to come and go.

As for the collision, it sounds like Tatum will be fine (probably just a bruised shin) but no word on how bad things were for Brown.

This game was very, very frustrating to watch.  Celtics are just a mess right now (when compared to legit contenders).  So much inconsistency.  I can't think of another team that can look so dominant and unstoppable and then so clueless and soft in back to back quarters.  Only Tatum is the consistent force keeping them above .500.  I think Walker is actually fine, just too many games off makes him look inconsistent and Brown seems to be streakier in his play lately.  Other guys are all role players that seem to come and go.

As for the collision, it sounds like Tatum will be fine (probably just a bruised shin) but no word on how bad things were for Brown.
BOS can look like the best or worst team in the league . . . usually both in the same night. Take an average of that and you get a .500 team (which is what they are).

The only thing we haven't really seen is the entire team healthy and available at the same time. There are always key pieces out. It probably won't make any difference because their effort level is all over the map. Even Tatum has nights where at the end of games he is a liability, turning the ball over a ton and jacking up ill-advised shots. I would not be shocked if they lost in the play in tournament . . . and I would not be shocked if they put things together and they went on a mini run and won a couple of series in the playoffs (unlikely, but maybe they turn the switch on when the games really matter like in the past few years).

Tatum scoring a ton holistically (ie in regular game flow) is a good thing. Tatum scoring a ton because no one else can make a basket is a bad thing. The team can score 40-80 points in a half with no real rhyme or reason either way.

Love how Lebron hates the play-in tourney now that the Lakers might have to be in it.  I thought it was a good compromise to cut the regular season by 10 games in exchange for this as those missing 10 games could make a difference in the final two teams getting into the playoff in a normal season.

yeah, we like to make fun of Ben Simmons for his lack of any jumper.. and Lonzo Ball's looks awful.. but holy #### does Tyrese Haliburton make them both look like Steph Curry

Love how Lebron hates the play-in tourney now that the Lakers might have to be in it.  I thought it was a good compromise to cut the regular season by 10 games in exchange for this as those missing 10 games could make a difference in the final two teams getting into the playoff in a normal season.
Ya everyone loves to speak up once it affects them (Lebron, Dallas).

At first I liked the play in tournament, and then I hated it, and now I'm not sure how I feel.

my biggest parlay of the night...

pacers to win, pels to cover -2, blazers to win, 6ers to cover -6, nuggets to cover -4.

if you're curious how heavy I do this. it's 50 to win 2k. fun risk for me. i've hit several, but nothing lately, still house money.

enjoy the slate!

Westbrook's passing in the first half - phenomenal.

11 assists and counting.

12 one the best of all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zion is really large.   And I don't mean that in a good way.
yeah i wonder what he will look like when he is 24-25. I assume the Pels are well aware of this, but it is going to be a balance between him keeping his power, while at the same time not getting like Tractor Traylor from his C's days

Westbrook's passing in the first half - phenomenal.

11 assists and counting.

12 one the best of all.
He is incredible. Westbrook has 18 Rebounds and 20 Assists. He has 10 points on 3/4 shooting. There are still 10 plus minutes left in the 4th. This guy is a super star. Love following him just for stats.

Watching Andrew Wiggins is really frustrating.   It reminds me of watching Jamal Mashburn in the 90s.....constantly thinking "how can this can not be better?" or "why does he feel such an urge to bog down the offense?"

Watching Andrew Wiggins is really frustrating.   It reminds me of watching Jamal Mashburn in the 90s.....constantly thinking "how can this can not be better?" or "why does he feel such an urge to bog down the offense?"
Jamal Mashburn was a bucket, though

granted it took him 18-22 seconds to get it, but that dude could score.

He is incredible. Westbrook has 18 Rebounds and 20 Assists. He has 10 points on 3/4 shooting. There are still 10 plus minutes left in the 4th. This guy is a super star. Love following him just for stats.
If Russ is going to embrace this high energy, pass first low volume shooting he could be a huge asset on a team. I think he could really bring the Pelican team together like Paul did the Suns. 

Wiggins looks really good when he is into them game. Plays good defense, can score and should be the 3rd best player on a contender, but something is missing. It is almost like he doesn't like basketball, but does it because it pays so well.

If I am the Warriors I am getting him a shrink or trying to figure out if there is another underlying condition like depression or add or something. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What has happened to JA Morant this year. He has not been the same since the injury. So inconsistent. To think there was a point where I really believed he was the best player from last year’s draft.

mr. furley said:
yeah, we like to make fun of Ben Simmons for his lack of any jumper.. and Lonzo Ball's looks awful.. but holy #### does Tyrese Haliburton make them both look like Steph Curry
You are just talking about how ugly it looks, right?  Because he's shooting >40% on >5 attempts per game.  Not exactly a Ben Simmons situation.

Users who are viewing this thread