What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (2 Viewers)

modogg said:
Tatum is playing to make an all-NBA team because he will be eligible for an additional 30 million dollars if he makes all-NBA.  Knicks should win but I’ll be on Tatum over points too. 
Don't even think he played today?

All(most) set in the East.

1 Sixers
2 Nets (barring CLE over BKN upset tonight)
3 Bucks (barring CLE over BKN upset tonight)
4 Knicks
5 Hawks
6 Heat
7 Celtics
8 Wizards
9 Pacers
10 Hornets

Checked the box score in the first quarter and Curry was sucking and was like 1 for 7 from 3.   Just looked at the final stats and he basically hangs half a century. 

I think I need a ncaa tournament style multi-tv setup tonight for all the craziness going on at 6pm pacific.  Only seeds set in the west are 8-9-10, and all the rest are going to be settled at the same time. 

Jazz need win to hold onto 1 seed, and it would be totally Kangz to sneak out a surprise win here (or lose by 40)

Denver says they’re not avoiding anyone but they have no real incentive to beat the blazers

Lakers need to win against the Pelicans g-league team and get help to move up to 6

Mavs seem pretty settled, but can still can move around if they crap the bed

Clips seem to be setting up the ultimate tank-off with OKC (LAC sitting everyone to stay down in the 4 spot, and thunder need a loss big time)

I love and hate the play-in  

Can’t wait. 

I think I need a ncaa tournament style multi-tv setup tonight for all the craziness going on at 6pm pacific.  Only seeds set in the west are 8-9-10, and all the rest are going to be settled at the same time. 

Jazz need win to hold onto 1 seed, and it would be totally Kangz to sneak out a surprise win here (or lose by 40)

Denver says they’re not avoiding anyone but they have no real incentive to beat the blazers

Lakers need to win against the Pelicans g-league team and get help to move up to 6

Clips seem to be setting up the ultimate tank-off with OKC (LAC sitting everyone to stay down in the 4 spot, and thunder need a loss big time)

Can’t wait. 
You may hate the play in but yo mamma told me she’s a huge fan

Can’t wait. 
A ton 'up for grabs' tonight, but I expect all the teams we expect to win, to win.

Maybe I should set up a poll....

Assuming your goal is a first round playoff win, would you rather have to win two games to face the Sixers or one game to face Brooklyn?

Assuming your goal is a first round playoff win, would you rather have to win two games to face the Sixers or one game to face Brooklyn?
Easily 1 game to face Brooklyn.  I agree I'd rather play the Sixers than Brooklyn, but just marginally.  The issue here is winning the two games.  That is MUCH harder than only having to win 1 game.

I don't get it? If you are the 7th or 8th seed you can only win one game and you are in. If you are the 9th or 10th seed you have to win 2 games to make it to the 8th seed. 

Checked the box score in the first quarter and Curry was sucking and was like 1 for 7 from 3.   Just looked at the final stats and he basically hangs half a century. 
Yeah, the Grizzlies were playing him super tough outside to limit his 3's, so he just started back-cutting to get layups.   And then Brooks fouled out in the 4th (he should have fouled out in the 1st quarter if the refs had any courage), and at that point nobody could guard Curry anymore.

I don't get it? If you are the 7th or 8th seed you can only win one game and you are in. If you are the 9th or 10th seed you have to win 2 games to make it to the 8th seed. 
Yes, I think he's asking if the 8 or 9 seed is better.  8 seed needs 1 win to play the Nets.  9 seed needs 2 wins but gets to play the Sixers (an easier matchup)

Interesting that the Clippers are resting both George and Leonard and the Nuggets are playing everyone.
"playing everyone" is relative.  Jokic has only played 10/18 minutes.  Their other starters 7/18 minutes.  Probably even less in the 2nd half.

Denver was never going to win this game... losing is just SO much better for them and Portland is determined.

No one is going to beat the Nets in a series. That team is just ridiculous. Kyrie just finished the season with 50/40/90. Only the 9th player in the history of the NBA to do that. He did that while averaging over 27 PPG. Oh yeah, then there is the Harden and KD duo. They’re not so bad, eh? 

No one is going to beat the Nets in a series. That team is just ridiculous. Kyrie just finished the season with 50/40/90. Only the 9th player in the history of the NBA to do that. He did that while averaging over 27 PPG. Oh yeah, then there is the Harden and KD duo. They’re not so bad, eh? 
Someone might.  But it will be very difficult.  They're ridiculously good... and hate-able. 

4th to 10th seed in no time. Actually I think they were positioning themselves to avoid Brooklyn and Milwaukee preferring to warm up against the Sixers
I agree that the Nets are a much better squad than the Sixers, but Charlotte has no chance of slowing a player like Embiid with the Zeller/Biyombo juggernaut.

Really glad they paid Gordon Hayward $30 million and year and he's missed the last third of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that the Nets are a much better squad than the Sixers, but Charlotte has not chance of slowing a player like Embiid with the Zeller/Biyombo juggernaut.
Don't think he was serious.  He was the dude that had the "Charlotte is going to win the NBA finals" shtick going a few days ago.

A rested LaMelo, Hayward, and Monk should win the 7/8 game and  be in prime position to take down #2 seed Philly in 6.  From there it will be child's play dismantling the Hawks/Knicks winner.  A sweep of the that series should allow plenty of time to rest up for Brooklyn/Milwaukee winner.  It will be a tough series, the the Bugs take it down in 7.  Biggest question is who will make it out of the West to see LaMelo and company hoist the trophy in Buzz City?

Don't think he was serious.  He was the dude that had the "Charlotte is going to win the NBA finals" shtick going a few days ago.

Well, Kyrie just announced that he’s more focused on Israel-Palestine than he is basketball.   Because you know, Kyrie has really done so much to impact the world at large outside of basketball.  

Man, i knew the Wizards were playing good the last month, but i had no idea they had this big of a jump:

"At one point in the season the Wizards were 17-32, they end up finishing 34-38 to earn a spot in the top 8."

17-6 last 23 should be up pretty high on the list of winning percentage for the last 23 games. I have been pushing to see the Cus Crise in the 1st round for the Sixers because i have an inkling that is one of the few teams the Sixers won't take it easy for a game or 2, but seeing Rus vs Embiid in a 7 game series has some high value to it as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYrUeDKcWfg

ETA: i know they have had some good beef, can't remember details yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJZOywAzPUs

27 PPG and 50/40/90. That’s pretty good for not being focused on basketball. 
I didn’t say that he wasn’t focused all season. I said that he just announced it.  As in recently.  Due to Israel-Palestine, which in case you missed it, has recently re-erupted in violence.

Man, i knew the Wizards were playing good the last month, but i had no idea they had this big of a jump:

"At one point in the season the Wizards were 17-32, they end up finishing 34-38 to earn a spot in the top 8."

17-6 last 23 should be up pretty high on the list of winning percentage for the last 23 games. I have been pushing to see the Cus Crise in the 1st round for the Sixers because i have an inkling that is one of the few teams the Sixers won't take it easy for a game or 2, but seeing Rus vs Embiid in a 7 game series has some high value to it as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYrUeDKcWfg

ETA: i know they have had some good beef, can't remember details yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJZOywAzPUs
Ya I hope the Wiz beat the Celtics.  Wiz/Nets 7 vs 2 would be a very fun series with Kyrie, KD, Harden, Westbrook, Beal all on the court at once would be fun.

They were +600 in the offseason before acquiring Kyrie. I placed massive (for me) Warrior offseason bets when they had Durant. Would have won them all if not for his injury. My Nets bet wasn't that huge, but the odds are way better. The injuries spooked me again, so I hedged Philly at +1100 when modog was bemoaning the disrespect. I really like my chances of winning a little or winning alot.

I can't see a western conference team winning this. Milwaukee has to go through Brooklyn and had less appealing odds than Philly. So the hedge worked out nicely this weekend. 

Here's maybe a nutty thought to most of you, and I hesitate to share it, cuz i don't want modog to kiss me, but seeing Philly at their best several times this year, whew, just unbeatable. And it's the bench D that makes life so easy for them. Howard and Rondo were key to what the Lakers did last year. Howard is still a beast defensively; more rebounds and blocks per minute than Joel. And he has worked hard to defend the perimeter, has great moments out there. If, IF, the second unit gets rollng with D&3 game, I think they're the only team that can run with the Nets. And, AND, the Nets have a way of playing down to their competition, or just not looking right. 

Not looking right is why I expect little from either LA team. 

Someone quote this to show me how dumb I am in a few weeks. :)

I agree that the Nets are a much better squad than the Sixers, but Charlotte has no chance of slowing a player like Embiid with the Zeller/Biyombo juggernaut.

Really glad they paid Gordon Hayward $30 million and year and he's missed the last third of the season.
They have no chance of showing any center, might as well play a team that doesn't have Durant and Harden on the perimeter.

I don't know what to say about Hayward.  Guy is a HOFer when it comes to banking money for being hurt.  Would Westbrook have been a fit for Charlotte or would he have messed up Ball's developement?

I was and before you think I'm hating on Embid, I had MDogg's Embed and Jordan team opening a can of whoop ### on everyone.  Durant/Harden/Kyrie/Griffin is insane.  Maybe they can add James or Anteater in the off season.

I was and before you think I'm hating on Embid, I had MDogg's Embed and Jordan team opening a can of whoop ### on everyone.  Durant/Harden/Kyrie/Griffin is insane.  Maybe they can add James or Anteater in the off season.
You were serious about Charlotte winning the title? 

most beatable set of #1 seeds ever.

the shark play for the Celts (altho there isnt really one cuz they aint gonna beat anybody) would be to dump game1 so they play to face the Sixers, who are not only not a great team, i'm still not sure theyre a good one. Kyrie is soooo in his former teammates heads that KD, Poopbeard AND Blake could sit and they'd sweep the Green.

Users who are viewing this thread