What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (11 Viewers)

Porter Jr has about as much shot as Jabari Parker as remaining a 3 in the NBA.

Offensively he's got the capability of being this year's Brandon Ingram (probably not to that extent as he won't be the primary option this year with Murray/Jokic there), but it's almost like he's not even there defensively on the perimeter against 3s.
I wouldn’t be falling all over myself to trade for Harden, but I think the Nuggets should deal Porter for some big piece this year while his value is unrealistically high. 

Tom Moore    @TomMoorePhilly

·#Sixers Ben Simmons on taking extra shots after the game: 'Dwight's been pushing me to get better. He wants me to be great. I really appreciate that. It makes you want to work.'

That's great and all Ben, but maybe try some of that during the game?

I wouldn’t be falling all over myself to trade for Harden, but I think the Nuggets should deal Porter for some big piece this year while his value is unrealistically high. 
Yeah he's handling this situation horribly. Houston has given him EVERYTHING. Does a franchise want to (potentially) deal with that on the backside of his career? It's an interesting situation with a team like Denver/Miami (to name a couple)

Houston has to come away with a potential franchise player (ie. Porter/Herro/etc...) in a trade return here.

Little doubt IMO Porter will be a 20+ PPG guy if he's healthy. He's also a 4. No ifs/ands/buts about it. Somewhere he's likely going to be waiting til next year to fill in Denver (barring a Millsap injury). I really question how long he'll last as a 3 in that Denver starting lineup (assuming they continue to start Millsap). 

I agree with you in regards to looking to deal Porter this year for a big time piece. Not because he's not a very very talented offensive player but if he's going to be forced to play the 3 in Denver this year.....he's only going to get exposed defensively more and more on the perimeter.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL at that review in Nuggets-Kings

Jokic got clobbered......and resulted in ball going out of bounds (off Jokic because Whiteside hit nothing but Jokic's arms...not the ball :lol:  ). Ball to Kings after review.

:lmao:  Comical the refs have to review THAT.....and know how much they screwed up not calling a foul on Whiteside.

What a finish in Nuggets-Kings!!!

Tie game. Nuggets have ball midcourt out of bounds pass with about 5 seconds left. Jokic loses the ball/turns it over, Kings break to their end, miss dunk and put back by Hield at buzzer wins it. Crazy.

Man, I wish the Celtics could have wrangled Sabonis out of Indy.  He's a legit All-Star level big.
i do agree here, and would make them a much better team. Ainge bungled the Heyward situation, should have not demanded a ton and grabbed any of the quality players from Pacers. would have made the celtics a more dangerous team instead of letting Heyward just walk

i do agree here, and would make them a much better team. Ainge bungled the Heyward situation, should have not demanded a ton and grabbed any of the quality players from Pacers. would have made the celtics a more dangerous team instead of letting Heyward just walk
Not gonna be a Ainge apologist but you can not make that call until you see what he does with the 27 mil trade exception...I would have had no issues with getting Turner but I also have zero doubts Thompson is gonna be a huge addition for them (12 and 8 last night) and my guess is they don't bring him in if they do the Turner deal...so, if he uses the exception and they end up with a player like Aaron Gordon as well as Thompson instead of Turner this could really work out well.

Not gonna be a Ainge apologist but you can not make that call until you see what he does with the 27 mil trade exception...I would have had no issues with getting Turner but I also have zero doubts Thompson is gonna be a huge addition for them (12 and 8 last night) and my guess is they don't bring him in if they do the Turner deal...so, if he uses the exception and they end up with a player like Aaron Gordon as well as Thompson instead of Turner this could really work out well.
and that out of gameshape (1st contest since March), maybe even physical shape and his comfort zone (trying to fit the flow instead of staying home for o-boards). it was almost confusing to see a hefty post (my stripper name, btw) who knew where to stand in that lineup

Thompson and Teague were great cost effective pickups by the Celtics.  I just hope they limit Thompson’s minutes during the regular season like they did yesterday. 

This may be the high point of RJ Barrett’s career.  There’s a non-zero chance that will be the best game he plays as a pro.
He’s young enough that I’d say there’s a better chance it’s not, but I understand this team hasn’t deserved good things yet.

James Harden added the Celtics and Blazers to the list of teams he'd like to be traded to.

Harden's wish list started with the Nets and Sixers, grew to include the Bucks and Heat, and now includes another pair of playoff competitors. No trade is imminent yet, but it's clear Harden is ready to move on. It's unclear how interested the Rockets, Celtics or Blazers are in making a deal. The perennial MVP candidate still has two years left on his contract with the Rockets, and Houston will take its time searching for the best possible offer.
A week from now....

James Harden has added every other team in league to list of teams he'd like to be traded to.

The Rockets have given this guy EVERYTHING. Literally EVERYTHING. And that's come back to bite them in giving him that freedom.

Do folks not understand that the BOS-IND trade never happened because Hayward already had the offer in hand from Charlotte? The Pacers were not interested in paying him $30 million across 4 seasons. Hayward wanted $5 million a year more than IND was willing to pay him. That had nothing to do with Ainge, and all the talk of who might be going back to BOS was pretty much irrelevant. 

Do folks not understand that the BOS-IND trade never happened because Hayward already had the offer in hand from Charlotte? The Pacers were not interested in paying him $30 million across 4 seasons. Hayward wanted $5 million a year more than IND was willing to pay him. That had nothing to do with Ainge, and all the talk of who might be going back to BOS was pretty much irrelevant. 
Yeah--but Boston messed up on Hayward the moment they got hiim.  People forget that they had a chance to get Jimmy Butler for the same or less than they got Hayward for.    It's not that the Celtics or the Ainge are idiots.  Their biggest issue is that over the past several seasons--they have been in a prime place to make franchise changing moves and land superstar players--but they somehow end up with players that are just good to really good.   It's like the poker player that keeps getting dealt really good hands but plays them in a way to where they win small pots.  

Thompson and Teague were great cost effective pickups by the Celtics.  I just hope they limit Thompson’s minutes during the regular season like they did yesterday. 
Thompson is a fine average player against terrible centers. Put him in a game with actual competition and you get a game like you had today. Will be funny if Turner blows Thompson out of water in the Pacers games coming up

Personally a wonderful day for me--first time I literally got an entire day to relax and lounge around in 2020.  Was able to watch a lot of todays games.  A few things that kinda stood out to me.   Did not feel as if todays games were as competitve as I felt they could have or should have been.   Still loved watching them--but there seemed to be a different energy to the bubble games than  the arena games imo.  Makes me wonder if being in the bubble almost forced the players to focus on basketball and allowed them to not have  the distractions of the strict covid protocols that traveling around during the pandemic is forcing them to endure.  Feel like it's too early to tell--but I might have to add an edit to this post in a few days as things pan out further. 

Personally a wonderful day for me--first time I literally got an entire day to relax and lounge around in 2020.  Was able to watch a lot of todays games.  A few things that kinda stood out to me.   Did not feel as if todays games were as competitve as I felt they could have or should have been.   Still loved watching them--but there seemed to be a different energy to the bubble games than  the arena games imo.  Makes me wonder if being in the bubble almost forced the players to focus on basketball and allowed them to not have  the distractions of the strict covid protocols that traveling around during the pandemic is forcing them to endure.  Feel like it's too early to tell--but I might have to add an edit to this post in a few days as things pan out further. 
It is.  Hard to compare early season games to the playoffs.  

About as underwhelming a slate of game tonight as can get.  (Hornets have mounted a nice little end of game comeback in their much anticipated clash with the Thunder)

So what you've all been waiting for...

Bulls halftime update: (Down 66-56 at home to Pacers)

They still suck.

About as bad a team defense as you'll ever see. Probably rival last year's Wizards bad. 

Zero ball movement on offense.

Satoransky is the only true PG they have. About the only time they look passable in the half court is when he's in the game.....enough said. He's also the only one of Lavine/White that makes any effort on *defense..

White/Lavine are both 2s. No shot they're the long term starting backcourt. They're the same player -- good offensive players that play zero defense....

...which is what Lauri is as well. His long term position will be the 5. He can't stick with 4s  Throw a 4 on the perimeter and he'll roast Lauri. It's going to be Lauri or Carter as their 5 of the future (if either)

(Hornets have mounted a nice little end of game comeback in their much anticipated clash with the Thunder)
Hey Thunder, you might want to guard Miles Bridges on the perimeter!!! (He's drained 3 straight 3s in the last 20 seconds.....10 seconds left in game)

His final trey tied it at 107-107. Gilgeous Alexander then with a sick crossover & drains a long 2 and 1.4 seconds remains (109-107 Thunder). And Thunder win after a Hornets miss from 3 at buzzer.

Users who are viewing this thread