What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (7 Viewers)

Yeah, it's time to put you back on ignore now that we are done with the all-time draft.

Thanks for the reminder!  :thumbup:
:hifive:  should we keep a record of C's losses in a row, like you guys have been doing for their win streaks? just checking.

i think it is funnier that i have probably watched more of the C's this year than many Celtics' fans have. Fair weather fan-base if there ever was one. Good luck, hopefully you guys can be .500 for the year. championship!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another impressive thing about Anthony Edwards. You think -28 is a big deal, he had a -39 this year. And he's only a rookie!
i don't follow the Wolves a ton, but do they keep their #1 this year (i know they lost one with the Russel trade?). hopefully they do, and land well with the lottery. I feel for Townes, hopefully they land a high #1 and you guys can start to look a bit like the Grizzlies (i still think Grizzlies will start making some legit noise next year, easily my 2nd favorite team)

i don't follow the Wolves a ton, but do they keep their #1 this year (i know they lost one with the Russel trade?). hopefully they do, and land well with the lottery. I feel for Townes, hopefully they land a high #1 and you guys can start to look a bit like the Grizzlies (i still think Grizzlies will start making some legit noise next year, easily my 2nd favorite team)
They keep it if it's 1-3. Looking good!

They keep it if it's 1-3. Looking good!
With the second worst record in the league as of today, the Wolves have a 60% chance of not keeping that pick.  So yeah, not looking good!  

But hey, who really cares.  Getting rid of that pick allowed us to flip an inefficient scoring wing that excelled in no facets of the game, and one which had a terrible contract, in exchange for an inefficient scoring guard that excels in no facets of the game, also with a terrible contract.  So we’re good, really.  

#olves (I may trademark this one)

The stupid jump into you when you weren't going to foul me thing just makes the game so boring to watch. 
used to just be an effective late game trick that guys like Reggie Miller would break out now and again. now it feels like you see it a half dozen times per game or more at least.

With the second worst record in the league as of today, the Wolves have a 60% chance of not keeping that pick.  So yeah, not looking good!  

But hey, who really cares.  Getting rid of that pick allowed us to flip an inefficient scoring wing that excelled in no facets of the game, and one which had a terrible contract, in exchange for an inefficient scoring guard that excels in no facets of the game, also with a terrible contract.  So we’re good, really.  

#olves (I may trademark this one)
It was a horrible trade at the time, and looks even worse now.   Crazy that somehow it appears it was done to pacify KAT.  Why would KAT want a PG on the team who takes horrible shots, plays zero defense, and has a history of being a minus player?  Doesn't KAT want to win?

It was a horrible trade at the time, and looks even worse now.   Crazy that somehow it appears it was done to pacify KAT.  Why would KAT want a PG on the team who takes horrible shots, plays zero defense, and has a history of being a minus player?  Doesn't KAT want to win?
Wolves may have been the only team in the league that thought Russell had positive value on that contract. 

They're besties.

Nets pull out a big win vs Phoenix.  I think the #1 seed is theirs.  Embiid and Harris both questionable again tomorrow and Simmons is going to possibly be out long term with his personal issue.
From your lips to God's ears. :)  I think CBS still lists the odds as 65%-35% in favor of Philly though since their schedule is much easier down the stretch.

From your lips to God's ears. :)  I think CBS still lists the odds as 65%-35% in favor of Philly though since their schedule is much easier down the stretch.
I'm just worried about how long Ben is going to be out.  I think this 'issue' lasts longer than people think and not sure when he will be ready to return to the team.... but I don't have too much confidence on it being asap.

Bucks are also rolling and could get the 1 seed.  Saving grace might be the Nets/Bucks games that they have against each other.  But for Philly to get that 1 seed, they need their big 3 playing and who knows when that will happen.

KD looked like his old self today. What sucks (for us non-Nets fans) is the Nets winning so much without the big 3 in there. they are finding ways to win without the top talent, and it is just scary how potentially good they can be

:hifive:  should we keep a record of C's losses in a row, like you guys have been doing for their win streaks? just checking.

i think it is funnier that i have probably watched more of the C's this year than many Celtics' fans have. Fair weather fan-base if there ever was one. Good luck, hopefully you guys can be .500 for the year. championship!
Such an odd take.

2019/2020 playoffs. PHI gets swept in 1st round by BOS. BOS loses in eastern finals

2018/2019 playoffs. Both teams lose in 2nd round

2017/2018 playoffs. PHI loses to BOS 4-1 in semifinals. BOS loses 3-4 in eastern finals

2016/2017 playoffs. PHI was 28-54 and did not make the playoffs. BOS has best record in the east and loses in eastern finals

Such an odd take.

2019/2020 playoffs. PHI gets swept in 1st round by BOS. BOS loses in eastern finals

2018/2019 playoffs. Both teams lose in 2nd round

2017/2018 playoffs. PHI loses to BOS 4-1 in semifinals. BOS loses 3-4 in eastern finals

2016/2017 playoffs. PHI was 28-54 and did not make the playoffs. BOS has best record in the east and loses in eastern finals
yeah, C's have kicked the 6ers around quite a bit the past few seasons. My point was just that i wonder why they are flailing so much this year and was open to a discussion of why C's fans think that is. 

I know many C's fans feel they need to fire Brad Stevens. For me, i think if they fire Brad he is hired by another team in like 1 day (similar to Doc last year). I don't think he is the cause of the issues on that team. I do think there has been an issue for the last 3-4 years, with a lot of top talent looking to leave, and a lot more internal fighting on that team than others. 

I think if i were running the C's i would look to keep Jaylen Brown and have him as a 2nd component. i would consider what i wanted to do with the team, and hope to trade Tatum and either cash in on a rebuild if i didn't think i had enough pieces to grow now, or try to get a more veteran leader. Beal for Tatum straight up would be intriguing

Jordan Poole looks like The Weeknd and Gary Harris had a love child.
Tobias Harris looks like the Weeknd.  Steven Adams looks like Jason Mamoa.

Fun to watch Jokic flop and whine all game.
It's not just him.  The constant ref-whining is one of the items the league needs to clean up this offseason.  Not saying we need Joey Crawford back to T everyone up, but they have to legislate it out a bit somehow.  Same with the Euro foul that eliminates fast break opportunities, slows the game down, and takes away some of the most entertaining play possibilities.  Make that a free throw plus the ball and eliminate the current incentive by the defenders to simply foul in those situations.

AD got.... Powell??... off his feet on a three and then dove in to his legs, undercutting him. 

they've got to stop this ####. it's just dangerous.
This needs to change as well.  The NBA did the right thing to eliminate shooting fouls when the offensive player went under a defender's arms...now they need to amend the current shooting foul rule as well.  Way too many offensive players are getting the benefit of the doubt when they use "unnatural shooting motions" to draw fouls.  Some are going way, way out of their way to jump into defenders in particular.

yeah, C's have kicked the 6ers around quite a bit the past few seasons. My point was just that i wonder why they are flailing so much this year and was open to a discussion of why C's fans think that is. 

I know many C's fans feel they need to fire Brad Stevens. For me, i think if they fire Brad he is hired by another team in like 1 day (similar to Doc last year). I don't think he is the cause of the issues on that team. I do think there has been an issue for the last 3-4 years, with a lot of top talent looking to leave, and a lot more internal fighting on that team than others. 

I think if i were running the C's i would look to keep Jaylen Brown and have him as a 2nd component. i would consider what i wanted to do with the team, and hope to trade Tatum and either cash in on a rebuild if i didn't think i had enough pieces to grow now, or try to get a more veteran leader. Beal for Tatum straight up would be intriguing
The whole Tatum for Fultz and a first is still ruffling your feathers. Or is you aren't even trying to hide your Celtic trolling anymore?

ALSO, the Wolves are 8-6 this year when D-Lo, KAT, and Edwards are all playing. That would put them at the 6 seed in the West. And they're the youngest team in the league. Pieces. Are. In. Place. 

@modogg Don't do it man...
lol, i was literally in the middle of typing "are the Celtics really down 11 to the Thunder with the Thunder playing 2nd half of a back to back away? " 

also pumped if Hornets and Raptors can pull these off, never would have guessed it

ETA: argh, i see Buck have pulled away

lol, i was literally in the middle of typing "are the Celtics really down 11 to the Thunder with the Thunder playing 2nd half of a back to back away? " 

also pumped if Hornets and Raptors can pull these off, never would have guessed it

I think this is the first time I've ever cheered for the Raptors.

The Nets' Big 3 (Harris, Blake, Green) were just too strong today :P :(

At some point don't the chemistry issues of the last three season come back to Stevens? There was a ton of Stevens **** riding over the past half decade but it seems something isn't working any more. They excuse I've seen this year is injuries, and they've definitely had more injuries than most of the teams at the top of each conference (underrated reason for Utah's record), but not to the point that they are hovering around .500.

At least you Celtics fans got to see Brady win another Super Bowl earlier in the year.

Users who are viewing this thread