What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (3 Viewers)

So is the rest of the world. American's team. 
What the T-Wolves are doing is bonkers since they have more to lose by moving down than anybody.

Wherever they wind up record-wise, I'll be rooting for them to be one of the teams that gets lucky and bumps the Pistons back to the 6/7 pick.

Encyclopedia Brown said:
Daniel Theis might be the steal of the trade deadline. 

He is a large, angry man. In the game against Miami last night he bludgeoned their front court on both ends of the floor, like a bowling ball. He and Vucevic played seamlessly together.
Don't remind me :hot:

I miss him.  I loved his game in Boston and would have MUCH rather let Tristan Thompson walk.  Lots of energy defensively (has had great block numbers the past couple seasons) and can shoot.
Stevens did all the work making this guy into a legit NBA starter and now Chicago gets the benefits.

Don't remind me :hot:

Stevens did all the work making this guy into a legit NBA starter and now Chicago gets the benefits.
out of curiosity, do you give Stevens credit for where Rozier is now too? I do think Jaylen Brown has advanced so quickly and at a higher level then most set him at because of Stevens

Brooklyn rolling out its 34th different starting 5 of the season tonight. (Johnson, Shamet, Durant, Harris, Green)

Nuggets after tonight's win are 8-1 since Murray went down. The got a hell of a five game stretch coming up - LAC, LAL, NYK, Utah, BK. We're about to see how good they really are without their second best (and 5th and 6th best) player.

Current Knicks have to be the most fun team to root for in the NBA right now, no?
I don't know about that. They have maybe the biggest ##### owner in the league and they are the Knicks... Hard to really pull for the organization. Aesthetically, they aren't much fun either - they play at a horribly slow pace and have a poor offense with bad ball movement and mediocre spacing. The players seem likeable and they haven't been good in a long time, so I could see the excitement for New Yorkers though.

Honestly, I'm kind meh on the Knicks as well.  I was excited about the Hornets, but they've lost their luster with the injuries.

My non-fan rooting interests:

1. Nuggets - Jokic is just too cool to watch right now.  Been in love with his game for a couple of years now.
  2. Bucks - I like Giannis and think he has put in the work to earn a ring sooner rather than later.  He tries to just run through a brick wall too often, but he's got a lot of heart for a guy so naturally gifted.  He's like the opposite of Ben Simmons.
  3. Suns - I would like to see the Point God get some hardware and I like their style of play
  4. Jazz - Mitchell/Conley are a great tandem and I really like Gobert (I know a lot don't)
  5. Mavericks - Doncic/Porzingis can be fun to watch, but a little green and just not a complete team yet.
Teams I will be rooting against:

1. Nets - F this bunch of ring buying frauds.  I dislike each of their big-3 (each for different reasons) and liked the team from 2 years ago before they shipped half of them away.
  2. Sixers - I've never liked Embiid's "I'm the greatest" schtick before he's done anything and my less-gifted self resents Simmons for not figuring out how to shoot...and also modogg.
  3. Lakers - a lesser version of the Nets with one ring already purchased on their fingers.  I've been annoyed with LeBron for the last 5 years or so and his off court crap is getting real old.
  4. Warriors - Draymond Green is still on the team, Kerr's rubbed me the wrong way a few times now and Curry shimmies and dances too much for a guy on a sub-500 team.
  5. Hawks - I just don't like Trae Young.  He's another guy who's attitude doesn't seem to match his accomplishments like Embiid but plays like a poor man's Harden.

Jayrod said:
Honestly, I'm kind meh on the Knicks as well.  I was excited about the Hornets, but they've lost their luster with the injuries.

1. Nuggets - Jokic is just too cool to watch right now.  Been in love with his game for a couple of years now.
  2. Bucks - I like Giannis and think he has put in the work to earn a ring sooner rather than later.  He tries to just run through a brick wall too often, but he's got a lot of heart for a guy so naturally gifted.  He's like the opposite of Ben Simmons.
  3. Suns - I would like to see the Point God get some hardware and I like their style of play
  4. Jazz - Mitchell/Conley are a great tandem and I really like Gobert (I know a lot don't)
  5. Mavericks - Doncic/Porzingis can be fun to watch, but a little green and just not a complete team yet.

1. Nets - F this bunch of ring buying frauds.  I dislike each of their big-3 (each for different reasons) and liked the team from 2 years ago before they shipped half of them away.
  2. Sixers - I've never liked Embiid's "I'm the greatest" schtick before he's done anything and my less-gifted self resents Simmons for not figuring out how to shoot...and also modogg.
  3. Lakers - a lesser version of the Nets with one ring already purchased on their fingers.  I've been annoyed with LeBron for the last 5 years or so and his off court crap is getting real old.
  4. Warriors - Draymond Green is still on the team, Kerr's rubbed me the wrong way a few times now and Curry shimmies and dances too much for a guy on a sub-500 team.
  5. Hawks - I just don't like Trae Young.  He's another guy who's attitude doesn't seem to match his accomplishments like Embiid but plays like a poor man's Harden.
This is a pretty good list. The only exception I have is the Warriors. I can't get behind the hate. They play a fun brand of ball that is fun to watch especially when they are all healthy. Their ball movement is second to none.

Draymond is also a guy every fan loves when he is on your team. He does all thr dirty work and loves doing it. He makes great decisions. Does he go overboard? Of course, but you never question his effort or desire to win. Put Green on the Celtics from the beginning of the year and they are most likely fighting for the 1st seed and a top 3 team to win it all. 

Kev4029 said:
I don't know about that. They have maybe the biggest ##### owner in the league and they are the Knicks... Hard to really pull for the organization. Aesthetically, they aren't much fun either - they play at a horribly slow pace and have a poor offense with bad ball movement and mediocre spacing. The players seem likeable and they haven't been good in a long time, so I could see the excitement for New Yorkers though.
They’re a much better offense than you think.  Nice ball movement and lights out shooting lately.  Yes, they’re defense-focused, but they’re a more dynamic offense than the 90s era Knicks.  

They’re a much better offense than you think.  Nice ball movement and lights out shooting lately.  Yes, they’re defense-focused, but they’re a more dynamic offense than the 90s era Knicks.  
Most high school teams are more dynamic on offense than the 90's Knicks. 

I think nobody wants to deal with this Knicks team in the playoffs.  Nobody.  
I think you are seeing this team through some homer glasses because it has been so long since they have been relevant. I will probably be the same way if the Pistons ever get good again. 

The Knicks can win the 4/5 matchup. I also wouldn't be shocked if they lose that series either, but I would be surprised if they could push the 76ers or Nets to 6 games. They aren't a threat at all to the top 3 in the East if those teams are healthy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are seeing this team through some homer glasses because it has been so long since they have been relevant. I will probably be the same way if the Pistons ever get good again. 

The Knicks can win the 4/5 matchup. I also wouldn't be shocked if they lose that series either, but I would be surprised if they could push the 76ers or Nets to 6 games. They aren't a threat at all to the top 3 in the East if those teams are healthy. 
Effing homers. They're the worst. 

Jayrod said:

1. Bucks - I like Giannis and think he has put in the work to earn a ring sooner rather than later.  He tries to just run through a brick wall too often, but he's got a lot of heart for a guy so naturally gifted.  He's like the opposite of Ben Simmons.

1. Sixers - I've never liked Embiid's "I'm the greatest" schtick before he's done anything and my less-gifted self resents Simmons for not figuring out how to shoot
:popcorn:  Lot of Ben Simmons hate here, with a touch of Embiid hate. Not too shabby. Still would love to hear your objective analysis on the team that shall not be named by myself (how bad are they really, what went so wrong since 3 years ago, is it fixable, etc.), because it really is kind of interesting and i can't think of a similar situation in the NBA in recent history. Getting obliterated at home so much can't be healthy for longterm chemistry when expectations were so high. Doesn't seem humbling to the team either

Sixers were close last year, but the issue there was the mix of players on the court, and Brett Brown maybe going stale

I think nobody wants to deal with this Knicks team in the playoffs.  Nobody.  
i somewhat agree here. The team plays every night so tough, and their defense is really a grind and wear a team down. Seeing them in the 1st round (if they fell to 6, 7 or 😎 would put one of the top 3 a little behind physcially because the Knicks are just exhausting to play (it seems)

and if the Sixers can stay healthy and keep this going with their shooters starting to sink their shots, they should be a tough match for the other top 2. Seeing Curry look more like the pre-Covid Curry makes me happy. Hard to see what happened to Seth the past few months, but ever since he got the Covid diagnosis he just seemed to be a shell of his former self. Glad he seems to have been coming out of that the past 3-4 games

:popcorn:  Lot of Ben Simmons hate here, with a touch of Embiid hate. Not too shabby. Still would love to hear your objective analysis on the team that shall not be named by myself (how bad are they really, what went so wrong since 3 years ago, is it fixable, etc.), because it really is kind of interesting and i can't think of a similar situation in the NBA in recent history. Getting obliterated at home so much can't be healthy for longterm chemistry when expectations were so high. Doesn't seem humbling to the team either

Sixers were close last year, but the issue there was the mix of players on the court, and Brett Brown maybe going stale
He put you on ignore. Let it go. Plus your attempts to troll him are bad. The Celtics just made the conference finals last year so they were close as well. 

He put you on ignore. Let it go. Plus your attempts to troll him are bad. The Celtics just made the conference finals last year so they were close as well. 
no trolling at all, if i can plainly say. A response to blind Simmons and Embiid bashing may have gave it a bit of bias, but honestly simply intrigued to hear what some of the C;s fans who have been in here for years have to say about their team. Frankly, the Sixers are a bit boring this year because it is basically hope to stay healthy and really see how they look in the playoffs. 

If you are saying that you think this year is an anomaly for the team, i am perfectly fine to hear that. I just think i can't remember seeing a team who consistently was in the conversations fall so far like they have. I think in my opinion, i wonder how much of this is on Brad Stevens? for me, i don't think much of it has to do with him, and if C's go on past him i think he goes somewhere and excels. I do think the team should wonder why it seems like the team has tuned him out though, and is this problematic or not. 

if you think it is an anomaly and that next year they should bounce back, then that is good. It is a fair argument for sure, and will be interesting. i don't know their salary cap situation or where all their players are at contract wise, but i have to wonder if there will be guys on that team requesting trades this off-season or looking to jump ship

ETA: I think a big common theme with the C's this year is that they either play like crap for the first 3 Q's or just frankly don't care. Really wish i would have been betting them live betting when they are down by their 20+ all the time because they do push in the 4th Q. Don't watch a ton of the games, just follow a lot with the CLNS group.

no trolling at all, if i can plainly say. A response to blind Simmons and Embiid bashing may have gave it a bit of bias, but honestly simply intrigued to hear what some of the C;s fans who have been in here for years have to say about their team. Frankly, the Sixers are a bit boring this year because it is basically hope to stay healthy and really see how they look in the playoffs. 

If you are saying that you think this year is an anomaly for the team, i am perfectly fine to hear that. I just think i can't remember seeing a team who consistently was in the conversations fall so far like they have. I think in my opinion, i wonder how much of this is on Brad Stevens? for me, i don't think much of it has to do with him, and if C's go on past him i think he goes somewhere and excels. I do think the team should wonder why it seems like the team has tuned him out though, and is this problematic or not. 

if you think it is an anomaly and that next year they should bounce back, then that is good. It is a fair argument for sure, and will be interesting. i don't know their salary cap situation or where all their players are at contract wise, but i have to wonder if there will be guys on that team requesting trades this off-season or looking to jump ship

ETA: I think a big common theme with the C's this year is that they either play like crap for the first 3 Q's or just frankly don't care. Really wish i would have been betting them live betting when they are down by their 20+ all the time because they do push in the 4th Q. Don't watch a ton of the games, just follow a lot with the CLNS group.
You are trolling him. One of your most recent posts was telling him your solution for the Celtics was to trade their best player who is 23 years old and a top 25 player in the league and rebuild their team because of a down year.

You would come in here and lose your mind if anyone suggested the 76ers should trade Ben or Embiid and restart the process after a down year. 

They also haven't fallen that far. Teams have up and down years all the time. The teams that don't are the Warriors when healthy and Lebron teams. Even the Spurs in all their glory years lost in the first round a few times.  I also don't see you in here bagging on the Heat or Bucks for down years like you do the Celtics. 

You are trolling him. One of your most recent posts was telling him your solution for the Celtics was to trade their best player who is 23 years old and a top 25 player in the league and rebuild their team because of a down year.

You would come in here and lose your mind if anyone suggested the 76ers should trade Ben or Embiid and restart the process after a down year. 

They also haven't fallen that far. Teams have up and down years all the time. The teams that don't are the Warriors when healthy and Lebron teams. Even the Spurs in all their glory years lost in the first round a few times.  I also don't see you in here bagging on the Heat or Bucks for down years like you do the Celtics. 
:shrug: seems like still little too tense in here, happy then to speak about other teams outside of "the team that shall not be named". Really didn't know it was such a sensitive topic for many, but happy to not clog the thread with inquiries about some teams

Happy to discuss other teams, would love to hear and speak more about the Grizzlies, but doesn't seem to be any Grizzlies fns near here. Easily one of the most fun teams to watch and their potential is pretty high

Would love to discus the Raptors, with their interesting season (think they should have traded Lowery), and the realistic opinion on if Chris Boucher is legit. 

Brooklyn rolling out its 34th different starting 5 of the season tonight. (Johnson, Shamet, Durant, Harris, Green)
happy to discuss the Nets some more. Funny, but for me, i can't figure out how i feel about them. They have caught tons of hate, and i can't figure out if i have such vile hate for them too, or if i genuinely feel bad for most of their guys and their bad luck with injuries. I like Kyrie and KD, and think they catch a lot of hate that isn't really warranted. Just mainstream fair weather fan reactions. 

Was there loss to Portland tonight (have to admit, really delighted in that) them simply having too many injuries to battle, or do they really not care too much about the 1 seed? They will certainly be frightening in the playoffs, but i love the idea of them having to possibly play Miami 1st round, and the Bucks in the 2nd

Users who are viewing this thread